PDA

View Full Version : What do you think about SAMUEL?

NayaBR
5th Aug 2015, 20:52
(First: excuse my poor english)

Hi everyone,
I'm replaying the game, by now I'm in the third episode and I'm thinking about Samuel's role in this game... He's very wise, he knows a lot about Blackwell, he cares about the students and stuff that happens... Do you think he knows about Max's power? In the 4th episode he talks about a lot of things, like the animals problem, about the students, about weather, Tobanga.. Somehow I think he knows so many things about Max.

Also, in the third episode we can see this in his "sorta-room":
http://i57.tinypic.com/8wbfd2.jpg
(I know Samuel doesn't wear silk scarfs... So, who wears them?)

What do you think about this? Do you think somebody left it there or Samuel has something to do with it?

Tell me your impressions about him :) Let's talk about this strange character :D

Bossinator
5th Aug 2015, 21:04
there is a very good theory i saw from Geek Remix about this character that says that samuel said he hears from the squirrels in the morning as we can see them like everywhere maybe thats why he knows everything. Also in episode 1 he said "After i sweep, i paint" when max wanted to get victoria out of her way... can he see the future ?! BTW the way he talks makes me relaxed for some reason lol

NayaBR
5th Aug 2015, 21:10
there is a very good theory i saw from Geek Remix about this character that says that samuel said he hears from the squirrels in the morning as we can see them like everywhere maybe thats why he knows everything. Also in episode 1 he said "After i sweep, i paint" when max wanted to get victoria out of her way... can he see the future ?! BTW the way he talks makes me relaxed for some reason lol

He relaxes me too, even if he talks a bit creepy I like him, he's not bad, I would put my hand in the fire for that.
He has a very very strong connection to animals, he even talks about "soul animals", we can relate this to the doe (Rachel, surely).
Maybe he'll very important in the next episode.

Xeva-q
5th Aug 2015, 21:16
He is so optional, so i really do not think that there is anything significant about him. You can beat the whole game without single conversation with him.

Onmens
5th Aug 2015, 21:26
Ms. Grant probably forgot that scarf after a night of mad passionate lovemaking with Samuel. :P

Explains why she's so dead set against cameras anyway.

Sneddonator
5th Aug 2015, 22:20
I think he knows more than he lets on. He know Max is significant and may have special abilities.

LordBattleBeard
6th Aug 2015, 01:52
If you check his shed and inspect some of rachels photos in one of the episodes it opens up additional dialogue with him to question him on. His reasoning for having the photos was she gave them out to everybody. He's an odd individual but I trust him. I don't consider him the least bit suspicious. Just odd.

NayaBR
6th Aug 2015, 21:16
Ms. Grant probably forgot that scarf after a night of mad passionate lovemaking with Samuel. :P

Ok that can be posible... Wow I didn't expect that when I created the thread hahah

StrangerThanFiction
6th Aug 2015, 22:11

You know what this calls for.

SHIPPING!
Ship name suggestions:

Sarant.
Gram(uel).

And fan art depicting the new ship couple.

Onmens
6th Aug 2015, 22:50
You know what this calls for.

SHIPPING!
Ship name suggestions:

Sarant.
Gram(uel).

And fan art depicting the new ship couple.

Hehe.

Although I'm much more interestred in theorizing which one of the Blackwell students is Gramuel's secret love child.

TheAlpha534
7th Aug 2015, 07:18
After seeing the theory Geek Remix has on Samuel, all I could think about is this:
Karl Rasch: And you are?
Samuel: They call me...Prophet.

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 21:56
Are you playing in spanish? :P Não existe em português, existe?

Anyway, good catch. That room of himself looked really strange.

NayaBR
12th Aug 2015, 22:39
Are you playing in spanish? :P Não existe em português, existe?

Anyway, good catch. That room of himself looked really strange.

