PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Update - August 13th

Psyonix_Ryan
8th Aug 2015, 05:29
As you may be aware, following a recent patch there have been numerous bug reports regarding stability. These bugs have made it difficult, and in some cases impossible, for people to play Nosgoth. It can be incredibly frustrating for a game not to work as intended, crashing and even punishing you for reasons outside of your control. While we had intended to release a hotfix to resolve the freezing and crashing issues, we identified another bug that has ultimately delayed that update. Psyonix and Square Enix are working toward rectifying Nosgoth's performance problems and are prepping to release an additional update in the coming days. We appreciate your help in reporting these problems as well as your patience.

Currently we have a patch planned for Tuesday, August 11th that will address some of the most recent reports. The following fixes will be applied in this next patch:

The Daily Rewards wheel will no longer award false or non-items to players. The correct item names and images will be provided.
Movement exploit that allowed players to move further and faster than normally allowed has been corrected. Movement is now dictated by both the client and the server.
Countdown timer will begin after load out armory has completed downloading to game client. All players will be able to choose their load out prior to the match beginning.
Mouse smoothing can now be turned on and off in the Options menu.

In addition to the fixes in this patch, we will be adding the following to the game:

Update - The Forge
As we alluded to in the previous State of Play (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=159668) update, Blood Vials can now be acquired by salvaging items, base-level items can be repurchased, Arcane items can be upgraded to Mysterious-level items, and Runestones can be used in Enchanting (bypassing the need for specific materials). In addition, duplicate skins can be used in the Forge and broken down. This applies to all Marked, Exalted, and Daily Reward skins.

Update - Adept skins
A new set of skins will be made available in the in-game store that will be purchasable with gold, and gold alone. Runestones need not apply! The Deceiver, Summoner, Prophet, and Vanguard will all have a new skin for sale. You can find more information (and pictures) here (http://www.nosgoth.com/blog/upcoming-gold-skins).

Finally, to coincide with this upcoming patch, we will be temporarily adjusting the leaver penalty during League games. Previously, players that did not rejoin a game that they unintentionally disconnected from or left prematurely were penalized with a 10 minute match making ban and docked 14 League Points. This leaver penalty will be altered to a 3 minute ban and a loss of only 4 League Points. The amended punishment will remain in effect until we are able to provide additional game stability.

We understand how frustrating it has been to wait on these critical updates. We will continue to work toward stomping out as many bugs as we can in order to provide the best gaming experience possible. Thank you for your support and understanding during this critical juncture.

KaininitePriestess
8th Aug 2015, 22:41
Had the crash again today and realized that the penalty had been changed, so I was pretty happy about that. :) Glad to hear you guys have figured out what it is, now the hard work of figuring out why and how to stop it begins, I suppose. I'll be eagerly and patiently awaiting!

Louves
8th Aug 2015, 23:47
Good to hear you are working on fixes :thumb:

Zarxiel93
9th Aug 2015, 03:26
The achievment of the Get Over Here! will be fixed with this patch? (for now is impossible take it)

Da_Wolv
9th Aug 2015, 10:48
Any comment on the prospects of a Vote to Surrender?
This obviously should be a total vote of all players connected, but I have had instances, on both sides of the fence, where the game ended up as a 1v4 or even 0v4.
In general, I would propose to just have a game automaticall end as a Win if the entire enemy team leaves. I even had an instance where I got a DRAW from a 0v4, because Round 1 started out as 1:1 when 2 crashed and the two remaining vampires, after sitting on a roof for 2 minutes also left.

Gilgamesz1
9th Aug 2015, 11:14
Its nice that you are working on fixes to make game better (maybe someday beta will evolve to full official game! ), but i don't know why on every patch you putting skins skins and everywhere skins to buy, when prophet and vanguard still have no their Elite skins u can get on 25 lvl...

Truckposeidon
9th Aug 2015, 17:26
Please tell me this will fix the micro freezes, crashes, lag spikes that occur every match. I also get this weird mouse lag now where it's like my mouse aiming is being snapped to a grid.

Also alot of abilities and shots are going through people with no damage or effect. This is almost game breaking for me because I just built a nice new computer and im still crashing every match.

Shikei001
9th Aug 2015, 20:55
Nothing new on the default skills ?
Explosive shot, Firewall, etc.

