PDA

View Full Version : Overlooked foreshadowing?

shoopus
15th Aug 2015, 16:06
As (almost) all of us know, there was a bit of foreshadowing at the beginning of episode one with Jefferson's "I could capture you in your darkest moment." quote. I wont go into all of the details as it can easily be found on YT channels suck as Geek Remix. Once I discovered the quote about Jefferson foreshadowing the events of the game, I was curious about any other such quotes elsewhere. The first thing I found was another of Mark's quotes in the same exact scene. His first, to be exact.

"Alfred Hitchcock's famously called film: "Little pieces of time". But he could've been talking about photography, which he likely was."

Since Mr. Jefferson's way of speaking in-game is fairly cryptic and somewhat foreshadowing and Max can travel through photos, I highly suspect Jefferson knows about Max's ability to some degree.

-Photos being called 'little pieces of time' seems very similar to the way Max travels through photos. She cannot leave the area and can only stay there for a short amount of time. A little piece of time she could visit, if you will.

I don't have much to go off of for this theory, but personally I feel as if that quote is more than an idle comment.

(Please excuse the mediocre-ness or quality of this post since I'm fairly new to creating things like this and usually share theories in person)

ByouRei
16th Aug 2015, 13:25
There is no way to anybody know about Max abilities, she only can transport her mind back in time .. ok she can transport some items too and .. place. But there never be a TWO Max

Sneddonator
17th Aug 2015, 05:42
As (almost) all of us know, there was a bit of foreshadowing at the beginning of episode one with Jefferson's "I could capture you in your darkest moment." quote. I wont go into all of the details as it can easily be found on YT channels suck as Geek Remix. Once I discovered the quote about Jefferson foreshadowing the events of the game, I was curious about any other such quotes elsewhere. The first thing I found was another of Mark's quotes in the same exact scene. His first, to be exact.

"Alfred Hitchcock's famously called film: "Little pieces of time". But he could've been talking about photography, which he likely was."

Since Mr. Jefferson's way of speaking in-game is fairly cryptic and somewhat foreshadowing and Max can travel through photos, I highly suspect Jefferson knows about Max's ability to some degree.

-Photos being called 'little pieces of time' seems very similar to the way Max travels through photos. She cannot leave the area and can only stay there for a short amount of time. A little piece of time she could visit, if you will.

I don't have much to go off of for this theory, but personally I feel as if that quote is more than an idle comment.

(Please excuse the mediocre-ness or quality of this post since I'm fairly new to creating things like this and usually share theories in person)

You are probably on the right track. It was also theorised in another thread that the famous shot of Max standing infront of her wall of photos may be a moment in ep5 where we can choose which little piece of time to travel to and change.