PDA

View Full Version : Patch Notes - 29th July 2015

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 14:30
League Rankings Beta

The League Ranking Beta starts today, and will run from July 29th through August 24th, from 10am – 8pm PDT each day.

A party option has now been added, allowing you to queue up with a friend for League matches. It isn't enough to make full premade teams, but enough to play with a friend who'll have your back (2 player party).
The League Rankings logic and back-end have been tweaked further, based on our Alpha 2 test.
League Placement now includes a minimum number of points, so leaving or losing a game after placement will have an impact.
Placement will put players between Silver II and Bronze V in the leagues.
General bug fixes to improve League Rankings.

League Rankings Beta Rewards

The following rewards are available and will be given out at the end of the Beta, depending on the rank you reach, and maintain:

Players finishing the Beta season in the Eternal tier will receive 4 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
Players finishing the Beta season in the Blood tier will receive 3 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
Players finishing the Beta season in the Gold tier will receive 2 chest keys and an exclusive Hunter Skin.
Players finishing the Beta season in the Silver tier will receive 1 chest key.
For completing 5 ranked matches, all players will be rewarded with a player banner.
For competing in any ranked matches, all players have a chance to collect ranked-exclusive Occult item drops.

Leaver Penalty

For the League Ranking Beta, we have adjusted the Leaver Penalty. Quitting out of a match in progress now results in:

A 10 minute ban from matchmaking.
The match will count as a loss.
You will receive the maximum League Point loss.

Scoring UI

The Team Deathmatch round end screen has been updated to emphasize that the game is won through cumulative score, instead of the previous emphasis on each round win or loss.

Spectator Mode

More information from the game exposed to spectators, such as the scoreboard, player health etc.
Spectator player view has a far more accurate camera, particularly for other players.
Removed player view from Noscam files; this was done to reduce the network usage of the game.

Daily Rewards

Daily rewards has been updated to allowing you to initiate the reward spin, instead of automatically spinning

Store

We have added new tags to the Runestone section of the store that promote the "Best Value" and "Best Seller" packages.

Known Issues

Some players may very rarely get stuck in a a synchronization screen indefinitely when going in the Leagues from the main menu. Please report it to us on the forums if you experience this bug.
Closing the Daily Rewards window by clicking the x button will have it disappear until you reboot the game client.
Australian players can be matched with European servers, causing higher pings. Please let us know if this happens to you.
Player avatars may not always display in the League statistics menu.
Leaver penalty in-chat warning is not localised into French and German.
If your "Reconnect" option does not work after a disconnect, please report this on our forums.
One message is shown in debug text in-game and in the menu.
The "Play ranked match" button does not respond if the Series starts as the game session is open. Please find a match through the "Online" tab, or restart your game client when this happens.
The Crucible map can cause FPS drops on some configurations, and video memory errors. Please report your system specs to us in the forum if this happens.

Zarxiel93
29th Jul 2015, 14:39
I hope I can get that skin, I really want it :S

troublemak9r
29th Jul 2015, 14:50
hey nice guys, im really happy about that party function :P

Gugulug5000
29th Jul 2015, 14:53
So if I play with a friend, do we have a team ranking, or will we have our own individual rankings?

FireWorks_
29th Jul 2015, 15:48
Spectator mode and noscam changes sound very promising. Hope it plays out to be great. So it allows the viewer to get insight on the decision process of the player etc. Health, Cooldowns and Ammo would play a role there.

Known issues section and advice how to proceed. This is actually really great. I tip my hat.

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 16:05
Nosgoth is coming back online now! If you aren't prompted to download the update yet, please try restarting Steam.

Due to some issues with Steam a little earlier, it may be slow prompting the download for you.

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 16:10
We're now out of maintenance!

http://i.imgur.com/kTo31NF.gif

BLIZZ3D
29th Jul 2015, 16:18
we can't join the game...
http://imgur.com/22ObmUa
http://i.imgur.com/22ObmUa.jpg

Louves
29th Jul 2015, 16:21
Same error here. My client version is 150724.114470 after I downloaded the patch.

blackberrygoo
29th Jul 2015, 16:21
we can't join the game...
http://imgur.com/22ObmUa
http://i.imgur.com/22ObmUa.jpg

im getting the same issue, cant join either . Viles validated and steam restarted to no avail.

SquirtleAttaX
29th Jul 2015, 16:24
You seriously picked the best day/timing for the patch... ESL in ~ 40 minutes and Nosgoth still not working.