I rly rly need to buys them :'(

Vampmaster
9th Aug 2015, 21:01

I think that's what Ryan meant by "base-level items can be repurchased".

Shikei001
9th Aug 2015, 23:32
**** sry... I'm stupid... should not post in the forum when I'm tired..
I apologize, and look forward to the patch :D

Thx, Vampmaster

fedor_dolohov
10th Aug 2015, 08:50
Previously, players that did not rejoin a game that they unintentionally disconnected from or left prematurely were penalized with a 10 minute match making ban and docked 14 League Points.

players that did not rejoin a game
Don't developers know that some players still get league points penalty even if they managed to rejoin a game?

Saikocat
10th Aug 2015, 09:39
Hey everyone,

Unfortunately we had a little hiccup on adjusting the leaver penalty regarding the points. Adjusting the timer could be done outside of a patch, but the leaver penalty points unfortunately could not, so that change hasn't gone in yet.

Any comment on the prospects of a Vote to Surrender?

We have talked here about a Voting option in general and is something we'd like to implement, though it's not a quick change unfortunately. Once I have any more news on this from the team I'll let you guys know, I'll check in with them to see what the latest on that is.

Its nice that you are working on fixes to make game better (maybe someday beta will evolve to full official game! ), but i don't know why on every patch you putting skins skins and everywhere skins to buy, when prophet and vanguard still have no their Elite skins u can get on 25 lvl...

Those skins are on the way and are being designed, so we should hopefully be able to share some concept art soon to let you all know what they'll look like.

Please tell me this will fix the micro freezes, crashes, lag spikes that occur every match. I also get this weird mouse lag now where it's like my mouse aiming is being snapped to a grid.

Also alot of abilities and shots are going through people with no damage or effect. This is almost game breaking for me because I just built a nice new computer and im still crashing every match.

Are you getting a bad ping in-game as well? What you describe with shots/abilities going through players sounds odd but could be lag-related. The patch will fix certain lag/freeze issues but potentially not all, as I know the team are investigating some further still.

Yep, as Vampmaster mentioned that's included in this update, so you'll be able to get the base weapons and abilities from the store as well :)

Vampmaster
10th Aug 2015, 11:39
Are any further forge features planned? Someone steam was asking about removing stat modifiers from items. That sounds like a good idea, especially if the elemental effect can remain. I think MIs should rename themselves as Fire, Ice, Lightning, Shadow, Poison weapon when the element unlocks too. Also, it would be good to have ways to influence what element you get, either by introducing special materials, allowing effects to be transferred from one weapon to another or boosters that control the odds of getting certain elements. A few players wanted to switch off the special effects for tactical advantage or spoiling the atmosphere. I like the effects, but don't see any reason not to give the option.

GenocidePete
10th Aug 2015, 11:54
Seems good, but I didn't see any mention of enemy teams seeing each others' class picks at the start of the second round. Will this be getting fixed?

Wolf_the_Legend
10th Aug 2015, 13:15
Seems good, but I didn't see any mention of enemy teams seeing each others' class picks at the start of the second round. Will this be getting fixed?

yeah, this would be good ... I liked that change, but if only one of the enemy team can see the picks its kinda useless.

and yeah, fix the freezes that you forced on us last patch ... every ESL match we wait like 3 min in the first round so everyone got there lag spike already. for some ppl its like 2 seconds for some others 8 seconds ....

also the fact that you bump into the environment so often is really annoying, may use some lube on the player models so they dont get stuck on every corner. (even more annoyng >>> in Valeholm is a invisible wall at "burning" AND if you jump(skill) behind "the wall" from the right sight you going to knock ur head on a invisible wall as well WTF <<< touse bugges are soooo old)

BZiGER
10th Aug 2015, 13:51
May the Force be with you with this new Update :wave:

Saikocat
11th Aug 2015, 09:32
Hi everyone,

We identified a bug with the update we were prepping so unfortunately as a result, the patch has been delayed.

I'll keep you updated as soon as I have more news about when we can expect to release the update.

Please bear with us, we understand this delay isn't something you'll be pleased to hear about, but we need to ensure the bug we found is resolved before the update can release, as I'm sure you can appreciate we don't want to introduce a new issue to the mix.

kLauE187
11th Aug 2015, 11:02
There's also minor lag few times a minute which i heard from other people too. It started to happen with the current patch, but i have no clue what causes this. Maybe it's gone after the new patch goes live. I will look into it later.

