PDA

View Full Version : suggestion abaut dead body hunters

bugai007
2nd Aug 2015, 08:26
Good afternoon make please opportunity for hunters to water the corpses with holy water that vampires couldn't suck blood or restored less less health.

KaininitePriestess
5th Aug 2015, 07:25
"Holy" water isn't really a necessity for Nosgothic humans, normal water serves the same purpose against the Vampires in this world. Still, I don't know if this would be something that would...fit? Idk. It would simply singe their hands and/or mouth if there was water where they touched the boy, to questionable degrees.

Vampmaster
5th Aug 2015, 13:00
I had this theory that water from the abyss could be harmful even to Rahabim because of it's connections with the Elder God and the Ancient Vampire's lost city or perhaps gained a harmful property from all the traitors and weaklings executed there. Water is supposed to be highly acidic to vampires. I imagine even a small amount would hurt even if it's not enough to kill them.

RainaAudron
5th Aug 2015, 13:16
I had this theory that water from the abyss could be harmful even to Rahabim because of it's connections with the Elder God and the Ancient Vampire's lost city or perhaps gained a harmful property from all the traitors and weaklings executed there.

I assumed it´s because it´s a gateway to the Spectral Realm that everything living will be instantly killed when passed through the vortex (which EG might have caused).

CountEyokir
5th Aug 2015, 13:20
Not sure using water in any capacity as a weapon is a good idea because logically all the humans would need then to defeat the Vampires would be water pistols, turning the battle into a grizzly version of splatoon

Vampmaster
5th Aug 2015, 13:32
Not sure using water in any capacity as a weapon is a good idea because logically all the humans would need then to defeat the Vampires would be water pistols, turning the battle into a grizzly version of splatoon

Only if a tiny splash was lethal. They never died from one rain drop and you can't take every single gameplay mechanic as 100% cannon, given the limitations of the system. Per pixel collision tests are computationally expensive. They may have died instantly from dipping one toe in the water in SR1, but realistically they'd have to be submerged.

GenFeelGood
5th Aug 2015, 14:34
I might be okay with humans being able to sabotage the dead if the vampires can also sabotage the human's health stations. Though I might suggest that instead of setting them up as traps they just be rendered inactive, burning the corpses and healing stations.

KaininitePriestess
5th Aug 2015, 15:10
Burning the corpses and healing stations would make more sense, honestly. The Alch would become the best candidate to do that on the Human side, in that case, since she already has the flame-thrower and fire wall. :p

FearGhoul
6th Aug 2015, 00:06
I think the balance works just fine as it is. It's not like the body sits there ready to feed on forever. You've only got like ten or fifteen seconds before the body bleeds out.

KaininitePriestess
6th Aug 2015, 07:46
That's my overall opinion on the matter, too, tbqh. The human healing stations run out after they're used and the bodies only last a few seconds, so they don't give much of an advantage at all. Plus, it's sometimes impossible to get a free chance to use them at all.