PDA

View Full Version : Got bored.. Feedback

Manakar84
16th Aug 2014, 22:02
The game was fun at first but got boring fast.. I do not see how this game will be Esports.. Esports games are competitive by nature but that is not all.. Esports games allow there to be stand out players.. Players that get their team the victory.. Even in team games you have this..

With Nosgoth that is not really possible.. Its so teamed focused that you cant be that stand out player that makes the awesome stand out moments.. With Gears, 1 person could out play a whole team after his teammates are dead.. Its awesome moments like that, that makes Esports worth it.. There is no way 1 player can make a comeback for their team in Nosgoth.. If you are 1 vampire or human there is no amount of skill that will carry the day.. The game determines if you live or die for you.. 2 or more vs 1... You die...

I like my competitive games to be about skill and not predetermined outcomes from game design.. If you think of all of the sucessful Esports games you will see this common factor.. Halo, CoD, Counter Strike, Dota, LoL... alll allow you to carry a team to victory and allows for stand out players..

SexualPanther
17th Aug 2014, 03:24
I cannot even comprehend how stupid this is. Ever heard of a team game?

And by the way, a level 40 player could probably solo three or four level 5 players.

Manakar84
17th Aug 2014, 03:50
I cannot even comprehend how stupid this is. Ever heard of a team game?

And by the way, a level 40 player could probably solo three or four level 5 players.

All of those games I bring up in my OP are team games.. Every see a 1 vs 1 esports game of Halo, or CoD, or Dota, or Lol? The only one stupid here is you...

SexualPanther
17th Aug 2014, 06:19
All of those games I bring up in my OP are team games.. Every see a 1 vs 1 esports game of Halo, or CoD, or Dota, or Lol? The only one stupid here is you...

But you say that your main problem with the game is that one really skilled player cannot just dominate the other enemy team on their own.

Look at a game like League of Legends, in the noob pub games you play, yeah smurf and wreck the entire enemy team, but in top level professional play, it takes nothing less than an entire team of skilled players working together to win, and it is the same in Nosgoth. In a game like Call of Duty it only takes a couple bullets to kill someone which means that yes one player can kill a huge amount of enemy players because the game relies less on teamwork and more about aim, reflexes, and flaking. But in Nosgoth it requires teamwork and without that your team will lose. It's just a different style of game, that does not make it inherently worse. Sure, it can be frustrating in pub games to lose because your teammates drag you down, but how is that relevant for eSports?

How is the outcome of Nosgoth any more "predetermined by game design" than anything else exactly?

Pisthetaerus
17th Aug 2014, 06:44
The game was fun at first but got boring fast.. I do not see how this game will be Esports.. Esports games are competitive by nature but that is not all.. Esports games allow there to be stand out players.. Players that get their team the victory.. Even in team games you have this..

With Nosgoth that is not really possible.. Its so teamed focused that you cant be that stand out player that makes the awesome stand out moments.. With Gears, 1 person could out play a whole team after his teammates are dead.. Its awesome moments like that, that makes Esports worth it.. There is no way 1 player can make a comeback for their team in Nosgoth.. If you are 1 vampire or human there is no amount of skill that will carry the day.. The game determines if you live or die for you.. 2 or more vs 1... You die...

I like my competitive games to be about skill and not predetermined outcomes from game design.. If you think of all of the sucessful Esports games you will see this common factor.. Halo, CoD, Counter Strike, Dota, LoL... alll allow you to carry a team to victory and allows for stand out players..

Clutches are amazing in esports because team work is so much more powerful than ramboing in high level play. Do you think that professional teams practice strats for 8+ hours a day just for the heck of it?

Manakar84
17th Aug 2014, 12:31
But you say that your main problem with the game is that one really skilled player cannot just dominate the other enemy team on their own.

Look at a game like League of Legends, in the noob pub games you play, yeah smurf and wreck the entire enemy team, but in top level professional play, it takes nothing less than an entire team of skilled players working together to win, and it is the same in Nosgoth. In a game like Call of Duty it only takes a couple bullets to kill someone which means that yes one player can kill a huge amount of enemy players because the game relies less on teamwork and more about aim, reflexes, and flaking. But in Nosgoth it requires teamwork and without that your team will lose. It's just a different style of game, that does not make it inherently worse. Sure, it can be frustrating in pub games to lose because your teammates drag you down, but how is that relevant for eSports?

How is the outcome of Nosgoth any more "predetermined by game design" than anything else exactly?

I never said dominate the other team.. I said a skilled player can not make amazing clutch moves to bring their team back and win the game.. All my comments have to do with high level of play because I am talking about Esports.. So your comments about a lvl40 taking on a bunch of lvl5s is a stupid moot point.. That goes for Pisthetaerus as well.. Yes they practice but those clutch moments are still possible where someone can carry their team to victory...

SexualPanther
17th Aug 2014, 12:38
I never said dominate the other team.. I said a skilled player can not make amazing clutch moves to bring their team back and win the game.. All my comments have to do with high level of play because I am talking about Esports.. So your comments about a lvl40 taking on a bunch of lvl5s is a stupid moot point.. That goes for Pisthetaerus as well.. Yes they practice but those clutch moments are still possible where someone can carry their team to victory...

There are certainly way more "clutch moves" in this game than there are in Cod or Halo. For example, just recently I was sure I was going to die but right as the Reaver was in the attack animation to kill me a Prophet on my team healed me a little bit but it was just enough time for me to finish him off with a crossbow to the face. Or one of those amazing moments where a Sentinel drops a guy and then a Reaver pounces him out of midair. And your argument is still nothing more than "the flow of the gameplay makes it inherently bad" which is a flawed, biased argument.

Manakar84
17th Aug 2014, 13:08
There are certainly way more "clutch moves" in this game than there are in Cod or Halo. For example, just recently I was sure I was going to die but right as the Reaver was in the attack animation to kill me a Prophet on my team healed me a little bit but it was just enough time for me to finish him off with a crossbow to the face. Or one of those amazing moments where a Sentinel drops a guy and then a Reaver pounces him out of midair. And your argument is still nothing more than "the flow of the gameplay makes it inherently bad" which is a flawed, biased argument.

A reaver pouncing on a dropped human from a sentinel is not the kind of clutch moments I am talking about.. Or your first example either.. Try reading please... You keep making moot points because you sound like a fanboy that is upset with my feedback..

Kainslegacy
17th Aug 2014, 13:17
I don't see how there are no clutch moments. I've literally 3v1'd as hunter quite a few times and pulled out a win by 1 or two because i had good bolas and gernade. You can outplay so hard in this game its not even funny and its made even worse by the fact that you're not supposed to be able to do that cause its a team oriented game. I've seen players do that craziest **** in this game. I've won vampire round by the skin of my teeth by using correct positioning and great sentinel bomb placement and grabbing. So i honestly don't know what you're talking about by no clutch moments.

TeeSin
17th Aug 2014, 18:21
For me ... a game is always controlled by 1-2 good player . Ofc , they cant 1v2 like a boss but atleast they know how to play , they are always the last standing and clean up the mess after combad ends . Same goes for vampires ... there a always a vamp with an outstanding KDA while the others feeding hard .

Exiled998
18th Aug 2014, 02:29
there is so many ways this game can clutch to a victory , prophet shielding a hunter near death after respawning at a 29/29 kill counter and lets the hunter finish the reaver slashing at him. How is that not clutch ?

teamplay in this game is just as enjoyable as any other game with teams where it involves clever team composition , mind games and skirmishes.

OP is clearly a new player that got bored after trying out all the default toys didnt bother to try new ones and got in here just to smite some fanboys and stoking fire in the community.

Anastros
18th Aug 2014, 02:47
This game is all about sticking in teams. Vampires are designed to take on humans 1v1 and win most of the time. This is why humans have to stick together. I have seen plenty of times where humans camp areas and DESTROY enemy vampires and put on a lead of 6 before they have to reposition. Nosgoth is a game about skill in back-to-back teamplay and swarm teamplay. Having a human or vampire be able to take on multiple enemies like it's a cakewalk is NOT what this game is about.

OnlyLogic
18th Aug 2014, 15:11
SexualPanther, your responses aren't helping.

Having said that, I'm going to put this simply. There are players that are just better than others. Maybe you haven't seen them, maybe you're not one of them. I was in a game earlier today where two players were feared and known by other players. They ended up taking top spot.

Like all teams games, it is possible to have a carry player in this one. The only reason you haven't seen this is because there is no set meta. There is no set strategy or rotation that would accompany any other eSport. The reason for this is because the game is changing so quickly on the developer end that it's not possible to stabilise a meta. Not only that, but the lack of custom servers really prevents extensive testing.

This is the most promising game for eSports I have seen in a very long time, the reason being the intense amount of teamwork that is necessary by both factions. I can't wait to be running tournaments and seeing not only which teams will be on top, but which players will.