BlackMetalLover
11th Aug 2015, 12:14
I don't understand why the previous patches aren't tested this extensively to identify the problems then. Updates and patches should be extensively tested before bothering to release. Every patch comes with some issue that many players experience. Do you devs just release and use the playerbase as an "experiment" to test it? Certainly feels that way . . .

Virtue9202
11th Aug 2015, 12:23
hi there Ryan,

First of all let me say that I really respect the work Psyonix does - for a small dev studio, you guys certainly are giving it your all with regards to having a fresh approach to in-game economy and not to mention the fact that you've made a MOBA (My favourite genre) out of LoK (my favourite series of games) but enough fanboying for the moment.

I'm just curious as to why the stability patches are being pushed back? The fixes you detailed in your post are (admittedly) very delicious quality of life perks - yet those seem irrelevant; why put so much into improving an experience that people aren't participating in? The stability issues are literally driving people off of the game. If LoK wasn't my favourite series, and I didn't respect Psyonix as much as I do, I wouldn't even make this post. Even now as it stands, I have been awarded 6 losses in ranked for circumstances beyond my control - sometimes receiving multiple losses from individual games due to crash-reconnect-crash-reconnect-crash patterns.

What I'm trying to get at is this: The stability issues, AFAIK, are having the most direct negative impact on your player base. Full stop. These issues have been around for almost a month, and the fix is STILL GETTING PUSHED BACK. I'm pulling my hair out here man, doesn't matter how smooth my mouse is or how flexible forge materials are if players are fundamentally unable to enjoy the game itself.

Just some thoughts from a gamer who loves Nosgoth but finds it almost unplayable at present.

Saikocat
11th Aug 2015, 12:54
I'm just curious as to why the stability patches are being pushed back?

The update today is delayed due to a bug we found with it, but overall, the stability patches or improvements aren't being pushed back. It's something the team are working on and is ongoing. Improvements to that and work to that certainly isn't being pushed back to prioritise these other features we listed out. The skins, for instance, were already done, and aren't part of programming updates but one from the art team.

Resolving the stability issues and other bugs is top priority for the team right now. The patch we're prepping has some fixes and improvements in it and the team are working on more. We'll keep this thread updated with news as soon we get it.

I don't understand why the previous patches aren't tested this extensively to identify the problems then. Updates and patches should be extensively tested before bothering to release. Every patch comes with some issue that many players experience. Do you devs just release and use the playerbase as an "experiment" to test it? Certainly feels that way . . .

Updates are certainly extensively tested before release, but unfortunately not all issues can be identified, particularly if they don't affect all players, which is the case with some of the current issues.

Vampmaster
11th Aug 2015, 12:56
hi there Ryan,

First of all let me say that I really respect the work Psyonix does - for a small dev studio, you guys certainly are giving it your all with regards to having a fresh approach to in-game economy and not to mention the fact that you've made a MOBA (My favourite genre) out of LoK (my favourite series of games) but enough fanboying for the moment.

I'm just curious as to why the stability patches are being pushed back? The fixes you detailed in your post are (admittedly) very delicious quality of life perks - yet those seem irrelevant; why put so much into improving an experience that people aren't participating in? The stability issues are literally driving people off of the game. If LoK wasn't my favourite series, and I didn't respect Psyonix as much as I do, I wouldn't even make this post. Even now as it stands, I have been awarded 6 losses in ranked for circumstances beyond my control - sometimes receiving multiple losses from individual games due to crash-reconnect-crash-reconnect-crash patterns.

What I'm trying to get at is this: The stability issues, AFAIK, are having the most direct negative impact on your player base. Full stop. These issues have been around for almost a month, and the fix is STILL GETTING PUSHED BACK. I'm pulling my hair out here man, doesn't matter how smooth my mouse is or how flexible forge materials are if players are fundamentally unable to enjoy the game itself.

Just some thoughts from a gamer who loves Nosgoth but finds it almost unplayable at present.

Like Cat said, in the process of fixing the current bugs, they caused another that was equally bad. If they released the patch like that, people would be just as angry as they already are or more, because they'd need to download two patches instead of one. It was releasing too soon that lead to the bugs not being spotted in the first place.

