PDA

View Full Version : How will Max save Arcadia Bay in Episode 5?

RagdollZombie
16th Aug 2015, 02:12
It's not like you can evacuate the entire town, and unlikely that anyone would believe max. How the hell is she going to save Arcadia Bay? I know she can rewind time to where everything started happening, but then what would happen to the choices we've made? Anybody have ideas?

Simulanten
16th Aug 2015, 10:14
It's not like you can evacuate the entire town, and unlikely that anyone would believe max. How the hell is she going to save Arcadia Bay? I know she can rewind time to where everything started happening, but then what would happen to the choices we've made? Anybody have ideas?

I really think the tornado is going to happen in this alternate reality of day 5 - but Max will be able to go back to day 1 and prevent it. The tornado is the vision how things will end if Max doesn't do anything about it from day one. I guess in ep5 we'll be back in class on day one (with all the knowledge of ep1-4) and get more options to save Chloe and bust the evil forces.

I'm definitely into the native american / Tobanga / Stephen King powers theories. I think that's the link between Rachel's death, the Prescott's plans for Arcadia bay and Max's powers. Why?

- Rachel is buried on holy grounds. The junk yard is very close to the Pan Estates (see the coordinates of a "forest location" close to the junk yard - it's presumably the P.E.) and native american groups are protesting against the Prescott's plans. Rachel's spirit isn't resting there - she sends her vision of the tornado to max and gives her the powers of time travel through photography. She guides Max appearing as a doe.

- The Tobanga is watching over Blackwell and Arcadia Bay. It is the symbol for the spirits being alert and upset because of the bad things happening and the Prescott's plans to destroy the environment / holy grounds with their project. Unbalanced nature and homeless spirits are the same here.

- Max is the tool to bust the dark room gang and the Prescott's legacy at once. Rachel's spirit teamed up with the Tobanga, sent the vision of the tornado and there we go exploring a possible future of the week of doom (in a kind of alternate reality or options) just to go back to day one and do what's necessary to let Rachel and the spirits rest in peace: Take care of Chloe, put Jefferson,in jail, have Rachel's body found and buried in a decent place, cancel the Pan Estates project and reduce the Prescott's power and influence.

It's definitely a bit voodoo - (Pet Cemetery comes to mind) - but I feel it makes sense.