PDA

View Full Version : Nosgoth Leagues - Season 1 Launch This October

Psyonix_Ryan
5th Aug 2015, 13:15
As announced on our official Gamescom Twitch livestream, we have some really exciting news for everyone about Nosgoth’s Leagues.

From October 1st, we will be running the Season 1 of Nosgoth’s League Rankings. Following our Alpha and Beta tests, this will signal the official release of Nosgoth’s competitive Leagues, with an exciting prize structure. At the end of Season 1, we will be giving out some fantastic awards based on where you finish within the League. Players will compete for a top prize of $1,000, with prizes awarded to all players who place in the Bronze tier or above. The top 100 players (globally) each month will receive a cash reward, from the $10,000 a month prize pool.

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/589/blog/prizes-season-201-final.jpg

Here is the full breakdown of the monthly cash prize pool:

POSITION

Position
Cash Prize
Position
Cash Prize
Position
Cash Prize

1st
$1000
6th
$350
11th-30th
$100

2nd
$800
7th
$300
31st-50th
$75

3rd
$600
8th
$250
51st-75th
$50

4th
$450
9th
$200
76th-100th
$30

5th
$400
10th
$150

http://www.nosgoth.com/system/rich/rich_files/rich_files/000/000/587/blog_large/rewards-season-201.jpg?1438622057

The full breakdown of rewards for Season 1:

Eternal

Cash Prize in accordance with final position within Tier
Bloody Victor Alchemist Skin (Exclusive to Season 1)
4 x Chest Keys
Eternal Profile Border

Blood

3 x Chest Keys
Blood Profile Border

Gold

2 x Chest Keys
Gold Profile Border

Silver

1 x Chest Key
Silver Profile Border
Bronze
Bronze Profile Border

With our League Rankings, we wanted to create something a little special. Something that not only fosters the competitive nature of the game, but ensures the prizes are more rewarding for a larger number of players. We hope this is just the start of Nosgoth’s competitive gaming future that will be evolving to suit you, the players.

Join our forum, join the discussions, and share your feedback!

CountEyokir
5th Aug 2015, 13:17
Good luck to anyone who enters but I'd rather see that money used for more practical purposes

corpus_callosum
5th Aug 2015, 14:03
Fix the terrible performance first =/

KaininitePriestess
5th Aug 2015, 15:13
I can't wait to work toward getting the alchemist skin! I doubt I'll be able to get into the Eternal tier, but hopefully I shouldn't have any problem getting at least to Gold.

Is there going to be any word on whether we'll have another Beta after this one to try and fix the constant crashes and give us another chance to get the Hunter skin, in case we're not able to this time because of the bugs?

Sirfy1
7th Aug 2015, 16:59
While I'm pretty excited about league starting up soon after this beta is done, I do have some concerns...

How quickly do you guys catch the cheaters/hackers for them to not be a problem with league? I imagine putting cash prizes on the board will invite many more of these people into league next month and months to come. [Tho, I have maybe seen 2 at all in the last several months.]

Also, are the current bugs going to be fixed during this beta? Such as the crashes and freeze-lag. The crashes seem to happen to random people. I've never played a match this beta and someone NOT crash. The freeze-lag seems to happen to everyone within the first minute of the match.
Both of these are pretty critical bugs for these types of matches that I feel should be fixed and tested before this beta is over so we know Season 1 will run much smoother.

Other than that, I have really enjoyed these ranked games! Getting into matches much quicker [as opposed to waiting 30min regularly to get into/start 1] has been the biggest perk for me. Also having goals to work towards is always nice and keeps bringing me back! Once you hit 50 and max out the classes, it can seem pretty dull.
Looking forward to Season 1 and working towards that skin! Also can't wait to see what the other classes would look like and if you decide to do vampire ones!

KaininitePriestess
8th Aug 2015, 03:19
Stuff about the bugs

I will say: The bugs are seriously annoying and can make a person rage hardcore when they happen, but the stability of the game when the microfreezes aren't hitting has seemed to be a lot better, ime. So I think once they get those cleared up, it's going to be a lot smoother and more enjoyable to play in more ways then one. :)

Psyonix_Ryan
8th Aug 2015, 03:58
Fix the terrible performance first =/

We are working to address performance issues in an upcoming patch. We have a patch on Tuesday that will address some outstanding issues but some of the more complicated performance problems will be following that one. We'll have more to say on that bigger patch once we have it completely nailed down.

Guardian1uk
8th Aug 2015, 05:01
Ryan nice to finaly hear that, however by the time that patch hits we will have had these issues for nearly 2 weeks, thats 2 weeks without even 1 hot fix?, The devs have hotfixed things in the past but not this time round?

Two things about this current patch is the internal QA testing definately failed miserably and left me at least, and I suspect many others, wondering as to how this got out the door in the first place
Secondly other than "please send us your DXDiags and logs..." there's not really been any communication gone on, so combined with the issues this patch brought up, it has more than likely cost active players, some with the intention of returning in the next patch and others unfortunately are likely never to return and are likely to tell others not to bother with nosgoth.

