PDA

View Full Version : thought your rank in league wasbasedon your performance

-Brawn-
30th Jul 2015, 20:12
This obviously isn't true. I had 2nd highest score on both teams combined, the highest score on my team but my team lost. I slid from 21st to 33rd. so no matter how good i do if my team loses i lose rank?

LegacyOfKayn
30th Jul 2015, 20:23
Yes,o think the devs already said that personal performance doesn't count,and to be honest i couldn't agree more.
I saw alot of players with like 4-5k dmg but with like 10 kills or so and ended up having a high score and they said they carried the team (i'm not saying this is the case here,maybe u aren't like that).
This system descourages players to kill steal from others and makes them focus on team play,the win is what matters,not personal performance.

-Brawn-
30th Jul 2015, 20:37
so ranking isnt based on your skill but on your LUCK in matchmaking then

just played another 1. 1st on team and enough damage to justify my final blows, 3rd overall and slid down to 44 now. team lost

xNarcissusx
30th Jul 2015, 21:38
Well it does go both ways. Besides you also have to consider that your performance will always be better, the worse your opponents are. So even then it's "luck" based. Sure it's not always fair but it's almost impossible to make it fair and keep the wait times as low as possible. Sure maybe you should also take into account how good the opponents are when determining how much points you should get but then you probably have a system that is 3-4 times more complex.

-Brawn-
30th Jul 2015, 21:51
Actually im looking at it as if i get teamed up with 3 people who has less than 100 hours play time between the 3 of them then we will prob lose. And for the record, im not whining or trolling. just trying to understand. I love Nosgoth and think its the best pvp game ever created. I really like siege mode. Think they are calling it flashpoint now. I would like to see that become permanent.

OK i just played another game. Placed 1st on my team and lost. had a team member rage quit during match and my rank stayed the same so i guess i don't understand how ranking works

riccetto80
30th Jul 2015, 22:51
Yes,o think the devs already said that personal performance doesn't count,and to be honest i couldn't agree more.

No, they say so for normal deatchmath, for ranked they never say this, ans is write: LEAGUE SOLO SERIES

in a solo series i expect to be my solo performance to be take in account to move up[ or down in rank... seems is not like this, this plus many match 3 vs 4 plus the mathmaking totally trandom, make also the lague basically random and not about SOLO at all, this is stupiddddddddd, really im tired to lost rank when we lost but i have 25.000 dmg and the other 3 have 6/12.000

plus you loose rank even if you manage to be competitive in a 3 vs 4, this is insane too... if a team of 3 manage to make suffer for vitory a team of 4 dont need to lose rank, damn.

take a look to the rank, the higher one are also the player with the highest number of match done, this what mean? is not about skill is about how many random match you play, lol

Well it does go both ways.

yeah is both way random, this not means is good if is both way, like this the rank mean nothing, not mean your skill, mean only your luck about good or bad matchmaking, or to have or not a leaver in the team...

-Brawn-
12th Aug 2015, 23:43
well i have lost my eternal rank. Had enough teams full of noobs with less than 20 hours play time and enough disconnects to push me outta eternal rank. guess my matchmaking isnt as lucky as others are. Really need to segregate the league based on player level. Just played one, had positive k/d ratio ended up with over 20k damage. 1st on my team but my team is full of noobs and we lost. lets notget started on the noobs that use thier abilities to steal kills from thier teammates instead of using them to get thier own kills. i lost 14 points despite my performance. if these problems arent fixed then the tournament in October is gonna be a disaster. The lucky will win and the skilled will get screwed.

just played another 1. 1st on my team, positive k/d ratio, over 30k damage. all noobs on my team so i lost another 14 points. league is a joke. i cant wait till its over.

GenFeelGood
13th Aug 2015, 03:12
It is a bit odd that you are individually ranked, but that rank is impacted by your team's overall performance in a match and not your own. Perhaps they could take your place in the team rank into account to minimize the score loss, for example: 4th (last) loses the full 14 points, 3rd loses 11 points, 2nd loses 8 points, and 1st loses 4 points?

-Brawn-
13th Aug 2015, 18:26
It is a bit odd that you are individually ranked, but that rank is impacted by your team's overall performance in a match and not your own. Perhaps they could take your place in the team rank into account to minimize the score loss, for example: 4th (last) loses the full 14 points, 3rd loses 11 points, 2nd loses 8 points, and 1st loses 4 points?

But what about when you outscore everyone, stats and score, including the other team and still lose? or outscore/stat most everyone except say 1 or 2 people on the other team?

GenFeelGood
13th Aug 2015, 21:15
But what about when you outscore everyone, stats and score, including the other team and still lose? or outscore/stat most everyone except say 1 or 2 people on the other team?

So what if you are? Ranked revolves around a team challenge, if you are still on the losing team then you have lost, no score comparison will change this fact; but since our team's overall performance is what effects our rank, our performance within the team could be factored when it comes to what points we should win or lose.

-Brawn-
13th Aug 2015, 21:44
so then we get back to luck of matchmaking again

IKathaarI
14th Aug 2015, 08:06
It doesn't encourage teamplay it simply encourages luck.

Honestly your rank should be factored by the same things that factor your 'score' at the end of a match, AND if you won/lost. It's a freaking SOLO QUEUE, why should my rank be solely determined by my team's performance?

BlitzingLlama
14th Aug 2015, 18:57
It's all tied to MMR I believe. It's the same for everybody, not just you and me. The only advantage that people had here was when the duo queue's were allowed.