PDA

View Full Version : Not able to download Final Fantasy VII

Tholmir
8th Aug 2015, 12:53
Hi

I bought Final Fantasy VII to play with my wife while she was pregnant in 2013.
My laptop has been stolen, and I lost my game.

It looks like I'm unable to re-download the game.
DigitalRiver.com tells me that it has been too long since I bought the game. It looks like there was an option to pay an additional fee for being able to download it for the next 5 years, but I don't remember seing that.

So, what do you suggest?
Is there any other way to download the game, since I already have a Serial Number and Unlock Code?

I cannot see how to contact Square-Enix about my problem.

Thanks

serpint
9th Aug 2015, 16:37
I'm in a similar boat. Hard drive crashed some months ago and I finally went to reinstall FF7 and no dice from digitalriver.

Tholmir
11th Aug 2015, 11:03
I contacted the Square Enix Online Store Support.

This is their answer:

Dear Tholmir,

Thank you for contacting the Square Enix Online Store Support.

I apologize for the inconvenience, but we unfortunately cannot help you with this issue. My best recommendation would be to contact DigitalRiver again, but if you like further assistance on this regard please contact our Central Customer Support Team, through the support portal: http://support.na.square-enix.com/

They will be better qualified to help you with your request.

Best,
Henry

The Square Enix Online Store Team

So, I'm trying this form:
https://support.na.square-enix.com/contact.php?id=489&la=1

Tholmir
19th Aug 2015, 11:35
I got this answer from Support:

Thank you for contacting SQUARE ENIX support,

We apologize for the trouble and inconvenience but unfortunately we are unable to help with the download of Final Fantasy VII. We are only able to help within 60 days of the original purchase as listed under the warranty, but anytime after that we can no longer assist. While we cannot help with the download now, we will be forwarding the feedback to the appropriate department.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

My answer:

What? Every other platforms (Steam, Good Old Games, Origin,etc) allow their clients to download their games as many times as they want. Any game!
Square-Enix, the big and respectable company, doesn't even let me re-download a 15+ years game??

I'm so desappointed.

You are losing me as a fan...

Their answer:

Dear Customer,

Regarding your request for support. Please find your answer below.

Unfortunately that service is not available. Suggestions from our customers are always valued. While we cannot guarantee implementation we will surely pass this on to the developers.

Thank you for contacting the SQUARE ENIX Support Center.

So, I'm not buying Square-Enix games ever again.