PDA

View Full Version : My own thoughts for Life is Strange

Det_Forrester
15th Aug 2015, 07:02
I've recently joined this forum. :wave: And wanted to share my own thoughts and experience, as well as the choices, I've made for each episode of Life is Strange. It's a long post, but please bear with me.

Episode 1: Chrysalis When I first played the demo, it immediately captured my attention. Once I had enough to buy the season pass, I was very excited to see what else I could do with the rewind power. Being at Blackwell, reminds me of being back at high school, even though it's really a private boarding school. When I first saved that blue-haired girl, it felt good to use the power to safe a life. But I was very surprised when the blue-haired girl turned out to be Max's old best friend, Chloe Price. Even though they got off to a rocky start, I'm glad they were able to reconnect during the reunion. When I explored her house and heard those flashbacks, I really did feel Max's guilt. About how she realizes she left during the time when Chloe needed her the most. But, now that she's home, she can make amends to her mistake from 5 years ago, which is why I plan to be a good friend to Chloe, despite the fact she can be tough to like. While the mystery of the missing girl, Rachel Amber, is intriguing, the visions of the giant tornado heading for the town within four days is frightening. And I'm glad that Max tells Chloe about her rewind power by the end of it.

Major Choices

-I reported Nathan. It seemed to be the right thing to do. But the principle turned out to be no help, but it was better than hiding the truth to me.
-I comforted Victoria. Yeah, maybe I shouldn't have, but she was already sad from getting covered in paint, and taking a picture of that would be like kicking someone whose down, and I'm not that type of guy to do that.
-I intervened to help Kate. At first, I took a photo, but Kate got mad at me for standing by, so I rewound time and fixed that by standing up to David for her.
-I intervened to lie for Chloe. Her step-duche, David, was being an ass to her and Max had just reunited with her. I wasn't gonna stand by and let her take the full blunt of his paranoid.

Episode 2: Out of Time I really liked showing off my rewind powers with Chloe. I just wish she would take it more seriously instead of suggesting how to clown around with it. It was really nice to see them bonding in the junkyard. But, that one moment during the shooting test, and one of the choices were to shoot the bumper? Never doing that again. Some of the choices here made me think of how I'm going to have to choose between people more and more. And I do feel really bad for Kate. I keep hoping we get a choice for Max having the courage to punch Victoria, or Nathan, or at least one *******. (Probably wouldn't be a good idea, since she'd get busted for assault, but still.) Even though Nathan Prescott and his family are powerful and trying to take over Arcadia Bay, I'm not afraid of taking any actions against them. No matter how many anonymous threats I get for it. Also, that part where I had to get to Kate and everything was frozen after rewinding, I was thinking, "Uhh, did I just break time?" I really hope I don't keep overdoing it. BTW, I'm pretty sure if I keep warning Alyssa so she wouldn't get head injuries, she's bound to get curious.

Major Choices

- I told Kate to wait for proof. I already told the principle about Nathan, and that didn't go so well. I wasn't sure if letting her go to the cops would be the best course of action just yet. (Maybe I should've taken a picture of David...)
- I didn't answer the call. I was very torn about this. I explored both options and decided not to answer to appease Chloe. She might've been happy about it, but... Sorry Kate.
-I tried to shoot Frank. Probably a stupid thing to do, but it's better than letting him walk away with Chloe's (I mean David's) gun to me. And I'm sorta glad it ran out of bullets.
- I saved Kate's life. I could tell something like this was bound to happen with all the torment she's been getting. I was trying to be very careful what to say since I couldn't rewind at that moment and I finally got to her by guessing her favorite bible quote right. It felt like lady luck was on my side.
-I blamed Nathan. I saw no reason to blame Jefferson. David is just a paranoid jackass with a security-fetish. Nathan is way more dangerous compared to the rest of them.

Episode 3: Chaos Theory Sneaking around the school was cool. Really gave us the opportunity to test out Max's "Blackwell Ninja skills". That moment Max and Chloe had in the pool and the bedroom was cute. In fact, I'm starting to see sparks flying between them :flowers: I was hoping to go pay Kate a visit at the hospital, but sadly, I couldn't. At least she sent a text. Also, I kept finding dead birds on the ground, and now whales are being washed up to shore? Even though I didn't like Chloe taking out her anger on Max, I do understand the abandonment issues she has. And when Max had suddenly appeared in William's last day on Earth, I was like "What in holy hell is going on here?!" And I ended up preventing him from getting into that accident. At first it felt good, But, then...

