PDA

View Full Version : Screenshot and updating issues PS3.

poisonlesson
1st Aug 2015, 06:14
Hi guys,

EDIT: I managed to get it downloaded and working, so I not longer have that issue.

The next issue I've had for a while, and to be honest I asked for help, and they couldn't seem to find any reason behind it. I'd love to take screenshots, as the game is just beautiful. In the game, and on most forums, they tell me that to take a screenshot, I need to use the 'Start' and 'PS' button. All that does, is bring up the 'Home' Menu or the 'Pause' menu. Never EVER does it take a screenshot.

HOWEVER, if I push 'Start' and 'Select', it makes a clicking sound, and the screen flashes as if I've taken a photo. So I assumed that was how I took a screenshot. But they're nowhere to be found. Not one of my multiple screenshots is ANYWHERE on my PS3.

What am I doing wrong? Why does screenshotting the way I'm SUPPOSED to do nothing? It's making me seriously frustrated as now I can no longer play the game OR screenshot the menu or anything else.

Help, please??

Many thanks in advance if anyone can help!

EDIT:^^^^ I still have this issue, and it's making me want to tear my hair out! The 'correct' way to screenshot using the PS button and 'Start' doesn't work, all it does is pop up the 'Home' or 'Pause' menu, depending on which one it detects was pushed first. Yet pushing 'Start' and 'Select' seems to take a screenshot, but still I can't see it on my Photo Gallery, or anywhere on my PS3. I don't know what to do! I've contacted customer support again, but I don't really know what to do! I really really really want to take screen shots as I want specific ones that I can't find elsewhere... I want to cry! Can someone please please please help?

poisonlesson
27th Sep 2015, 03:26
Bumping this because I've updated and I'm at my wits end! Please, can someone help??

julietxjules
27th Sep 2015, 03:54
You must bear in mind that some games do not allow screenshots. Your problem is likely just that - you capture an image but it does not show up in the photo gallery. If you have heard the virtual shutter and had no picture show up, then obviously it is not allowed.

poisonlesson
27th Sep 2015, 10:22
I understand that some games do not allow this, however I contacted customer support for this game, and they told me that pushing Start and the PS button is how to take a screenshot on PS3 for Life is Strange. The people who made the game told me this, yet it doesn't work. That's what I don't understand.

julietxjules
27th Sep 2015, 14:09
I understand that some games do not allow this, however I contacted customer support for this game, and they told me that pushing Start and the PS button is how to take a screenshot on PS3 for Life is Strange. The people who made the game told me this, yet it doesn't work. That's what I don't understand.

Now that is strange! I wonder - what with all the bugs and issues that the game has - whether or not it is a glitch in the system? Does the same thing happen across all episodes?

UPDATE: I have just tried to take a screenshot and the very same thing you have described has happened. . .nothing! It must be glitch/bug in the system. The game has to be coded to enable screenshots in the first place and, if you have been told that you can take screenshots whilst playing the game, the only logical explanation as to why you can't is that there exists a bug that has yet to be squished.

UPDATE 2: I have tried connecting a keyboard to my PS3 and using that to capture a screen image but even that does not work. When a capture is possible and, when the game you are playing supports this feature, the XMB, under photos, usually displays "SAVE SCREENSHOT" as an option, but it is not there.

Conclusion: "Life Is Strange" on the PS3 does not support screen capturing. If you have a digital camera then my advice would be to use that instead, or, some other capturing device.

poisonlesson
5th Oct 2015, 08:19
I've contacted them again, asking if it's coded to allow screenshots. It's just a shame I have a Mac, otherwise I could load it up on Steam as well! I tried, by paying for it but using Steam through an emulator-type program to play Windows games, but it was laggy as hell. My Mac is old enough that it probably needs replacing, so no luck there!

I guess I'll just have to continue searching for the specific screenshots I want, or hope that someone around here would be kind enough to take them for me lol.