PDA

View Full Version : 1 month 29 days

Sneddonator
9th Aug 2015, 04:23
Till episode 5.

Just a guess really. The week before the storm is due to hit Arcadia Bay :).

Tataboj
9th Aug 2015, 06:55
I've just wanted to ask Dontnod for releasing Ep 5 on Friday 11th October. :)

Alvare
9th Aug 2015, 09:21
Oh geez.. please don't count down like you guys did with ep4?
If I were you, I'd let them take their time to create the 3 memorable endings and make them feel complete.
Because we'll not get any more closure after this episode. It'll all be over.

Tataboj
9th Aug 2015, 09:30
If I were you, I'd let them take their time to create the 3 memorable endings and make them feel complete.
Because we'll not get any more closure after this episode. It'll all be over.

What? 2 months and 2 weeks isn't enough?

Alvare
9th Aug 2015, 11:40
What? 2 months and 2 weeks isn't enough?
Time flies by, even if you're working hard on something.
You don't want know how much time is going into making these episodes.
I don't either, but when you're as ambitious as Dontnod, you'll have to make sure the deadline's set far enough.
Which is a great thing. Haven't seen a developer team this enthusiastic and ambitious for a while.

ByouRei
9th Aug 2015, 12:54
I don't like have 3 end . i'm like have one solid Incredible ending. End of this story will be depressed enough.

Tataboj
9th Aug 2015, 15:04
I don't like have 3 end . i'm like have one solid Incredible ending. End of this story will be depressed enough.

So you want our choices to mean nothing?

Tataboj
9th Aug 2015, 15:11
Time flies by, even if you're working hard on something.
You don't want know how much time is going into making these episodes.
I don't either, but when you're as ambitious as Dontnod, you'll have to make sure the deadline's set far enough.
Which is a great thing. Haven't seen a developer team this enthusiastic and ambitious for a while.

I'm not telling them to release it within this time or I will hate this game everywhere. But I've been quite nervous when 8 weeks passed by and Dark Room was nowhere to find :)

ByouRei
9th Aug 2015, 15:41
So you want our choices to mean nothing?

something like different path to same end. im simply dont like bad X good end. you finish game and max die because you kill Lisa. :)

ByouRei
9th Aug 2015, 15:45
I'm not telling them to release it within this time or I will hate this game everywhere. But I've been quite nervous when 8 weeks passed by and Dark Room was nowhere to find :)

you simply do not search enough hard.
We have Dark Roon in work, if you like.... :)

Tataboj
9th Aug 2015, 15:57
something like different path to same end. im simply dont like bad X good end. you finish game and max die because you kill Lisa. :)

Dontnod stated that there will be no such thing as "happily ever after" ending there will always be a silver (or else) lining

I would know that even though I try hard, nothing will change. Different endings were one of the aspects why I bought this game. :) In fact, I thought there will be like 5 endings but who knows.

Tataboj
9th Aug 2015, 15:58
you simply do not search enough hard.
We have Dark Roon in work, if you like.... :)
I've already found it but thanks for your concern. ;)

LordBattleBeard
9th Aug 2015, 18:04
Because we'll not get any more closure after this episode. It'll all be over.Hear, hear. As much as I'm looking forward to and can't wait for Episode 5 to release, I'm as much hoping they take their time with it and make it the best it possibly can be. Because as you say, once its over its over. That's it. Who knows how long it will take for another game of this calibre to come along again. That's when the real wait begins.

Sneddonator
10th Aug 2015, 09:29
Hear, hear. As much as I'm looking forward to and can't wait for Episode 5 to release, I'm as much hoping they take their time with it and make it the best it possibly can be. Because as you say, once its over its over. That's it. Who knows how long it will take for another game of this calibre to come along again. That's when the real wait begins.

I do agree that the wait is certainly part of the fun.

Tataboj
10th Aug 2015, 12:04
I do agree that the wait is certainly part of the fun.

Yeah, fun. But to some degree. ;) I think a month would be enough. From there, if I wouldn't have been so interested, I would start forgetting.

Sneddonator
26th Aug 2015, 05:41
42 days to go ;)

OHWceta
26th Aug 2015, 12:44
I highly suspect the release being when the Tornado is supposed to hit Arcadia Bay.

The original release dates were 2 months apart putting it at late Sept. But the previous episode was later than that. And give or take a few extra days it could easily be set to Oct. 11th.

I'm going to guess there might be as many as 13 different endings. But like 3 main ones, depending on certain choices little details will change (such as Max hanging out with Kate and Alyssa in a small scene during the closing Vs. Hanging with the Vortex Club, or we'll see Lisa in the cutscene or absent (not really a 'different' ending but small things will be there or absent)

Ravenda
30th Aug 2015, 23:22
I hate to be pedantic but that would be way out of their eight week time frame. It could make more sense for them to release it around Max's birthday, besides I doubt anyone's gonna complain if they decide to release it a little early :3

WazzuMan
31st Aug 2015, 01:14
First off, I just want to point out something that may have escaped some people's notice, the game is set in 2013. Check the dates in the game and your calendar apps. This year, Oct 11 is a Sunday so the episode is highly unlikely to release then.

I have my own guesstimated release date, purely based on the fact that previous episodes were two months apart. I went with Sept 22 (8 weeks since Ep. 4) but like I said just a guess. I know the episode will be released when it is ready and Dontnod clearly know what they are doing, but having a rough date to look forward helps give me a sense of how much time I have left to wait.

Tataboj
31st Aug 2015, 07:13
Oh. I knew that but somehow forgot about calendar and changes of dates. :)

Sneddonator
31st Aug 2015, 08:57
Im going with Tuesday October 6th. The week before the storm