PDA

View Full Version : Some issues with Episode 4

lancelot2
8th Aug 2015, 12:18
Don't get me wrong, I love this game. But in Ep 4 I encountered so many little annoyances that I decided to try to list them. Posting it in this subforum because they seem to be somewhere in between gameplay issues and technical issues. Spoilers follow. In the scene with David:

I get the same 'Thank you for standing up for me' line over and over, every few seconds, or maybe when I come closer to him;

then there is a dialog line about Pan Estates, which I know nothing about. After the dialog I look at a blueprint and Max says, 'Oh, he has been working on the Pan Estates security';

*I think* taking the keys is supposed to be a puzzle where I need to use the rewind. But if I'm quick enough I can do it without rewind;

after getting the keys if I move from the locker towards David Max says 'I need to create a distraction', even though it's already been done.

The mouse Y axis is not inverted for the investigation board puzzle.

In the bunker when going back up the stairs Max gets stuck on every step.

With the PIN code after three attempts the game went out of the close-up so I have no idea if I solved the puzzle or the game skipped it for me (the latter, I think).

If we're shown a close-up of a smartphone's touch screen, it seems kinda strange having to use the game's interface to click the buttons.

Something seems to be wrong with the shadows. Mostly they look just fine, and once in a while there is a shadow with ugly jagged edges that looks very low-resolution.

It's annoying that when getting a close-up of some text, Max comments on it right away before I even start reading it. I think it would be much better to give the comment when going back from the close-up.

Sometimes the selected object is given a white outline, which I think is perfect. Bigger object get cross-hatching all over them, I'm not sure why it was done that way since it just obscures the object.

I only just now realized that in Choices the left/right and the Previous/Next buttons are two different things, so there are two pages of choices for each episode. Groan. And why are the left/right buttons labelled LB/RB? I'm not playing with a gamepad, my first guess would be left/right mouse button, and that's not it.

Alvare
8th Aug 2015, 14:16
Post these in the general discussion feedback and suggestions topic:
http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=151744

Something seems to be wrong with the shadows. Mostly they look just fine, and once in a while there is a shadow with ugly jagged edges that looks very low-resolution.
Hm.. this seems to be an issue not really related to the episode. Dunno what shadow technique Life Is Strange uses.

lifeishellastrange
24th Aug 2015, 21:50
After you've tried the pin three times, it locks you out and you have to rewind and do it again. That's why it goes out of the close up.

lancelot2
21st Dec 2015, 17:54

It's as if shadow maps have wildly different resolutions. Ditto for mirror reflections. In Ep 5 in the bathroom with the codes, Max's reflection in the mirror looks as if I were playing in 320x200 resolution.

Sometimes the selected object is given a white outline, which I think is perfect. Bigger object get cross-hatching all over them, I'm not sure why it was done that way since it just obscures the object.

One other thing is that the object name is not shown when looking at the object directly. So if Max cannot approach the object (say, she's tied to a chair), I have to move the mouse away from the object to figure out what it is.