PDA

View Full Version : Hitboxes on lowered/raised platforms

Qhorin
13th Aug 2014, 17:47
I've found while playing Vampires I won't hit somebody if they're on a slightly lowered/raised point to me. For instance, as a Deceiver, if I try to give somebody aids and they're on a little slope, it won't connect. A similar issue can be found with ground slam.

This may just be coincidental in that I'm just missing my shots, but I find it quite frustrating when it appears I've hit them, but nothing happens. Would appreciate if you looked into this!

Hazmire
13th Aug 2014, 18:11
I would like to know if the different hit boxes have different damage multiplier values. I'm interested if an arrow will do more headshot damage, less leg damge etc. I would love to see hits to the leg causing a slow in movement speed!

Sorrowgate
13th Aug 2014, 18:17
I've found while playing Vampires I won't hit somebody if they're on a slightly lowered/raised point to me. For instance, as a Deceiver, if I try to give somebody aids and they're on a little slope, it won't connect. A similar issue can be found with ground slam.

This may just be coincidental in that I'm just missing my shots, but I find it quite frustrating when it appears I've hit them, but nothing happens. Would appreciate if you looked into this!

I always thought there was something odd about a Deceiver coming up behind a human, infecting them with something nasty and watching it spread around...

I've had this happen with a Scout that rolled off of a bridge, when I used Backstab. The move connected, the Deceiver stopped moving forward, but the fact that he was slightly lower due to being mid drop seemed to prevent the stab from doing damage. Sentinels dropping Humans on top of boxes can get awkward too, though granted if the box is big and they move away from the side you're on it makes sense that you won't connect.

I would like to know if the different hit boxes have different damage multiplier values. I'm interested if an arrow will do more headshot damage, less leg damge etc. I would love to see hits to the leg causing a slow in movement speed!

Attacks do the same damage to all areas. It's fun to imagine a Reaver dragging his leg along as a Scout's throwing knife lodged itself in the shin though.