PDA

View Full Version : U are punishing ppl for leaving leagues and your game is bugged

JebaoVasnick
29th Jul 2015, 18:38
Me and 7 other ppl got punished because nosgoth got bugged and could not move pass the class selection we all got stuck and had to leave match.

Nosgoth already has low number of players, so think better !!!

Scourgefrost
30th Jul 2015, 05:16
Their punishment system is **** along with the new win system, nobody is going to level one side if they start on the other first. I say they do need to think better. a 10 minute ban are you freaking serious? we're here to have fun not get punished by the creators because we d/c or have to put up with someones **** and want to leave because of their harassment. its not punishment for the team with one less person because the other team notices this and has someone sit until another person shows. not to mention the fact that we play to have fun even if somebody drops they don't need to be punished for it especially a 10 minute ban Jesus Christ! the 2 minute ban was fine but this? I may as well give up on this game. This is not a good way to get more people to play the game, its mean't to be about fun, not punishment think on that.

Ygdrasel
30th Jul 2015, 06:37
we're here to have fun not get punished by the creators because we d/c or have to put up with someones BS and want to leave because of their harassment.

It's not intended to punish the teams. It's made to punish the leaver.

"IT'S MEANT TO BE ABOUT FUN!" People ditching out of matches and throwing teams off-balance isn't very fun. And if you're here to have fun, stay in your matches (even if that means enduring 'harassment'). No punishment.

They absolutely need a way to differentiate disconnection issues from active leaving, and ten minutes is entirely too much, but the system otherwise is fine. I'd cut the time to five, maybe three. That plus the other consequences (gold, XP, etcetera.) works out fine.

As for the **** of lousier players, that's just a point toward Nosgoth needing an ignore feature.

riccetto80
30th Jul 2015, 11:07
10 minuts basically mean "dear player, close nosgoth and play another game" lol.

Sasha_Vykos
30th Jul 2015, 11:15
I agree: 10 minutes penalty at this stage of the game (unbalaced games most of the times) is a bad idea.
Worst thing is that in ranked match if you remain 3 vs 4 u have two options: stay in the game and loose badly cause 3 vs 4 is senseless to play and u can't even have fun OR u leave the match and you have to wait 10 minutes.
These are bad options in any case.

The main problem imo is not the penalty itself but the timing of its introduction.. this can be an helpfull thing once the game is stable (crashes are still occurring quite often) and balanced, but not now.

Vampmaster
30th Jul 2015, 11:26
Nosgoth needs a karma system for determining duration of punishments.

Da_Wolv
30th Jul 2015, 11:53
Nosgoth needs a karma system for determining duration of punishments.

For one, I would just like to see a pause vote and maybe dont give people double penalty for rejoining a loosing game?!

EDIT:
Please fix the reconnect.
It should reserve the spot for at least a minute. I crasehd multiple times already and can't rejoin coz lobby is full, and then I get to wait another 9 minutes...

riccetto80
30th Jul 2015, 12:07
you masochist? play another game! the only way to revert such idiotic penality system is they see a drop in player base/match played.

Screwby-Dew
30th Jul 2015, 12:08
It should reserve the spot for at least a minute. I crasehd multiple times already and can't rejoin coz lobby is full, and then I get to wait another 9 minutes...

I agree with this, I support the leaver penalty but you should be able to rejoin for 1 or 2 minutes.

xNarcissusx
30th Jul 2015, 17:54
Guys don't forget that a lot of people were arguing that 3 minutes was not enough of a punishment, and there were people who were probably even against the 3 minutes which is essentially nothing. So Psyonix isn't all to blame here, although crashing+10 min ban kinda blows I guess.

Either way you have to let there be testing for things like this. Then it would be a good idea for them to make a poll about whether or not an idea was good or bad and that people actually partake in such things.

Drewpk
30th Jul 2015, 18:23
I wholeheartedly agree with the 10 minute penalty. I think the fact that you cared enough to come post on the forums means that it is working as intended. The penalty HAS to be harsh, or no one will care. (3 minutes? come on that was doing nothing) I have only had 1 leaver in all of my ranked matches so far.

There is no fair way to handle this situation. Please understand that. Even if you make it so it can tell if you "crashed" people can still cheat the game into thinking it crashed meaning that there will always be abuse of the system.

The only thing I want to make sure is fixed is the reconnect button. It's there, but was broke before. Not sure now with leagues beta? I haven't disconnected or crashed and I certainly don't leave games.

Ygdrasel
30th Jul 2015, 18:51
There is no fair way to handle this situation. Please understand that. Even if you make it so it can tell if you "crashed" people can still cheat the game into thinking it crashed meaning that there will always be abuse of the system.

I think the fact that you cared enough to come post on the forums means that it is working as intended.

In all fairness, I think maybe you need to understand something: Allowing abusers to shape the game's mechanics is the worst possible thing you could do as a game developer. "Some jerks will abuse it otherwise!" is just plain garbage reasoning for punishing hapless disconnect victims. No fair way? Maybe. But it's definitely much closer to fair if mere disconnects don't result in punishment when no transgression was actually committed.

Overall fairness at the cost of a few bad apples maybe sometimes slipping through the cracks by 'cheating' the game.
Harshly and unjustly punishing people who do nothing wrong definitely, all the time just for the sake of plugging those small cracks.
Which is the more just system?

He cared enough to post here because the system screwed him for nothing. If that's the system working "as intended", its intent is awful. And that very sentence is awful because it suggests quite heavily that you didn't properly read his post. He didn't come yelling "I deliberately left a match early and screwed my team over and was punished for it!" so this very obviously is not a case of the system doing its intended job.

TheDreamcrusher
31st Jul 2015, 06:13
I jumped in for a few games yesterday and I didn't get through 3 complete matches. One game played fine, 2 were having frame freezing for 5-6 seconds about once a minute, and the other 3 or 4 games I got into hard locked my PC, meaning I had to hit the power supply switch and restart.

I still got the 10 minute ban (and I'm guessing the MMR penalty) with no chance to reconnect. I don't know what patch starting giving me these issues because I've been away a while, but it sucks to get hit with that ban while I'm waiting long periods of time to find games. I got my most recent video card drivers and will see if tonight is any different.