PDA

View Full Version : There need to be a minimum level to play ranked

Bragii
5th Aug 2015, 22:14
The matchmaking in ranked right now is a joke. Top ESL players get teamed up with people who have barely opened the game. You can play like a god but if you don't win the teammate lottery you will still lose the game, no matter how dominant you are. This picture kinda explains the whole situation in ranked right now:

http://s7.postimg.org/6uuwsmmff/2015_08_05_00001.jpg

Suggestion: You have to be at least level 40 or higher in order to play in the leagues.

Thoughts?

Arydious
5th Aug 2015, 22:31
Let's be honest here, A top level ESL player doesn't need anything they are the team no one can beat them they are basically the boss.

Okay now the serious part.
Even a minimum level cap of 50 would put you in this team lottery. There are a ton of people that just don't understand the basics of the game. They think it's TF2 or CoD and that hold them back a lot in Nosgoth.
Right now ranked is more about the lottery you speak of. Load in to Lobby and quickly look over your team, then decide if it's worth your time or now lol.

I REALLY hate to say it, I love playing with everyone, and I want the community to grow in the game but when it comes to ranked I don't want to play with a ton of people I know will just wander off to the sharks. If I know there is 2 people on my side that are poor players and the other side seems stacked, I bounce. I hate doing that but sadly the appeal of a higher rank get to me and I push to keep Eternal.

That also being said, I just don't have enough hours in the day to keep Eternal as the ranked mode is just a grind and not about some sort of skill. If you lost equally as much points as you would win then we wouldn't have this inflated score. As it stand now anyone can end in Blood as long as the put the time in. Only the ones with more time will really hold eternal after a month worth of play.

This kind of turned into a rant, I apologize for that.

FearGhoul
5th Aug 2015, 23:57
Minimum level of 50? Are you serious? I like to think of myself as a pretty decent player at this, but I don't have the free time or really the interest to play this so much that I get to level 50 before I can do this mode. I'll get to that level eventually if I keep playing, but acting as if everyone who is below that sucks is totally unfair. Yes, sometimes we get grouped with people who don't know anything about teamwork, act like morons, or maybe just aren't all that good, but so what? It's just a game, and I don't see why we should have some super high level requirement like that just to play in that mode.
Just so you know, I'm at level 32 and have been playing this game on and off since November.

SonixSquad
6th Aug 2015, 10:52
I agree with the sentiment of some sort of filter to block less experienced players from higher skilled matches but Rank is not the way to go about this.

Rank is only an indicator of progression and should not be used as an indicator of skill or experience. In fact a lot of players (with too much time on their hands) will just power through the ranks in an attempt to unlock everything. This does not necessarily grant them the skill or experience required to be a good team player.

The reverse is also true in some cases where a player may not have played enough to hit a certain rank but is a good team player.

Endsequenz
6th Aug 2015, 11:28
The matchmaking in ranked right now is a joke. Top ESL players get teamed up with people who have barely opened the game. You can play like a god but if you don't win the teammate lottery you will still lose the game, no matter how dominant you are. This picture kinda explains the whole situation in ranked right now:

http://s7.postimg.org/6uuwsmmff/2015_08_05_00001.jpg

Suggestion: You have to be at least level 40 or higher in order to play in the leagues.

Thoughts?

My thoughts about this, is that it is totally uncool to link a screenshot of a player having a bad game and showing how good you are, without taking out the names.