PDA

View Full Version : Episode 4 General thoughts (Spoilers, duh!)

WazzuMan
28th Jul 2015, 11:18
Forgive me, for I'm still recovering from the emotional rollercoaster that is Episode 4 of Life is Strange. First off let me just say, wow, that was a very eventful episode, and not one dull moment. There is just so much going on but it's hard to focus on anything besides the final few minutes of the episodes.

WARNING: EVERY POSSIBLE MAJOR SPOILER FOLLOWS!
I'll try focusing on the high points for me:

- The alternate timeline was an interesting and heart-wrenching experience. It is such an amazing sequence and a great way to begin this episode. I hesitated for a moment but I knew in my heart Max needed to honour alternate Chloe's final request. RIP Blue angel.
- That moment when Max sees the blue hair... Priceless (pun absolutely intended and I'm surprised I didn't think of it myself)
- Way to make me (and Max) feel bad for David. Really thought he needed a good kick to get himself sorted but I didn't think siding against him would escalate things so quickly.
- Kate!
- Samuel is wise, enough said. Also my favourite little squirrel buddy is back again! Yay!
- I admit it, I am kind of warming up to Warren now. Don't get me worng, I still ship Max and Chloe and may very well throw time itself down the toilet to get those two together.
- Heart-to-heart with Frank, no rewind required. Feel pretty good about it.
- Felt like a real detective putting all those clues together though I couldn't figure that pin. Usually I'm good with numbers and patterns.
- Rachel Amber. Knew we'd find her this episode but not like that. That scene with Chloe was handle masterfully though, hit me right in the feels.
- May have rushed through the party a bit. My emotions were running a bit high and Chloe's sudden disappearance made it worse. Talked to a few people, and I actually enjoyed having a real chat with Victoria.
- Finally, that ending! Total gut punch. It'll take me days to recover. Honestly I'm not sure how I'll handle the wait for the next episode.
- Dontnot, nice redirect by the way. In the Prescott witch hunt I forgot about my greatest suspect and you actually caught me a little off guard with the reveal.

StrangerThanFiction
28th Jul 2015, 11:28
*Runs away from spoilers cause PSN hasn't released it in my region yet.*

spelmanchic
28th Jul 2015, 12:37
This episode really affected me. I am a grown woman. I had already figured out who drugged Kate. I am still sad this morning (Central time USA). Did I make the right decisions? I don't know anymore.

Alvare
28th Jul 2015, 13:09
This episode also affected me. Dontnod did a really, really good job this time.
Beginning made me almost cry, yes I can resist tears, then I had fear when the suspense kicked in, then I actually cared about all the other characters. Frank turned out to be an awesome guy. Every other character which seemed flat had now a little more depth added to them. I finally saw Kate again, smiling! Nathan turned out to be even creepier than I'd expected. When the song kicked in at the party; "GOT WELL SOON" I thought it was going to be epic.. and then.. the girls did something stupid, something I'd never do myself with a friend or anyone. Going alone by themselves to a abandoned junkyard to get killed. Chloe's death shocked me priceless and Max being a hostage even more. Now all I have left is fear.

And it's still awesome. So they've done a great job. Now a strong plot base is set up for the final episode. I just hope Max won't die. I don't want her to die as Chloe or Rachel. Maybe David can save her. He can find all the prove in the room upstairs..

Alvare
28th Jul 2015, 13:32
D@mmit.. this game. xD

gildedfeniks
28th Jul 2015, 14:09
He's gotta pay what he had done to all...

Alvare
28th Jul 2015, 14:13
He's gotta pay what he had done to all...
I really hope Max can do something about the current situation.
Don't want her to die by some crazy psychopath.

Kado55
28th Jul 2015, 14:18
I really enjoyed this episode, very eventful, little down time, almost in such a way I feel it was a bit rushed. My only big grip with it as of this time, after finishing it, is that I did not have the option to speak with Chloe and/or chloe's father about saving his life and the resulting car crash. I am ok with it being inevitable that he dies, but I just want to speak with them straight up about the option between him living and and her being paralyzed and him dying and her becoming punk. Like, it would have been cool for him to accept his death for his daughter and to have write a letter to her and Ms price about his decision to let his daughter have a turmoilous life but healthy and lively. If max wouldnt have the talk with them as the alternate present day, I would have loved to see her younger self sit down with the two and lay out the options and him walking out the door accepting his fate as Chloe cries, but when Max returns to the present she can give her the note from her dad from the alternate timeline and Chloe and max become even closer.

Alvare
28th Jul 2015, 14:29
I know, I'd be awesome.
But I don't think William would take Max seriously. Especially not considering her age and imagination.
And of course, ep5 would be bended even more. Could be broken up into two pieces, which would require Dontnod to make two episodes instead of one for the fifth.

Kado55
28th Jul 2015, 14:45
How would there be two? I'm not sure if your referring to alternative and original, but I was saying that the inevitable result of the conversation would still be William deciding to let himself die in the past via max to allow his daughter to have the life he wants for her. If they did it right I think they could have provided that closure and self sacrifice without creating so much of a difference for the 5th episode. Actually, im not even sure why chloes suicide in the alternate reality mattered as a serious decision if that alternate reality was erased, assuming it was erased. My curiosity is if the decision actually does effect something in episode 5.

Kado55
28th Jul 2015, 14:47
Also, max has proven her ability to manipulate time before, to max, so I hardly consider it a question of whether she would be able to convince William she can if she just showed him her ability for a moment.

gildedfeniks
28th Jul 2015, 14:50

Well if i my hunch is right even David can involved on our side. but definetely i really want to kill him for that shot also i bet david would too

FrananaVI
28th Jul 2015, 14:50
I love this game, but I realized that it's not the kind of game that gives you any joy at all. It's always suspense, anxiety, sadness, anger, and now that I've played episode 4.. I just want to throw up. All that emotion is just so overwhelming, maybe a little bit too overwhelming. Nevertheless, I still can't wait for the last episode.

The first few scenes with Chloe didn't leave me in tears, but it was really sad and I'm glad that Max brought back the old timeline. It was inevitable, her bringing it back, but with this game you never know. Killing William? Sad too, wanted to cry but it wasn't sad enough. David leaving just made me feel way more sorry for him. The last episode opened my eyes to his actual persona, and right now I identify with David the most because despite the fact that he has the best intentions for Blackwell, Joy, and Chloe, none of us really saw that and only saw him as a step-douche. His leaving them now leaves me wondering whether or not his staying would have prevented Chloe's death. Probs not.

The confrontation with Frank was alright, I'm glad he complied and the moment the girls had a lead to where Rachel was, I kept thinking "Call Frank!" Dark room scene was creepy af, it brought me back to all the movies and shows I watched where there was a secret room for the serial killers/psychopaths. FINDING RACHEL WAS THE WORST. I always thought they would make something up like 'oh she ran away cause she's pregnant with frank's kid' or if she was being stored somewhere, i always thought they would find her alive but in bad condition. Death was the last thing on my mind because the ending of episode 2 threw me off. I played it twice to get the dead Kate and alive Kate endings, and I didn't know if the books meant Rachel was dead or alive. but NOPE she's dead, and hey she was the deer all along.

I sped through the party. My heart was beating so hard, I could not have rushed through that party fast enough. Talking to Victoria, okay, that was the one sunbeam in the game. It felt like progress. And then it all crashed down in a flaming pile of rubble right when I got to the junkyard. I hate drugs more than ever now. Also Jefferson reminds me of bloody face. Btw, SOOO symbolic when Chloe died over Rachel's body.

