PDA

View Full Version : Are they? *SPOILERS*

idanbb
28th Jul 2015, 21:57
*Already warned ya though,spoilerssssssss*

Can chloe possibly be dead?:(
I hope she ain't tho,'cause max has been through a lot to save her,multiple times,and yet,******** jefferson kills her,can't belive i trusted him......
What do you guys think?Can she be dead,will we save her in some way?Let me know pls.
TNX

T4cC0re
28th Jul 2015, 22:03
Wow.. I really didnt see that one coming... First Rachel dead and then Jefferson is a huge a-hole...
I really hope, that Max will be able to alter the past in EP5, as she did when she 'saved' William. I really dont want Chloe to be dead :(

Since Max shot a photo with Warren before the party, she might actually be able to.. If the gets out of the hands of Jefferson.. Oh man...

This is a huge clusterf**k....

Wambo_is_Strange
28th Jul 2015, 22:45
Well of course she is dead, you don't usually survive a bullet straight in your head.
The question should be, if Max will be able to go back and save her once again.

I'm very sure the answer to this will be yes.
It's not like there is any hard evidence out there yet but this death just wouldn't fit the way they deal with a main character.
It was to pointless, to fast, involved no choice or sacrifice, it basically just happened because they were to careless.

That's also why I didn't really feel sad, shocked yes but not sad.
If one or more endings will involve Chloe's final death, it will be more emotional just like the ending of the alternate reality.

The ending of Episode 4 just felt to artificial and shallow to be the final death of our beloved Chloe.
I would be really disappointed if this really was her final death and I'm confident Dontnot won't disappoint us with this aspect :)

Bropdox3000
29th Jul 2015, 04:19
I thinl Max escapes the junkyard and asks Warren for his Drunk selfie with him before entering the vortex club party, and she uses her powers to travel to the time of that picture and tries to save Chloe, but probably instead of Chloe, Max end ups dying or something like that.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 12:15
I thinl Max escapes the junkyard and asks Warren for his Drunk selfie with him before entering the vortex club party, and she uses her powers to travel to the time of that picture and tries to save Chloe, but probably instead of Chloe, Max end ups dying or something like that.

The teaser "shows" her in The Dark Room (she's begging Jefferson to let her go), so it's highly unlikely that she escapes the junkyard. She might escape the dark room (with some help) and then get the selfie from Warren.

julietxjules
29th Jul 2015, 13:21
You can rest assured that in the current timeline of events Chloe is deader than dead. A bullet to the head is not conducive to one's good health! It shouldn't come as too much of a shock really - Chloe has been escaping the clutches of death since the very beginning, but in this case the Grim Reaper has finally found his mark!

But that is not to say that what is done is done. We have all come to learn that things are never that permanent in the Arcadian universe and a way can be found around anything.

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 13:29
But every of Chloe's deaths was easily avoidable and, ultimately happened because of her carelessness. It is starting to looks like she is not "marked by death" but just stupid.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 13:45
But every of Chloe's deaths was easily avoidable and, ultimately happened because of her carelessness. It is starting to looks like she is not "marked by death" but just stupid.

This brings to mind one of Juliet's early theories about the irony in Chloe's last name. It seems that she is marked for death (while I do have to disagree that they been carelessness). If not death, then something equally as terrible. There seems to be a mess hall of bad luck around Chloe (and you can argue that it's around Max as well) that, at this point (imho), it seems highly unlikely that Chloe will get her happy ever after. But yeah, as of this moment, Chloe is dead. But, as Juliet pointed out, things are never that permanent in Arcadia Bay (as long as Max is around and can rewind time).

Nox_Dogma
29th Jul 2015, 13:46
@Xeva-q
did you played "Life is Strange" episode 4 or another game?

...It is starting to looks like she is not "marked by death" but just stupid.
Chloe is faraway from stupid, i think you did not understand the "message" of EP4 -- or you to young to know how it feels when you lose a beloved person.

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 14:28
@Xeva-q
did you played "Life is Strange" episode 4 or another game?

Chloe is faraway from stupid, i think you did not understand the "message" of EP4 -- or you to young to know how it feels when you lose a beloved person.

I perfectly well know how it feels. Two of my friends commuted suicide. So, please, don't you dare explain to me what i know and what i don't know, okay?

It simply can't be consider as an excuse for being that stupid.

Faraway from stupid? Really? Well, that's heavy. Let's make a little countdown, shall we?

- First time she died when she tried to blackmail Nathan. What can be more reasonable than blackmail?

- Second time she died when she accidentally killed herself randomly shooting for fun.

- Third time she died when she lay down on rail track and placed her leg between rails. It is not just stupid, it is something that only complete imbecile would do.

- And finally, fourth time she died when she came on junkyard by demand of someone who murdered somebody in the past and clearly have a gun.

And if you see all this as reasonable behaviour... well, it is just sad.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 14:43
I perfectly well know how it feels. Two of my friends commuted suicide. So, please, don't you dare explain to me what i know and what i don't know, okay?

It simply can't be consider as an excuse for being that stupid.

Faraway from stupid? Really? Well, that's heavy. Let's make a little countdown, shall we?

- First time she died when she tried to blackmail Nathan. What can be more reasonable than blackmail?

- Second time she died when she accidentally killed herself randomly shooting for fun.