BZiGER
11th Aug 2015, 14:09
''The update today is delayed'' for today later or when?

Da_Wolv
11th Aug 2015, 14:56
"Unable to connect to online suite. If this problem persists, please try disabling any firewall software you might have installed"

Is that the issue you were talking about? Coz its out regardless of patch!

Endsequenz
11th Aug 2015, 14:58
Hi everyone,

We identified a bug with the update we were prepping so unfortunately as a result, the patch has been delayed.

I'll keep you updated as soon as I have more news about when we can expect to release the update.

Please bear with us, we understand this delay isn't something you'll be pleased to hear about, but we need to ensure the bug we found is resolved before the update can release, as I'm sure you can appreciate we don't want to introduce a new issue to the mix.

thx for the update.

Saikocat
11th Aug 2015, 15:14
''The update today is delayed'' for today later or when?

It won't be today, I'm afraid. We'll let you all know as soon as we can confirm the new day.

"Unable to connect to online suite. If this problem persists, please try disabling any firewall software you might have installed"

Is that the issue you were talking about? Coz its out regardless of patch!

Are you still getting this? We were seeing some errors connecting to our service, the guys are investigating further but I believe it should be okay again now, but let me know!

BZiGER
11th Aug 2015, 15:16
Me too just quit the game i can't play Nosgoth its buged out, i was hoping like update is coming :rolleyes:

Saikocat
11th Aug 2015, 15:27
Me too just quit the game i can't play Nosgoth its buged out, i was hoping like update is coming :rolleyes:

What's happening for you right now, specifically?

BZiGER
11th Aug 2015, 15:57
Same as above
Unable to connect to online suite. If this problem persists, please try disabling any firewall software you might have installed
and then in home where you talk about your update its blank.
After that i can't authentication 3 times in a row. And then i quit for 3 time game and made it to found working live match.

And i then i get bunch a Noobs in a team but thats a diffrent story...

Psyonix_Ryan
11th Aug 2015, 20:48
We'll look into the online suite issues persistence. Keep us posted if anything changes dramatically and/or feel free to submit a bug report (http://www.nosgoth.com/bug_report) if you haven't yet.

BurningWings
11th Aug 2015, 21:19
How about removing the update which caused problems going back to a stable version until you can figure it out what´s wrong?

BlackMetalLover
12th Aug 2015, 05:34
How about removing the update which caused problems going back to a stable version until you can figure it out what´s wrong?

I agree. Why not just roll back before the update? I DC 5 times every game or so. I haven't played in 3 days since ESL and that's really bad because my team needs me for scrims since I'm team leader of Evil. . . It's ridiculous honestly. Why keep the game up if more than half the playerbase can't even play it?! Meanwhile, other players who somehow CAN play the game get high ranks and all the great prizes? People who can't play in ranked, we just get lower and lower in ranked. So unfair. Do something about it already even if it means just rolling back the game to a more stable version!!!! You think the player-base will tolerate this unfairness?!

Zarxiel93
12th Aug 2015, 10:06
But this patch will fix the bug of the Get Over Here! achievment? (For now is impossible take it, I kill a lot of vampire with Whip when they climb the wall, but NOTHING, only left that achiev for me :S )

Guardian1uk
12th Aug 2015, 10:20
Seems somethings different, today have not seen a single micro freeze near the start of the match nor have I had any crashes to desktop kind of makes me wonder whats been done server side as the client patch got delayed and I've definately not had any driver updates etc..
Not that I'm complaining mind you, just curious as to whats been changed :)

BZiGER
12th Aug 2015, 11:51
Don't know what have you tinker on you servers but from last night their is no more LAG or game Freezing.

Saikocat
12th Aug 2015, 13:53
The team have been working on one fix that could be pushed through on our side (without a game update) that should help with some of the hitching/freezing issues some of you were having. If you ran into those issues before, and are playing again today, please let us know how you get on! :)

Saikocat
12th Aug 2015, 16:20
Just a quick update regarding the patch.

We're making sure everything is okay before confirming when the update will proceed, but we hope to push this update out tomorrow. More news as we have it!

Sannyinaboxx
12th Aug 2015, 16:40
Don't know what have you tinker on you servers but from last night their is no more LAG or game Freezing.

Totally agree! No freeze, no lags, no crashes, everything worked just fine!

