PDA

View Full Version : Couple o' suggestions (& DLC?)

LordBattleBeard
30th Jul 2015, 08:05
My main suggestion and biggest critique would be to link to this community in the game menu. Not as an indirect reference as the third suggestion (behind Twitter/Facebook) on the games newsfeed.

I get that social media is the new 'in' thing that all brands want to use to promote themselves on but beyond news, updates and promotional material, it doesn't provide a suitable outlet for community or discussion.
It's not possible to have a coherent discussion on these platforms like you can on a forum. I know, totally retro, but if it works..

It's a bad show when a subsection on the Steam community forums has a more buoyant community for the game than that of the games official forum.

I'm not anti Twitter or Facebook; I use both, but they have their purpose. Link to them both and this forum in the game menu and let the user decide.

People who want to check for updates, leave a quick comment or talk nonsense about what condiment to use on their crumpets can use Twitter to their hearts content. Likewise, those who want to discuss the game with other players will know where to find the forum.

Besides that, there isn't a great deal I'd have changed about the game, what with it being one of the best experiences I've had in a game for a long time..

Multiple choice for how Max replies to text messages would have been a nice touch. Not as a way to change the games outcome or flow but as a way to see varied dialogue with characters depending on the reply you chose. Or even a few optional ways to initiate a conversation yourself via text. I would have liked to have wished Kate well in the hospital before waiting for her to text me (shame on you Max!). A possibility for DLC perhaps.

ScottBlows
31st Jul 2015, 08:58
Hi there,

I'm really keen for the official forums to grow, I make sure I promote them via our social channels as I love reading all the theories and discussions posted here.

We are actually working on a brand new official forum and it looks great! I'm looking forward to sharing more news on that as soon as I can :)

LordBattleBeard
1st Aug 2015, 08:53
Hi there,

I'm really keen for the official forums to grow, I make sure I promote them via our social channels as I love reading all the theories and discussions posted here.

We are actually working on a brand new official forum and it looks great! I'm looking forward to sharing more news on that as soon as I can :)That sounds great. I'll look out for that! :D :thumb: