PDA

View Full Version : Why penalty for crashes?

LegacyOfKayn
30th Jul 2015, 20:15
As the title says,today my game crashed in a league game (and a cupple of times during the day on some TDM games),i rejoined imediatley but i still lost 14 points (and i played some games for thoese points),with the curent lag problems in nosgoth can u add smth so that we won't get the penalty if we join in thoese 3 mins or whatever the rejoin period is?
I'm sure the game will crash again with this lag and to be honest i rlly don't like to play 2-3 games for like 30 points (if i'm lucky) and loose 14 bcuz the game is unstable,if nothing is gonna be done soon at least postphone the leagues or smth...idk smth has to change.

pidden
30th Jul 2015, 20:56
The latest game i had was so laggy so i crashed to desktop (never heppend before).
Join back in and plays rest of match, we lost by a couple of points.
After match i saw that i lost 16 points, -2 for match loss and then its 14 left.

ooxtcoo
31st Jul 2015, 00:25
this penalty is a joke, realy it is!!!!

got crashed right now, restart nosgoth and cant enter for 5:50 minutes ?
what is this for?

i still have leavers on many many many matches but now i also get punished for crashes...

maybe atleast remove it when iam in the winner side...
i mean, we would have won this for shure... still getting penalty...

grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Kyuugg
31st Jul 2015, 05:24
Pretty stupid I agree. A game in beta will crash and getting punished for it is ridiculous. Just happened to me so needless to say I'm not to happy with this.

Farnbeak
31st Jul 2015, 06:02
Thats pretty weird that loss penalty -14 is not redeemed or overwritten with match result if you reconnect to that same game. I believe its not intended :D

Fist_Of_Theos
31st Jul 2015, 16:32
I think they should make it so when it crashes it doesn't penalize you only once per day. (so it doesn't have people alt f4-ing or ending tasks to get out of a penalty.) But when you leave it should give you a penalty for screwing over your team mates.

Master-Antonio
31st Jul 2015, 23:22
Yes.
I lost about 100 points in RANKED MATCH for this **** CRASH.
And i hate this stupid punishment and RECONNECT happens once every thousand years.

Remove this punishment for CRASH of GAME and CRASH of Connection.
Is no-sense in this cases, not the fault of the players, and you will ruin the standings/rankings in this way.

LegacyOfKayn
1st Aug 2015, 08:55
Or at least fix that damn lag and freezes,thoese r the main problem now.If the game won't crash then the penalty will be for leavers...or even if the crashes will still exist they won't be so often.

LegacyOfKayn
2nd Aug 2015, 07:41
Last night my game crashed 2/3 games and the 4th was a loss...i wanted to make a post about it right then and there but i tought to myself is better if i do it this morning when i'm calm otherwise it would've been e very...interesting post.
The game is crashing more often now,so far i got only 1 crash during my ranked games,last night as i said got 2 crashes in 3 games...no need to say i lost more points than i made,i don't have time like others to play the whole night for points,i play like 5 or 6 games and then i go out and to get 2 crashes in thoese games...sry but that's not ok,any news on any fix for this?

Kootkha
2nd Aug 2015, 09:12
Hi , again.
I found this option complete useless. I crashed today about 3 times in 2 hours, playing with my friends. And all the way I was not able to reconnect to my mates. It's always get next player into the battle, before my client relaunch.

Elfenwahn
2nd Aug 2015, 22:40
The same here. The clients crashes again and again and I am not fast enough to reconnect. Either someone else joins earlier or he "can't find the server". And then I have to wait for 10 minutes to play again...

At least it should not block me for 10 minutes when I was not able to reconnect! It should recognize that I at least tried to reconnect.

Oh by the way... successfully joined the same match 10 minutes later... and crashed 3 minutes later again... and again not able to reconnect. I was not able to find the server.. .again...

KaininitePriestess
5th Aug 2015, 07:16
Ryan has been replying to another thread about this, actually, they're working on it right now. I understand the frustration, but they're trying to fix it, so hey, no biting the hand that feeds us. :p

Quayym
5th Aug 2015, 22:02
I just crashed 2 times, I immediately tried to reconnect. First one worked, second one not. Not even 20 seconds has passed, I were replaced and got a 10 minute ban. The more development is made the more people get the feeling of how NOT to do... It actually works. And please don't tell me you didn't thought of this fact. *working on this* is no excuse, since this is a total expectable result of your development...

lucinvampire
6th Aug 2015, 12:48
Why penalty for crashes?

I’m sure the devs once mentioned somewhere (sorry I can’t find it atm, it was a long time ago so not sure if it’s changed since) that they cannot 100% differentiate between the two, anyone can pull out their modem and claim they crashed just to get out of the match.

If the re-join featured works 100% then obviously if they don’t rejoin then they probably rage quit, if they try to and it for some reason doesn’t work or the spots filled then it’s clear they crashed, let them play, don’t punish.

LegacyOfKayn
6th Aug 2015, 13:39
Then here is a solution:after someone disconnects from a game (crash or leavea it doesn't matter) lock that spot for 1 min so that he will have time to rejoin (i say lock it cuz someone may just get into that game before he gets a chanse to reconnect).
As for the penalty,don't take his points right away,only after the 1 minute passes.

lucinvampire
6th Aug 2015, 14:33
Then here is a solution:after someone disconnects from a game (crash or leavea it doesn't matter) lock that spot for 1 min so that he will have time to rejoin (i say lock it cuz someone may just get into that game before he gets a chanse to reconnect).
As for the penalty,don't take his points right away,only after the 1 minute passes.

If your computer locks up or your router randomly has a fit then you no way can get back within a min…but yeah giving it a time limit would make the difference for the leaver/crasher…

BUT if it is locked for a min the next issue would be that the remaining team members would not have a filled slot in that team resulting in them not performing as a 4 player team would (e.g. probably a loss unless someone sits out) so the rest of the team are technically being punished in a way for the leaver/crasher.

It’s really tough so I can see the problems with it all, I personally think the penalties are too much atm, should be dialled back a bit.

LegacyOfKayn
6th Aug 2015, 19:51
1.It usually takes about 1 min till someone joins so that isn't rlly the problem but i understand what u mean...maybe 30-40 sec then?And the players can just hide till he gets back.
2.The penalty isn't much,i find it to be ok for a leaver,but not for someone who crashes,that's why i suggested not to loose ur points if u rejoin and the main problem for that r the crashes,if the crashes r fixed should be ok.

Master-Antonio
7th Aug 2015, 00:36
The solution is simple.
To find out if the game crashed just check if the game is open.
If is open , give punishment.
If isn't open, mean that game is crashed, for this dont give punishment.
Also if we reconnect in the match, there is punishment .
Why? Because counts as a new game.
With RECONNECT there should not be punishment.

pidden
7th Aug 2015, 07:22
Had fifth gamecrash yesterday so i lost another 16 points.
Now i have lost over 100 points due to crashes so im on break now until a patch comes along with an fix.
To bad all the other games are so boring compared to Nosgoth, but with my anger management issues its expensive with all the crashes.

Da_Wolv
7th Aug 2015, 07:47
The solution is simple.
To find out if the game crashed just check if the game is open.
If is open , give punishment.
If isn't open, mean that game is crashed, for this dont give punishment.

Nope. I had my router go bye-bye twice yesterday. So my game didn't crash, but my internet was cut off.

The solution is even simpler!
Lock players out of the queue until their game has ended and penalize them when the game ends and they are not there.
This is gonna be still bad for people that crash right before the end, but its a better alternative then whats going on right now.

Vampmaster
7th Aug 2015, 09:22
I don't know why clicking the quit button can't just send a message to the server saying "I quit on purpose" or that the game can't recognise that the player is no longer logged into steam (The game can show when friends are logged in, so I'd assume that was possible) or acknowledge the player tried to reconnect, but couldn't. People are always going to slip through, but it's better that a small number get away with it than a large number are punished unfairly.

lucinvampire
7th Aug 2015, 12:19
Nope. I had my router go bye-bye twice yesterday. So my game didn't crash, but my internet was cut off.

Was this your SP or do you think it was the game? I've found only when in Nosgoth/Steam my router randomly gets shut down.

Flopster
7th Aug 2015, 18:23
Thanks for a great game but due to the current state of the game and it crashing and freezing up ,then me getting time banned for abandoning match when i didnt , im done , its happened 3 times today and its beyond a joke , if your going to bring something like this into the game make sure your game is stable enough to handle it first .

its a pity something so simple is going to wreck this game as i see im not the only one with this issue , but i refuse to spend any more money on a game to be banned lol

KaininitePriestess
8th Aug 2015, 03:32
You know, the game is in a beta state right now. This is the point when these things need to happen. We're the ones who are testing the game to make sure these things don't happen.

Sure, it's infuriating as sin, yes, but that's why I don't throw too much of a tantrum when things crash. If it happened like this in the alpha, I'd be a raging a bit more, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and just ride out the storm until it's fixed.

Psyonix_Ryan
8th Aug 2015, 05:47
We are working to address the outstanding crashing and freezing issues and are amending the penalty for leaving until we resolve it. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=160375)

Rago600
8th Aug 2015, 07:36
TBH i love this Topics ^^
First everybody was crying about that there should be a Penalty, now that you have it, many People dont like it.

That aside, The Leauge is in a testing Stage especially nosgoth it self.
I think this Game has High Ambitions (Price Money ect.) But yes i still Love this Game since i joint.
I also found another Bug, but its in since the Scout Class is in and when im feeling like it, i will also report it, someday ^^

Flopster
8th Aug 2015, 19:36
You know, the game is in a beta state right now. This is the point when these things need to happen. We're the ones who are testing the game to make sure these things don't happen.

Sure, it's infuriating as sin, yes, but that's why I don't throw too much of a tantrum when things crash. If it happened like this in the alpha, I'd be a raging a bit more, but I'm trying to keep an open mind and just ride out the storm until it's fixed.

This game has been out for nearlly a year and i would say its beta stage is nearlly over , games like this and americas army proving grounds have been hanging on to the "beta" title for far to long and using it as an excuse for all the bugs in the game , this game is a great game and still needs work that much everyone agrees on , but one thing is for sure no matter what stage this game is in when you take peoples money they deserve to play , they do not deserve to sit waiting 10 mins at a time for something that is a dev problem not theirs .

KaininitePriestess
8th Aug 2015, 23:35
Unfortunately, the topic of funding for games by AAA studios is something else entirely. But when you joined this game, you did so under the knowledge that it was a beta and that it was still buggy. If it were a stable, perfect release, they would have said it was no longer in beta. You paid money knowing it was a beta. They never hid the fact.

Heck, I've paid money lots of times. I understand the irritation. But seriously, it's called beta for a reason. They aren't just using the word as an excuse to release a terrible game. Who would even do that?

Flopster
9th Aug 2015, 04:24
Heck, I've paid money lots of times. I understand the irritation. But seriously, it's called beta for a reason. They aren't just using the word as an excuse to release a terrible game. Who would even do that?

Inever once called this game a bad game ive always maintained its a great game , but to say this game is still in beta is just rubbish , no game in beta spends so much time building a league and not fixing bug , a game in beta fixes game mechanic bugs first , glitches and so on , and a league comes later ......?

riccetto80
10th Aug 2015, 07:58
TBH i love this Topics ^^
First everybody was crying about that there should be a Penalty, now that you have it, many People dont like it.

there is almost in every match terrible lag, lag spike in the first minut and at least 1 or 2 player who crash duo the lag spikes...

the reconnect button work sometimes and sometimes not work.

of course in this condition the penalty not work as intended, and no one is happy about.

We are working to address the outstanding crashing and freezing issues and are amending the penalty for leaving until we resolve it. (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=160375)

thanks, you have just a 7-10 days delay in apply this simple temporary solution...

