PDA

View Full Version : No connection

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 10:15
One of the most common assumption about "Life is strange" is that Maxine time travel abilities had caused the Armageddon. But it is not seems like it. At all.

After all, when she saved William, there was not any consequences like that. The nature clearly did not cared if William is dead or alive.

But there is more. In alternative really Maxine did not save Chloe. And yet, Armageddon was going to happen anyway.

So, we must conclude, that Maxine powers have no direct connection to Armageddon and she wasn't the one who caused it.

Or, we have some BIG inconsistency here.

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 10:50
No, you are wrong. If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. That's what the popular theory is all about - Max isn't supposed to use her power, so she must let Chloe die in the bathroom.

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 11:01
No, you are wrong. If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. That's what the popular theory is all about - Max isn't supposed to use her power, so she must let Chloe die in the bathroom.

Well, if saving someone causes the tornado in five days - why it worked with Chloe and didn't worked with William? Why saving William caused no tornado? And what caused it in alternative really?

I see no legit answers for those questions.

So, no, i am right.:)

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 11:23
Because Max still got the power in the age of 18, that is where it started all. Fact that she went 5 years back doesn't change anything. Plus in the past she was rewinding time only a little and since then she didn't have the power. But I don't think Max's rewinding time ability has major role in the tornado stuff. So stop please calling every little thing you don't know yet an inconsistency.

UveProblematique
4th Aug 2015, 11:29
Seems like everyone is right

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 11:36
So stop please calling every little thing you don't know yet an inconsistency.

No, i won't stop it. And i have more to come.:D

But I don't think Max's rewinding time ability has major role in the tornado stuff.

Wait. And why are you disagreeing with me? Basicly i said the exact same thing.

So, we must conclude, that Maxine powers have no direct connection to Armageddon and she wasn't the one who caused it.

I did not say that we have an inconsistency here. I said that we have two possibilities - or Maxine powers have no direct connection to the tornado, OR we have an inconsistency.

meimeiriver
4th Aug 2015, 11:43
So stop please calling every little thing you don't know yet an inconsistency.

^^ 100% this!

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 11:49
I disagree with you because Max's powers can be involved with the tornado and yet it doesn't have to be an inconsistency.

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 11:51
^^ 100% this!

the worse
is still
to come

I disagree with you because Max's powers can be involved with the tornado and yet it doesn't have to be an inconsistency.
I see absolutely no way for that.

meimeiriver
4th Aug 2015, 11:54
the worse
is still
to come

I see what you did there. :)

StrangerThanFiction
4th Aug 2015, 12:08

Rewinding time has to have some effect on the Earth's rotation (changing seasons [snowing in October], unplanned solar events, changes in the tide).

One thing that can disprove this popular assumption is the fact that Max has the vision before getting the power. Just one of the questions we won't know the answer to until episode 5. I can't wait to see what Dontnod has up their sleeves.

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 12:17
Rewinding time has to have some effect on the Earth's rotation (changing seasons [snowing in October], unplanned solar events, changes in the tide).

Well, if storm was caused by using time-travel ability in general, so, well... Arcadia Bay is pretty much doomed and there is no way of saving it.

Because, as Tataboj correctly mentioned "If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. "

I can't wait to see what Dontnod has up their sleeves.
The disappointment that those guys already gave to me was almost like revelation.

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 12:26

Read my 11:23 post again, please.

StrangerThanFiction
4th Aug 2015, 12:26
Well, if storm was caused by using time-travel ability in general, so, well... Arcadia Bay is pretty much doomed and there is no way of saving it.

Because, as Tataboj correctly mentioned "If Max's powers cause the tornado and stuff, continuing using of her powers won't stop it. "

I don't believe her power is as connected to the storm as popular belief states. There's something we're missing here, since it seems that the Prescott's spent big money on a storm shelter. Too many possibilities to consider at this point.

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 12:27
The disappointment that those guys already gave to me was almost like revelation.

Don't stop saying that in every existing thread, please.

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 12:33
Read my 11:23 post again, please.
And i still see absolutely no way for that. :D

Don't stop saying that in every existing thread, please.
Don't stop saying me what to do, please.

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 12:41
And i still see absolutely no way for that. :D

Any arguments?

Don't stop saying me what to do, please.

That wasn't the meaning of my answer and you know it.

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 12:56
Any arguments?

Basicly we have 3 possibilitys at hand:

Tornado was caused by the fact that Maxine saved Chloe.

If so, we have huge unresolvable contradiction at our hand that i already described.

Tornado was caused by the fact of using time travel abilities

If so, you yourself establish the reason why Arcadia Bay is doomed from the very beginning and couldn't be saved. The fact of using time travel abilities can not be erased by time travel.

Tornado was not caused by Maxine's doings

And i see no contradictions here.

That wasn't the meaning of my answer and you know it.
If i get you wrong i am truly sorry. I am not very good in english.

LordBattleBeard
4th Aug 2015, 13:34
I don't think its for any of us to judge what someone should or shouldn't be posting on a public forum. It's an open forum of discussion for everyone. Just as we're free to agree, disagree, or withhold comment.

meimeiriver
4th Aug 2015, 13:37
Basicly we have 3 possibilitys at hand:

Tornado was caused by the fact that Maxine saved Chloe.

If so, we have huge unresolvable contradiction at our hand that i already described.

Have you ever seen "All Good Things"? (Final Episode of ST:TNG) There's a huge subspace anomaly, in all 3 time periods Picard has traveled to. Turns out his investigation into this anomaly is what actually causes it! So, Max could somehow be causing the Vortex herself, in similar fashion.

