PDA

View Full Version : Kain

JackEr4
11th Aug 2015, 03:46
Since people want more lore in the game, maybe you can get Kain's actor to do some voice over, like the description of the classes first time you "read" them.Then you can replay it by clicking on the class icon on top.I think that would be enough "lore" for a "competitive" Legacy of Kain .

GenFeelGood
11th Aug 2015, 05:34
Kain isn't really here in this era, he jumped forward in time to when Raziel returns; but hearing him describe the lieutenants with his views and opinions of them before his departure would be nice, offering such a valued perspective that would certainly expand our understanding of the individual clans.

Bazielim
11th Aug 2015, 13:43
There have been several similar suggestions in the past to involve Simon Templeman in some way. Usually they go for an announcer or something like that, but I think class descriptions might be a little more appropriate.

The obstacle as GenFeelGood mentions is that Kain has abandoned his empire and skipped forward to meet Raziel (and from SR1 materials he's a least a little disinterested in his empire) - nevertheless we do know that he dropped in from time-to-time to check on things, so in that capacity (or before he left) he could be used if necessary.

There is another character that would work for the era as well, one that "remembers what others have forgotten" - Ariel is perhaps the best placed character in the series to observe and relate the war for Nosgoth. The only issue there is that Anna Gunn has been rather successful recently so she might need a larger pay-check.

Vampmaster
11th Aug 2015, 14:16
There have been several similar suggestions in the past to involve Simon Templeman in some way. Usually they go for an announcer or something like that, but I think class descriptions might be a little more appropriate.

The obstacle as GenFeelGood mentions is that Kain has abandoned his empire and skipped forward to meet Raziel (and from SR1 materials he's a least a little disinterested in his empire) - nevertheless we do know that he dropped in from time-to-time to check on things, so in that capacity (or before he left) he could be used if necessary.

There is another character that would work for the era as well, one that "remembers what others have forgotten" - Ariel is perhaps the best placed character in the series to observe and relate the war for Nosgoth. The only issue there is that Anna Gunn has been rather successful recently so she might need a larger pay-check.

What about Gregg Berger? Turel is most definitely around in this era.

Lord_Aevum
11th Aug 2015, 14:36

Or they can simply judge the question of where he is and what he is doing while he narrates to be irrelevant, dodging all of that to just use him as the omniscient announcer from on high without even needing to define any of those particulars.

KaininitePriestess
11th Aug 2015, 15:11
Yeah, I'd love to have him do some sort of narration or voice over work in this game. You don't really even have to take into consideration where Kain is at the time, since it could be considered some "narrating from the future" the way Raziel did throughout the series. Michael Bell would be another fun addition to the voice-over work that I'd love to see, even if Raziel definitely couldn't have added in his own insight. ;P It would just be a bit more meta then simply having the character say "These are Zephon's children. They're horrible little monsters that enjoy vivisection, on themselves."

Ygdrasel
11th Aug 2015, 21:51
On the 'announcer' route, I was thinking about the Elder God doing some commentary. He'd be able to watch it all - what else does he do all day? - and have some stakes in the war. Of course, it couldn't be Tony, they'd need a decent impersonation...Or the EG could commentate for the human players and Kain for the vampires, being that each would presumably root for their respective sides.

As for this particular take, Kain could narrate the class descriptions (snagging a Tony impressionist for the human side remains a possibility for this route too) or talk about the Forge.

If they ever get around to putting the lore and map stuff into the actual game rather than just a blog, he could do for those too.

KaininitePriestess
12th Aug 2015, 19:58
That would be a cool thing to see put into the game. :) Having one would be so much fun, but having two characters represented like this would be perfection!

Raphum
12th Aug 2015, 23:07
That would be a cool thing to see put into the game. :) Having one would be so much fun, but having two characters represented like this would be perfection!

I do aggree totally. Have been a fan of the game series and started it since Blood Omen on playstation :) .