Alvare
28th Jul 2015, 14:51
Also, max has proven her ability to manipulate time before, to max, so I hardly consider it a question of whether she would be able to convince William she can if she just showed him her ability for a moment.
True. Possibilities with this story are endless. Can't wait to buy the next episode. Tha grande finale :)

Well if i my hunch is right even David can involved on our side. but definetely i really want to kill him for that shot also i bet david would too
Most likely, or maybe the gun cliché.. where they'll fight with their hands and you'll have to grab the gun as fast as possible.

I love this game, but I realized that it's not the kind of game that gives you any joy at all. It's always suspense, anxiety, sadness, anger, and now that I've played episode 4.. I just want to throw up. All that emotion is just so overwhelming, maybe a little bit too overwhelming. Nevertheless, I still can't wait for the last episode.
Me too man.

The first few scenes with Chloe didn't leave me in tears, but it was really sad and I'm glad that Max brought back the old timeline. It was inevitable, her bringing it back, but with this game you never know. Killing William? Sad too, wanted to cry but it wasn't sad enough. David leaving just made me feel way more sorry for him. The last episode opened my eyes to his actual persona, and right now I identify with David the most because despite the fact that he has the best intentions for Blackwell, Joy, and Chloe, none of us really saw that and only saw him as a step-douche. His leaving them now leaves me wondering whether or not his staying would have prevented Chloe's death. Probs not.
That's good. David is a good guy. Chloe is.. was, really rebellious and reckless. All David was trying, was to protect her.

The confrontation with Frank was alright, I'm glad he complied and the moment the girls had a lead to where Rachel was, I kept thinking "Call Frank!" Dark room scene was creepy af, it brought me back to all the movies and shows I watched where there was a secret room for the serial killers/psychopaths. FINDING RACHEL WAS THE WORST. I always thought they would make something up like 'oh she ran away cause she's pregnant with frank's kid' or if she was being stored somewhere, i always thought they would find her alive but in bad condition. Death was the last thing on my mind because the ending of episode 2 threw me off. I played it twice to get the dead Kate and alive Kate endings, and I didn't know if the books meant Rachel was dead or alive. but NOPE she's dead, and hey she was the deer all along.
Yeah, really didn't expect it to happen. After reading all the conspiracy stuff on the internet I thought Rachel had the same powers and disappeared from the "real" timeline. It was all so morbid and scary. Jefferson is the real psychopath in the story.

I sped through the party. My heart was beating so hard, I could not have rushed through that party fast enough. Talking to Victoria, okay, that was the one sunbeam in the game. It felt like progress. And then it all crashed down in a flaming pile of rubble right when I got to the junkyard. I hate drugs more than ever now.
Haha, well, I did really like that epic song GOT WELL SOON. So I talked to a few npc's and watching some people party and having fun, not being aware of anything. But you can't blame the drugs.. it's the person that does this to other people that makes this whole situation bad.

gildedfeniks
28th Jul 2015, 15:02
Maybe, or maybe the gun cliché.. where they'll fight with their hands and you'll have to grab the gun as fast as possible.

Nah it is too cliché like you said but i think Max save herself via going to lighthouse as you see in the after game main screen the tornado was there waiting October (some links say but not sure though) to show us what will happen

gildedfeniks
28th Jul 2015, 15:05
Jefferson is the real psychopath in the story.

Like we still see that coming. No pun intend... oh max :(

FrananaVI
28th Jul 2015, 15:06
True. Possibilities with this story are endless. Can't wait to buy the next episode. Tha grande finale :)

Most likely, or maybe the gun cliché.. where they'll fight with their hands and you'll have to grab the gun as fast as possible.

Me too man.

That's good. David is a good guy. Chloe is.. was, really rebellious and reckless. All David was trying, was to protect her.

Yeah, really didn't expect it to happen. After reading all the conspiracy stuff on the internet I thought Rachel had the same powers and disappeared from the "real" timeline. It was all so morbid and scary. Jefferson is the real psychopath in the story.

Haha, well, I did really like that epic song GOT WELL SOON. So I talked to a few npc's and watching some people party and having fun, not being aware of anything. But you can't blame the drugs.. it's the person that does this to other people that makes this whole situation bad.

POint made, I hate Jefferson, Nathan, and every drug pushed now. Fictional and non. The whole NPC thing, okay I tried talking to a few. Courtney, Alyssa, that one guy who was seated next to the glowing box thing. But the effects of finding a dead Rachel were rampant, and I HAD to know how it was all going to end. Got my wish.

What's GOT WELL SOON? The song playing at the vortex club or the song playing in the junkyard scene?

Alvare
28th Jul 2015, 15:16
POint made, I hate Jefferson, Nathan, and every drug pushed now. Fictional and non. The whole NPC thing, okay I tried talking to a few. Courtney, Alyssa, that one guy who was seated next to the glowing box thing. But the effects of finding a dead Rachel were rampant, and I HAD to know how it was all going to end. Got my wish.
I understand. I must say I also didn't spoke to everyone and tried to rush through.

What's GOT WELL SOON? The song playing at the vortex club or the song playing in the junkyard scene?
The song that kicks in when you first enter the vortex club.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ReCdPcaDn4M
The video is about a robbery gone wrong when a young girl, (daughter of the family) hangs herself and dies in her room upstairs.
One of the robbers possibly saves/imagines her and freaks out, running away without the money or stolen goods.

Nah it is too cliché like you said but i think Max save herself via going to lighthouse as you see in the after game main screen the tornado was there waiting October (some links say but not sure though) to show us what will happen
Lol. That whole place, (near the lighthouse) is a boobytrap. With logs of wood rolling downhill and with whole trees and light house architecture falling down. It's a good place to use against an enemy.

Like we still see that coming. No pun intend... oh max
Now we have to wait for our redemption/revenge.

gildedfeniks
28th Jul 2015, 15:19
But about the fifth trailer, Alvare Maybe we will use the syringe to Mark before he can. But still we've got to wait for revenge.

blueangel4ever
28th Jul 2015, 16:49
I'm afraid that we can't undo what happened to Chloe at the end...
If we can't...There's only one way to end this game epically...
Max has to die too :( :( :( :( :( (but I'm a sucker for tragic endings).

What may happen, tho, and I sorta had this feeling all along, was that we are indeed in an "alternate" timeline already. It's hard to explain, but, is it possible that, as said, the game actually starts after this whole thing happened, at the lighthouse, and everything since has been Max trying to fix it? Maybe since it was such a difficult rewind for her (she had no pictures or nothing of the sort) she maybe lost her memory of what happened?

Also, this episode was EXTREMELY emotional. Remind me not to buy episodic games before the whole season is out next time (joking, Square Enix and DONTNOD, please, give us more, even without the characters we've come to love, I don't care, I just need more of your storytelling geniality!). And it was nothing like we expected, like, at all.

I always knew they'd come to break my heart into a million pieces at the end, but now...Now I know it's gonna be a billion. Episode five is definitely going to be another emotional rollercoaster...And I can't wait for it.

blueangel4ever
28th Jul 2015, 16:54
Further to what I just said, I just realized how bad this episode affected me.

I cried like a little girl at the beginning, and at the first Junkyard scene. I just wanted to hold Chloe so tight and never let go...
And then, the end came. I felt numbed. I literally did not feel anything when Chloe got shot... Until now, 20 minutes later... Finally I'm processing it... And now I feel like my heart has been broken into so many pieces that they can pass through a keyhole. The thought that I might not be able to go back is just... Holy ****...