Yes, it is spanish, I don't know if any fan did subtitled it in portugês, you should take a look at the guides section of Steam :)

OHWceta
15th Aug 2015, 12:20
I think Samuel is the Anti-Jefferson.

NayaBR
31st Aug 2015, 18:15
I've been playing again and WOW. When we can talk with him in the 4th chapter he mentions A LOT the word "time". It can't be a coincidence, he has to know about timetravelers and specially about Max.

OHWceta
31st Aug 2015, 20:07
Samuel is a Time Lord but he's bound by the laws of non-interferance. ;)

Sneddonator
1st Sep 2015, 07:22
Samuel is a Time Lord but he's bound by the laws of non-interferance. ;)

This wouldnt surprise me. I sometimes wonder whether he has been rewinding time and influencing things along the way.

As for non-interference:

"After I sweep, i paint." He so subtly emphised to Max.

Alvare
1st Sep 2015, 12:41
I liked him since the paint bucket fall. He's so damn funny.
"Ol' Samuel is sorry. Wet paint is not good for hair, nope. Sorry"
*Reaches closer with his gloved hands to wipe it off Victoria's hair.
*Victoria freaks even more

^_^

OHWceta
1st Sep 2015, 13:19
He's kind of creepy but in and awkward endearing kind of way, not it a bad kind of way.

JohnnyPepsi
3rd Sep 2015, 10:30
Has anyone here read 11/22/63 by Stephen King?

It's about this guy who finds a door that dumps him back at a specific time in 1958. He can go back through the door to the point he left, but every time he enters the door it's the same time in 1958, with the same things happening, the same cars on the same streets and the same people saying the same things. Everything's the same.

Except for one mentally infirm homeless dude who seems to keep remembering our hero every time he comes back through the door.

Whatever's been going on in Arcadia Bay has been going on for a lot longer than the week that Max has had her powers. If there's anything to Samuel, I wouldn't say he's off-kilter. Maybe he's holding the multitudes of timelines in his head.

Not really a theory. More of a notion, really.

PinkFrog
3rd Sep 2015, 15:22
My theory is that he is a red-herring that is supposed to make the actual villain be a bigger surprise.

That creepy stuff he says and keeps in his shed all make it appear as if he has a lot going on. But in fact, he's just as confused as everybody else.

Hylianinja
3rd Sep 2015, 20:49
He's always creeped me out.
He's probably just on drugs like everyone else seems to be in Arcadia Bay.

maxineshea
4th Sep 2015, 22:07
Like you said, he talks a lot about "time" and I kinda feel like he is trying to tell something without making it clear. And I dont know why but I feel like he is on our, I mean Max's side. But he is a little bit creepy though.

RagdollZombie
6th Sep 2015, 08:08
"Squirrels like nuts. Does that mean Samuel is...? Nah."

-Max Caulfield

Sneddonator
6th Sep 2015, 11:33
My theory is that he is a red-herring that is supposed to make the actual villain be a bigger surprise.

That creepy stuff he says and keeps in his shed all make it appear as if he has a lot going on. But in fact, he's just as confused as everybody else.

This is probably the reality. But we can't help but want him to be more important.

OHWceta
8th Sep 2015, 13:40
Chapter 5 Ending:

*Scene turns to black and grey and Samuel steps out as if in the foreground, breaking the 4th wall to interact with the audiance*
Samuel: "There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. "

*Twilight Zone Music plays*

Squinn1201
10th Sep 2015, 02:11
Chapter 5 Ending:

*Scene turns to black and grey and Samuel steps out as if in the foreground, breaking the 4th wall to interact with the audiance*
Samuel: "There is a fifth dimension beyond that which is known to man. It is a dimension as vast as space and as timeless as infinity. It is the middle ground between light and shadow, between science and superstition, and it lies between the pit of man's fears and the summit of his knowledge. This is the dimension of imagination. It is an area which we call the Twilight Zone. "

*Twilight Zone Music plays*

Bwhahaha!!!