PDA

View Full Version : Calm down, there's a selfie! SPOILERS

Tataboj
2nd Aug 2015, 18:44
I was thinking about fatality of Dark Room's ending and I got to... selfie. That one which drunk Warren took. If Max survives, she can go back.

ByouRei
2nd Aug 2015, 18:49
If she survives .. last episode is about vengeful David Mandsten :D bad joke.

but if chance to going back, am call David for help.

PHub07
2nd Aug 2015, 19:53
Yup....its pretty obvious Max will end up using this.

I wonder if David will end up being told about Maxs power. For her to get access to the picture.....it seems like David will have to save Max. Knowing she will then undo all of those events....I wonder if prior she will end up telling David.

LordBattleBeard
2nd Aug 2015, 21:16
I suspect that will happen but kind of hope it doesn't. Did she learn nothing from altering time like that before? maybe the shot wasn't fatal and Chloe will be OK and it will be super David to the rescue! :thumb: OK. I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know...

Xeva-q
2nd Aug 2015, 21:37
If she survives .. last episode is about vengeful David Mandsten :D bad joke.

No, it actually was pretty good.:D

I suspect that will happen but kind of hope it doesn't. Did she learn nothing from altering time like that before? maybe the shot wasn't fatal and Chloe will be OK and it will be super David to the rescue! :thumb: OK. I know I'm clutching at straws but you never know...
Yep. Brain has not been damaged! :D

And, talking seriously i think this preview picture of episode 5 is pretty self-explanatory.
http://static.tumblr.com/bec8a1ebeff8170b487cdcc8a9e6a4f9/snroel3/C6dnjdejg/tumblr_static_bu92cj411ag48o04osc848g40_2048_v2.jpg

LordBattleBeard
2nd Aug 2015, 22:42
It is? the best I could surmise from it is it's the final scene and she's looking on wondering "was it all for nothing?" ;)

ByouRei
3rd Aug 2015, 03:09

And, talking seriously i think this preview picture of episode 5 is pretty self-explanatory.
http://static.tumblr.com/bec8a1ebeff8170b487cdcc8a9e6a4f9/snroel3/C6dnjdejg/tumblr_static_bu92cj411ag48o04osc848g40_2048_v2.jpg

i still think this foto was best from begining ..i know is not same foto .. there is lot of new photograph on wall . i'm almost like buy polaroid camera :D

It is? the best I could surmise from it is it's the final scene and she's looking on wondering "was it all for nothing?" ;)
i see that like last scene of game.
it wel be nice if creators can make this foto in HQ i like use it like wallpaler :worship:

Tataboj
3rd Aug 2015, 06:51

1. Shot in the middle of her head... I don't think so.

2. When Max altered William's life, she altered everything and everybody William was interacting for 5 years. Now she would go only a day to the past and prevent Chloe from being dead and Max from being... I don't know. Fatally drugged?

LordBattleBeard
3rd Aug 2015, 10:44
1. Shot in the middle of her head... I don't think so.

2. When Max altered William's life, she altered everything and everybody William was interacting for 5 years. Now she would go only a day to the past and prevent Chloe from being dead and Max from being... I don't know. Fatally drugged?Just seems like Chloe is destined to die. First in the girls bathrooms and then again in the junkyard. Is it just bad luck or destiny? all books & movies around this time altering premise seem to all come back to the same conclusion; you can't change everything.

Xeva-q
3rd Aug 2015, 10:54
Just seems like Chloe is destined to die. First in the girls bathrooms and then again in the junkyard. Is it just bad luck or destiny? all books & movies around this time altering premise seem to all come back to the same conclusion; you can't change everything.
Every one of those deaths were easily avoidable. And was, basically, her own doings. It can't be universe's fault that Chloe is so careless.

Well, at least i am think so. But authors of the game could indeed mean that Chloe is destined to die. If so, that means that this game have very infantile message.

