PDA

View Full Version : Unimportant gun question (spoiler)

RanXYZ
4th Aug 2015, 08:09
If Chloe loses David's revolver to Franck (and if Max doesn't get it back from Frank's RV), but grabs Nathan's gun after Warren beats him up, does she get to wield Nathan's semi-auto gun instead of David's revolver for the rest of the episode ?

Not that it changes anything, but just curious.

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 09:11
Btw, does Chloe have a gun if Frank took it from her and they didn't take a gun from Nathan?

Sneddonator
4th Aug 2015, 11:30
She didn't pick up Nathans gun in my version of the game. I think she kicks it away or something like that.

Alvare
4th Aug 2015, 12:15
She didn't pick up Nathans gun in my version of the game. I think she kicks it away or something like that.
No she ignores the gun because Nathan picks it up quickly after Warren stops beating him.

LordBattleBeard
4th Aug 2015, 13:42
This is a pretty interesting question. Unless I'm mistaken, it too would be entirely possible for Chloe not to have a gun at all in the final scene of episode 4 if:
- You didn't try to shoot Frank
- You didn't take the gun back from the cupboard of Franks RV
- You stopped Warren from going psycho on Nathan.

RanXYZ
4th Aug 2015, 13:48
I read that Franck will give Chloe his gun of she has none. What I wonder is if he does this even if she already has Nathan's (she only grabs Nathan's gun if Warren gives him a real beating though).

GabrielSanX
4th Aug 2015, 14:28
If Chloe loses David's revolver to Franck (and if Max doesn't get it back from Frank's RV), but grabs Nathan's gun after Warren beats him up, does she get to wield Nathan's semi-auto gun instead of David's revolver for the rest of the episode ?

I really forgot to give David's gun to Chloe back in the RV. So, in episode 4, I didn't stop Warren from beating Nathan, so Chloe could take his gun. We can assume:

If Chloe has both David's and Nathan's guns, she will wield only David's till the end, where she gets a headshot by Jefferson. Now, if Chloe has only Nathan's (my situation), even if you kill Frank (my situation again) she will have only this option, and will carry his gun for the rest of the episode.

Anyway, Chloe must have a gun throughout this episode.

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 14:35
Y-y-you killed Frank? W-w-why?

StrangerThanFiction
4th Aug 2015, 14:51
Y-y-you killed Frank? W-w-why?

I did too. On my first save. Whoops.

My excuse is; even with the rewind, I thought that it wouldn't be possible to prevent killing him until I saw the choices screen.(Again...whoops.) He is alive and well in my third save though. Can I get brownie points for that?

Anyways, Chloe has David's gun in all of my saves (because I tried shooting Frank all three times) and I prevented Warren from going to town on Nathan; so she doesn't have Nathan's gun.

Alvare
4th Aug 2015, 15:29
I did too. On my first save. Whoops.

My excuse is; even with the rewind, I thought that it wouldn't be possible to prevent killing him until I saw the choices screen.(Again...whoops.) He is alive and well in my third save though. Can I get brownie points for that?

Anyways, Chloe has David's gun in all of my saves (because I tried shooting Frank all three times) and I prevented Warren from going to town on Nathan; so she doesn't have Nathan's gun.
Wow.. I think this has to do with how our mindset was set as we stepped into the conversation with Frank.
I was kind of worried and careful. I suspected he'd be angry at Max and Chloe for the missing rv keys. But then I figured that he didn't knew it was them breaking in. So I just continued being nice to him, showing empathy and kindness, like I do to everyone in this game, and he'd never attack. You'd be surprised how nice Frank suddenly acts, gives back the gun, the clients book and wishes us luck. He even texts Max later that she and Chloe could chill with him sometime if they'd want.

StrangerThanFiction
4th Aug 2015, 16:05
Wow.. I think this has to do with how our mindset was set as we stepped into the conversation with Frank.
I was kind of worried and careful. I suspected he'd be angry at Max and Chloe for the missing rv keys. But then I figured that he didn't knew it was them breaking in. So I just continued being nice to him, showing empathy and kindness, like I do to everyone in this game, and he'd never attack. You'd be surprised how nice Frank suddenly acts, gives back the gun, the clients book and wishes us luck. He even texts Max later that she and Chloe could chill with him sometime if they'd want.

I thought I was nice on my first save. Then I screwed up on the dog question. I said the name of his dog. *facepalm.*

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 16:46
I thought I was nice on my first save. Then I screwed up on the dog question. I said the name of his dog. *facepalm.*

Well, before I rewound I also said Pompidou's name but Chloe only injured him. And when I said to her to get rid of the gun, she injured him with his knife. ;)

RanXYZ
5th Aug 2015, 19:29
So, for the record: if Chloe has Nathan's gun (after Warren goes berserk on him), but does not get David's back from Franck (any "bad" outcome at the beach, i.e. if Franck gets killed or injured), then she indeed wields Nathan's semi-automatic pistol until the end of the episode, instead of David's revolver.

By the way, the scene were Chloe and Franck gunfight at the beach has a thrilling western touch to it - and for some reason, Chloe indeed is quite a fine shooter.

Unfortunately, that does not make her shoot faster than you-know-who later in the junkyard.

RanXYZ
5th Aug 2015, 19:33
Side note: judging by the shooting practice at the junkyard in episode 2, and the gunfight at the beach in episode 4, we can infer that Chloe is better with a semi-automatic than with a revolver.

Go figure :scratch: