PDA

View Full Version : Only half a beer.

OHWceta
12th Aug 2015, 16:47
Does anyone think Warren was acting a bit oddly for someone who only had half a beer?

Also, where did he get the beer? they mention it was only in the VIP section at the party, and somehow I doubt Warren was in the Vortex Club elite.

Tataboj
12th Aug 2015, 16:57
Does anyone think Warren was acting a bit oddly for someone who only had half a beer?

Also, where did he get the beer? they mention it was only in the VIP section at the party, and somehow I doubt Warren was in the Vortex Club elite.

Drunk people say these things. They don't want people to know they are drunk. Warren could drink for example bucket of vodka. ;) The fact beer is available onlyin the VIP zone only proves that Warren lied.

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 21:48
Anyone (officially over 18 years old here in Brazil) can buy a beer anywhere they want.

Half a beer really can't do what it did to Warren, but yes, probably he lied. Many people lie (kidding) about the amount of beer you just drink, just to say you can drink many more and resist the alcohol effect, when you, actually, can't.

Xeva-q
12th Aug 2015, 22:43
This occasion reminded me about Kate Marsh. She said something like Warren.

What if she also lied to us?

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 22:50

What did she say?

NayaBR
12th Aug 2015, 22:50
Why would they lie? Maybe Warren drank something with drugs inside, maybe it was planned for Victoria but Warren took it without knowing, it could be many things.

Xeva-q
12th Aug 2015, 22:54
What did she say?
One drop of wine or something like that.

Why would they lie? Maybe Warren drank something with drugs inside, maybe it was planned for Victoria but Warren took it without knowing, it could be many things.

It is common for drunk people to lie about how drunk they really are.

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 23:11
One drop of wine or something like that.

Looks like just a sort of narrative vice.

Xeva-q
12th Aug 2015, 23:23
Looks like just a sort of narrative vice.

Maybe. But for some reason Nathan thought that content of viral video could actually work in his favour. It may be more than we think of it. And maybe Jefferson was actually right about her ("she's holding back the truth"). After all, there is a good possibility that he was right about Nathan("it's easy to point fingers").

And so, Warren scene might be a little hint.

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 23:49
Maybe. But for some reason Nathan thought that content of viral video could actually work in his favour. It may be more than we think of it. And maybe Jefferson was actually right about her ("she's holding back the truth"). After all, there is a good possibility that he was right about Nathan("it's easy to point fingers").

And so, Warren scene might be a little hint.

For me, Marsh is a victim. Nathan probably put the video on the web threatening her not to talk about the whole thing, that she obviously knew.

A funny thing is how people actually search for her video even in real life. If you search about "Kate Marsh" on Google, for exemple, the first auto-complete word is "video," as you can see in the image below:

http://i61.tinypic.com/2hn3wgz.jpg

So, the students behavior aren't fictional at all. They're real. That's one more point for this game to talk about that.

Xeva-q
12th Aug 2015, 23:57
For me, Marsh is a victim. Nathan probably put the video on the web threatening her not to talk about the whole thing, that she obviously knew.
But it was not Nathan who put that video online. It was Victoria. He clearly have some reason to think that that video would destroy Maxine's claims.

A funny thing is how people actually search for her video even in real life.
Because that video is critical to the plot. And main characters did not watch it because of their stupidity.

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 00:05
But it was not Nathan who put that video online. It was Victoria. He clearly have some reason to think that that video would destroy Maxine's claims.

Yes, you're right. It was Victoria. But remember that in the ending scenes of episode one or two, Nathan appears (with his indifferent face once again) in Victoria's dormitory while she's crying. I think there's a relationship.

But c'mon, personally I think Jeff is the *******, Nathan the problematic kid, Madsen the paranoic family man and Chase just a victim like Marsh. And Chloe the audacious side of Max :P

Squinn1201
13th Aug 2015, 00:19
I think Warren was either lying about how much he drank. Or he did only have half a beer and acted that way to feel more at ease with Max (he's obviously nervous around her because he has a crush on her), or he was drugged like Kate was. It would be interesting to find out what's up.

Maybe NATHAN is completely innocent and WARREN is the bad guy working with Jefferson!! Maybe it was WARREN who Jefferson was on the phone with outside of his classroom! (we know it wasn't Nathan as he was in the room) Wouldn't that be a shocker to find out that Max boy-toy is the psycho-photographer! (OMG I hope not, I really like Warren but with all Jefferson's talk about pointing fingers and being obvious who knows)

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 00:23
I think Warren was either lying about how much he drank. Or he did only have half a beer and acted that way to feel more at ease with Max (he's obviously nervous around her because he has a crush on her), or he was drugged like Kate was. It would be interesting to find out what's up.

Maybe NATHAN is completely innocent and WARREN is the bad guy working with Jefferson!! Maybe it was WARREN who Jefferson was on the phone with outside of his classroom! (we know it wasn't Nathan as he was in the room) Wouldn't that be a shocker to find out that Max boy-toy is the psycho-photographer! (OMG I hope not, I really like Warren but with all Jefferson's talk about pointing fingers and being obvious who knows)

http://scienceblogs.com/insolence/files/2014/08/conspiracy-theories-everywhere.jpg

You guys love conspiracy theories :P Huahaua. That would be a shock, indeed.

LordBattleBeard
13th Aug 2015, 03:09
I remember thinking while playing oh shi- not another one... but it could really go either way. The dialogue is left open enough for multiple scenarios. In which case it may even take into account the choice you made earlier in choosing to intervene (or not.. as the case may be) in Warren attacking Nathan.

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 09:00

That was obvious Nathan drugged Kate.

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 09:01

Because that video is critical to the plot. And main characters did not watch it because of their stupidity.

Why? There is only Kate in the worst moment of her life.

Sneddonator
13th Aug 2015, 09:20
You dont need to watch a video like that to know its relative content and you especially dont need to watch it when it is a friend, who you care for. You would trust their side of the story and help them any way you can.

Xeva-q
13th Aug 2015, 13:05
That was obvious Nathan drugged Kate.

Didn't you forget his reaction if Maxine accused of drugging Kate? He said this: "Did you even watch the video?"

That means that Nathan thinks that something on that video contradicts Maxine's claims.

You dont need to watch a video like that to know its relative content and you especially dont need to watch it when it is a friend, who you care for. You would trust their side of the story and help them any way you can.
They are trying to investigate a case of Kate's kidnapping. There is a video with victim of kidnapping that was made several moments before an act itself.

How it possibly be NOT important?

It goes like this: either you really want to find the truth no matter what, or you just stupid children who play in detectives.

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 16:03
Didn't you forget his reaction if Maxine accused of drugging Kate? He said this: "Did you even watch the video?"

That means that Nathan thinks that something on that video contradicts Maxine's claims.

They are trying to investigate a case of Kate's kidnapping. There is a video with victim of kidnapping that was made several moments before an act itself.

How it possibly be NOT important?

It goes like this: either you really want to find the truth no matter what, or you just stupid children who play in detectives.

You're catching ať straws.

Wow, Max and Chloe must have done something truly awful to you, I have never hated a person as much as you do.

Xeva-q
13th Aug 2015, 16:13
You're catching ať straws.

No, i do not. One must not ignore an important clue just because it's unpleasant.

Wow, Max and Chloe must have done something truly awful to you

And i just give you a good example of what it is.

I have never hated a person as much as you do.

Of course you do not.

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 16:44
No, i do not. One must not ignore an important clue just because it's unpleasant.

And i just give you a good example of what it is.

Of course you do not.

Have you found every possible clue? No? I hate you so much.

Xeva-q
13th Aug 2015, 16:51
Have you found every possible clue? No? I hate you so much.

It is fine when someone didn't manage to figure something out. But ignoring on purpose a clue that you have in your hands - that is just idiotic, any way you look at it. I actually do not understand why anyone would want to justify something like that.

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 17:01
It is fine when someone didn't manage to figure something out. But ignoring on purpose a clue that you have in your hands - that is just idiotic, any way you look at it. I actually do not understand why anyone would want to justify something like that.

Well, right now you are the only one here who got that idea.

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 17:21
Calm down, folks. This is a game, ok?

Just listen to these guys before posting ;) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVvgFWn14c

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 17:45
Calm down, folks. This is a game, ok?

Just listen to these guys before posting ;) -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dVVvgFWn14c

You should see me when I am really angry. :)

VUylvern
13th Aug 2015, 17:54
Let's be honest here. Xeva-q is right. That video was a very important clue, anyone looking for the truth about that party wouldn't miss anything like that.

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 18:06
Let's be honest here. Xeva-q is right. That video was a very important clue, anyone looking for the truth about that party wouldn't miss anything like that.

But they don't see that to discover clues, right? That's not the intention, we all know.

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 18:08
You should see me when I am really angry. :)

Worse than Nathan? :P

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 18:27
Worse than Nathan? :P

Well, I wasn't trying to kill anyone. Yet.

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 18:33

His room was really creepy. And judging by a Max photo on the wall, I think he loves her.

TheAlpha534
13th Aug 2015, 18:40
His room was really creepy. And judging by a Max photo on the wall, I think he loves her.

HAve you explored the last area in Episode 4? That "room" where Rachel and Chloe used to hang out? Well, when you come back to it, the tags that said "Rachel/Chloe/Max has red paint all over them. Chloe and Max's names are underlined and the middletags says "Rachel IS here". Next to it is this "You're all gonna die b*tches"" sprayed in red. Now I don't see Jeferson doing something like this, so who's the next candidate?

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 18:51
HAve you explored the last area in Episode 4? That "room" where Rachel and Chloe used to hang out? Well, when you come back to it, the tags that said "Rachel/Chloe/Max has red paint all over them. Chloe and Max's names are underlined and the middletags says "Rachel IS here". Next to it is this "You're all gonna die b*tches"" sprayed in red. Now I don't see Jeferson doing something like this, so who's the next candidate?

It's Nathan. That's his language, I almost don't have any doubt about it.