LegacyOfKayn
10th Aug 2015, 11:26
Speaking of temporary solutions,here's one that MIGHT fix your crash problems:
Disable every visual effect possible in your video settings and what u can't disable simply move from Quality to Peformance.
Also don't froget to disable Anti-Alias and Vertical Sync.
That worked for me,i get no more crashes,as for the lag spikes there is no solution for that yet (or at least not that i'm aware of).

Gobledigmus
10th Aug 2015, 14:07
Another thing I experienced today is that my game crashed and I wanted to reconnect like everyone else.
It wasn't a league game, so when I tried to reconnect it said something like 'couldn't reconnect, server is full'.

The reconnect-function doesn't make sense if anyone else could join and take over my place immediately while I get kicked out of the game by a crash.
I suggest that a player should only be able to join for another one when it's obvious that the other one doesn't reconnect.
For example after a certain amount of time when the player who left the game still didn't reconnect.

That was just awkward. Especially because I tried to reconnect right like seven seconds after leaving the game and I still got the leaving penalty, just because another one entered the game right when my game crashed.

KaininitePriestess
10th Aug 2015, 17:34
Inever once called this game a bad game ive always maintained its a great game , but to say this game is still in beta is just rubbish , no game in beta spends so much time building a league and not fixing bug , a game in beta fixes game mechanic bugs first , glitches and so on , and a league comes later ......?

You have to keep in mind, they aren't working on only one thing at a time. That would take far too long. They have multiple people and/or multiple teams working on multiple things at one time, and once something is finished, they implement it. The bug is a recent thing, only caused after the Leagues beta was implemented, and they had to put the Leagues out into testing to find it. And guess who the testers are. We are.

Yeah, sure, they'll make sure that it's working before they implement it, but that would mostly be making sure it starts up and doesn't just completely break the entire game upon startup. I'm sure they didn't catch it because they didn't feel the need to play an entire match to completion to ensure that it worked. Start it up. Start a leagues match. Get put into the match. Get into the match. Move around and make sure the guns are firing and the claws are slicing, and then go "Ok, good, looks like it's working! Let's set it up and get to working on Items-XYZ." That's where we come in. We play it, try and finish matches, and then have the bugs come up. We go AHHHOMG WHAT HAPPENED EVERYTHING IS RUINED OMG I HATE THIS GAME RAWR RAWR RAWR! and they go "AAAH CRUD. Ok, what's causing that? Jerry, are the servers not getting a good connection?" "Lemme check on it!" "Frank, is there something with the leagues causing a graphical bug that crashes the system?" "I didn't see anything like that, but I'll check again!" "Ruth, is it maybe because the system that monitors the scores isn't working right with the system that records the rankings and is melting down?" "Lemme check, hold on!" Everyone goes to their respective roles and checks their different things. Sometimes it's more then one thing, across multiple departments, and they have to get together and go "welp, we found this issue, but it looks like it's part of this system, can you confirm this?" "We found an issue with this, it looks like it might effect that. What do you need from our system to fix it?" "Let's try this and that and then put this in there instead and see how that works!"

And you can just imagine how much time this process takes. Therefore, Beta. These things would already have been implemented in a fully released game and therefore wouldn't be having these issues. It's not just a word that's thrown around to excuse bad coding, it's a word that's thrown around to show that hey, this game isn't finished and there will be bugs because we're still making it and you're our testers, but we're letting you play it and enjoy it instead of sitting and running repeatedly into a wall over and over and over again for 4 hours straight to try and make the architecture clipping fail and then file a bunch of paperwork to show what happened and how you got it to happen. Which is how the old beta-testing used to work.

KaininitePriestess
11th Aug 2015, 17:15
TY. :) Sometimes I think maybe people aren't aware just what goes into game development, so I figured it would help to try and spell it out, 'cause what seems like common knowledge and common sense to me obviously would be completely new stuff to other people.

This is the entire reason that those fangames, Prodigal Son and Blood Omnicide and a few others, are still unreleased. They're mostly done by one or two or three people on their own in their free time, and making a game likes these is really, really heavy work.