Louves
12th Aug 2015, 21:32
The team have been working on one fix that could be pushed through on our side (without a game update) that should help with some of the hitching/freezing issues some of you were having. If you ran into those issues before, and are playing again today, please let us know how you get on! :)

Well no more freezes, but holy macaroni what happend to the servers? Even with 30-40 ping I still teleport around, my abilities disappear, same with like 50% of my arrows and every 2nd melee hit does no damage.

Edit: Also some of the players in my matches moved really strange. I had a Sentinel in a match that was jittering like he had a seizure. Our pings were both fine though.

kLauE187
12th Aug 2015, 22:19
Well no more freezes, but holy macaroni what happend to the servers? Even with 30-40 ping I still teleport around, my abilities disappear, same with like 50% of my arrows and every 2nd melee hit does no damage.
i still get microlags. I had hitreg problems too, everything was kinda fine before this fix...

GenocidePete
13th Aug 2015, 02:43
I didn't mind playing 2v4 until the other team decided to be XXXXX and went triple sentinel as if they needed to do that. So boring that I left. If you want to play unbalanced teams fine but at least be creative about your stomping jeeesh. I can maybe fight off reavers and tyrants but bola/hex 1 senti and thers still another 2, thats just boring.

Please introduce a class limit of 2 per team, its just boring when a team stacks 3-4 of a class.

...You expect classes to be limited to two per team because of your perception that certain classes are overpowered in a 2v4 situation? lol. God, I love the Internet.

Psyonix_Ryan
13th Aug 2015, 03:05
Additional update:

Our next patch will disable duo queues. Please note that this is a temporary change that will be reinstated once we've completed our investigation. We believe that some of the crashing problems stem from that feature in particular. Temporary removal of this feature should alleviate some of the issues users are experiencing.

Additionally, we have recently performed work on our servers and have gotten reports of increased stability from various players. We will continue to look into this angle as well as any client-side bugs that exist.

Thank you for your patience.

BlitzingLlama
13th Aug 2015, 03:13
Can confirm no freezes today...played 4 or 5 matches with no problems.

Da_Wolv
13th Aug 2015, 07:34
Our next patch will disable duo queues. Please note that this is a temporary change that will be reinstated once we've completed our investigation. We believe that some of the crashing problems stem from that feature in particular. Temporary removal of this feature should alleviate some of the issues users are experiencing.
Well thats fine - I'm Blood I anyway, no need to play any more. If it fixes the bugs and gives you some time to figure it out, fine.

Thank you for your patience.
Not like we have a chance, but you're welcome.

Saikocat
13th Aug 2015, 09:22
Hi everyone!

I have news!

We'll be patching later today. We should go into maintenance during the afternoon (UK), I'll do the usual thread to keep everyone up to date and will be posting patch notes once maintenance starts.

snapperhead_au
13th Aug 2015, 10:39
Do have an idea on how long the downtime will be?

Saikocat
13th Aug 2015, 13:26
Do have an idea on how long the downtime will be?

Hopefully only around an hour long :)

Psyonix_Ryan
13th Aug 2015, 15:22
Can confirm no freezes today...played 4 or 5 matches with no problems.
Great to hear!

Not like we have a chance, but you're welcome.

Well you do have a choice in how you behave, but you all have been very calm given the circumstances. So, again, thank you :)

Psyonix_Ryan
13th Aug 2015, 15:25
Hey folks,

Just a reminder that you can check the server status without logging into the game. You can find a link here (http://www.nosgoth.com/servers) or on our website (http://www.nosgoth.com).

Guardian1uk
14th Aug 2015, 16:14
...You expect classes to be limited to two per team because of your perception that certain classes are overpowered in a 2v4 situation? lol. God, I love the Internet.

Nope even in 4v4 more than 2 of one pertic class can be VERY overpowered, examples being 4x alchs in a confined space where you can not flush them out with multiple choking haze bombs and the moment you poke even the tip of your head through a door you get it removed from being hit by lots of explosives, Hell I've seen 2 tyrants go charging into a room like that with 4 alchs and seen the tyrants just get curb stomped before they can do anything.
Then you have the all tyrant teams which just plough through just about any combo of human teams going....
On some classes yes there reallly does need to be a limit.