Not saying that's happening per se. Especially since the Prescotts seem to know about the upcoming storm too (and way in advance, at least since the moment they ordered that 'StormBunker').

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 17:16
Have you ever seen "All Good Things"? (Final Episode of ST:TNG) There's a huge subspace anomaly, in all 3 time periods Picard has traveled to. Turns out his investigation into this anomaly is what actually causes it! So, Max could somehow be causing the Vortex herself, in similar fashion.

Not saying that's happening per se. Especially since the Prescotts seem to know about the upcoming storm too (and way in advance, at least since the moment they ordered that 'StormBunker').

Damn, i have to admit: you really got me there. It is certainly could be considered as fourth possibility. Some of Maxine actions besides saving Chloe could provoke the storm.

And, to be perfectly honest there is yet another possibility. What if Maxine can travel through time as much as she wants and she can save anyone as she pleases besides Chloe Price? Chloe Price and Chloe Price alone absolutely needs to die or world just could not go on.

Onmens
4th Aug 2015, 18:13
Max got her first vision of the tornado before she got her powers, so I think the storm was coming anyway.

I think the Tornado is coming because the Prescotts are building Pan Estates and destroying native american tribal grounds in the process. (there's an article about it in game)

My theory is Max got her powers (from the totem) to stop the storm by exposing the Prescotts and stopping Pan Estates.

But we'll seen soon enough.

StrangerThanFiction
4th Aug 2015, 18:16
Max got her first vision of the tornado before she got her powers, so I think the storm was coming anyway.

I think the Tornado is coming because the Prescotts are building Pan Estates and destroying native american tribal grounds in the process. (there's an article about it in game)

My theory is Max got her powers (from the totem) to stop the storm by exposing the Prescotts and stopping Pan Estates.

I haven't done much exploring on that topic, but that's an excellent theory. How many stories do we know where a person has disturbed sacred and tribal ground; only for it to bite them in the end?

meimeiriver
4th Aug 2015, 21:25
Damn, i have to admit: you really got me there. It is certainly could be considered as fourth possibility. Some of Maxine actions besides saving Chloe could provoke the storm.

And, to be perfectly honest there is yet another possibility. What if Maxine can travel through time as much as she wants and she can save anyone as she pleases besides Chloe Price? Chloe Price and Chloe Price alone absolutely needs to die or world just could not go on.

Why, it's the popular theory: that Chloe is destined to die. Personally, I hope that's not the case, though. At the E3 interview, the Dontnod Dev hinted to the possibility of a Max/Chloe shipping at the end of the game. Which to me, the gay issue aside, simply means Chloe will live.

meimeiriver
4th Aug 2015, 21:37

I've been thinking along the same lines. :) And I'm beginning to think this is not the first time a storm like that has occured. Remember the '2 whales diner'? And now we have beached whales on the shores of Arcadia Bay. So, did this storm happen before? (Like 20 years or so ago, after which the '2 whales diner' got named?) In the 'old *****' Chloe finds in the chest inside the barn, Max reads a headline saying "The Prescotts bring bomb shelter boom to town." The 'StormBunker' (of which we see the invoice in the vault) was therefore likely built by Prescott Industries themselves too, btw.

It would also explain why Nathan knows about the upcoming storm: it's a recurring phenomenon caused by the Prescotts somehow. How is still a mystery, of course. Although as to the 'why', looks like you're certainly on to something.

Xeva-q
4th Aug 2015, 21:42
Why, it's the popular theory: that Chloe is destined to die.

I just thought about it in a little different manner: if someone who was going to die was saved by time travel the universe is going to fall apart.

But it turned out that actually theory is this: everyone but Chloe could be saved using time travel. It is not about that changed history must be corrected. It is about that Chloe Price must die prior to specific date.

At the E3 interview, the Dontnod Dev hinted to the possibility of a Max/Chloe shipping at the end of the game.
But it can be just long farewell kiss.:)

RaulRoque
5th Aug 2015, 05:33
What would Maxine be if she were a communist? :P

A funny thing I see about the game is that, for me, all the episodes are already done, aren't they? But they postpone the time of releases just for estrategic intentions.

Xeva-q
5th Aug 2015, 19:16

No, she is not. I can see my communist comrades right away.

Sneddonator
5th Aug 2015, 22:07

A funny thing I see about the game is that, for me, all the episodes are already done, aren't they? But they postpone the time of releases just for estrategic intentions.

The only thing done is the story. The developers have mentioned in several interviews that they make each episode one after another. So when episode 2 is done they start 3.

RaulRoque
6th Aug 2015, 04:37
The only thing done is the story. The developers have mentioned in several interviews that they make each episode one after another. So when episode 2 is done they start 3.

I don't really believe this :P For me, that's estrategic. It's too much money to have a risk like that.

RaulRoque
6th Aug 2015, 04:38
No, she is not. I can see my communist comrades right away.

How are they?

StrangerThanFiction
6th Aug 2015, 04:39
I don't really believe this :P For me, that's estrategic. It's too much money to have a risk like that.

Why not both?

RaulRoque
6th Aug 2015, 04:45
Why not both?

Can be. Maybe they already have it basically done and complement something during this time.

Sneddonator
6th Aug 2015, 08:02
Well you can either take the developers word as truth or dismiss it as nonsense. I think an indy dev is going to be more upfront and honest about it than a large studio.