I really think the devs should do something else than just adding the few comments from the characters, and the banners ofc. I was thinking about narration for some classes, also why not adding some skins related directly to their clan leaders. I mean, yes they are related and we can see their influence on it (Zephon and the masks of the deceivers, Melchiah and the summoners who barely do have any "flesh" left on them, etc etc), but I really wish we could see more of Kain or Raziel or (spoiler alert) one of the other seraphims.

So for this, I was eventually thinking of including Kain somewhere on the maps or just on a new map, where we could see him watching the fight happening in the "Arena" and announcing it. Or yeah, why not being an invisible announcer. So basically Nosgoth was said to be happening before "Soul Reaver":

And I quote for this : " Nosgoth is a forthcoming free-to-play cooperative online combat game being developed by Psyonix for Square-Enix. It is set after Raziel is cast into the Lake of the Dead (in the introduction to Soul Reaver), but long before he re-emerges (everything after the introduction to Soul Reaver)." (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Nosgoth/index.html) for its source.

So basically, it wouldn't really make sense if Kain would be already busy dealing with Raziel as Raziel didn't even re-ermege yet. I do understand that Kain got the ability of "time travelling"/"bending" but still.. Would he even be worried about Raziel after he just sent him to the Abbyss?

My point is that Kain didn't really worry at that moment, and he had to deal with the vampire hunters and he didn't even try to "takeover" or annihilate Raziel's clan yet. As we can see the sentinelles being on his side I guess. Or did I miss something? :p

Or the EG could commentate for the human players and Kain for the vampires, being that each would presumably root for their respective sides.

5/5 want this !

Bazielim
12th Aug 2015, 23:40
So for this, I was eventually thinking of including Kain somewhere on the maps or just on a new map, where we could see him watching the fight happening in the "Arena" and announcing it. Or yeah, why not being an invisible announcer. So basically Nosgoth was said to be happening before "Soul Reaver":

And I quote for this : " Nosgoth is a forthcoming free-to-play cooperative online combat game being developed by Psyonix for Square-Enix. It is set after Raziel is cast into the Lake of the Dead (in the introduction to Soul Reaver), but long before he re-emerges (everything after the introduction to Soul Reaver)." (http://www.thelostworlds.net/Nosgoth/index.html) for its source.

So basically, it wouldn't really make sense if Kain would be already busy dealing with Raziel as Raziel didn't even re-ermege yet. I do understand that Kain got the ability of "time travelling"/"bending" but still.. Would he even be worried about Raziel after he just sent him to the Abbyss?

My point is that Kain didn't really worry at that moment, and he had to deal with the vampire hunters and he didn't even try to "takeover" or annihilate Raziel's clan yet. As we can see the sentinelles being on his side I guess. Or did I miss something? :p

Unfortunately I think you might have missed a few of the lore blogs. Here is the list (https://www.nosgoth.com/blog/page/5?tag%5B%5D=story) (goes from back to front) and here's an early Q&A (http://theancientsden.blogspot.sk/p/nosgoth-live-q-transcript_19.html) that explains:

"It takes place after Raziel has been stripped of his wings and thrown into the Abyss. After that happens, various other events take place. Kain vanishes. This leaves his lieutenants to try and rule Nosgoth in his stead. We know what they're like. They're argumentative. They're self-serving. They plot against each other, and it doesn't take long for that to escalate into an all-out civil war. That's the setting for the game. It happens after Raziel is thrown into the Lake, but before he returns at a very far point in the future. There's a big chunk of time there; hundreds of years that haven't been explored "

"as Bill said, Kain disappears... I wasn't necessarily meant to say exactly what happened with Kain, but I got a little bit carried away.

It's always been very strongly implied by the games that Kain skips forward in time in the Chronoplast, and meets Raziel on his return. The pointers to this are; his empire is crumbling; Dumah's been staked. Neither of those things would have been allowed to have happened if Kain had been around. Secondly, just for his own character; this is Kain; the most iron-willed, ruthless individual in the land of Nosgoth. He has two options available to him, plus a time machine. Either he can stick around, and just wait, get older, and possibly suffer the ravages of Nupraptor's curse whilst he's waiting for Raziel to come out, or alternatively he can skip forwards in time, and meet him on the other end. When Raziel comes out of the Abyss, and he goes to Kain for the first time, Kain's first words to him are, "expected to see you sooner," which strongly implies that Kain certainly has a knowledge of future events, and has been waiting for him, so to speak, and not necessarily waiting for him in chronological sequence. Equally Rahab; when Raziel confronts Rahab in the Drowned Abbey, Rahab says, "the master only makes himself known when he sees fit," implying very very strongly that Kain hasn't really been around. He's had a light touch on his empire for however long Raziel's been away.

