PDA

View Full Version : Game crashing at checking downloadable content

Devuhstator
20th Aug 2015, 06:50
Let me preface this buy saying I was able to play the game perfectly at 1440p. And ever since episode 4 came out i have been not been able to play the game and its killing me on the inside. It frustrating as well since it isn't an error from my end and no fix has been able to fix my issue. Tons of other people are having the same issue, My exact error message is:

Address = 0x62c417fa (filename not found) [in C:\Windows\system32\MSVCR110.dll]

Address = 0x13a4687 (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x13d1a17 (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x136680d (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x13d074b (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x1374786 (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x13747be (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x1c7f7fc (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x13744f1 (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x13ba9de (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x1ba1e1e (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

Address = 0x1c0de35 (filename not found) [in D:\STEAM\steamapps\common\Life Is Strange\Binaries\Win32\LifeIsStrange.exe]

I have tried every solution given, even emailed square support. Took them a week to get back to me and all they said was to delete the game and steam, then re install them. That didnt work either. Im still waiting for a reply now. If it helps im on Win 10 using and FX-8320 CPU with a GTX 970 GPU.

ScottBlows
20th Aug 2015, 11:57
Hello,

Windows 10 is not fully supported by Life is Strange but here are a few things you can try:

- Run the game in compatibility mode http://www.windows10forums.com/articles/compatibility-mode.7/
- Upgrade your Nvidea drivers from Nvidea's website

Let me know if that helps :)

Devuhstator
21st Aug 2015, 03:31
Oh your the one helping me on the steam forums lol but yeah i posted my reply there, compatability doesnt launch the game and my all my drivers are up to date.

ScottBlows
21st Aug 2015, 09:48
Oh your the one helping me on the steam forums lol but yeah i posted my reply there, compatability doesnt launch the game and my all my drivers are up to date.

I'm everywhere ;)

Okay no worries- I think the main issue is Windows 10, as it's fairly new we are still dealing with compatibility issues with drivers etc.

What sound devices are you using?