PDA

View Full Version : Episode 5 teaser. Something is very wrong *spoilers*

Xeva-q
15th Aug 2015, 01:06
Something is very wrong in episode 5 teaser. I am talking about placing of the objects on the desk. We have perfect match here with a placing of the objects in the ending of episode 2. And yet, when we left the dark room, placing of the objects was very different. We even have an open Kate's binder in the teaser of episode 5 at the exact same position.

And that is not all. Jefferson have different clothes from what he wore in the ending of episode 4. He just went home and change his clothes? Why the hell he would do that?

This forces me to rise a question: when this scene took place? Who is begging for mercy?

How something like that is even possible? Maxine have absolutely no means to be there!

And i have absolutely no idea. For this time even i am not able to come up with any crazy theory.

Or... you know... inconsistency...

But this time i am not okay even with that.

Tataboj
15th Aug 2015, 07:09
Something is very wrong in episode 5 teaser. I am talking about placing of the objects on the desk. We have perfect match here with a placing of the objects in the ending of episode 2. And yet, when we left the dark room, placing of the objects was very different. We even have an open Kate's binder in the teaser of episode 5 at the exact same position.

And that is not all. Jefferson have different clothes from what he wore in the ending of episode 4. He just went home and change his clothes? Why the hell he would do that?

This forces me to rise a question: when this scene took place? Who is begging for mercy?

How something like that is even possible? Maxine have absolutely no means to be there!

And i have absolutely no idea. For this time even i am not able to come up with any crazy theory.

Wow. I didn't think of that. Jefferson may have one clothes set for the Dark Room because of the evidence. But yeah, it is entirely possible it's the Kate situation.

But you know, this (and many other things even in lots of your threads) will be unraveled in Ep. 5. Now we can only speculate with no actual proof.

OHWceta
15th Aug 2015, 12:33
They make a few changes in minor details between the trailers and teasers and the final product released. I know I caught a few differences from the episode 4 teaser and when we actually got to play it.

StrangerThanFiction
15th Aug 2015, 23:00

We don't know how long time has passed. But they do tend to change stuff around a bit from teaser to game (as OHWceta has said).

Who is begging for mercy? Sounded like Max. And the reason? Well she's Jefferson's next victim (or gonna be. I'm still on the fence about Victoria's binder.)

RagdollZombie
16th Aug 2015, 01:55
The girl in the teaser is definitely max. The way she talks and her voice doesn't sound like kate's. Jefferson could have just taken off his jacket which is why he looks different in the teaser. About the Kate binder, i dunno.

Jefferson probably wants to get sick photos of max before he kills her cause she knows too much :( But i just know max should be able to get out of it somehow...

Xeva-q
17th Aug 2015, 02:55
But they do tend to change stuff around a bit from teaser to game (as OHWceta has said).
Well, that just lame. And stupid. When their own trailer is impossible.

About the Kate binder, i dunno.
It is not about Kate's blinder. It is about every object on that desk. Their positioning is exact copy of positioning from episode two. It is impossible to anyone to recreate something like that and no one have any reasons to do so.

Sneddonator
17th Aug 2015, 05:50
Showing the layout of the table the same way twice in two trailers could be a hint at things repeating. Who knows.

Xeva-q
17th Aug 2015, 06:02
Showing the layout of the table the same way twice in two trailers could be a hint at things repeating. Who knows.
There is two, and only two ways here:

- This scene makes sense. It is possible only if this scene took place in the past.

- This scene does not make any sense. No questions here.

Xeva-q
18th Aug 2015, 14:32
To make my point little more clear.

Here's a look of the table in episode 2:
http://storage4.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0818/h_1439907319_7433665_36d3d858f0.jpg

Here's a look of the table in episode 4:

http://storage7.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0818/h_1439907985_8089400_cab52cbbfa.jpg

And finally, here's a look of the table in a teaser of episode 5:

http://storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0818/h_1439907514_5553445_2a7a9aefe6.jpg

Look at the peace of paper. It would be impossible to recreate something like that.

StrangerThanFiction
18th Aug 2015, 20:39
To make my point little more clear.

Here's a look of the table in episode 2:
http://storage4.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0818/h_1439907319_7433665_36d3d858f0.jpg

Here's a look of the table in episode 4:

http://storage7.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0818/h_1439907985_8089400_cab52cbbfa.jpg

And finally, here's a look of the table in a teaser of episode 5:

http://storage3.static.itmages.ru/i/15/0818/h_1439907514_5553445_2a7a9aefe6.jpg

Look at the peace of paper. It would be impossible to recreate something like that.

It's not an inconsistency. It's a small continuity error (which will probably be fixed before the episode will be released.) Happens in TV and Movies all the time.

jelicar
19th Aug 2015, 03:44
if you go back to where jefferson shoots chloe and max sees him, he is wearing a blue shirt, thus showing that it can't be max since it seems he changed his shirt when we last saw him. also, all the cut scenes are one big scene if you watch them all at once. the missing binder(kates), the binder of kate on the table, the binder of kate on the table and the showing of mr. jefferson, and the next one should be revealing who it is being held.(presumingly kate)

StrangerThanFiction
19th Aug 2015, 04:51
if you go back to where jefferson shoots chloe and max sees him, he is wearing a blue shirt, thus showing that it can't be max since it seems he changed his shirt when we last saw him. also, all the cut scenes are one big scene if you watch them all at once. the missing binder(kates), the binder of kate on the table, the binder of kate on the table and the showing of mr. jefferson, and the next one should be revealing who it is being held.(presumingly kate)

It's not possible for Max to go back to that moment in time. She seems to be only able to go through photos that she's in and she's confined to parameters of the photo.(We also hear Max's voice begging Jefferson to "don't do this".).