My God. I was so shocked to see Chloe in that wheelchair. I so regret saving William. I really thought I was going to make Chloe's life better, but it ended up disabling her. That's what the trailer was talking about. "What if a great power would do more harm than good?" Now, all I could think about is Is it really worth it?

Major Choices

- I took the money. Yeah, it was a ****ty thing to do, but I knew it would help with Chloe's situation, so I figured I'd go with the flow.
- I kissed Chloe. This was so sudden, I didn't know what to do. So, I just played out both scenarios, and after some time thinking, I decided that kissing would have Max get the last laugh. She did double dare Max after all. But, I think I may have started a potential relationship with that kiss.
- I sided with Chloe. GOD, that felt good to call David out for being a paranoid bastard. I've been wanting to do that for some time. No way would I take his side.
- I kept Frank's dog from Harm. I'm a dog person who owns 2 of them and I'm too nice to let Pompidou get hurt. I knew what it would mean to throw it at the road.
- Chloe has David's gun. That's no secret, I still had it from when I tried to shoot Frank.

Episode 4: Dark Room Talking with alternate Chloe was nice. She totally is different from the way she usually is. And I liked how she and Max easily bond very well. It all got pretty emotional pretty fast in that alternate reality. I even shed a tear. I read Max's journal there, and there was only, like, one page of what happened there. I also read all the text messages, (and even the ringtone was different there) Nice to know that William helped the two BFFs stay in touch. And when it came to the part where Chloe asked me to kill her because she was slowly dying, the whole thing got very emotional real fast. I even started crying a little.

Upon returning to the original reality, I was expecting Max to wake up from being passed out in her dorm room, like no time passed at all, but it turns out, Max just kept going on with the investigation with Chloe, and she wasn't aware of it, which is weird. When I read all the text messages after talking with Chloe again, I caught how Chloe apologized for her outburst in the truck, which is good. And also how she texted Warren. I honestly thought she was bluffing about texting Warren after I kissed her, but I guess not. Seeing the look on David's face before he walked out, and seeing how hard Joyce was dealing with breaking up with him, I did actually feel remorse for the guy. But, it just didn't feel right for me to side with him in that argument.

I was so glad to talk with Kate again. It felt so refreshing to see her doing better than she was before. And I finally learned that the bunny's name is Alice. I'm glad she was able to help me against Nathan, and how Chloe also apologized for how she acted when Kate called. And I was hoping she could've joined me in the room with Kate.

I liked how we really got to go all out detective with the clues we found. It was cool. But, the one part of it that annoyed me was figuring out the code to Nathan's phone. And then, exploring the old barn and finding the Dark Room really felt intense and the suspense was killing me for what was to be found. A superhero and her sidekick, stepping right into the gates of Hell. But finding Rachel... it was so sad. A small part of me is glad we finally found her, but a huge part of me was very upset for Chloe since she was dead. I was worried she was going to do something crazy at the party, and of course, Alyssa just needed to be saved from her bad luck for the fourth time in a row. And that ending?

Chloe... No... Just, God no... I can't believe it was Jefferson the whole time. I trusted that guy, and now he killed Chloe! :mad: GOD DAMN IT!

This can't be how it ends for Chloe. It just can't. I hope to God that we will bring her back to life with the rewind power somehow. The one thing that I'm hoping we can do to save her is with Max focusing on the selfie Warren made with her before entering the party and warn Chloe about Jefferson and the junkyard. Whatever happens in the final episode, the only thing I care about is keeping Chloe alive. No matter what.

Major Choices

-I accepted Chloe's request. I don't think I could've refused her, even if I wanted to. And choosing "I don't know" did help a bit.
-I let Warren beat up Nathan. It's time that punk got what was coming to him. I hope Warren doesn't get in trouble for it.
-No one got hurt. It took me a while to figure out I had to mention Rachel's photo to get the talk with Frank to end peacefully. I didn't want anyone to die, or to get hurt.
-I warned Victoria, and she believed me. All thanks to me not making fun of her, and actually trying not to be too much of a dick towards her. It felt like the right thing to do.

Episode 5: Polarized Oh, my God... What a journey we have all endured.

The beginning was so dark, and seeing Jefferson's real colors without all that "nice professor" facade made me real pissed at the guy. And I felt bad for Victoria since warning her got her kidnapped along with Max. But that reality where he and Nathan are arrested, Max winning the contest and going to San Francisco was great. I just wish we didn't have to leave it. It sucks that she had to go back into the Dark Room. And I have never been so glad to see David than I've ever been when he managed to track it down and save Max. (Took me a while to figure out how to get him to take down Jefferson, though. He is one tricky and slippery bastard). I was even more glad that I was finally able to go back to the moment we went to that party and told Chloe everything.

