PDA

View Full Version : Punish constant queue dodgers

Phantomchan
18th Aug 2015, 21:24
I think people who constantly queue-dodge should be punished for their behaviour. They always do this when their team is not to their liking and do it constantly until they are in a good team. I had 2 people popping in and out about like 5-8 times each till they stayed and it's really annoying that people are abusing the system on purpose. Surely leaving a queue 1-2 time(s) should go unpunished, but the people who constantly keep hopping and abuse the system just for getting the best team should clearly face disciplinary actions due to their behaviour.

Endsequenz
18th Aug 2015, 22:07
I think people who constantly queue-dodge should be punished for their behaviour. They always do this when their team is not to their liking and do it constantly until they are in a good team. I had 2 people popping in and out about like 5-8 times each till they stayed and it's really annoying that people are abusing the system on purpose. Surely leaving a queue 1-2 time(s) should go unpunished, but the people who constantly keep hopping and abuse the system just for getting the best team should clearly face disciplinary actions due to their behaviour.

The lobby issue...nothing new tbh.
I will not get into what should have been done until beta league released.
But I wanna say something to this.
If they would check ppl in eternal and say everybody that left lobbies more then 200 times will go down to blood... 1/3 of them at least will not be there anymore....and I mean at least!

Phantomchan
18th Aug 2015, 22:48
The lobby issue...nothing new tbh.
I will not get into what should have been done until beta league released.
But I wanna say something to this.
If they would check ppl in eternal and say everybody that left lobbies more then 200 times will go down to blood... 1/3 of them at least will not be there anymore....and I mean at least!

I agree with this and sadly this is happening to every queue because there is no punishment for it sadly. Now I also understand why so many Nosgoth players have set their profile on 'friends only' or 'private' as well because people use profiles to check whether someone is 'good' or not. It's quite annoying.

Ryugan34
18th Aug 2015, 23:02
They just need to make blind lobbies like they do on others games, you dont know who you are with until you are in the game, and then its too late to quit .

ApollosBow
18th Aug 2015, 23:17
Perfect solution....make the punishment for leaving take effect as soon as when they enter the lobby.

People can also get matched with their friends in solo ranked if they try long enough.

Phantomchan
19th Aug 2015, 00:40
They just need to make blind lobbies like they do on others games, you dont know who you are with until you are in the game, and then its too late to quit .
This is a very good idea and would limit the dodging hopefully.

Perfect solution....make the punishment for leaving take effect as soon as when they enter the lobby.
Considering the fact that rounds can last 10-20 minutes, this is a very good idea indeed. Basically run the 'punishment timer' in the background whilst the person is in the lobby and make it kick in after the person leaves.

Harmaatukka
20th Aug 2015, 00:01
I think blind lobbies would be the easiest solution, make the lobby start timer zero seconds and only put players in the lobby when the "matchmaking" has found 8 suitable players.

TheDreamcrusher
20th Aug 2015, 07:09
Blind lobbies are the best solution, but queue dodging is a symptom of poor match making. I lose most of my matches in ranked leagues now and I can understand why people do it when you start to recognize the names of players.

KaininitePriestess
21st Aug 2015, 03:28
I have to say, I never really had a problem with lobby quitters. It makes me laugh when people hop out and keep trying over and over only to get the same lobby, but I just keep sitting where I am. There are some people who are just absolutely toxic, vile people that I wouldn't want to play with, and I know I'm not the only one who has people I avoid because they're not nice people, so people don't just leave because they want to pad their scores.

Besides, life happens, and sometimes you think you'll have enough time to get into the lobby and play a match, but something comes up. Once the game is fully released and has a much larger pool of players to choose from, this will be even less of an issue then it is, now. The Devs have stayed consistent about not setting a penalty for lobby-quitting ever since I've been playing (closed beta) and I seem to recall them mentioning that they weren't going to add a penalty to the lobby itself. I may be wrong, but there's a distinct sense of "deja vu" about the subject.