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 16:27
We're aware some players are getting an error about accessing the build. Please try restarting Steam for now, but we're checking into it.

The Steam downtime may have impacted this since we were updating the build at the time, but we're checking what's happening and getting things back up and running.

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 16:28
You seriously picked the best day/timing for the patch... ESL in ~ 40 minutes and Nosgoth still not working.

Our League Rankings Beta was due to start today, and that requires a patch, I'm afraid. It was unavoidable from our side.

SquirtleAttaX
29th Jul 2015, 16:29
We're aware some players are getting an error about accessing the build. Please try restarting Steam for now, but we're checking into it.
Restarting Steam doesn't work.

Da_Wolv
29th Jul 2015, 16:29
This is why you don't patch 20 minutes before ESL is scheduled to happen.

Louves
29th Jul 2015, 16:31

Some Players = all

k0MMb0
29th Jul 2015, 16:31
Hi guys, yep same message here , waiting....

Captain3009
29th Jul 2015, 16:32
Just restart steam and still the same error. :(

UPDATE: ok, it's working again, thanks. :)

http://i45.photobucket.com/albums/f86/Captain3009/2015-07-29_00001_zps4rxapbdd.jpg

Toadzillasenpai
29th Jul 2015, 16:33
Feel the wrath of the ESL players psyonix :cheek:

Louves
29th Jul 2015, 16:34
Alright, it's working again, just in time :)

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 16:36
The issue with build access should be cleared up now. Please try restarting Steam first, but you should be able to get in the game now.

Da_Wolv
29th Jul 2015, 16:36
Got it to work again.
Wether or not restarting Steam helped I cannot say, but I cant hurt.

k0MMb0
29th Jul 2015, 16:40
Restart steam and solved here.

Darkrami
29th Jul 2015, 17:30
hope this time i can play the league -_- i ve been talking to the costumer support and still no reply for a fix of the problem preventing me from playing the league nor create a private match -_- ... i ll test and see

J_Walker
29th Jul 2015, 17:40
First league match joined:
Huge Freezes,Fps Drops,Crashes,people left,3v4;Got punished for being crashed,Used reconnect button and still got punishment,after match ended.
Last Sunday ESL got postponed for server problems.
What's going on? Really.
I'm playing this game since the first day and I can't accept that is going like this.
I really Hope that at least freezes and crashes are gonna be fixed very very soon.

Grisamentum
29th Jul 2015, 17:55
I keep getting this error message saying "An error occurred while updating Nosgoth (content servers unreachable)". I've closed & restarted Steam numerous times...d'you know what the problem is?

malgaa
29th Jul 2015, 18:22
So ESL Summer League Finals are happening right now and my game won't update. 2nd cup in a row screwed due to problems?

FireWorks_
29th Jul 2015, 18:25
My first match (league, EU) had many lag spikes for all 8 players on the server across the whole match.
Second had only one big spike.

SonixSquad
29th Jul 2015, 18:37
So ESL Summer League Finals are happening right now and my game won't update. 2nd cup in a row screwed due to problems?

Log out of steam and then log back in again - I had the same issue and then the game updated itself.

Saikocat
29th Jul 2015, 18:37
For the download issues, some of our team are seeing this happening on other games at the moment, indicating it's part of the wider Steam issues happening at the moment. That's if your download is getting stuck (that comes via Steam), or you get the content servers message. Hopefully that'll smooth out now, I'm seeing a few reports that it's improving on their side so keep trying.

Re: performance:

Are you seeing worse performance with this patch, compared to for instance what you were getting last week/earlier this week?

xSanBro, things that will be helpful to get from you would be a dxdiag file, and two log files:

Launch.log - which can be found in C:\Users\XXX\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs
ph.log - which can be found in \nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs\Phosphorous\ (actual file path depends on where you install your games)

You can email me here: nosgoth (at) square-enix.com

FireWorks_
29th Jul 2015, 18:38
It got to the point where I cannot play anymore - really. I had lag-spikes/micro-freezes since the last patch. (You can either cry about them or just continue playing). From this patch I didn't really expect to fix them, but making it worse? I shouldn't be surprised I think.
Now, I get freezes of literally 2 seconds (no joke). I don't know what's going on in the game half of the time.
This game runs on the UE3 engine - at lowest settings on my PC - but is still outperformed by trippleA titles on max settings running the CryEngine. How?
Please rework your priority list. I know game design is an iterative process and you want to push features to test and improve them, but it's just getting worse and worse. Everyone I know turning their back on the game did it because of performance.
If there is anything I can do to help fix those issues (supply log files, system specs, a gift basket) I am happy to do so - Would that help?