Equally Kain is deeply disinterested in his own empire at this point. He understands it's a failed project, and he certainly doesn't come to the rescue of any of his lieutenants. In fact the best that he does is he tells Rahab that Raziel's going to kill him. All of these things, and more, which I can't remember off the top of my head, because we've got them written down in a document back at the office, imply very, very strongly that Kain had skipped forward through time in the Chronoplast. "

So basically even in SR1 Kain had grown jaded and disinterested in is empire, and at some point he decided it was more important to try to meet Raziel further in the future and try to save it than it was to rule a slowly crumbling wasteland.

Granted he could be used as an omniscient narrator as required, but as per the background given so far he shouldn't really physically appear.

Raphum
12th Aug 2015, 23:58
Unfortunately I think you might have missed a few of the lore blogs.

So basically even in SR1 Kain had grown jaded and disinterested in is empire, and at some point he decided it was more important to try to meet Raziel further in the future and try to save it than it was to rule a slowly crumbling wasteland.

Granted he could be used as an omniscient narrator as required, but as per the background given so far he shouldn't really physically appear.

Indeed, I didn't check that part out, and yes it's been a really long time I didn't play or replay the old games. But I've bought them back and had a bundle (veteran pack for Nosgoth) and was planning to replay them again. :)

Well yeah, it does make sense now, and yes I hope an appereance (not necessarily physical), of Kain will be included. I mean such as an announcer voice or something. Or maybe try to plan some special events where major characters of the game serie could be included (unique map at "x" time of the year for "y" event).

Ygdrasel
15th Aug 2015, 06:48
I really wish we could see more of Kain or Raziel or (spoiler alert) one of the other seraphims.

Mentioning creatures that aren't even in the series is not a spoiler. :P

And yes, you definitely missed something. Google "the fall of the razielim" for the backstory of that clan and why they're siding against the humans.

JackEr4
21st Aug 2015, 17:59
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dWM_Vqh8qAg
Kain and elder god hell yea that would be perfection that but the announcer should be something really special.
Maybe only announce quad kills or something like that. to not break immersion.
I dont want to hear it every time I or someone else does a double or triple kill or whatever reason there may be to "announce" stuff.

calypso-694
22nd Aug 2015, 01:32
this would be awesome but sadly might not happen...sigh.

Tony has passed
Paul has passed
Simon is doing loads of theatre work and has a new show on the horizon
Anna boomed after LOK ended so...
Rene retired I think but his son Remy could replaee him easily
Michael is doing Transformers
Gregg could seeing as how turel is still in this time and hasn't been kidnapped yet.
Richard is everywhere it seems now

ugh if they do reboot the series if troy baker or nolan or blum is in it im not playing, so tired of troy in everything now. ok rant over.

FearGhoul
22nd Aug 2015, 04:20
Personally, I always took it that Kain jumps forward a few generations at a time maybe. He appears to manipulate things as necessary in preparation for Raziel's return, but is disappointed to see his empire falling into ruin because of the corruption his children inherited from him. I just don't see him skipping ahead to just before Raziel comes out of the Abyss, and like Melchiah says, he makes himself known when he sees fit, so that right there says that he does appear to his children at times.
Personally, I would love it if there was a huge statue of Kain in some area. Our moderator The Hylden even made an awesome HD model of him. Here is his process (http://hylden-dimension.net/revisions/) and you can see a picture of him posed at the bottom here (http://hylden-dimension.net/mr-nice-kain/). Just retexture it in the colors of Raziel's statue in the Fane, and you've got an awesome statue of Kain to put in the game.