PDA

View Full Version : Do something for ranked leavers!!!

Predyz
30th Jul 2015, 17:40
It's just ridiculous...

You ban them for 10 minutes? Penalize them for 14 points?

They just don't care a ****!!!!!

They log into a ranked, they give 10 kills to enemy team, and they leave.

Happened in 6 matches out of 7 from Yesterday.... noobs just don't care about leagues, and 10 minutes ban.

So, reconnecting is possible for those who crash, then give a 2 hours ban for a ranked leaver and stop this stupid mess.

Thank you.

Ygdrasel
30th Jul 2015, 17:52
They just don't care a ****!!!!!

That...Isn't how that's said...

Two hours seems a bit much. What would that achieve that a half hour or one hour wouldn't? And if these 'noobs' really don't care about leagues anyway, how would changing the penalty matter at all (this question assumes the leaving penalty is separate between regular online matches and league, ignore if not applicable)?

Predyz
30th Jul 2015, 19:03
That...Isn't how that's said...

Two hours seems a bit much. What would that achieve that a half hour or one hour wouldn't? And if these 'noobs' really don't care about leagues anyway, how would changing the penalty matter at all (this question assumes the leaving penalty is separate between regular online matches and league, ignore if not applicable)?

This is fast explained:
If you give an advice stating "10 minutes ban and -14 points penalty" in the bottom left corner no casual player will notice it.

Definition of casual player? That player that logs in the F2P game he just downloaded (cause it's free...) and hit the first play button he see... casually it's the League button.

They don't even know the difference between a reaver and a tyrant, so they don't care about a 10 minutes ban. They log, suck and leave.

And normal players like me, near top gold ranking in first League test (of course no prizes that time...) now are put in bottom bronze cause 70% of League matches ends 2vs4 with awesome scores...
And of course now i can't regain much positions cause i have a life to bring on... but it's okay, normal players are penalized, casuals can do whatever they want.

Ygdrasel
30th Jul 2015, 19:11
>normal players

I must have missed the memo where the hardcore gold-rank crowd is 'normal'.
And logically, gold wouldn't be all that impressive anyway if it's just the 'normal' rank...So you're not losing much.
Still not sure how two hours would make them care much more than a half.
The leaving penalties have bigger problems than the timing in any case.

Duelshock
30th Jul 2015, 20:13
Something should at least be done to keep the game even. In a game like this where the difference between a 4v4 and a 3v4 is huge, there should be some compensation either ingame or in league score for the team with a leaver. Maybe force a player on the full team to sit out and rotate the sitting player every few minutes. Or just give no ranking penalty if your team had a leaver that never returned and you lost. It's pretty unfair to punish the rest of the players who stick it out when people on their team leave.