SimseLaJepssimse
28th Jul 2015, 16:54
Can someone please Explain the ending of episode 4??? Nathan texting chloe and it's mr jefferson that kills her????? Wtaf???? I am so confused right now ..... Can i save chloe? What did i do wrong?!?!

spiderpity
28th Jul 2015, 17:13
after watch Chloe s death 2 times in the same episode, im starting to think her death its inevitable, also the ghost deer as Rachel soul was a great touch,i also think Rachel gave the powers to Max so she could save Chloe and make justice for her murder

blueangel4ever
28th Jul 2015, 17:19
Can someone please Explain the ending of episode 4??? Nathan texting chloe and it's mr jefferson that kills her????? Wtaf???? I am so confused right now ..... Can i save chloe? What did i do wrong?!?!

I don't think you can (tho I'm still kind of wondering if saving the blue jay would have changed anything...I didn't find it :( )

I'm pretty sure Jefferson (who I actually suspected, what with the whole photo thing and all that) is "mentoring" Nathan. IIRC there was an anonymous e-mail on Nathan's computer saying something of the sort, but Max deduced it was his father.

Also, remember episode 1, when Jefferson said he could "put anyone of you in a dark corner and capture you in a moment of desperation"? Oh wow...I hate that man now...I hope they give me the choice between killing him and going to the police...I'm going to kill him, with God, Rachel and our blue angel as my witness I promise you this, JEFFERSON IS GOING TO DIE :mad:

blueangel4ever
28th Jul 2015, 17:21
Something doesn't quite make sense here tho... How come they didn't kill Kate? She died in my canon, so I can't find out. :(
Anyone who saved her can help us here? Maybe she gave Max some clue about this on this episode?

Wambo_is_Strange
28th Jul 2015, 17:28
Further to what I just said, I just realized how bad this episode affected me.

I cried like a little girl at the beginning, and at the first Junkyard scene. I just wanted to hold Chloe so tight and never let go...
And then, the end came. I felt numbed. I literally did not feel anything when Chloe got shot... Until now, 20 minutes later... Finally I'm processing it... And now I feel like my heart has been broken into so many pieces that they can pass through a keyhole. The thought that I might not be able to go back is just... Holy ****...

Same for me, I also didn't really feel anything when she got shot.
This was just way to fast to process and it took some time afterwards to do so.
Even Max didn't really have a chance to process what just happened, I'm very curious about her reaction when she recovers.

I was sure Jefferson is involved in all this but I was not expecting him to be this cold blooded.
I thought he was doing this for the sake of art, still a very f*** up way to do this of course.
Now he seems more like a serial killer than just a very disturbed artist.

To be honest, I don't think Chloe's death will be final.
Just because of the way she died, this just isn't the death scene deserves (which sounds weird).
If they decide to take Chloe away in at least one possible ending, I'm sure it will be more like the final moment of the alternate timeline.
A lot of tears, Max telling her how much she means to her and a huuuuuuuuge hug of course.
Not just getting shot in the head because they acted too careless.
There will be a lot more sacrifice, choice and talking before this happens in my opinion.
So I think Max will go back and at least say goodbye to Chloe and not just fade away like this at this moment.

1. Nathan is still highly involved into this and some kinda assistant to Jefferson
2. Jefferson stole Nathans phone or faked the number to mislead Max and Chloe

I think there will be a way to (temporary) save Chloe.
Maybe she still is going to die but her death will not be this pointless and more of a sacrifice.

ZeGermanChloeFan
28th Jul 2015, 17:50
I would say that it could be possible to save Chloes life. Maybe if we get a picture of before the event, like Warrens Selfie or the promo picture with Max staring at her wall in her dorm room, that is one of the promo pictres of Episode 5.
There just HAS TO be a possibility to keep Chloe alive. as you can see in my name, she is the most important character in every game i've ever played. So much pain and loss and yet so much beauty and hope......How do they call it when you're a bit in love with a fictional character?
Well, all I want to say is that this Episode freaked me out, much more than the last Episodes. It has the perfect duration, the perfect emotional moments, the perfect story line. I would change nothing despite rescuing somehow Chloes life.
Thanks so much Square Enix and also Dontnod Entertainment. Oh no, now my tears come again...

Nox_Dogma
28th Jul 2015, 18:14
@ZeGermanChloeFan

das sehe ich genauso!
Warren wollte so dringend ein Bild mit Max das es durchaus denkbar (und sehr wahrscheinlich) ist das es in EP5 für eine Zeitreise herhalten muss.
Alternativ hoffe ich das wir alle so viele falsche Entscheidungen getroffen haben das keiner das "alternative" Ende von EP4 gesehen hat. (gibts wahrscheinlich nicht, wäre aber eine tolle Neuerung, siehe feedback & suggestions)

--
did somebody tried to go to the Junkyard without the gun?
is there an alternative ending for EP4? as i wrote in Feedback & Suggestions, we have actions and consequences, but no alternative "cliffhanger". thats not fair! i don't want to see that ending!

ZeGermanChloeFan
28th Jul 2015, 18:27
This was just way to fast to process and it took some time afterwards to do so.
Even Max didn't really have a chance to process what just happened, I'm very curious about her reaction when she recovers.

I was sure Jefferson is involved in all this but I was not expecting him to be this cold blooded.
I thought he was doing this for the sake of art, still a very f*** up way to do this of course.
Now he seems more like a serial killer than just a very disturbed artist.

Just because of the way she died, this just isn't the death scene deserves (which sounds weird).
If they decide to take Chloe away in at least one possible ending, I'm sure it will be more like the final moment of the alternate timeline.
A lot of tears, Max telling her how much she means to her and a huuuuuuuuge hug of course.
There will be a lot more sacrifice, choice and talking before this happens in my opinion.
So I think Max will go back and at least say goodbye to Chloe and not just fade away like this at this moment.

1. Nathan is still highly involved into this and some kinda assistant to Jefferson
2. Jefferson stole Nathans phone or faked the number to mislead Max and Chloe

I think there will be a way to (temporary) save Chloe.
Maybe she still is going to die but her death will not be this pointless and more of a sacrifice.

Can you tell me how you solved the situation with Frank? I gave him the money, but still Chloe shot him in the leg. But there must be a possibility to harm no one

Nox_Dogma
28th Jul 2015, 18:37
yes, there is a solution without harming Frank!
and you don't have to give him the money.

play the first time, then rewind.
let cloe throw the gun away
let Frank close the door
give him the money.. or not, its still possible for the "good" solution without giving him the money.(maybe you dont have the money)
give the correct answers!
for example:
you love dogs, you dont want to fight, you have to be always on his side and care about Rachel!!! ;)

Wambo_is_Strange
28th Jul 2015, 18:43
Can you tell me how you solved the situation with Frank? I gave him the money, but still Chloe shot him in the leg. But there must be a possibility to harm no one

I didn't stole the money, so this was not an option for me.
I managed to get him to hand over his information without someone getting hurt after a few rewinds.
You basically just need to pick the right answers, if he gets mad only once the situation will end in trouble.
Also I don't know if you can solve this situation peacefully if you harmed his dog in ep 3.

blueangel4ever
28th Jul 2015, 19:07
There just HAS TO be a possibility to keep Chloe alive. as you can see in my name, she is the most important character in every game i've ever played. So much pain and loss and yet so much beauty and hope......

I completely identify with this. It's incredible how they managed to get so many of us in love with that weird blue haired girl innit? Seriously, some stories stick with you for the rest of your life, and I'm pretty sure I'll be replaying this in one, two, five, ten years from now.

It's so weird, like, I know these are just characters in a videogame but...Good god, I'm insane. I can literally remember the first time my heart skipped a beat for Chloe, wtf right?

blueangel4ever
28th Jul 2015, 19:10

This makes a lot of sense, actually. I'm also expecting more, but tbh, i don't know what to think, hahaha.
God, I'm way too involved. All I know is I'm gonna be sobbing for days after episode five.

Also, awesome banner :)

MxMoondoggie
28th Jul 2015, 20:10

I think Mr.Jefferson is working for the family taking photos and Nathan's Dad has some creepy bondage snuff fetish. He was probably teaching his Son to do these things which sent him loopy but his Dad carried on because he wanted somebody to carry on his art. I think Blackwell is just in the Prescott's back pocket and used as a breeding ground for victims. But yeah Mr Jefferson is probably somebody they use as a pro to take the photographs for them of their victims. If he's into that stuff or he's doing it for the cash we'll have to see.

MoonieShallow
28th Jul 2015, 20:18
Guys. I just finished the fourth episode and I'm like WAOW.

I've seen everything you guys posted here, but hey, waow, I don't even know what to say. The only thing going though my mind is.. Well I don't fcking know ! There was just so much informations going through this episode !!! There's no way that I could resume it easily ! I mean ! WAOW GUYS.
Mister Jefferson is actually the most talented manipulator and douche-bag ever known, and accessory a psychopath, and people who were mean with Max turned out to be gentle ! This game is AWESOME ! Every single character is just worked and thought to have his own personality ! People you think that are complete *******s are in fact not that much ! Just like in real life, they got a hole personality and waow.
As the guy who opened this topic said, it was a rollercoaster of feels. I don't even know what to say. I knew it was a trap at the Rachel's body place, and I was sure it was Nathan the psycopath all along ! That's one of the biggest plot twist I've ever seen guys xD
It was awesome.
And how could I not talk about Chloe. First we rewind, do some **** then kill her (yes, it was her last choice, let it be, RIP), and then you get back, and then it's so sad (WILLIAAAM WHYYYY :((( ) and then Chloe is alive, and it's cool, but then- RACHEL IS DEAD. I so didn't expect that !!! I thought she was alive ! In sad conditions as you guys said it but alive ! And then and then, omg Nather is an ******* and then PLOT TWIST CHLOE DIES AND JEFFERSON BECOMES THE EVILEST PERSON IN THE GAME.
I didn't see that coming. I didn't expect anything of the episode 4, and it was beyond anything I could have possibly imagined. I don't even dare to think about how the episode 5 is gonna be.

I'm done guys. (Listen this music to see how much done I am : https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5FjWe31S_0g

Aneco013
28th Jul 2015, 22:10
My reaction after the ending was like: .................................

I have no idea if i should cry or be shocked or else. There's just... Nothing.
But lets start from the beginning. At first I cried because I saw Chloe in the wheelchair like this. Next i started to cry when I killed her, even though it was her wish. After this I cried because of the old Chloe in the normal timeline, and i was so happy to see her. In the barn and the room under it (I don't know how its called in english, my english is horrible :P) i was just scared. Then cried cause Rachel and stuff and Mr Jefferson just confused me. I spoiled myself (-.-) on a website by searching the combination for unlocking Nathans phone (I knew what it was but in Germany you write the date not like this: mm, dd, yyyy but dd.mm.yyyy, so i ws just confused) so I knew this has sth to do with Mr Jefferson. but holy crap I'm really ****ed up.
Chloe was my favorite character. Ouch that hurts. WAS...
I don't know how to feel.

And if you find any mistakes in my text, just correct me, i don't mind ;)

KiraS94
28th Jul 2015, 22:14
I just played thru EP4 and I've actually mixed feelings about the episode... I like that the story progresses, but I found it harder to relate to the main characters this time around, because they made so many (to me) irrational decisions, and I just didn't feel that I could meaningfully impact how the story unfolds. I had a strong emotional response to the first three episodes but I didn't really have any to the fourth, even though the events were maybe even more shocking than before, I just lost the suspension of disbelief.

I as a player would have at least tried to re-alter the past to fix the accident instead of just reversing everything like Max did.

I as the player would have wanted to prevent Chloe from having a gun... But no matter what I did, she always ended up getting a gun somehow. It's as if my previous set of decisions - and there are probably 4-5 decisions that impact this throughout the episodes - only govern *how* she gets a gun for the finalé of EP4, not *whether* she has one. So I just don't feel that those previous decisions carried any weight.

I as the player always thought that either Nathan is not at all the perpetrator, or if he is, he is being manipulated by someone more dangerous (wasn't sure if it's his dad, David or Mr. Jefferson). Yet Chloe and Max get all fixated upon him despite better judgement.

I as the player would have never gone out at night into the junkyard into an obvious trap set by someone who is likely armed, and clearly capable and willing to kill. If I had any shard of hope in the police, I would've gone to them; otherwise, who cares if evidence gets destroyed? If all I want is kill him, I don't need no evidence for that.

Sadly, it all kind of reminded me of those horror movies when the characters make silly decisions seemingly only to allow themselves to be separated / ambushed / hurt.

Anyway, looking forward to EP5 because I'm curious how the story ends, though after being a bit disappointed by EP4, I find the chances of a good coherent interactive story slimmer than after EP1/EP2 or even EP3.

Nox_Dogma
28th Jul 2015, 22:31
My reaction after the ending was like: .................................

I have no idea if i should cry or be shocked or else. There's just... Nothing.
But lets start from the beginning. At first I cried because I saw Chloe in the wheelchair like this. Next i started to cry when I killed her, even though it was her wish. After this I cried because of the old Chloe in the normal timeline, and i was so happy to see her. In the barn and the room under it (I don't know how its called in english, my english is horrible :P) i was just scared. Then cried cause Rachel and stuff and Mr Jefferson just confused me. I spoiled myself (-.-) on a website by searching the combination for unlocking Nathans phone (I knew what it was but in Germany you write the date not like this: mm, dd, yyyy but dd.mm.yyyy, so i ws just confused) so I knew this has sth to do with Mr Jefferson. but holy crap I'm really ****ed up.
Chloe was my favorite character. Ouch that hurts. WAS...
I don't know how to feel.

And if you find any mistakes in my text, just correct me, i don't mind ;)

the handy PIN is
month day
of his birthday, you can find that on the paper/clue -> august -> 08
so, if you read the clue correct, you have no typmistake in the PIN
in German:
einfach so abschreiben/eintippen ins Handy wie es auf dem zettel steht, Monat und Tag.
ich fand es allerdins etwas schwieriger rauszubekommen das es das Geburtsdatum ist,
hab natürlich erstmal viele falsche zahlen eingetippt :)
schade du im Netz suchen musstest, nimmt doch leider etwas den spaß.
eine deutsche Lokalisierung wäre schön gewesen (andere Sprachen natürlich auch)

Xeva-q
28th Jul 2015, 22:33
After this episode two main characters just disgust me.

Asking for someone to became a murderer with high probability of prison sentance - it is irresponsable and egoistical as it can be. True, you can say, that when someone pushed to they limits, it is hard to someone tell right from wrong... But the problem is, Chloe always was like this. It is like blaiming Max for her joint, but on the biggest scale. It is not like good person done something wrong because they was in pain and have no other choice. it is like an <censored> being an <censored>.

And Max not any better. When she realizes that saving William it is not an easy task she just say: oh, <censored> it. It is not like it seems impossible at that point. She could try again. And again. She can try different photos. Yes, it is hard. Yes, it is risky. But when someone can help their best friend only if it is easy and safe - they not exactly the best person in my book. I'd say they not a good person at all.

They both just not very good people. And that was just the beginning of the game...

There something complitely messed up about main characters. It always be there, but at this episode it became really twisted and ugly.

codemasher
28th Jul 2015, 22:37
I think Mr.Jefferson is working for the family taking photos and Nathan's Dad has some creepy bondage snuff fetish. He was probably teaching his Son to do these things which sent him loopy but his Dad carried on because he wanted somebody to carry on his art. I think Blackwell is just in the Prescott's back pocket and used as a breeding ground for victims. But yeah Mr Jefferson is probably somebody they use as a pro to take the photographs for them of their victims. If he's into that stuff or he's doing it for the cash we'll have to see.

That totally reminded me of "The Girl with the Dragon Tattoo", Sean and Nathan Prescott including Jefferson being Gottfried and Martin Vanger, Rachel as Harriet, Max and Chloe as Mikael Blomkvist and Lisbeth Salander. Ugh.

Given the fact that Max has some serious rewind powers, i still hope we get a happy ending somehow. I really do. However, everything is set for the worst possible outcome - please Dontnod, stop kicking us in the gut.

Nox_Dogma
28th Jul 2015, 22:46
Xeva i dont agree with you.
i think there are no good or bad persons in this game.
And thats it .. a game.
how many posibilities do you think they are to save cloe and her Father? a million ways?
do you want to try it over and over again ?
dont forget that somebody has do write this game, and thats no an easy or fast task.
we waited round about 2 month and that was a loooong time.
if Dontnod try all combinations of all possible situations the game will never been released.

but 1 point for you, the main charakters are more agressive like in EP 1-3. you can like it or not ^^

Bimelim
28th Jul 2015, 22:47
Im just thinking of the doe (rachel) in episode 2 at the junkjard she stand right next to where she lies.
Total mind****.. and now we know why max has said shes feelig like rachel is guiding them. Because she was that doe all the time.

Nox_Dogma
28th Jul 2015, 22:55
Because she was that doe all the time.
The Doe is Max's Spirit Animal.
Max and the Doe by JulietxJules (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=155348)

Xeva-q
28th Jul 2015, 23:02
i think there are no good or bad persons in this game.

I certanly do not sure about good persons. But it surely have some bad

do you want to try it over and over again ?
dont forget that somebody has do write this game, and thats no an easy or fast task.
we waited round about 2 month and that was a loooong time.
if Dontnod try all combinations of all possible situations the game will never been released.

If they can't resolve the situation they created themselfs without one of the main characters looks like a total <censored> - it is just a lazy writing.

but 1 point for you, the main charakters are more agressive like in EP 1-3. you can like it or not ^^

From the very beginning i thougth that both main characters full of <censored>. But i hoped that as story progresses their flaws would be pointed out. "Dark room" killed that hope. It is perfectly clear that creators complitely fine with thigs i see as flaws. And so, now i see whole strory as sick and twisted.

Wambo_is_Strange
28th Jul 2015, 23:26
I just played thru EP4 and I've actually mixed feelings about the episode... I like that the story progresses, but I found it harder to relate to the main characters this time around, because they made so many (to me) irrational decisions, and I just didn't feel that I could meaningfully impact how the story unfolds. I had a strong emotional response to the first three episodes but I didn't really have any to the fourth, even though the events were maybe even more shocking than before, I just lost the suspension of disbelief.

I as a player would have at least tried to re-alter the past to fix the accident instead of just reversing everything like Max did.

I as the player would have wanted to prevent Chloe from having a gun... But no matter what I did, she always ended up getting a gun somehow. It's as if my previous set of decisions - and there are probably 4-5 decisions that impact this throughout the episodes - only govern *how* she gets a gun for the finalé of EP4, not *whether* she has one. So I just don't feel that those previous decisions carried any weight.

I as the player always thought that either Nathan is not at all the perpetrator, or if he is, he is being manipulated by someone more dangerous (wasn't sure if it's his dad, David or Mr. Jefferson). Yet Chloe and Max get all fixated upon him despite better judgement.

I as the player would have never gone out at night into the junkyard into an obvious trap set by someone who is likely armed, and clearly capable and willing to kill. If I had any shard of hope in the police, I would've gone to them; otherwise, who cares if evidence gets destroyed? If all I want is kill him, I don't need no evidence for that.

Sadly, it all kind of reminded me of those horror movies when the characters make silly decisions seemingly only to allow themselves to be separated / ambushed / hurt.

Anyway, looking forward to EP5 because I'm curious how the story ends, though after being a bit disappointed by EP4, I find the chances of a good coherent interactive story slimmer than after EP1/EP2 or even EP3.

I kinda agree with you.
The ending of the alternate reality was way better imo and more emotional than the ending of the whole episode.
Not just because you had a choice but also because you had time to relate to their feelings.

For me the final ending was to fast and aloof to build up intense feelings.
Mainly I was just shocked because I didn't expect Jefferson to be so cold blooded (thought he was behind it though) but you could clearly tell from the beginning that something majorly bad is going to happen at the yard.
To me it also felt a little to artificial and forced that they even went there but it's not too unlikely either.

Both of them just lost their focus after finding Rachel dead which led to those irrational choices.
This is a behavior you can see quite often throughout people dealing with the death of their beloved ones.
Just remember Chloe blaming William and Joye for her suffering when they found the diary in the RV.
People tend to do extremely irrational things if they go through emotional trauma.
I mean Chloe didn't even care about the fact, there are two f***ing moons in the sky

You're completely right though, this made it way harder to relate to them throughout the episode.

Max should have done something about the way Chloe reacted to Rachel's death.
Maybe she thought it was pointless at some point and would make her even angrier (like when she kicked Max out of the car after she tried to talk her down) and therefore decided to just physically protect her instead of mentally.

As we all saw, this didn't work as planned.
I'm confident there will be a way to go back and to the right thing about Chloe in Episode 5.
So I'm also looking forward to it of course.

PHub07
29th Jul 2015, 00:29
Did anyone else NOT attempt to shoot Frank in ep 2....only to have him talk to you as if you DID pull the trigger in this ep? This is either a bug or an oversight as Max clearly admits to pulling the trigger.

Also...Nathan was suspended in my game....I am assuming your end of ep2 choice gets any of the three guys suspended meaning Jefferson, David, or Nathan. However early in ep4 when going through the garage it became clear David lost his job. Wtf? Why did David lose his job? Kinda wonder if thats another oversight because that was the first I heard of it in my game.

PHub07
29th Jul 2015, 00:32

Yup it seemed extremely dumb and honestly it surprised me because its the only thing so far in this game that seemed really flawed.

This extremely rich family with ties to everything has a kid who you now believe murdered your friend. So Chloe is out for blood.....it seems really out of place that Max is kinda like "yeah lets just go find him" when really there is no good way that is going to end AT ALL. Chloe is going to end up doing prison time if she seeks him out and kills him. Max should not have allowed this to happen.

ElShadow
29th Jul 2015, 00:40
I just finished Ep. 4...I swear if they dont bring Chloe back, I'll set Dontnod Studios on fire, I don't care if everyone in Arcadia bites the dust, just give me back my Chloe, she's died like 3 different deaths already :mad:
Otherwise I'll just have to get a Chloe cardboard cutout, kidnap Ashly Burch (might do this either way actually) and have her voice the cardboard cutout forever...

Did anyone else NOT attempt to shoot Frank in ep 2....only to have him talk to you as if you DID pull the trigger in this ep? This is either a bug or an oversight as Max clearly admits to pulling the trigger.

Also...Nathan was suspended in my game....I am assuming your end of ep2 choice gets any of the three guys suspended meaning Jefferson, David, or Nathan. However early in ep4 when going through the garage it became clear David lost his job. Wtf? Why did David lose his job? Kinda wonder if thats another oversight because that was the first I heard of it in my game.

Yeah I was confused about David losing his job too, I even went to the main menu to check if I had blamed him instead of Nathan in that save slot.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 01:52
I just finished Ep. 4...I swear if they dont bring Chloe back, I'll set Dontnod Studios on fire, I don't care if everyone in Arcadia bites the dust, just give me back my Chloe, she's died like 3 different deaths already :mad:
Otherwise I'll just have to get a Chloe cardboard cutout, kidnap Ashly Burch (might do this either way actually) and have her voice the cardboard cutout forever...

Yeah I was confused about David losing his job too, I even went to the main menu to check if I had blamed him instead of Nathan in that save slot.

Wells probably fired him after the fact that he didn't keep the rooftop doors locked. "Those are standard operating procedures."

On another note...I am a puddle of mush after this episode. I agree that it did go a little fast [but remember how many loose ends we have to tie up?]. For me; it left me an emotional mess. [I had a gut feeling that Jefferson was behind it somehow; and I literally screamed an expletive at my TV four times when I saw his stupid face! :mad:].

Is there anything that really shocked anyone in this episode? [In my save, Chloe killed Frank. (I didn't know that it was avoidable. I thought that, no matter what the rewind, he would still end up getting shot).] Will definitely replay in collectible mode tomorrow so I can get all of those photos.

ElShadow
29th Jul 2015, 02:59
I just really liked how they turned the tables in this episode, in the last episode we (the players) were given this sense of control and power, even Max herself says she "feels invincible", but in Ep 4. you realize you can't save William, you can't save Alt. Chloe, you can't do anything about Rachel anymore, and your powers fail you when Chloe gets shot right in front of you without being able to do anything about it; actually you know what? I don't like what they did, it sucks ****balls! xD
And about Jefferson, I had my eye on him since Ep. 2, right before Kate jumps (about the time Warren is doing his experiment) you see him talking with Kate in the hallway outside his classroom, but the conversation is almost ended at that point, if you rewind right there, you can hear the whole thing, and lets just say...he's a dick through and through.

Bropdox3000
29th Jul 2015, 04:16
Kate doesn't really help that much, she is just very thankful and happy again she looks better, and I think Maybe they didn't kill Kate, because they were olabning the suicide, i mesn, they drugged her and then Nathan (as an acomplice for Jefferson) made sure to bully her so hard so she commit suicide, so People dont get suspicious for another disappearing girl after a vortex club party, after all the rachel propaganda around the campus.
and i think People forget about Warren And Max selfie before entering the party, i think that pic is key for ep5

Bimelim
29th Jul 2015, 04:25
[QUOTE=Nox_Dogma;2142590]The Doe is Max's Spirit Animal.

I know.. but why does she appear in this scene?
It seems to be connected somehow. Or iam just overthinking it xD

ElShadow
29th Jul 2015, 04:49
It seems to be connected somehow. Or iam just overthinking it xD

Doen't think too hard about it....sorry, couldn't resist.

KiraS94
29th Jul 2015, 05:58
Both of them just lost their focus after finding Rachel dead which led to those irrational choices.
This is a behavior you can see quite often throughout people dealing with the death of their beloved ones.
Just remember Chloe blaming William and Joye for her suffering when they found the diary in the RV.
People tend to do extremely irrational things if they go through emotional trauma.
I mean Chloe didn't even care about the fact, there are two f***ing moons in the sky
Well, unluckily, I had some experience with emotional trauma in the past, some of my friends died young, even someone very close to me. It hurts and it most likely scars you for life. Yes you don't care if there are 2 or 3 moons in the sky. But you don't just go out to get killed either. And even if you want to... if someone is there who really loves you, they'll stop you.

Jdog0297
29th Jul 2015, 07:22
I'm wondering how Mr. Jefferson got that gun anyways. Either Nathan gave it to him and payed him to kill her or he is working for Nathan. That's my guess.

Jdog0297
29th Jul 2015, 07:44
Something doesn't quite make sense here tho... How come they didn't kill Kate? She died in my canon, so I can't find out. :(
Anyone who saved her can help us here? Maybe she gave Max some clue about this on this episode?

The Only thing Kate does is give Max Nathan's dorm room number

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 09:23

We have no proof that anyone but Rachel were killed. And, if Rachel was the only one who was killed the question is - why Rachel was killed?

ByouRei
29th Jul 2015, 12:36
We have no proof that anyone but Rachel were killed. And, if Rachel was the only one who was killed the question is - why Rachel was killed?

Hello i thinks. Ironically because Frank sell them "water" (in one of Nathan SMS). Then she wakeup.

Nox_Dogma
29th Jul 2015, 12:44
Hello i thinks. Ironically because Frank sell them "water" (in one of Nathan SMS). Then she wakeup.

i agree.
think about poor Lisa.

Xeva-q
29th Jul 2015, 13:21
By the way, there is a quote by Confucius, commonly used in Russia:

“The hardest thing of all is to find a black cat in a dark room, especially if there is no cat.”

Wambo_is_Strange
29th Jul 2015, 15:54
Well, unluckily, I had some experience with emotional trauma in the past, some of my friends died young, even someone very close to me. It hurts and it most likely scars you for life. Yes you don't care if there are 2 or 3 moons in the sky. But you don't just go out to get killed either. And even if you want to... if someone is there who really loves you, they'll stop you.

You can't make generalizations here.
Some people are more capable of dealing with it and others don't.
Some will become very silent and sad, others will become angry and careless.
Chloe has clearly an issue with her way of dealing with fear and bereavement.

Like I said, them going to the yard felt a little forced by the story but I just wanted to point out, that it's not to unrealistic either.
Max's reaction on the other hand was way more unusual than Chloe's but I already mentioned this in my first post.

RuleNumber6
29th Jul 2015, 16:00
Another stellar review for LiS. By the way, what did you guys think about the cork board scene? http://www.examiner.com/review/life-is-strange-episode-4-dark-room-ps4-review-mind-blown-again

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 16:13
Another stellar review for LiS. By the way, what did you guys think about the cork board scene? http://www.examiner.com/review/life-is-strange-episode-4-dark-room-ps4-review-mind-blown-again

I thought it was an interesting twist to the game. It made me feel like a full fledge detective. I was able to easily get it done in almost one go (took me two tries to get the last clue down. Also, the cellphone pin was a bit tricky, but at least there was the PUK number.) I enjoyed it, though I can see why not everyone would.

RuleNumber6
29th Jul 2015, 16:19
I thought it was an interesting twist to the game. It made me feel like a full fledge detective. I was able to easily get it done in almost one go (took me two tries to get the last clue down. Also, the cellphone pin was a bit tricky, but at least there was the PUK number.) I enjoyed it, though I can see why not everyone would.

Yeah it was definitely a fun episode, but the cork board stuff was meh. I should've checked out the PUK number first though lol, what was I thinking not doing that. Enjoyed the ending a lot though. Like the photo with the owl in the barn, cute lil guy.

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 16:22
Yeah it was definitely a fun episode, but the cork board stuff was meh. I should've checked out the PUK number first though lol, what was I thinking not doing that. Enjoyed the ending a lot though. Like the photo with the owl in the barn, cute lil guy.

I have to replay episode 4 in collectible mode so I can get all the photos. I think the only one that I got was the owl. :c.

I can understand you not liking the cork board stuff. I'm a big CSI fan (used to watch it a lot when I watched TV, also played the PC games. Frustrating at some points, but they were still fun games), so it kinda reminded me of a CSI puzzle. I'm such a nerd. :lmao:

RuleNumber6
29th Jul 2015, 16:47
I have to replay episode 4 in collectible mode so I can get all the photos. I think the only one that I got was the owl. :c.

I can understand you not liking the cork board stuff. I'm a big CSI fan (used to watch it a lot when I watched TV, also played the PC games. Frustrating at some points, but they were still fun games), so it kinda reminded me of a CSI puzzle. I'm such a nerd. :lmao:

That's a cool way of looking at it! Bet it was fun being a CSI fan :) We, my friend, are all nerds :D

Falcgun
29th Jul 2015, 16:50
I knew Mr. Jefferson was bad!! Who else here actually picked him out of the 3 with principal Wells. Be honest here :lmao:

StrangerThanFiction
29th Jul 2015, 16:53
I knew Mr. Jefferson was bad!! Who else here actually picked him out of the 3 with principal Wells. Be honest here :lmao:

I got Nathan suspended on two saves, and David fired on the last save. However, I had my suspensions on Jefferson since the end of Episode 2.

RuleNumber6
29th Jul 2015, 16:53

I had fleetly thoughts it would be Jefferson, but thought maybe even Chloe was more likely than Jefferson. I was way off. All makes sense now, but yeah that was a shocker!

ByouRei
29th Jul 2015, 17:50
i miss footprints and moon with #.
Personaly sometime i think Chloe is idiot. :) she act like that was a child play, nod deadly thing. But another look she is unlucky.
She Borow money for Rachel to runaway. Rachel cheat her with "banker".

ElShadow
29th Jul 2015, 18:32
Maybe this was mentioned before, but what do you guys think of the events at the end of each chapter (snow, eclipse, etc)?
I had the theory that it was the time lines sort of "converging", and with this chapter's dual moons it kinda makes sense, 'cause you can clearly see that one of the moons is fading in and out, and if you think about it every event so far could be attributed to something that could be happening at a different point in time in another reality: snow because of a different season, eclipse thanks to celestial bodies being at a different place in space at that time, dead whales because of a difference in tides (maybe?) and now an "illusionary" moon in a different position because...orbit xD
Idk, just wanted to point that out, feel free to call me out/correct me on this.

DOS_SkywalkR
29th Jul 2015, 22:09
Maybe this was mentioned before, but what do you guys think of the events at the end of each chapter (snow, eclipse, etc)?
I had the theory that it was the time lines sort of "converging", and with this chapter's dual moons it kinda makes sense, 'cause you can clearly see that one of the moons is fading in and out, and if you think about it every event so far could be attributed to something that could be happening at a different point in time in another reality: snow because of a different season, eclipse thanks to celestial bodies being at a different place in space at that time, dead whales because of a difference in tides (maybe?) and now an "illusionary" moon in a different position because...orbit xD
Idk, just wanted to point that out, feel free to call me out/correct me on this.

actually does sound very reasonable! you might be onto something.

my general thoughts on episode 4: Best episode so far, but like i said in the "is she dead?"-thread, the ending to me was a letdown and kind of ruined the episode for me, if not the whole game. like i said i think they just want to keep messing with us so my feeling is we are never gonna see Max and Chloe together, no matter what is gonna be changed or not. like i said there, the "best case scenario" is probably gonna be Chloe ending up with Rachel Amber in a timeline where Max went back far enough to save Rachel. I hope I am wrong though.

But as this ending with Chloe's sudden death I'm really not sure I wanne finish this game I loved so much until this point. I think I am just gonna google when it releases if it is possible to bring back Chloe with Warren's drunken selfy so she is back in the current timeline. If that is the case I am gonna play it, but everything else is gonna be a turnout I don't really wann see. might sound a bit brat-ish, but if the game strayed too far from the path it has been laying out so far it would just lose all my interest.

Draikin
30th Jul 2015, 01:00
Chloe X Rachel seems really unlikely. Even if Rachel ends up being alive at the end of the game somehow, she already had a relationship with Frank. And he needs her more than anyone. It also seems to me that Max has always been the person Chloe wanted to be with.

That said, I really do hope we can save Rachel. But it feels unlikely now. Saving her means another big reset that would invalidate our previous choices. Max seemed to have made the decision not to make that kind of change anymore...

Sneddonator
30th Jul 2015, 02:51
On a side note. It wont surprise me if that scene after the credits where the syringe is filled ends up being someone else in the dark room and not Jefferson. Perhaps Nathan finally cracking or his father and somehow Jefferson ends up incapacitated allowing Max to escape.

Sneddonator
30th Jul 2015, 03:11
Here is one more mind-f@&k to think about. What if the body they found is actually Max's. They didnt look at it properly and imagine the twist is that Rachel is alive and the intersecting time line comes to that point. We see the doe there because that is Maxs body after all.

ByouRei
30th Jul 2015, 03:27
On a side note. It wont surprise me if that scene after the credits where the syringe is filled ends up being someone else in the dark room and not Jefferson. Perhaps Nathan finally cracking or his father and somehow Jefferson ends up incapacitated allowing Max to escape.

Why you think is not Jefferson?
Edit:
Is Jefferson! Bow to mighty youtube. There is a reflection his face on table.

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 03:44
Is Jefferson! Bow to mighty youtube. There is a reflection his face on table.

:worship: :worship: YOUTUBE

Sneddonator
30th Jul 2015, 04:24
Yep. Missed that detail in the cutscene

StrangerThanFiction
30th Jul 2015, 04:26
Chloe X Rachel seems really unlikely. Even if Rachel ends up being alive at the end of the game somehow, she already had a relationship with Frank. And he needs her more than anyone. It also seems to me that Max has always been the person Chloe wanted to be with.

That said, I really do hope we can save Rachel. But it feels unlikely now. Saving her means another big reset that would invalidate our previous choices. Max seemed to have made the decision not to make that kind of change anymore...

Uhm....Slight problem. I'm pretty sure that (if we can save her) Rachel wouldn't be interested in Frank in my first save. Unless she's into dead guys.

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 05:07
Uhm....Slight problem. I'm pretty sure that (if we can save her) Rachel wouldn't be interested in Frank in my first save. Unless she's into dead guys.

The heart wants what the heart wants...

StrangerThanFiction
30th Jul 2015, 05:13
The heart wants what the heart wants...

Am I a terrible person for being more upset over the dog's death than Frank's?

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 05:18
Am I a terrible person for being more upset over the dog's death than Frank's?

I'd say you're a terrible person for killing the dog in the first place haha...oh and Frank too...I guess.

Sonny_Crockett
30th Jul 2015, 05:27
Great episode, but personally I liked more the ep 3, kinda enjoyed it more (despite I enjoy every second playing the game). What I liked from this one was the continuation of the story, to see what happened next after the ep 3.

jdgamer89
30th Jul 2015, 07:12
So I have a theory that the blue butterfly from the first episode is chloes spirit like the does is Rachels spirit and this leads me to believe that chloe will either stay dead or die again. Although i have no clue just a thought.

DOS_SkywalkR
30th Jul 2015, 09:56
So I have a theory that the blue butterfly from the first episode is chloes spirit like the does is Rachels spirit and this leads me to believe that chloe will either stay dead or die again. Although i have no clue just a thought.

how can the butterfly be Chloe's spirit when she was there and alive in that first scene where you see the butterfly in the bathroom?

Nightshade3226
30th Jul 2015, 13:05
Personally, I don't think there is enough evidence to say Jefferson is inherently an evil person. He's not good, of course, but there may be reasons for him doing what he's doing.

Nathan is unstable and since, from the letter from a shrink we find in the bunker, his father is unwilling to send Nathan for professional help, he needs an alternative source of help. So his father finds someone willing to help in a different way. Jefferson may be trying to help Nathan by having him channel his dark urges into art with the intend of trying to avoid Nathan actually harming someone.

The other possibility is Jefferson is being blackmailed into it by Nathan's family.

I think Nathan knows what happened to Rachel, but how much of a role he played in it is unknown. Rachel clearly was killed because the drugs wore off and she could then identify Jefferson (and maybe Nathan if he was there), so she had to go. Jefferson likely did the deed by overdosing Rachel out of his own self-preservation. I imagine Nathan has been getting worse because he was a witness to it and it has been eating away at him.