Endsequenz
21st Aug 2015, 03:48
I have to say, I never really had a problem with lobby quitters. It makes me laugh when people hop out and keep trying over and over only to get the same lobby, but I just keep sitting where I am. There are some people who are just absolutely toxic, vile people that I wouldn't want to play with, and I know I'm not the only one who has people I avoid because they're not nice people, so people don't just leave because they want to pad their scores.

Besides, life happens, and sometimes you think you'll have enough time to get into the lobby and play a match, but something comes up. Once the game is fully released and has a much larger pool of players to choose from, this will be even less of an issue then it is, now. The Devs have stayed consistent about not setting a penalty for lobby-quitting ever since I've been playing (closed beta) and I seem to recall them mentioning that they weren't going to add a penalty to the lobby itself. I may be wrong, but there's a distinct sense of "deja vu" about the subject.

my dear...ask for an ignore function then...i understand what you are saying....but it is not fitting here.
i am doing it aswell, if I see some ppl or a special person i would say atm....
but the majority of ppl are just doing it to get the right teams...that´s 4 sure.
There is no way that this can stay like it is...it is disgusting.
If you are trying to rank or keep your rank and you are not a person that is doing it...and you keep getting the weaker teams against some top esl players...and you have some kind of feeling of honor and not always dodge...you will get really mad about this over time...cuz a lot of ppl will never take these games.
And it will not get better as more ppl join...cuz the really strong players will stay the same...and they will sit in lobbies for like 5min..even if league just started that day...cuz that´s whats going on.

Many ppl couldn´t even hold their rank if they wouldn´t do it this way all the time...
a league shouldn´t work like this.

KaininitePriestess
22nd Aug 2015, 08:14
I honestly don't care if I get people who don't play that well in the games, or people who play ten times better then me. I figure it'll even out in the end through the average of matches, so I just go into a lobby and sit until it starts.

And ftr, I have been asking for an ignore function. I still don't think that people should be punished for quitting a lobby.

Let's put it this way: There are enough times in the game that you try and match up with a friend, or you have to reload the lobbies because they're not working correctly, or any other myriad of reasons why people would leave the current lobby they're in. That's why the devs don't put a penalty on the lobbies themselves, only on leaving the matches. It's far too harsh to be screaming at people when they leave a lobby. That is the point when you should be allowed to check out if you have something else to do.

Not to mention the fact that you're put back into the lobby immediately following a match. If you put a penalty up for leaving a lobby, you'd then be punishing people for not playing all day, every day, 24/7 without stopping to take care of the basic human necessities.

Basically the lobby isn't the match. The lobby is what you do until you find a group. Just because someone doesn't want to group up with a certain group of people or wait as long as other people do and decide to try another lobby doesn't mean they should be punished. You're not abandoning your teammates and leaving them in an unbalanced 3v4 match because it hasn't even started yet, so it doesn't hurt anyone's score for you to leave a lobby.

Leaving a match that's in progress has an actual reasoning behind it. You give your teammates a serious disadvantage that may not even be fixed by the end of the match and almost guarantee them a loss. In the lobby, it doesn't matter. The game won't start until all of the slots are full, so no one loses any points when another player leaves.

Besides: It's hilarious to watch people hop in and out repeatedly, trying to find a new lobby for whatever reason, only to end up right back in the exact same lobby as before. I point and laugh at them. If you're too dumb to realize after the 10th time that there's not another lobby that you're going to get, then it's your own fault for getting so stressed about it and pawing at your screen trying to reload lobbies like an untrained monkey.

Endsequenz
22nd Aug 2015, 08:37
I honestly don't care if I get people who don't play that well in the games, or people who play ten times better then me. I figure it'll even out in the end through the average of matches, so I just go into a lobby and sit until it starts.

And ftr, I have been asking for an ignore function. I still don't think that people should be punished for quitting a lobby.