RanXYZ
3rd Aug 2015, 12:27
Every one of those deaths were easily avoidable. And was, basically, her own doings. It can't be universe's fault that Chloe is so careless.

Well, at least i am think so. But authors of the game could indeed mean that Chloe is destined to die. If so, that means that this game have very infantile message.
Indeed, the "bound to die" thing has been done to death since Sophocles (or maybe even before that). But since the game has been very creative on every other aspect, I do hope we will avoid the old "unavoidable fate" stuff :)

LordBattleBeard
3rd Aug 2015, 12:56
Maybe Chloe won't die but I still suspect some important and likeable character will. Its the last episode so the writers are going to be in full gut-punch mode. Stories like these rarely have a happily ever after. It wouldn't surprise me if David was the unlikely hero and pays the price for it.

meimeiriver
3rd Aug 2015, 17:32
If I recall correctly, there's still an Chapter due called 'Intense Focus.' It's a safe bet Max will travel back. The title suggests it may take her more effort than before, though (maybe she can't hold the photo, as she's tied up?)

And Chloe will not die... Or at least not stay dead like that. If for nothing else, because this was a cliffhanger: and cliffhangers simply can't spoil the ending. The brutality of Chloe getting killed like that took me aback a bit, though, but I'm fair confident she will be okay. I'm far, far more worried -- rather, sick to my stomach even -- about the fate of Max, who can use a rewind, but won't conveniently lose the memory of her experiences. :( So, please, Dontnod, don't harm her.

ByouRei
3rd Aug 2015, 17:43
maybe same scheme as in 4.? in begining some torturing and she got one of selfie and jump...

ifaptomilakunis
3rd Aug 2015, 17:59
I was thinking about fatality of Dark Room's ending and I got to... selfie. That one which drunk Warren took. If Max survives, she can go back.

and everyone thought selfies are stupid... :D

Sanny_14
3rd Aug 2015, 18:30
If I recall correctly, there's still an Chapter due called 'Intense Focus.' It's a safe bet Max will travel back. The title suggests it may take her more effort than before, though (maybe she can't hold the photo, as she's tied up?)
What if Max finish where all of this started: in the bathroom. Maybe she'll try to rewind time with the photo she left on the floor. And as the photo is torn in 2 parts she'll succeed but loose her power..

meimeiriver
3rd Aug 2015, 18:36
What if Max finish where all of this started: in the bathroom. Maybe she'll try to rewind time with the photo she left on the floor. And as the photo is torn in 2 parts she'll succeed but loose her power..

Could be. :) I just hope they won't go 'The Butterfly Effect' movie ending on us, in which the only way to make everything right is to let Chloe not leave that bath room alive. :( That theme has been done to death (minor pun intended).

meimeiriver
3rd Aug 2015, 19:03
Btw, did anyone else think Warren acted in a bizarre, faux drunk manner?! Not sure it was just a pretext to take a snapshot of him and Max, but drunken act was definitely strange.

LordBattleBeard
3rd Aug 2015, 19:16
Remember, before she can reverse time she will be at the mercy of Mr J and Nathan. There might be some people wishing they had mercy on Nathan in the episode prior. Karmas a *****.

Tataboj
3rd Aug 2015, 19:19
Btw, did anyone else think Warren acted in a bizarre, faux drunk manner?! Not sure it was just a pretext to take a snapshot of him and Max, but drunken act was definitely strange.

Well, he said he just wanted once to behave like an average teenager after all that violence.

meimeiriver
3rd Aug 2015, 19:20
Remember, before she can reverse time she will be at the mercy of Mr J and Nathan. There might be some people wishing they had mercy on Nathan in the episode prior. Karmas a *****.

Nathan's jacket was in that bunker too, btw. Which was kinda strange: I mean, who walks out of a vaulted perv bunker, leaving his jacket?! I'm beginning to think, more and more, that Nathan may be a victim too somehow.