If you look at the last section of the patch notes, they ask you to provide your system specs. Id do a DxDiag and send it per email to Saiko.

Edit: Ok, she was faster:)

Had another match where all 8 players were having lag issues. Seems like a server issue.

Observation:
1st and 3rd game had 1-2 players with pings above 100. All players had problems.
2nd match went smooth, all players with "green" pings.

GenFeelGood
29th Jul 2015, 19:17
Big Thumbs Up :thumb: for giving Daily Rewards a start button, no more looking at frozen blur and only getting the bottom of the barrel prizes.

xNarcissusx
29th Jul 2015, 19:44
The performance is horrid right now. Lag spikes, sound disappearing (basically sounds like someone is using microphone without anyone doing it). Hit reg is awful but probably connected to the lag spikes.

On a bright side I've seen 3 people be able to successfully reconnect. So there's always that.

FireWorks_
29th Jul 2015, 20:02
Haha I just have to share this (lagging is all game. not the video recording):

This looks like a massive FPS drop (Freeze). Lag would be a network issue. Did other players on the server have similar problems?

Guardian1uk
29th Jul 2015, 20:07
Since this patch, keep getting a game freeze/hard lockup for a few seconds and then it clears, so far EVERY SINGLE league match I've been in so far it's happened.
Just hope people playing against me have been enjoying the free target...

Also add in misses where on my screen I can see a hit has definately landed on the human in front of my but I get no sound to show I have done so and also no damage, latency wise doing a ping test to google shows a latency of 42 even with the game open in the background and steam while using this web browser.

Da_Wolv
29th Jul 2015, 20:39
Still no ability to buy stock abilities and weapons?
:worship: P L E A S E

EDIT: My team and I are also getting the 1 freeze per match!

xNarcissusx
29th Jul 2015, 20:51
Lag would be a network issue.

Latency is a network issue. Lag does not have to be due to high latency or packet loss. It can just as well be client side issue, like a processing problem. I mean you can even say someone is lagging behind if you're out running, it's just a term to imply someone/something is falling behind.

Now these spikes we have ingame seem to cause multiple people at the same time so probably some serverside issues.

FireWorks_
29th Jul 2015, 20:52
Played another match. Total lag fest again. All good pings so scratch the high ping theory.

But again, when asked, every player on the server acknowledges the issues.

Latency is a network issue. Lag does not have to be due to high latency or packet loss. It can just as well be client side issue, like a processing problem. I mean you can even say someone is lagging behind if you're out running, it's just a term to imply someone/something is falling behind.

Now these spikes we have ingame seem to cause multiple people at the same time so probably some serverside issues.

I agree with the server side issue. However, before the term lag got modern for everything not going as planned, its technical meaning in software development was and is: issues related to networking.

Shikei001
29th Jul 2015, 21:04
I can confirm the micro freezes (is 2 second freeze still micro ? O.o), and major fps drops (befor 100+ now 48 and on some maps below 30^^). Gonna send my files to support now^^
But not gonna lie.. performance wise this patch is horrible...

Not sure if I want to play ranked like this...

Edit: Just tested in sommerdamm no matter which video settings I choose (performance, quality, etc.) I get always the same fps 32-34 (without anything happen^^ just standing there^^ again normally i have 100+ xD ).

J_Walker
29th Jul 2015, 21:23
Another thing I don't like:
I just joined an unranked.Insta-Logged into a lost match.
Why do I have to play a 2-23 started match?Let's try to get a new fresh game.
Warning:
You got penalties,10 mins in matchmaking ban,and match counted as a loss.
Is this a joke?
I rejoined the game,played it ,lost it obviously.

So what now?
You can't join solo unranked cause of the possibilities that you get into a lost match again,without even playing it?
I don't see so much way out,I'm losing my interest to this.
You better do something about this now.
We already lost Thousands of players,and we keep loosing ppl.
We can't play Publics / Ranked /ESL /Private lobbys /Scrims without get at least one of those things I mentioned in my previous post.
We can't Pay the Bills for the ones who leaving those matches.
I'm not mad,I'm just frustrated cause I wanted this game to have a huge community,fairplay,and so on,But this is only going to a Dead end.
I hope You got my point and take care of this particular thing.

xNarcissusx
29th Jul 2015, 21:59
I agree with the server side issue. However, before the term lag got modern for everything not going as planned, its technical meaning in software development was and is: issues related to networking.