Jeff is a cold guy. Before we discover his involvement, I was sure he were a renowed photographer. Maybe he is. But corrupted.

And Victoria is a good girl too, don't you think? She loves Max too. Well, who don't?

Xeva-q
13th Aug 2015, 19:44

That's because you haven't seen the last of me!:)

Did i missed something? Didn't he write simply "You're all gonna die"? Or is it optional?

But we went little offtopic here, didn't we?

Regarding Warren only three possibilities exist:

- Warren was drugged.
- Warren really get that wasted from a half of beer.
- Warren is lying.

And i think that third option is most possible. Maybe it does not mean anything important. And maybe it some kind of hint for the player.

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 19:47
Did i missed something? Didn't he write simply "You're all gonna die"? Or is it optional?

But we went little offtopic here, didn't we?

Regarding Warren only three possibilities exist:

- Warren was drugged.
- Warren really get that wasted from a half of beer.
- Warren is lying.

And i think that third option is most possible. Maybe it does not mean anything important. And maybe it some kind of hint for the player.

I agree with you.

Sorry for the offtopic trip. I'm always like that.

But one last question: why communism over capitalism? :P

Tataboj
13th Aug 2015, 19:58
I agree with you.

Sorry for the offtopic trip. I'm always like that.

If Xeva-q answers this, I'm afraid I will use a weapon. ;)

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 20:03

No guns, please :)

I actually like Russia history. "My October Symphony" is a beautiful track.

Xeva-q
13th Aug 2015, 20:16
Sorry, but i see no direct connection between communism and drunken Warren.:)

I am always ready for a battle za Rodinu za Stalina, but much better reason for us to fight here would be game in question, don't you agree?:)

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 20:19
Sorry, but i see no direct connection between communism and drunken Warren.:)

Hahahaha. You're funny :)

That's the cruel side of capitalism -> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_rQ6Av0gMY

NayaBR
13th Aug 2015, 20:40

Just imagine how many drugs you can elaborate being a science freak :D

VUylvern
13th Aug 2015, 22:20
For me, Warren is just a teen dealing with new experiences (falling in love, getting drunk, etc.), Nathan (has been and still is) under a lot of pressure during his life thanks to his father ( i bet he hired David to keep him in track. Imagine if your father would hire a veteran to train you, i would freak out too) but wouldn't kill anyone, he's just a kid wanting to be accepted, and victoria is what we see, an insecure girl that needs to be the best at everything she does.

Who really worries me though, is that kid that looks like Jefferson in his early years.

VUylvern
13th Aug 2015, 22:26
And Warren was working on his experiment while Jefferson was on the phone. It has to be someone that wasn't at school at that moment!

OHWceta
13th Aug 2015, 22:48
I thought it was Rachel until episode 3.... but after the big reveal in episode 4 I think it's Sean Prescott or one of the other Prescotts

Anyone (officially over 18 years old here in Brazil) can buy a beer anywhere they want.

But in Oregon (United States) where the story takes place the drinking age is 21. Max even comments on the Vortex Club underage drinking.

I still wonder where Warren got Booze when I'm pretty sure he's not a VIP

Sneddonator
14th Aug 2015, 06:54
But they don't see that to discover clues, right? That's not the intention, we all know.

Exactly. Its amazing how we've been able to progress the story through to the end of episode 4 and not needed to watch the video. There is clearly enough extra information available to avoid it.

Seriously do we need to scrutinise every aspect of the game we personally 'dont understand', 'dont agree with' or 'cant comprehend'.

The character Max in this game is NOT YOU or me. We are playing out her story. If she does things you wouldn't, you just have to accept it and move on or go for a quiet walk - then play another game.

Xeva-q
14th Aug 2015, 08:03
Seriously do we need to scrutinise every aspect of the game we personally 'dont understand', 'dont agree with' or 'cant comprehend'.
Some kind of stupidity it is just to hard to ignore.

The character Max in this game is NOT YOU or me. We are playing out her story. If she does things you wouldn't, you just have to accept it and move on or go for a quiet walk - then play another game.
Clearly, she is not me. And i am thankful for that.

And please, do not tell me what to do, all right?

Sneddonator
14th Aug 2015, 08:14
Some kind of stupidity it is just to hard to ignore.

Clearly, she is not me. And i am thankful for that.

And please, do not tell me what to do, all right?

I wasnt talking to you specifically or I would have quoted you or mentioned your name. It was a general comment directed at the general audience.

And I certainly dont expect anyone to literally follow my direction.

Im just having a rant. Not personally attacking. Sure you Xeva and I have had some pretty heated debating but I dont hold grudges. I move on

You, as much as anyone, should be able to relate.

Xeva-q
14th Aug 2015, 08:24
I wasnt talking to you specifically or I would have quoted you or mentioned your name. It was a general comment directed at the general audience.

And I certainly dont expect anyone to literally follow my direction.

Im just having a rant. Not personally attacking. Sure you Xeva and I have had some pretty heated debating but I dont hold grudges. I move on

You, as much as anyone, should be able to relate.
My apologies then.