Tataboj
3rd Aug 2015, 19:51
That photo of the Photo Memorial Wall isn't available anymore but... that photo of the butterfly... You can se Max's face there. Perhaps she can there and grab the toren photo before Nathan and Chloe show up. I hope Dontnod won't do that totally expexted "Max has to let Chloe die in the bathroom" ending.

bananaphone34100
4th Aug 2015, 16:57

But how will she go back? When she got drugged she couldn't use her rewind, What if this is permanent? and will we lose Chloe?

Tataboj
4th Aug 2015, 17:45
But how will she go back? When she got drugged she couldn't use her rewind, What if this is permanent? and will we lose Chloe?

Well, we don't know. Why couldn't Max go via the selfie, perhaps drugged and tell Chloe everything, collapses and then will appear in the present, where she and Chloe are alive because the haven't met with Jefferson (and Nathan?).

Asusfreak
5th Aug 2015, 16:22
I hope the Warren-selfie theory is true, but I see one problem. Why is it possible to warn Victoria from Nathan if you can rewind.. But maybe Max wakes up together with Victoria in the bunker if you do not warn her. Possibly you can go back in the photo after that..

Sanny_14
5th Aug 2015, 18:02
Could be. :) I just hope they won't go 'The Butterfly Effect' movie ending on us, in which the only way to make everything right is to let Chloe not leave that bath room alive. :( That theme has been done to death (minor pun intended).

That's so sad but I think it's true, she always die when Max rewind time, in a way or another..

Sneddonator
5th Aug 2015, 21:54
I dont think this is what will end up happening. Jefferson and Nathan will still be drugging girls.

VUylvern
10th Aug 2015, 03:30

Maybe ep 5 is all about being saved and returning to the dorm and choosing a photo before the storm?

Sneddonator
10th Aug 2015, 06:10
Maybe at the end a camera will zoom out to reveal a snow-globe and Max staring in to it having dreamt the whole thing.

VUylvern
10th Aug 2015, 16:30
You mean like walker texas ranger style? God I hate that episode.

LordBattleBeard
10th Aug 2015, 19:27
Maybe at the end a camera will zoom out to reveal a snow-globe and Max staring in to it having dreamt the whole thing.Aka. the laziest writer fall-back ever. Usually only used when the writers have boxed themselves into a corner. That'd be one sure fire way to kill an otherwise amazing game :p thankfully, I see that you're joking :D otherwise I might have had to pull a David Madsen on you >_>

MeteoricDragon
17th Sep 2015, 02:15
Could be. :) I just hope they won't go 'The Butterfly Effect' movie ending on us, in which the only way to make everything right is to let Chloe not leave that bath room alive. :( That theme has been done to death (minor pun intended).I strongly agree.

LifeIsAnOrange
27th Sep 2015, 20:43
Now the question is who will bust Max out of the dark room and if she's alone in there. Personally I think by the time Jefferson got to Max and Chloe Victoria is already in the dark room, either dead or anesthetized, and maybe Nathan is too. So the irony would be Max warned Victoria to get away from someone who's going to be a victim himself... And what about the David Madsen saving everyone theory? Even if you sided with him in ep3 how will he know where Jeff's dark room is? From what we found in his garage he's only been spying on students.

LordBattleBeard
27th Sep 2015, 21:11
Now the question is who will bust Max out of the dark room and if she's alone in there. Personally I think by the time Jefferson got to Max and Chloe Victoria is already in the dark room, either dead or anesthetized, and maybe Nathan is too. So the irony would be Max warned Victoria to get away from someone who's going to be a victim himself... And what about the David Madsen saving everyone theory? Even if you sided with him in ep3 how will he know where Jeff's dark room is? From what we found in his garage he's only been spying on students.David Madsen was tracking Mr Jefferson too. The bulk of the most important information was provided by Madsens surveillance of the people of interest. Max and Chloe just pieced it all together. When Chloe doesn't come back home where is the first place he's going to check? her room. and what's in the room? that big board with the exact information needed to find Max.