Let's put it this way: There are enough times in the game that you try and match up with a friend, or you have to reload the lobbies because they're not working correctly, or any other myriad of reasons why people would leave the current lobby they're in. That's why the devs don't put a penalty on the lobbies themselves, only on leaving the matches. It's far too harsh to be screaming at people when they leave a lobby. That is the point when you should be allowed to check out if you have something else to do.

Not to mention the fact that you're put back into the lobby immediately following a match. If you put a penalty up for leaving a lobby, you'd then be punishing people for not playing all day, every day, 24/7 without stopping to take care of the basic human necessities.

Basically the lobby isn't the match. The lobby is what you do until you find a group. Just because someone doesn't want to group up with a certain group of people or wait as long as other people do and decide to try another lobby doesn't mean they should be punished. You're not abandoning your teammates and leaving them in an unbalanced 3v4 match because it hasn't even started yet, so it doesn't hurt anyone's score for you to leave a lobby.

Leaving a match that's in progress has an actual reasoning behind it. You give your teammates a serious disadvantage that may not even be fixed by the end of the match and almost guarantee them a loss. In the lobby, it doesn't matter. The game won't start until all of the slots are full, so no one loses any points when another player leaves.

Besides: It's hilarious to watch people hop in and out repeatedly, trying to find a new lobby for whatever reason, only to end up right back in the exact same lobby as before. I point and laugh at them. If you're too dumb to realize after the 10th time that there's not another lobby that you're going to get, then it's your own fault for getting so stressed about it and pawing at your screen trying to reload lobbies like an untrained monkey.

Good morning.
Well it speakes for you if you´re not that way.
But you are a single person on that one...against maybe 100 ppl that do it for other reasons.

Besides that, there is a bug, that when you leave the lobby the last second...your team starts the match with 3 ppl.
Idk if they get punished then..I don´t think so.

If someone enters a lobby, he should be aware that he´s now going to play a game for up to 20min...same as if the game already started...
afk things can happen...ofc....
but that can also happen in the game right?

Your are not put back into the same lobby, if you wait 2min...you will either get a new one..or lets say you don´t wait...
you might switch the side...and that is the reason why many do it...to get on the stronger side...and believe me...it works out for them..

I know that you have asked for it...and I asked for it aswell...check the community stream thread...for the last time I asked for it yesterday.

Tbh...I think the devs are not really aware what is going on in lobbies...and that is why I think it is not good to argument this way..
because the league lobbies really need this change...it will never be honest competition if it stays like it is.

I don´t care who I play with too...I don´t consider myself one of the good players...
but it is not fair if you´re the one that ends up in the weaker team the 10th time in a row...just because ppl queue again until they are on the better side.

I see you find that hilarious...and it is great if you can keep smiling....but at the end it is more sad then that.

Da_Wolv
22nd Aug 2015, 09:50
R E M O V E T H E L O B B I E S F R O M R A N K E D

Problem solved!

PencileyePirate
24th Aug 2015, 19:41
IMO half of the problem is actually region dodging, and the rest is broken MM (veterans with 1k+ hours are regularly queued into the same lobby as players w/ less than 30 hours.) I leave EU lobbies every single time because the latency makes them unplayable.

Add a region select and/or a configurable max ping threshold for ranked games plskthx.

KaininitePriestess
25th Aug 2015, 03:21
IMO half of the problem is actually region dodging, and the rest is broken MM (veterans with 1k+ hours are regularly queued into the same lobby as players w/ less than 30 hours.) I leave EU lobbies every single time because the latency makes them unplayable.

Add a region select and/or a configurable max ping threshold for ranked games plskthx.

You know what? I can totally understand that being a reason to nope right the heck out of a lobby. If I had ever gotten an EU server during the Beta, I would have done HORRIBLY that match. Heck, maybe that explained why half the time I did AMAZINGLY, and the other half of the time I did ABYSMALLY.