FPS lag is just as acceptable when it comes to the "technical meaning", and that is not related to networking, rather the processing. So no not all lag is due to networking. But this is really side tracking from the issue.

lucinvampire
30th Jul 2015, 07:57
Removed player view from Noscam files; this was done to reduce the network usage of the game.

:( I’m very sad now…I know it helps for network usage but it’s naff if you want to record videos.

riccetto80
30th Jul 2015, 11:16
this patch is a mess, each damn game when start, not immediate but usually during first fight terrible lag at point you see all like a slideshow... and often (not always, but often) 1 or 2 player crash (duo lag i presume) and get offline together... EACH GAME i play since the patch, this happen.

Not only, the 10 minuts penality work very good, as 3 of my 6 match was with leavers, lol.

but i cannot blame the leavers, most of match was stomp, in one we win first round 30-3...

ok the first 5 match are to assign the player to different league, but damn, use the info you have from normal matchmaking to balance a little this match, too.

SquirtleAttaX
30th Jul 2015, 11:31
I'm really concerned about the leaving penalty. All in all it's a great idea BUT there are a lot of problems with it. This morning I had someone leaving the lobby in a normal (unranked) game and he got punished for it. I'm not sure if this is intended but I guess not.http://i.imgur.com/6N6qU2k.jpg

xNarcissusx
30th Jul 2015, 11:53
I'm really concerned about the leaving penalty. All in all it's a great idea BUT there are a lot of problems with it. This morning I had someone leaving the lobby in a normal (unranked) game and he got punished for it. I'm not sure if this is intended but I guess not.

While it does say people get punished for leaving a lobby I saw no effects of it in the unranked lobby. It didn't lower the score for league (at least not when checking score right after) and you are able to search for a new match right away. As for ranked I assume it also has no effect as I've seen the same person do it two, three times for the same lobby. So it might not be a pressing issue that needs a hot fix this week, but it does need fixing soon, due to being misleading.

Saikocat
30th Jul 2015, 13:33
Thanks for all the info, everyone. We'll investigate these further.

For the lagspikes specifically, if it happens to you can you let us know which server it was on? That's displayed in the TAB (scoreboard) screen, in this format: EU123456

Screwby-Dew
30th Jul 2015, 14:20
For the lagspikes specifically, if it happens to you can you let us know which server it was on? That's displayed in the TAB (scoreboard) screen, in this format: EU123456

Hum I can't tell any specific server but I played around 20 games since yesterday and it happened in every single game, every single one.
Therefore I'm pretty sure it's not related to some specific servers but ALL of them.

Shikei001
30th Jul 2015, 16:19
For everyone that is experiencing fps problems, I can highly recomment the fps config from john ;)
Pushed me from 30-40 fps to 60+, only on really rare occasions I get below 60 now...

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149175&page=3&p=2128232#post2128232

I just used the BCMPSystemSettings file (ignored the rest).

The only things I changes was the resolution, poolsize (see README) and turned the fullscreen off.

EDIT:
It seems that my fps are not "always" fixed... Can't explain why tho.... Since I don't change anything..
But I had multiple games were I was back at my bad 30 (sometimes even lower) fps.
I looks like this problem is not dependent on my systemsettings...

lucinvampire
31st Jul 2015, 12:32
Sope got to play and...

-Lots of people pinging across the map in match (lag spikes).

-FPS/performance seems to have once again gone down the pan, sitting at 35, it was about 45-50 before this patch.

One message is shown in debug text in-game and in the menu.

Just to confirm is this the message in the chat that states you get the 10 mins leaver penalty, when you're in an unranked match?

R3dLine237
5th Aug 2015, 04:18
Love it when i get a crash and wanna reconnect and it gives me some sort of error which tells me i cannot reconnect and instanly get -14 points. Make a fix for the crashes and for the game to identiofy whether u quit or crashed, cause it sure as hell isn't the same thing. Having the crash is very annoying on it's own, having to lose points is unbearable and also being banned from the queue for 10 minutes cause developers failed is plain shameful. No fix in 5 days

Psyonix_Ryan
5th Aug 2015, 14:00
We understand your frustration with the reconnect issue. Please keep in mind that this is still just the Beta season for League play, and Nosgoth is still in development. We're working to address the issue soon but until QA checks the next build, we don't have an ETA.