Even if you didn't side with David its possible that he could come back to talk to Joyce or pick up some of his belongings.

But as julietxjules pointed out in another thread, Nathan (with the assumption he's still alive) could save Max too.

It could even be either/or dependant on your earlier decisions. But personally, I hope its David and he dies a heroes death. That way everyone who got him kicked to the curb can feel shame :p

And the more I think about it, the more I think the Warren selfie is just a red herring to throw people off.

LifeIsAnOrange
27th Sep 2015, 21:23
David Madsen was tracking Mr Jefferson too. The bulk of the most important information was provided by Madsens surveillance of the people of interest. Max and Chloe just pieced it all together. When Chloe doesn't come back home where is the first place he's going to check? her room. and what's in the room? that big board with the exact information needed to find Max.

Even if you didn't side with David its possible that he could come back to talk to Joyce or pick up some of his belongings.

But as julietxjules pointed out in another thread, Nathan (with the assumption he's still alive) could save Max too.

It could even be either/or dependant on your earlier decisions. But personally, I hope its David and he dies a heroes death. That way everyone who got him kicked to the curb can feel shame :p

And the more I think about it, the more I think the Warren selfie is just a red herring to throw people off.

I must've overlooked that part then. Well if David has indeed been tracking Jeff then good for him! Glad I sided with him in my second playthrough :p

However, I don't think the Warren selfie is just there to throw people off. Do you really think Dontnod is just going to kill off a character that's almost essential to the plot? Besides, have you noticed that there's an ep5 achievement called "selfie awareness"? If that's anything of a clue then I think it'd be pretty safe to say that Max will be aware of her selfie-rewind power and use it to save Chloe.

Of course I could be wrong. From the amount of twists that are in ep3 and ep4 who knows what Dontnod will do? I just hope that Chloe's death isn't permanent. :(

LordBattleBeard
27th Sep 2015, 22:49
I must've overlooked that part then. Well if David has indeed been tracking Jeff then good for him! Glad I sided with him in my second playthrough :pYou did the right thing the second time around ;)

However, I don't think the Warren selfie is just there to throw people off. Do you really think Dontnod is just going to kill off a character that's almost essential to the plot? Besides, have you noticed that there's an ep5 achievement called "selfie awareness"? If that's anything of a clue then I think it'd be pretty safe to say that Max will be aware of her selfie-rewind power and use it to save Chloe.All the trophies are related to optional photos so I wouldn't pay to much attention to them or consider them of significant importance.
Max will definitely use a few photos to travel back through time like the one with the blue butterfly on the bucket in the girls bathrooms but I just don't think it likely she'll use the one with Warren. Its likely Warren has that picture given that he was the one who asked one be taken :p

Of course I could be wrong. From the amount of twists that are in ep3 and ep4 who knows what Dontnod will do? I just hope that Chloe's death isn't permanent. :(DONTNOD definitely have a tenancy to turn things upside down at a moments notice. I think Chloe's death will be permanent in some playthoughs but not others, with it being dependant on the players choices, seeing as the game will have multiple endings.

KristaD
30th Sep 2015, 13:03
You did the right thing the second time around ;)

All the trophies are related to optional photos so I wouldn't pay to much attention to them or consider them of significant importance.
Max will definitely use a few photos to travel back through time like the one with the blue butterfly on the bucket in the girls bathrooms but I just don't think it likely she'll use the one with Warren. Its likely Warren has that picture given that he was the one who asked one be taken :p

DONTNOD definitely have a tenancy to turn things upside down at a moments notice. I think Chloe's death will be permanent in some playthoughs but not others, with it being dependant on the players choices, seeing as the game will have multiple endings.

I would not be surprised there would be different characters that die / live depends on how you play your cards. It make as much as anything if Life is Strange will have multiple endings.