I thought that I was tripping balls for a minute there during that whole nightmare scene. You know what really freaked me out the most? the giant squirrels. :o I looked away and blocked out a lot of the ****ed up **** the nightmare was showing me. And even that conversation Max had with herself was weird. And then comes memory lane. All those moments that Max and Chloe have had together up until now. I felt nostalgic, happy and sad at the same time.

And the ending... Holy lord, that ending(s) it was so difficult to choose. I wanted to do both. Throughout this whole journey, I wanted to save Chloe and stop the storm. But, unfortunately, Max could only do one. I spent a lot of time thinking it over. In the end, I chose to save Chloe over Arcadia Bay. After everything that happened, I cared too much for her to let her die. I just couldn't let that happen. Wherever those two end up, I just hope they both live a happy and better life together. All things considered, this game was truly one of the best I've played this year.

Major Choices

- I Told David the truth. I couldn't lie to him after what he did for me. And he gave Jefferson what he deserved.
- I managed to save everyone before getting into the diner. Super Max to the rescue!
- I helped Joyce to believe in David again. He's no William, but they do make each other happy.
- I told Frank the truth about Rachel. I couldn't lie to him either. I figured he deserved to know.
- I hugged Warren. Just to show my gratitude for taking that party photo, and all his help.
- I decided to sacrifice Arcadia Bay. Chloe was my number one priority in the end.

ScottBlows
20th Aug 2015, 13:01
Hi,

Welcome to the forums :D Thanks for sharing your thoughts on each episode

Keep_your_hair_short
24th Aug 2015, 03:06
As for Jefferson being the guy, I pretty much knew before hand. But I can see why people see it as a twist.

Tataboj
24th Aug 2015, 06:58
As for Jefferson being the guy, I pretty much knew before hand. But I can see why people see it as a twist.

Yeah, because there wasn't a single proof of Jefferson. Everybody thinking Jefferson might be like that was just - sorry for that - paranoid.

WazzuMan
24th Aug 2015, 11:57

Yeah, because there wasn't a single proof of Jefferson. Everybody thinking Jefferson might be like that was just - sorry for that - paranoid.

Not paranoia exactly. He was clearly set up to be a major character, seeing as he is the second of the major cast to be introduced. Plus his character bio is right next to Max in her journal. I think given his character's background he could only be one of two things: Max's mentor (but in a more significant capacity than we've seen thus far) or a hidden antagonist.

Honestly, it only took me by surprise because I got caught up in Chloe's manhunt for the Prescott's because there were definitely a few, albeit subtle, warning signs throughout the episode. The fact that Chloe had only just now met Max's idol, in the penultimate episode no less. How Nathan is clearly too unstable to manage a conspiracy on his own but the most likely person to be behind him, his father, has never once shown up in person. That some of the letters and text messages from his coconspirator (which again was assumed to be his father) were never signed.

Tataboj
26th Aug 2015, 20:01
Not paranoia exactly. He was clearly set up to be a major character, seeing as he is the second of the major cast to be introduced. Plus his character bio is right next to Max in her journal. I think given his character's background he could only be one of two things: Max's mentor (but in a more significant capacity than we've seen thus far) or a hidden antagonist.

Honestly, it only took me by surprise because I got caught up in Chloe's manhunt for the Prescott's because there were definitely a few, albeit subtle, warning signs throughout the episode. The fact that Chloe had only just now met Max's idol, in the penultimate episode no less. How Nathan is clearly too unstable to manage a conspiracy on his own but the most likely person to be behind him, his father, has never once shown up in person. That some of the letters and text messages from his coconspirator (which again was assumed to be his father) were never signed.

Makes sense. But for Max there is no reason to suspect him at any time (and she didn't).

Det_Forrester
27th Aug 2015, 05:34
Makes sense. But for Max there is no reason to suspect him at any time (and she didn't).

If there's one thing I've learned from all this, it's that things are not always as they seem. Like this hairball (http://i.imgur.com/Y5IDcPT.gif) for example... :p

Det_Forrester
22nd Oct 2015, 03:53
Updated with my thoughts on the finale. :group_hug:

Dire87
22nd Oct 2015, 09:48
An interesting idea for an ending might have been a confrontation between Max and Chloe in the current time line, whereby depending on choices you made Chloe would either turn on you, since you wanted to sacrifice her family, or take her own life by walking into the tornado...cheesy as hell, but at least without the additional time jump that put so many people (myself somewhat included) off, either "sacrifice" averting the disaster. But I can see how THAT would have made people angry as well. There is no real "best" ending for this game.