PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Introduction Video

RageDizzy
14th Aug 2014, 21:19
I made this video, a guide for new players who wants to get into the game without dying too much.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZZkra1I8eU4

Have I made any factual errors or does it seem about right? Any pointers or thoughts about anything in the video, really?

(also, could anyone explain to me how the YOUTUBE wrapper works in this forum? whenever I try to use it I only get a white box instead of the video :P)

OnlyLogic
15th Aug 2014, 02:16
Gosh... I wish I could play with that low ping :P

I wonder if totalbiscuit will do a WTF is before open beta.

There is a lot of lag in your video in-game. Anyone else getting this?

It's overall very good! But I think an introduction to each class would be better for new players.

RageDizzy
17th Aug 2014, 09:33
There is a lot of lag in your video in-game.
I noticed this after finishing editing. Apperantly something has gone wrong with some setting. I've recorded four games; Prophet/Reaver, Prophet/Tyrant, and two days later, Hunter and Alchemist/Reaver. The two later recordings are incredibly laggy. I'm trying to sort it out but I don't think I'll remake this video anyway.

But I think an introduction to each class would be better for new players.

Do you mean like one video (or one video per class?) detailing each class a bit more in-depth? The idea with this video was for new players to get the general idea of what the game is, so I could still make that.

OnlyLogic
18th Aug 2014, 14:31
Well, when the game is about to go into open beta, I'm going to create one video per class, and discuss all possible tactics and combos with that class.

As to this video being a general introduction, it's not bad. Good, even.