PDA

View Full Version : My theory about it all (includes spoilers of ep 1-4!)

Simulanten
15th Aug 2015, 10:03
I didn't follow all the theories although I like browsing them. Please forgive me.
But here's mine:

- Rachel is dead. It was an accident in the standard dark room procedure - or she "protested too much" and had to disappear. This happened a while ago. (There is grass on her grave!)

- Her spirit (maybe together with the Tobanga) adresses Max through the vision of the tornado. The spirits are alert and upset because of the Prescott's plans for Pan Estates and the burial of Rachel on holy grounds / junk yard that is close to the forest loccation of the Estates.

- Rachel's spirit wants to protect Chloe and uses Max for her stand-in, guiding her as a doe.

- Whatever the Jefferson/Prescott and whoelse conspiracy is about the dark room - in ep 5 we'll see how Max gets away from Jefferson with the help of one of the possible characters and will be able to travel back to day one in the class possibly through a photo.

- All the storylines after the first rewind are somewhere in a possible / alternate reality in the case of Max not solving the issues in the very first moment before going to the bathroom. Therefore we see signs like snow / eclipse / two moons (remember Murakami's IQ84?)

- When back in class (the moment of the selfie) Max has all the knowledge explored in the possible future of ep 1-4. New triggers will be accessible to prevent the shooting of Chloe by Nathan - like meeting her before the encounter in the bathroom.

- Max will hand in her photo for the contest (The one she wouldn't rip apart now). This brings her closer to Jefferson. Then she will be able to bust the dark room circle somehow from within (with the help from David? Chloe? Warren? Whoever?) and maybe even follow Jefferson to Frisco and act from there.

- In the end Max will have saved Chloe, terminate the dark room gang, save Arcadia Bay (The Prescotts will lose their reputation and hence not build the Pan Estates). Only Rachel is lost. But Rachel will be resting in peace now - away from the Indian burial ground at the junk yard in a decent cemetery - and her spirit will be happy that it succeeded to get Max and Chloe together again and the horror came to an end.

- That's why I believe that ep 5 will contain more story about a recap of day one onwards - and only a few moments on friday in the dead end reality of doom and tornados.

Hmm.

OHWceta
15th Aug 2015, 12:30
- Rachel is dead. It was an accident in the standard dark room procedure - or she "protested too much" and had to disappear. This happened a while ago. (There is grass on her grave!)

"accident"? Well, so far they've tried to kill off everyone who was drugged.
Nathan tried to shoot Chloe (and did except for Max)
Kate's Suicide was planned (The doors left unlocked allowing her to get to the roof to jump)

If only Max would have looked at the other files to confirm this.....

Simulanten
15th Aug 2015, 12:46
"accident"? Well, so far they've tried to kill off everyone who was drugged.
Nathan tried to shoot Chloe (and did except for Max)
Kate's Suicide was planned (The doors left unlocked allowing her to get to the roof to jump)

If only Max would have looked at the other files to confirm this.....

I doubt every red binder is a murder case unless they are from a Jefferson past in other parts of the U.S.. Until day one in ep 1 Rachel is the only victim around Arcadia Bay IMHO. I just don't know how accidental her death was during whatever they did to her (apparently something was different in her case compared to the others who got away with trauma and amnesia - the thing in her mouth might be a sign) - maybe she was a danger to their later killers. Nathan shooting Chloe is a different cup of tea methinks.

What I'm saying is that after the butterfly in the bathroom and the first tornado vision things happen in a parallel universe for Max (and us) to explore. Everything happening after the first rewind would only be POTENTIALLY happening. There is a lot of voodoo going on in all of these days that we witnessed.

My speculation about ep 5 is that we'll finally leave that universe of possible occurances and variables - and that Max goes back to day one to prevent any of this from happening.

OHWceta
15th Aug 2015, 19:13
Well, the preview images for episode 5, one shows the selfie of Max in front of her photo wall. This selfie is sitting on Max's desk at the start of episode 1.

I'm still under the impression that Max went back in time and warned Rachel she was in Danger, so Rachel fled. But in the Game Universe Max still has to know that Rachel died so she'll go back and warn her, because it would create a paradox if Max knew Rachel was saved because then she would never go back to save Rachel.

Since Chloe didnt have a folder, I think she was being nosey, so in order to get rid of her Nathan drugged her, but he screwed up and she survived so he had to go back with the gun because she was a threat that could expose him.

We'd have to see the other files to confirm any death theories, as well as where the victims were from. (The Newspaper actually confirms that Rachel is the first disappearance from Arcadia Bay in over a decade)

But judging by the evidence, it was certainly set up to have Kate die.

Simulanten
15th Aug 2015, 20:14

watch this: I fully agree on his theory: www.youtube.com/watch?v=y_6O5u8W1uQ

Tataboj
15th Aug 2015, 20:43
Well, the preview images for episode 5, one shows the selfie of Max in front of her photo wall. This selfie is sitting on Max's desk at the start of episode 1.

I'm still under the impression that Max went back in time and warned Rachel she was in Danger, so Rachel fled. But in the Game Universe Max still has to know that Rachel died so she'll go back and warn her, because it would create a paradox if Max knew Rachel was saved because then she would never go back to save Rachel.

Since Chloe didnt have a folder, I think she was being nosey, so in order to get rid of her Nathan drugged her, but he screwed up and she survived so he had to go back with the gun because she was a threat that could expose him.

We'd have to see the other files to confirm any death theories, as well as where the victims were from. (The Newspaper actually confirms that Rachel is the first disappearance from Arcadia Bay in over a decade)

If Max warns Rachel she will be killed, a new timeline will be established. But Max has no chance to warn her because 1st: she has no idea where Rachel is, she could be even dead. 2nd: Max has NO selfies in Arcadia Bay until Monday. 3rd: She cannot go outside the photo's borders.