PDA

View Full Version : Crucible music

Vampmaster
14th Aug 2015, 10:30
I remember it being mentioned in the last dev stream that the Crucible might get it's own music. Can anyone confirm that? IIRC the Lighthouse and the Fire Glyph areas in SR1 used music that had been planned for the Turelim territory. It could use similar sounds to those.

Also, the upcoming Zephonim territory needs some appropriately creepy sound effects is it's own music.

Try to be a bit more creative in terms of what instruments are used and pick out ones that can be recognised from Soul Reaver's soundtrack. Try contacting Kurt? Insoc don't do games anymore, but perhaps he'd be willing to talk about suitable types of effects.

CountEyokir
14th Aug 2015, 11:18
Hell yes. The Vampire territories need their own music. The Fane music works fine for the Fane but the crucible needs something unique and the upcoming silenced cathedral area (yeah we all know what it is) needs something ...zephonimiffy too (<--- zephonimiffy, new word, to partake of Clan Zephonim, (C) Count Eyokir 2015)

Gugulug5000
14th Aug 2015, 14:56
I agree fully. I was disappointed when I learned that the Crucible was just going to use the Fane's music, which is awesome, but it was disappointing that they seemed to be double dipping in that awesomeness. The Crucible definitely needs something based off of the lighthouse music in SR1, with possibly a heavier/industrial tone to it.

The Zephonim map for sure needs something just as creepy as the Soul Reaver music for the Cathedral. Nosgoth could always use more references to the main series to appease long time fans, and having music that resembles the music from Soul Reaver is a great way to get some.

Ygdrasel
15th Aug 2015, 07:04
All maps need their own music. As for Zephon's place, definitely needs some eerie twisted effects like Soul Reaver had. The music should bend the mind as much as any of the Deceiver's tricks.

Crucible would probably have some heavy drums. Tribal of a sort, thick noise to drive the slaves onward in their work. Still waiting for something reminiscent of Ozar Midrashim to show up in some capacity too - I find the main music (when the game opens) a tad dull by comparison.

CountEyokir
15th Aug 2015, 11:59
For those not in the know, new to the LoK series or whatever - we're speaking of these OST pieces

k5U3wc9K674

V5bkSvysAx0

39-eZmb7lzs

barthez36663
17th Aug 2015, 16:55
I would kill to get original music to nosgoth. Could you imagine a map with ozar midrashim playing in the background? that would be so cool, i still have chills when i listen to it. It would take this game to next level. SR2 main music was great too

Lomonop
19th Aug 2015, 13:21
I remember it being mentioned in the last dev stream that the Crucible might get it's own music. Can anyone confirm that?
I can only confirm that I remember that this was said as well. However, it was quite some time ago and I'm not sure of the source, but I think it was said by Cat.

Vampmaster
19th Aug 2015, 13:29
I can only confirm that I remember that this was said as well. However, it was quite some time ago and I'm not sure of the source, but I think it was said by Cat.

I don't think Cat was in the video (just the chat), I'm sure it was one of the guys in front of the camera.

Lomonop
22nd Aug 2015, 11:10
The thing I'm referring to was on these forums. Maybe it has been said by different people at different times.