PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE Key bind problems

RSGMulder
13th Aug 2014, 16:10
Posting this after having had contact with support. They asked me to also post this on the forums in the bugs section. Customer support was able to duplicate this problem. Maybe the information in this topic will help others that have the same problem with their keybinds.

Whenever i rebind a key, the game keeps using the old keybind too. As if the default key binds are hardcoded in the game. I use "F" key for my voicechat (mumble/teamspeak) outside the game, but this is also the default keybind for the second skill. So i rebind the second skill to my mouse thumb button and this works fine.
Now the problem is that the game does not unbind the "F" key. When i use my voicechat to talk to friends it will also activate the second skill ingame because the game did not unbind the old "F" key.

What i tried now is to bind my "F" key to an ingame function that won't bother me. In this case "Stop streaming" that is normally bound to F7. I don't stream so that is no problem. When i do this the game will stop using the second ability with the "F" key and i can safely use it as my push to talk key for mumble/teamspeak. This works because a different ingame function now took over the "F" key.
Ofcourse this is just a workaround and does not remove the bug/problem. The game will keep using the old default bind as long as you don't use that key for any other ingame fucntion. This is also not only related to just the "F" key that i have problems with, but with all the default ingame keybinds.

Most people probably won't notice this bug because they don't use any software besides the game that needs the key. But people that use mumble/teamspeak (or any other software) will run in to problems if their use key is the same as the default ingame keybinds.

AreZee
13th Aug 2014, 18:04
I got the same problem. I wanted to rebind the voice chat key to something else, but it also kept the old keybinding. It is also annoying that it registers the voice chat key when using the chat in lobby resulting in annoying click-storm-transmission over the voice chat (my microphon registers the "ultra-loud" keys of my mechanical keyboard with ease :( )

lucinvampire
13th Aug 2014, 18:22
Posting this after having had contact with support. They asked me to also post this on the forums in the bugs section. Customer support was able to duplicate this problem. Maybe the information in this topic will help others that have the same problem with their keybinds.

Thank you :thumb: for taking the time to share this information with us all - it is very much appreciated.

-Brawn-
13th Aug 2014, 21:50
I have the dodge key for sentinel/vampire bound to the num pad 0 key. when I cant fly using this key for some reason. I went through the tutorial just to check and it tells me to use the num pad 0 key but when I do it I don't fly. I still have to use the space bar to fly.

remi555
14th Aug 2014, 18:13
Hi, I'm french so I have an azerty keyboard so I need to change the control, everything is alright when I change them but if I start a new round or quit the game, I need to change it again, It doesn't save it.

IceKholdStare
28th Aug 2014, 18:50
I rebound the keys for team and all chat. After dying, it reverts back to default while on the loadout/death screen. After I re-rebound them, it became an even bigger jumbled mess... this is infuriating. I can't address the team I need to, at all. The normal keys are not comfortable for me.