PDA

View Full Version : Play with Friends ?!

Trekian
13th Aug 2014, 22:17
Hey Guys
Today i picked up 4 Beta-Keys for Nosgoth @Gamescom , which is realy great. I already played Nosgoth and my level is 16+, so i thought i can give the keys to my friends. Did it then.
SO here the problem:
I want wo play WITH my friend, but his level is too low.
WTF?!?!
Dont make such a HUGE mistake for this game. Nobody want to play alone until level 10, so they dont want to play it anymore and HERE is the problem for the developer. No player - no money.

PLEASE remove this level-****-barrier to play WITH friends.
I want to see the game successfully!

(sorry for this bad english, but you should understand this with regards to content :D )
greetings Trekian

Hazmire
13th Aug 2014, 23:34
This system isnt meant to harm you or your friend. It is simply there because it will minimise other players having to play with low lvl players or high lvl players. I know it's annoying, but if you look at the bigger picture it is saving a lot of people from rage quitting, being abusive to other players etc

Psyonix_Corey
14th Aug 2014, 00:20
This is an oversight, we will likely change it so you can go UP but never DOWN. E.g. you can drag your lowbie friend into TDM, but he can't let you slum it in New Recruit.

I know people don't want newbies in the main TDM playlist, but we don't want to prevent you outright from being able to play w/ friends.

Hazmire
14th Aug 2014, 00:25
With the option of a server browser could there be unranked lobbies or community lobbies where these options can be disabled/tweaked?

Sorry for any typos. I'm on my mobile.

FireWorks_
14th Aug 2014, 10:49
Hey Guys
Today i picked up 4 Beta-Keys for Nosgoth @Gamescom , which is realy great. I already played Nosgoth and my level is 16+, so i thought i can give the keys to my friends. Did it then.
SO here the problem:
I want wo play WITH my friend, but his level is too low.
WTF?!?!
Dont make such a HUGE mistake for this game. Nobody want to play alone until level 10, so they dont want to play it anymore and HERE is the problem for the developer. No player - no money.

PLEASE remove this level-****-barrier to play WITH friends.
I want to see the game successfully!

(sorry for this bad english, but you should understand this with regards to content :D )
greetings Trekian

Experience shows that new players guided by more experienced players still get roflstomped leading to a bad experience for all 8 players involved. I got a couple of screenshots with "ok this wasnt a good idea"...

The current limit is level 3 which is reached in 2 matches if you dont completely suck. That is very reasonable to avoid people new to a game and "looking at texture" while actually meant to compete in a 4v4 environment.

Trekian
14th Aug 2014, 15:22
Experience shows that new players guided by more experienced players still get roflstomped leading to a bad experience for all 8 players involved.

The matchmaking should search a game lobby with the average of our level.

@Psyonix_Corey
The answer you can give me is to wait untiul you fix it?
What would be great if it doesnt take too much time.

By the way: Great work so far :)

OnlyLogic
14th Aug 2014, 15:46
A quick question, Corey: How will you code the matchmaking for the new player who's being dragged UP? Will you lower the skill search so that he's paired with newer people (which will make it easier for the experienced player), or will you match him with higher skill which may reduce his first impression of the game?

henrychenn
14th Aug 2014, 16:43
The matchmaking should search a game lobby with the average of our level.

@Psyonix_Corey
The answer you can give me is to wait untiul you fix it?
What would be great if it doesnt take too much time.

By the way: Great work so far :)

Everything takes time but you can tell your friend to play by himself for a few games, all he needs to be is level 3 which doesn't take that long to get at all, at least then he's playing with new people and can get a hang of the game before he meets people that are usually level 20+

Trekian
14th Aug 2014, 23:42
A quick question, Corey: How will you code the matchmaking for the new player who's being dragged UP? Will you lower the skill search so that he's paired with newer people (which will make it easier for the experienced player), or will you match him with higher skill which may reduce his first impression of the game?

The low level one will play with the high level players, but it if he can play with friends, his first impression will be better.

All in all level 3 is an acceptable range, but a little infomation box (in game) would be great. (or i am stupid and blind)