- Third time she died when she lay down on rail track and placed her leg between rails. It is not just stupid, it is something that only complete imbecile would do.

- And finally, fourth time she died when she came on junkyard by demand of someone who murdered somebody in the past and clearly have a gun.

And if you see all this as reasonable behaviour... well, it is just sad.

Where do you get that she accidentally killed herself randomly shooting for fun? I don't remember anything like that (though my play through might be a load more different than yours).

Also, while the text might have come from Nathan's number, we have no proof that it was Nathan that sent the text (considering the fact that Mr. Jefferson had injected Max with the drugs and was also responsible for shooting Chloe).

I wouldn't call Chloe stupid, just unfortunate.

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 14:58
Where do you get that she accidentally killed herself randomly shooting for fun? I don't remember anything like that (though my play through might be a load more different than yours).

Episode 2, if you shoot in bumper of a car.

Also, while the text might have come from Nathan's number, we have no proof that it was Nathan that sent the text
Yes, we have no proof. But Chloe, on the other hand have no doubt that it was Nathan. And so, she was fully aware of a gun.

I wouldn't call Chloe stupid, just unfortunate.
Well, i see nothing about luck in it.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 15:05
Episode 2, if you shoot in bumper of a car.

Then that's more on Max and [you as a player] than on Chloe. Remember, Max is the one that suggests using the junker as a target.

Yes, we have no proof. But Chloe, on the other hand have no doubt that it was Nathan. And so, she was fully aware of a gun. Not everything is at it seems in Arcadia Bay. We're all aware that Nathan has a gun, but there's also a book in his room [if you snooped around a lot like me. Hehe. I liked snooping in Nathan's room]. My theory about that is, yes; he has a gun, but he doesn't know how to fully use it [and that maybe either his father or Jefferson gave the book to him as a gift. Just a theory] [And right now your and my theory is just as good as everyone else's. It's all probable at this point].

Well, i see nothing about luck in it.

Like Juliet said in her theory about The Price's [and the saying goes] "Everything comes with a price." [Pun sorta intended].

We'll have to wait for another 6-8 weeks to see what happens, but I have a feeling that Chloe isn't going to stay dead for long.

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 15:19
Then that's more on Max and [you as a player] than on Chloe. Remember, Max is the one that suggests using the junker as a target.
Well, yes, i kind of agree with that. But it is can't eliminate three other cases. And even as a possibility the fact still stands - Chloe can shoot herself because she too careless.

Not everything is at it seems in Arcadia Bay. We're all aware that Nathan has a gun, but there's also a book in his room
Well, it is not my point. My point is: Chloe was sure that it was Nathan. Chloe knew as a fact that Nathan have a gun. Despite all that she still came to the junkyard without any backup. It does not matter was it really Nathan or not. Chloe is still stupid.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 15:27
Well, it is not my point. My point is: Chloe was sure that it was Nathan. Chloe knew as a fact that Nathan have a gun. Despite all that she still came to the junkyard without any backup. It does not matter was it really Nathan or not. Chloe is still stupid.

I do have to agree with that point. From the time she found Rachel's dead body, she became completely irrational. However, she did have a backup [not a fail-safe backup; considering the fact that Mr. Jefferson injected drugs into Max before she could use her rewind power], just not a backup for that backup. Plus, she didn't want to get the police involved [because the Prescott's pretty much run the town with an iron fist and have the police by their fingers].

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 15:33
From the time she found Rachel's dead body, she became completely irrational..
No, that's not it. Her behaviour does not changed at all. She always was like that. And this is exactly my point.

Alvare
29th Jul 2015, 19:36
Chloe was and will always be badass, reckless and ruthless. And she'll take the cozy chair to her home eventually in the real timeline. It's how she rolls.

Xabungle
29th Jul 2015, 21:40
I believe that Max can indeed save Chloe, but the cost to do this and fix everything may cost her life in return. Hope not but ....

DOS_SkywalkR
29th Jul 2015, 21:47
I didn't really care for the carelessness of both Chloe AND Max in the end of episode 4. They have been summoned there, and Max just walks bakwards without looking behind her? At that moment even bevore you saw the syringe I already knew there was somenone behind her.

Also I find the ending of episode 4 pretty much a letdown. The cliffhanger of the last one was great, also because it was clear that Max would change realities again to how they were. But this one with yet another death of Chloe that has no weight to it and happened out of carelessness seems just like a cheep thrill to mess with the players. I love the game and Dontnod, also their previous game Remember Me, but at this point I feel like they just want to mess with us for the sake of it.

That's why I also believe that no matter the outcome, Max and Chloe are not gonna end up together (should you have chosen that path and ignored Warren). Maybe I am mistaken and Max actually manages travelling back in time to Warren's drunken selfie which would be great, but my guess is that as soon as Max knows all the puzzle pieces, she gets a possibility to go as far back as saving Rachel Amber so that Chloe and Rachel end up together.

Sonny_Crockett
30th Jul 2015, 05:39
I guess she is, at least I noticed a headshot, and there's no turning back from that OBVIOUSLY lol, and Max gets the injection so she can't do anything about it, but as they said above, Chloe's death was kinda unavoidable one way or another, but I didn't expect that to happen, at least not there. I believe (and probably all of us did) we all were expecting Nathan to be there and not the professor.