PDA

View Full Version : Enchanted unique items

IKathaarI
14th Aug 2015, 08:22
Any chance there will be an update to the forge to allow us to enchant some of the 'exotic' items we've acquired? (Devil's Night, Molten, Golden Founders weapons, etc)

Vampmaster
14th Aug 2015, 09:30
We should also receive some type of elemental component when scrapping the weapon that can be applied to a different weapon. I already suggested remains (or souls, despite it being a bit cliche) of the elemental demons (from SR2/Defiance) as a way to do that. Or blessing the item at a glyph alter. or something.

Guardian1uk
14th Aug 2015, 16:20
Actually Think better would be being able to swap the FX on a MI to something else, just when you do it's done randomly and you have to "level" it up again to unlock the FX to find out what you've got, and it never gives you the same exact one as you had before hand, so if you had say fire fx and used the forge to change it to another fx then it wont come up as fire again the second time, though if you change it again afterwards it then has the chance of being fire again.

Vampmaster
14th Aug 2015, 16:33
Why would you want it to be always random? As an incentive to play more? If someone's already bored with the game, making stuff more difficult to get won't help very much. They can always have random be the cheap way and specific be more expensive in terms of gold/XP/materials.

IKathaarI
15th Aug 2015, 03:02
I'd rather not be able to change the FX and pray to RNGesus for a molten effect on my weapon, i'd much rather just be able to enchant the unique items I already own, why is this hard to grasp?

Vampmaster
15th Aug 2015, 12:24
I think you missed the point. If I already have a molten bow and I want a molten kidnap instead, I'd much rather scrap the bow and transfer the molten effect to the kidnap than pray to RNGesus for a molten kidnap. Why is that so hard to grasp? And why would that rule out enchanting unique items like you wanted anyway.

Ygdrasel
16th Aug 2015, 20:18
We should also receive some type of elemental component when scrapping the weapon that can be applied to a different weapon. I already suggested remains (or souls, despite it being a bit cliche) of the elemental demons (from SR2/Defiance) as a way to do that. Or blessing the item at a glyph alter. or something.

Could be various substances from Dark Eden. The place was full of lava (for molten stuff) and green-blooded horrors (toxic) and such. Torch the weapon with some high temperature in the Forge, the unnatural material of course survives. Then salvage it and use it to imbue a different weapon.

Any way it's done seems a good idea (I just have a thing for Dark Eden). Definitely no RNG nonsense though, agreed.