PDA

View Full Version : USER INTERFACE [Problem] Siege's cap ring not showing 'amount of capture'

Floipd
13th Aug 2014, 12:47
I've had this in multiple games, and there doesn't seem to be any correlation to a specific map or action. At random a Cap Ring (the thing with the letter and yellow gauge filling up) will just not show the yellow gauge which should indicate how far you are done capping a certain point.
This is completely random and can even happen to for example ring 'A', while a separated player has no trouble viewing how far he is capping point 'E' on his own. (e.g. when a ring shows this malfunction it doesn't necesarily go for all rings)

Unsettling and confusing as humans since you don't know whether to run back to the last cap or try a new one.
Frustrating for the vampires since they have no indicator of which point to focus on and attack/defend (which is especcially annoying at the end of a match with tied scores).

On a brighter note I really like how Siege-mode plays, and it's quite possibly the only incarnation of 'king of the hill' (or however you call such a mode) that I like!

-Floipd

AreZee
13th Aug 2014, 18:13
I mostly play siege mode only and I encountered this bug too. But afaik it never happened that you cant capture the point, i.e. it's only a visual bug. It still captures the point, but there is no visual indication for it, allowing for some sneaky captures :cool:

Floipd
14th Aug 2014, 07:35
I mostly play siege mode only and I encountered this bug too. But afaik it never happened that you cant capture the point, i.e. it's only a visual bug. It still captures the point, but there is no visual indication for it, allowing for some sneaky captures :cool:
Ah yeah, I totally forgot to mention that. If it wasn't clear from the text I meant to say that it is indeed only a visual bug, the capping itself still works.

lucinvampire
21st Aug 2014, 21:26
I'm hoping that this is a display bug - like the ones mentioned above with the Siege indicator not showing correctly - but I've noticed in a few games recently that the capture of a location will be really quick at match start.

Tonight I noticed that the Siege indicator had started to fill prior to the match even beginning...it was adding pips to it like it is counting to the match...

FireWorks_
21st Aug 2014, 22:29
I'm hoping that this is a display bug - like the ones mentioned above with the Siege indicator not showing correctly - but I've noticed in a few games recently that the capture of a location will be really quick at match start.

Tonight I noticed that the Siege indicator had started to fill prior to the match even beginning...it was adding pips to it like it is counting to the match...

I think the underlying issue is that cap points and player spawn areas are not mutually exclusive. Especially not during the first spawn.

injiau
24th Nov 2014, 20:13
more of a inquiry of how 'siege' game mode is going? The spawns need to be away from the objectives cause ATM as humans spawn they get an instant capture or two by the time vamps get to them?

would like this to be fixed cause TDM is good but repetitive need siege to start hitting the lobbies :)

thanks,

Jovan 'INJI' team nf.

Psyonix_Corey
24th Nov 2014, 22:55
There is a revamp of Siege coming that adjusts spawn logic, particularly initial spawning so you aren't right next to an objective.

It also modifies the mode to be less similar to TDM. Humans have to capture points still, but they have a limited time and they gain time by capturing. Vampires are preventing but don't get points for kills, so it's less same-y.

injiau
25th Nov 2014, 05:57
Thanks for the reply Corey, I know how the siege game mode works it's just as you said initial spawning right next to the objective which is annoying.. In saying that very good news to hear you guy's taking the step to actually fix this I'm happy :)