Great to hear!
Well you do have a choice in how you behave, but you all have been very calm given the circumstances. So, again, thank you :)

Comes down to that old thing called communication :P we're hearing it so know whats going on which is helping to kill off frustration somewhat :) cause not hearing is like being stuck in hospital for several days, being told you'll be able to go later on that day after they just run some more tests then they tell you that you wont actually be getting out that day and don't tell you whats up :) (I had that exact circumstance over my 24th birthday a while back) lol

SonixSquad
14th Aug 2015, 17:54

Nope even in 4v4 more than 2 of one pertic class can be VERY overpowered...

EDIT: With the right tools and classes, everything can be countered.. I hve no issues with stacking personally.
My beef is when its done versus complete beginners with no abilities or classes required to effectively counter.
That just makes for boring gameplay.

I think stacking should be available to more pro play level, perhaps Ranked only. Limit it in unranked only.

Guardian1uk
14th Aug 2015, 18:55
for example 4 reavers on a team is beatable by a combo team, where as 4 tyrants well....
Same goes for 4 hunters on a team as opposed to 4 alchs....

Leviathan80
14th Aug 2015, 22:58
Hi everyone,

I wanted to ask just how can we change our Arcane items to Mysterious items ? I just tried few times but just can enchant those arcane items (I tried with Weapons, Special abilities but nothing)

Thank you for your answers and see you on the game \o/

AntiqueGod
14th Aug 2015, 23:13
Wheare is trading and steam market? :(

Kootkha
15th Aug 2015, 01:53
On some classes yes there reallly does need to be a limit.

I think, not just one , but every. Set the limit to all classes to max stack 3 - sounds pretty nice to me.

KaininitePriestess
15th Aug 2015, 03:39
I for one am completely opposed to a class stack limit. Every class can be countered if you're strategic about it. It's not fair to limit people to only a certain number of each class per team, especially since some people may not have every class unlocked.

SonixSquad
15th Aug 2015, 14:58
I think, not just one , but every. Set the limit to all classes to max stack 3 - sounds pretty nice to me.

for example 4 reavers on a team is beatable by a combo team, where as 4 tyrants well....
Same goes for 4 hunters on a team as opposed to 4 alchs....

I for one am completely opposed to a class stack limit. Every class can be countered if you're strategic about it. It's not fair to limit people to only a certain number of each class per team, especially since some people may not have every class unlocked.

Well, theres a poll on it now to gauge opinion, please vote and add your reasons for and against in that thread (http://forums.na.square-enix.com/sho...d.php?t=161446). Thanks.

http://forums.na.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=161446

cmstache
15th Aug 2015, 17:02
There have been numerous threads and polls about this since Alpha. Every time not limiting it wins. The devs also agree. Any time you limit what a player can do, it just reduces the total fun they have.

SonixSquad
15th Aug 2015, 22:25
There have been numerous threads and polls about this since Alpha. Every time not limiting it wins.
Sorry. Not been here during Alpha. Poll looks pretty even right now.

cmstache
16th Aug 2015, 02:18
Wasn't criticizing the thread, just informing of the past. :)

ApollosBow
16th Aug 2015, 03:57
Wasn't criticizing the thread, just informing of the past. :)

Don't believe his lies.....BURN HIM!!

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcT707-GaNaoVMAMXeAp3PzAGXz8kdW-W2R8Dz-4bOKDDqGwq8qW

Da_Wolv
16th Aug 2015, 09:15
Sorry. Not been here during Alpha. Poll looks pretty even right now.

Well, I doubt they'll do anything about it though :)
I personally dont really see the problem with stacking. Now for ESL, thats a whole different question (not necessarily because of "unfairness" but for other reasons - more interesting to watch, f.i.). In pubs though, you will always have these moments where you cant do anything. You sometimes get wrecked by complete random teams, its just that THEN you recognize the enemy team being better than you. When they all use the same class (maybe precisely BECAUSE they are all good with the same class) then it looks like "class x is OP", or "class stacking is OP".

SonixSquad
16th Aug 2015, 12:29
Well, I doubt they'll do anything about it though :)
I personally dont really see the problem with stacking. Now for ESL, thats a whole different question (not necessarily because of "unfairness" but for other reasons - more interesting to watch, f.i.). In pubs though, you will always have these moments where you cant do anything. You sometimes get wrecked by complete random teams, its just that THEN you recognize the enemy team being better than you. When they all use the same class (maybe precisely BECAUSE they are all good with the same class) then it looks like "class x is OP", or "class stacking is OP".

You didn't read the thread I made did you. :)
I actually have done a 180 and now think limiting stacking in Unranked only is the way to go. Its why we have forums, so we can discuss stuff, reach conclusions and work stuff out.

I know you previously raised the topic regarding ESL gameplay and I agree with you for some of the reasons you mentioned. I think when/if we get more abilities, there will be more diversity in builds despite having the same classes, but we're not there yet. I am also aware of the discussion/poll on ESL site itself (http://forum.eslgaming.com/discussion/6056/class-stacking-poll).

Yes this is not about ESL, its about PUB play but you know the direction the devs want to take this game is obviously competitive (although they have some ways to go yet like a decent report system and anticheat measures) but you will have a much easier time getting ideas implemented as part of the existing system and not an 'add on' rule for ESL only (like roof camping). Why not have an inherent 'anti roof camp rule' in place in PUB ranked too? Just asking. I doubt you are you one of those elitists who only cares about ESL not realising the game would not exist without pub play.

I think there are valid reasons why stacking should be limited in Unranked only apart from the zzz factor when done versus complete beginners with no coordination and insufficient classes/skills unlocked.

For the record once more, personally I have zero difficulty playing versus stacked teams as long as the rest of my team can deal too. Not good enough to carry 3 players. ;)

Dawolv, please read that thread, then respond there.

riccetto80
17th Aug 2015, 17:53
today my first game after the patch WTF????

i see accelerated like the mad max movie, specially as human vs vampires, the vampire move very strangely and fast, warping...

the graphics changes, in bad, now i feel pain in my eyes even after a round and i was unable to finish second round.

for me is unplayable.

GenFeelGood
17th Aug 2015, 22:48
I just noticed a recolored version of the Vanguard's Drowning Shield on the promotion for the adept skins that currently comes up during a server search, will this incredible shield be available for purchase soon?

Saikocat
18th Aug 2015, 14:06
We don't have any recoloured Vanguard shields at this time. Was this (http://i.imgur.com/iovLGxA.jpg) the banner you saw?

GenFeelGood
18th Aug 2015, 14:21
We don't have any recoloured Vanguard shields at this time. Was this (http://i.imgur.com/iovLGxA.jpg) the banner you saw?

That's the one

Saikocat
18th Aug 2015, 15:06
It's the Drowning Shield one in that screenshot, but it's the same one that's in the store (not a recoloured one). I think the colour of the banner and the lighting end up making the shield look a little different though. It's definitely not a recoloured shield in that shot (I should know, I was that Vanguard ;) ).

GenFeelGood
18th Aug 2015, 15:21
It's the Drowning Shield one in that screenshot, but it's the same one that's in the store (not a recoloured one). I think the colour of the banner and the lighting end up making the shield look a little different though. It's definitely not a recoloured shield in that shot (I should know, I was that Vanguard ;) ).

That's a pity :( it looks fantastic.

Vampmaster
18th Aug 2015, 15:32
That's a pity :( it looks fantastic.

I'd definitely like to some more shields, but also customisable options for all the classes. I understand that the skins aren't designed break down into separate parts, but perhaps certain attachments can be swapped like the shields can. It could be a different object per class such as masks for some vampire classes and tattoos for others, swap out those sun crests the humans have for various symbols. I wouldn't mind if certain skins had to be exempt due to incompatibilities. I expect the evolved skins would have that requirement.

KaininitePriestess
19th Aug 2015, 02:52
I'm totally all for the customizability of the classes and would love to see the helmets and things have differences! The only thing I'd have to disagree on, though, is the sun crest, though that's only because I long-ago noticed that some of the "sunrays" look like tentacles that are curving in an angular fashion, which adds one of the greatest kinds of hidden-lore that I've seen in this game. ;D But then that may just be my personal preference. ELDER GOD SUNS FOREVER!

GenFeelGood
19th Aug 2015, 02:54
I have come to see some serious potential for customization in recoloring the skins with the release of the Adepts. An array of color schemes that could be applied to any skin would be fantastic; and we could get them through the forge, reforging to get the color scheme we desire for the default skins and the skins we have purchased.