PDA

View Full Version : DECEIVER Dominate mind is kinda annoying...

TeeSin
17th Aug 2014, 18:16
Meh ... i really afraid of this one tho . Can anybody help me how to counter it ? :(

you cant do anything while getting mind **** ( reload is fine ) but i think they should allow us to shoot . The screen get blur-ed , you get controlled ... think that is enough annoying CC for one skill . Its better to allow the victim to shoot back whenever he spots the deciever tho .

It can be OP when the chaos happen . A deceiver picks a victim , drag him out... let the sentinel kidnaps him , then reaper pounce in mid air .( haha just a wombo combo i randomly think of ... but yeah , you can do alot of combo with da mind fking skill :( ) .

And when **** happens in a pub game . Its hard to let people know that your getting controlled , some even busyprotecting themselfs !

Sorrowgate
17th Aug 2014, 18:51
Deceivers promote hyper alert gameplay from Humans. Dominate Mind requires the Deceiver to be in plain sight, if you're not controlled it's a good idea to look around rooftops for a Deceiver standing still holding his arms up in the air with glowing purple hands. The skill breaks when he takes 250 damage or can be cancelled early by the Deceiver who may let go the moment he realises he's being targeted. The skill also breaks when other vampires hit you which is useful in the chaos of a fight.

It's really just about encouraging humans to help each other. Usually humans should try to lock down one or two vampires and focus fire the others (Bola and Hex Shot are especially good for this because they have a very long cc duration if the victim isn't being attacked). In more organised play vampires are less likely to break DM themselves but humans are more likely to free you from it, as with any CC (DM, Pounce, Kidnap) doing 250 damage to the vampire causing it becomes high priority.

The only other thing I can really say is make it difficult for the Deceiver to aim at you, using line of sight and unpredictable movement patterns. DM is pretty tricky to aim especially if you haven't started charging it up against somebody because there's no cursor to aim with (it has the same deal as the Reaver's pounce where the charge up timer doubles as the cursor except DM can only be charged while aiming at a human).

SexualPanther
17th Aug 2014, 19:50
You were in my game today.

Dominate mind is not so great. You can reload, and change the camera angle during the effect and find the Deceiver. If you put him in the middle of your screen, then at the end of the effect you will be aiming at him with a full magazine and probably do a decent chunk of his hp before he realizes what's happening.

Exiled998
18th Aug 2014, 02:20
To break it early you need a teammate's help , press tab to keep track on what class is present for vampires as soon as you see a deceiver be alert to rooftops cuz they need to see you to dominate you so if ur running a class with arrows start putting shots into it when it shows it's ugly mug face, hug behind walls if your an alchemist cuz your a direct counter for deceiver as soon as u see ur teammate going into a direction without firing come out and pop a few rounds at the deceiver's face.

Your last warning cue is the beast growl when a vampire is nearby , thats when u need a full clip ready and blast the deceiver as soon as you saw it so it will be discouraged to do DM because u already signaled ur teammate theres a target asking to get shot in the face , where your teammates will be more than gladly to oblige.

TeeSin
18th Aug 2014, 14:31
haha , thank all for the help :)

Not so many deicever pick that skill but when they do , im always freak out ... especially when it is played by a good player :poke:

Was having nightmares against deceivers , didnt touch deceiver once so imma test it out to get to know about him more then :gamer:

OnlyLogic
18th Aug 2014, 14:37
I had a super smart deceiver use it to pull me away from my team and have an easy solo! It's the BEST mind control I've ever seen. Otherwise, it's quite an average skill that's more supporting rather than anything else (sorta like the healing mist).

Sorrowgate
18th Aug 2014, 17:32
haha , thank all for the help :)

Not so many deicever pick that skill but when they do , im always freak out ... especially when it is played by a good player :poke:

Was having nightmares against deceivers , didnt touch deceiver once so imma test it out to get to know about him more then :gamer:

That's the spirit :) always best to know your enemy. I got dominate mind as a level up reward for the Deceiver and decided to give it a try when our team is ahead, it is really awkward to aim properly o_0 nice that you can walk while aiming though, I like to use it just to do a slow walk to feel cool.