Plus, as I have mentioned before, we do not know exactly how much time has passed. She was sedated by a drug. Probably enough time for Jefferson to transport her to the dark room and put on a change of clothes. (In most cases, games don't follow the constraints of time).

Sneddonator
19th Aug 2015, 08:48
Lets just be honest about this. We dont know what is going to happen but I dont think that the way Chloe and Max left the table has any thing at all to do with the way we see it when Mr Jefferson walks up to it. And to add more support to that. We saw the folders early on in a teaser before we knew where they were or what they were but no one has been scrutinising that.

I believe the simple truth is, the developers are just giving us tasters of whats to come to build the anticipation. Nothing more. Its not an inconsistency and its not a continuity error. It's deliberate teasing and baiting. I bet they are reading these threads right now thinking about how successful the teasing of clues has been and how sucked-in and hooked we are trying to figure out what it all means.

Sneddonator
19th Aug 2015, 08:55

It could be Max. We dont know that what we are seeing in the teaser is even the same day. It probably isnt the night he shoots Chloe.

StrangerThanFiction
19th Aug 2015, 12:34
Lets just be honest about this. We dont know what is going to happen but I dont think that the way Chloe and Max left the table has any thing at all to do with the way we see it when Mr Jefferson walks up to it. And to add more support to that. We saw the folders early on in a teaser before we knew where they were or what they were but no one has been scrutinising that.

I believe the simple truth is, the developers are just giving us tasters of whats to come to build the anticipation. Nothing more. Its not an inconsistency and its not a continuity error. It's deliberate teasing and baiting. I bet they are reading these threads right now thinking about how successful the teasing of clues has been and how sucked-in and hooked we are trying to figure out what it all means.
:lmao: It's like catnip to video gamers.

OHWceta
19th Aug 2015, 15:43
We dont know that what we are seeing in the teaser is even the same day

We do know that the party is Thursday Night and the Tornado is supposed to hit Friday. From the teaser it seems Max might be trapped in the bunker trying to escape as the Tornado hits.

Tataboj
19th Aug 2015, 17:59
We do know that the party is Thursday Night and the Tornado is supposed to hit Friday. From the teaser it seems Max might be trapped in the bunker trying to escape as the Tornado hits.

Wow. What about this: In the beginning of Ep 5, we will see Rachel's binder, then camera shows Kate's opened binder and then...

Sneddonator
23rd Aug 2015, 09:46

I think one of Geek Remix's theories suggests Nathan inadvertently 'saves' Max when he rebels against Jefferson. While she is still in a drugged state, perhaps he puts her in his truck, drives her to the lighthouse parkland and drops her off there before she truly realises he got her out of there.

OHWceta
23rd Aug 2015, 12:33
Yeah, somehow during her escape she'll wind up at the lighthouse as the Tornado is hitting the coast as we see in her "visions"

Only this time it will be in her present instead of as a vision.

lifeishellastrange
24th Aug 2015, 21:12

It's like the episode 4 teaser or the trailer. They don't have the correct character model for some of the parts.

EP 4 TEASER: Max wears her ep 2/3 deer shirt.
EP 4: Warren wearing different shirts in the fight part, Max wearing her ep 2/ep 3 deer shirt and the next scene she's wearing the ep 4 clothing.

jelicar
26th Aug 2015, 19:19
It's not possible for Max to go back to that moment in time. She seems to be only able to go through photos that she's in and she's confined to parameters of the photo.(We also hear Max's voice begging Jefferson to "don't do this".).

Plus, as I have mentioned before, we do not know exactly how much time has passed. She was sedated by a drug. Probably enough time for Jefferson to transport her to the dark room and put on a change of clothes. (In most cases, games don't follow the constraints of time).

So, wouldnt he have a binder of max on the table instead of kate?

Tataboj
26th Aug 2015, 19:56

Perhaps taking Max to the Dark Room wasn't part of the plan. He could add some info to Kate's binder (where Max plays a huge role).

StrangerThanFiction
26th Aug 2015, 23:31

It's all a tease! We have to wait until Episode 5 to see the reason why (or it could be a small error that they will fix in post. They change details from teasers, trailers, and the actual episode as Lifeishellastrange has pointed out.)

Hylianinja
3rd Sep 2015, 21:00
Did any of you ever play the telltale games? The previews for the next episodes of The Wolf Among Us were FULL of stuff that never happened. They just want to build up suspense and add to people's speculation lol

Det_Forrester
3rd Sep 2015, 21:20
Did any of you ever play the telltale games? The previews for the next episodes of The Wolf Among Us were FULL of stuff that never happened. They just want to build up suspense and add to people's speculation lol
Oh, yes. Yes I do. The previews on those games are never 100% accurate. And there's always never a preview to be seen in their penultimates. But, even though the previews on Life is Strange have only been 7 seconds for each episode, (and 35 seconds for episode 5 preview) they have been much more accurate.

Hylianinja
3rd Sep 2015, 21:24
Oh, yes. Yes I do. The previews on those games are never 100% accurate. And there's always never a preview to be seen in their penultimates. But, even though the previews on Life is Strange have only been 7 seconds for each episode, (and 35 seconds for episode 5 preview) they have been much more accurate.

This is very true. And I honestly hate even comparing Telltale to Dontnod because Dontnod have seriously outdone themselves.
I just don't think we'll be getting any answers out of the final teaser/trailer. Nothing is concrete until we play the last episode.