Considering just how many issues/bugs popped up (in the case of several others, reappeared) and considering even your own forum mods were reporting the same issues as the community as a whole, why wasn't the game reverted to the previous patch which we all knew was at least stable and playable while the devs went back through things trying to pin down why the issues cropped up as they did, hopefully eliminating the bugs/issues or at least keeping the game stable so it's playable and testable?
At least that way the community would have lost fewer or no players from the game along with nosgoth not taking a rep hit.

Also whats going to happen in regards to peoples league progression with the next patch? and are there contingencies in place in case the progress/placements get wiped by the patch next week considering the leagues are supposed to be running till the wednesday the week afterwards?

Celeress
24th Aug 2015, 03:32
Until this starts, can you still earn that league alpha/beta banner?
I need to get that >.<

Excited for this though, all these alchemist skins are beautiful

Dron1508
24th Aug 2015, 07:29
Why, Nosgoth, why have you tried to hide this from us?
http://i.imgur.com/56twAky.jpg

http://nosgoth.browsergames.de/news/12509/1/nosgoth-ab-oktober-vampire-jagen-und-echtes-geld-einsacken.html

Gugulug5000
24th Aug 2015, 08:26
Why, Nosgoth, why have you tried to hide this from us?

Nice find! They did show in the community stream that they are doing a light version of the Hunter armor that's currently the reward for leagues, so it seems only logical to continue the trend onto the other reward skins. If they're following the Hunter example, the light version will be available in the store and the other will be a reward for being gold rank. I'm liking the no helmet look, and I wish you could get a skin with all of the armor, but no helmet (for both the Hunter and the Alchemist).

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 09:14
Nice find! They did show in the community stream that they are doing a light version of the Hunter armor that's currently the reward for leagues, so it seems only logical to continue the trend onto the other reward skins. If they're following the Hunter example, the light version will be available in the store and the other will be a reward for being gold rank. I'm liking the no helmet look, and I wish you could get a skin with all of the armor, but no helmet (for both the Hunter and the Alchemist).

That goes with that I've been saying about swappable heads/masks. There are certain skins it wouldn't work with, but I'd be ok with it only working for certain ones. I'd definitely like to see the Sentinel's masks togglable and swappable and some Samurai/Oni masks for the Reavers, since that was the basis for their cultural background in SR1.

Phantomchan
24th Aug 2015, 11:31
Skins which are customizable to a certain degree would be plain awesome and could act as a gold funnel as well.

You buy the 'base' skin with runestones or get it due to certain events. And then you can buy minor extra cosmetic stuff for that skin with gold like different masks/shoulderpads and whatsoever. That would be plain amazing if you would ask me.

Vampmaster
24th Aug 2015, 12:05
More practically, the custom parts could be packaged with the skins. So if you've already bought a skin with the mask you want, you can remove the mask and put it on a different one as you please. No need to re-buy items you already had. It keeps things fair that way. If the occasional accessory happens to be incompatible with the current skin, the icon would be just grayed out and disabled. I imagine the evolved skins would have that issue.

Phantomchan
24th Aug 2015, 13:40
Also, despite being a skin given out in the beta league. I really hope that the Hunter skin is also limited for the beta league and not be reissued in another 'season'. Although I think it's quite sure that it will be reissued again.

KaininitePriestess
25th Aug 2015, 03:34
They seem to keep the "exclusive" skins actually exclusive, like the Reaver skin for Immortal founders pack purchasers and the North Woods Witch skin for anyone who paid money during the closed Beta.

Also the friends' referral skins. B[ Curse the friends' referral system.

/Forever alone/

Psyonix_Ryan
25th Aug 2015, 19:17
We don't have any plans to release any exclusive skins in any other manner, save for a Hunter variant here or there.

SirRudyMan
31st Aug 2015, 11:39
The top 100 players (globally) each month will receive a cash reward, from the $10,000 a month prize pool.

How will the cash rewards be paid out? Hopefully not only through Steam. Perhaps PayPal? :scratch:

Saikocat
4th Sep 2015, 10:35
Hey everyone,

I know a few of you are waiting on an update from us on this. Apologies for the delay on that, I know you wanted to see an updated reply on this quicker.
I just wanted to post to say we've been listening to all the feedback and we will have a response soon, with more details, we've been pulling all the info together and reviewing a bunch of things on our side, so keep an eye out as we'll post some more info as soon as we can. In the meantime I can assure you we've taken all the feedback very seriously.

How will the cash rewards be paid out? Hopefully not only through Steam. Perhaps PayPal? :scratch:

I believe that would be the payment option, yep, but we'll confirm the details for everyone on the process.

PencileyePirate
5th Sep 2015, 02:07
Pls bring back the duo queue, that was my favorite part about beta league.

SirRudyMan
6th Sep 2015, 14:01

I believe that would be the payment option, yep, but we'll confirm the details for everyone on the process.

Okay, thanks for the reply Cat :)