PDA

View Full Version : How is the iOS/Android port?

Sora9669
15th Aug 2014, 10:01
How is the Chrono Trigger port for iOS and Android? Does anyone think it'll get an update like the one Secret of Mana just got? Or is it fine as it is?

moooka
16th Aug 2014, 10:21
I played the iOS version from start to end. It's not a bad port. It has all the extras from the DS version but not the anime FMVs (originally from the PS1 ver) and also doesn't have map for every area which was shown in the second screen on DS. No new sprites like SoM iOS. To reduce the pixelation they added a blur filter. The combat battles might be difficult at first but once you get used to them it's fine. No loading times like the PS1 version. It is more or less a port, I wouldn't say the definitive version of CT. But definitely get it if you prefer to play on mobile.

Sora9669
16th Aug 2014, 13:39
I played the iOS version from start to end. It's not a bad port. It has all the extras from the DS version but not the anime FMVs (originally from the PS1 ver) and also doesn't have map for every area which was shown in the second screen on DS. No new sprites like SoM iOS. To reduce the pixelation they added a blur filter. The combat battles might be difficult at first but once you get used to them it's fine. No loading times like the PS1 version. It is more or less a port, I wouldn't say the definitive version of CT. But definitely get it if you prefer to play on mobile.

Do you think they'll update it like they did SoM recently? Or do you think they'll leave it as it is?

Oniros
23rd Sep 2014, 19:54
Do you think they'll update it like they did SoM recently? Or do you think they'll leave it as it is?
I'm not sure whether it will be updated. Nevertheless, it is a very good port.