Of course, it could simply be Jefferson isn't who he says he is and is indeed just a psychopath with ties to the Prescott family.

Alvare
30th Jul 2015, 13:29
I think it's going to be a mindblowing conclusion with an epic and nerve wrecking confrontation.
Something like Max will lose all her powers and if she dies, it'll all end.

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 15:51

I believe it's got something to do with Chloe as well, if you go to her room in the alt. reality, she's got a drawing of the blue butterfly on a shelf, the weird thing is, unlike the doe spirit, the butterfly does show up when you take its photo...so idk.

Man...I just hope this isn't like Steins;Gate and the attractor field in this worldline is causing Chloe to die no matter what, that'd be bullshlt D:

Wambo_is_Strange
30th Jul 2015, 16:25
Personally, I don't think there is enough evidence to say Jefferson is inherently an evil person.

Uhh well he just shot a girl straight to the head :scratch:

Jefferson may be trying to help Nathan by having him channel his dark urges into art with the intend of trying to avoid Nathan actually harming someone.

I kinda like this idea but that doesn't make it less bad either.

I think Nathan knows what happened to Rachel, but how much of a role he played in it is unknown.

I don't think Nathan knows, at least not that she was killed.
Remember Episode 3 at the diner? When he saw Max in her clothes he was like 'Rachel!!??'.
There is no way he would react like this if he knew she was dead. I think he only knows about her 'shooting'.

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 16:37
I don't think Nathan knows, at least not that she was killed.
Remember Episode 3 at the diner? When he saw Max in her clothes he was like 'Rachel!!??'.
There is no way he would react like this if he knew she was dead. I think he only knows about her 'shooting'.

I had the same impression, but it also could be the other way around, he is surprised precisely because he knows what happened to her, also, in the final scene, in the junkyard inside the little "fort" where the graffiti that says "Rachel was here" is, it now says "Rachel IS here" with red paint and it doesn't sound like something Jefferson would do, remember that Chloe also got a text from Nathan saying that they would get rid of Rachel's body (but that actually could be Jefferson with Nathan's phone).

Wambo_is_Strange
30th Jul 2015, 16:46
I had the same impression, but it also could be the other way around, he is surprised precisely because he knows what happened to her, also, in the final scene, in the junkyard inside the little "fort" where the graffiti that says "Rachel was here" is, it now says "Rachel IS here" with red paint and it doesn't sound like something Jefferson would do, remember that Chloe also got a text from Nathan saying that they would get rid of Rachel's body (but that actually could be Jefferson with Nathan's phone).

He seems pretty relieved and postive for seeing her, if he knew she was dead he sure would have been way more shocked.
I didn't even mention that graffiti, that is indeed pretty crazy, wow :eek: Definitely need to look this up myself.
I'm very sure Jefferson just used Nathan's phone or faked its identity to mislead Max and Chloe.

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 16:55
He seems pretty relieved and postive for seeing her, if he knew she was dead he sure would have been way more shocked.
I didn't even mention that graffiti, that is indeed pretty crazy, wow :eek: Definitely need to look this up myself.
I'm very sure Jefferson just used Nathan's phone or faked its identity to mislead Max and Chloe.

Im pretty sure the text is from Jefferson yeah, and maybe Nathan sounds relieved at the 2Whales cause he didn't actually want Rachel to die, being unstable as he is he's probably in denial, but it's just conjecture at this point.
There might be clues in the dialogues with Nathan in previous episodes, I don't remember interacting with him that much, but the way he talks about Rachel, if he uses present or past tense, etc. could all be clues.

Xeva-q
30th Jul 2015, 17:52
Personally, I don't think there is enough evidence to say Jefferson is inherently an evil person.
Of course there isn't! Person who killed that selfish blue-haired b***h just can't be bad!

ElShadow
30th Jul 2015, 18:02
Of course there isn't! Person who killed that selfish blue-haired b***h just can't be bad!

Riiiiight, of course not.

StrangerThanFiction
31st Jul 2015, 03:34
Im pretty sure the text is from Jefferson yeah.

I tried to do a little sleuthing on the subject [by completing my game on the Save 3 slot; (one where I didn't tell the Principal and I didn't get Nathan suspended)] and I tried to compare Nathan's text message language on Max's phone [from the Alternative Timeline and the one that he sent in the Normal one] to the one that Chloe receives (isn't it kind of strange how the text gets sent to Chloe's phone and not Max's? Maybe so we couldn't take a closer look? Hmm...Dontnod...Hmm?!) and it doesn't match up (from what I saw from Chloe's phone [which isn't much I will admit]), and that; to me; gives some proof that it was Jefferson who sent the text. [Like we need anymore proof, but just in case anyone was wondering].

ElShadow
31st Jul 2015, 04:42
I tried to do a little sleuthing on the subject [by completing my game on the Save 3 slot; (one where I didn't tell the Principal and I didn't get Nathan suspended)] and I tried to compare Nathan's text message language on Max's phone [from the Alternative Timeline and the one that he sent in the Normal one] to the one that Chloe receives (isn't it kind of strange how the text gets sent to Chloe's phone and not Max's? Maybe so we couldn't take a closer look? Hmm...Dontnod...Hmm?!) and it doesn't match up (from what I saw from Chloe's phone [which isn't much I will admit]), and that; to me; gives some proof that it was Jefferson who sent the text. [Like we need anymore proof, but just in case anyone was wondering].

Yup, you're absolutely right, Nathan's writing is as bad as his personality, I still think he knows about Rachel though.
I kinda want to see how Frank is going to react once he finds out, after all, he's the one that provides Nathan.

Edit: Completely unrelated but I'd just like to say that I think there's a HAWP reference in Ep. 4.
When you need to grab David's files in the garage, if you didn't blame him at the principal's office and sided with him instead of Chloe, once you interact with the padlock Max says: "Hey David, whatcha hidin'?"
Which is very similar to how Ashly Burch's(Chloe's VA) videos usually start with her brother saying: "Hey Ash, whatcha playin'?" on her youtube channel series.
Just putting that out there *flies away*

ZeGermanChloeFan
31st Jul 2015, 08:48
I completely identify with this. It's incredible how they managed to get so many of us in love with that weird blue haired girl innit? Seriously, some stories stick with you for the rest of your life, and I'm pretty sure I'll be replaying this in one, two, five, ten years from now.

It's so weird, like, I know these are just characters in a videogame but...Good god, I'm insane. I can literally remember the first time my heart skipped a beat for Chloe, wtf right?

The first time my heart skipped a beat for Chloe was when she started to dance in Episode 1. Man, that was an awesome feeling

ZeGermanChloeFan
31st Jul 2015, 08:51
yes, there is a solution without harming Frank!
and you don't have to give him the money.

play the first time, then rewind.
let cloe throw the gun away
let Frank close the door
give him the money.. or not, its still possible for the "good" solution without giving him the money.(maybe you dont have the money)
give the correct answers!
for example:
you love dogs, you dont want to fight, you have to be always on his side and care about Rachel!!! ;)

thanks, now I managed to get out of it without harming anyone.
By the way, kissing Chloe must have a deep impact in episode 5 since it is a major choice, so I guess we will see chloe again

ByouRei
31st Jul 2015, 10:11
Its reminds me The Longuest Journey: Dreamfall.

3 character
1. Kiled
2. Dieding in hopital
3. Waiting for execution

Me first game without happyending.
And we must years for contiuning.

WazzuMan
31st Jul 2015, 11:25
Well, this thread certainly exploded in my face. Couldn't keep up with half the comments and I needed the better part of the week to process everything. Now though, I need to share my thoughts and feelings with people who understand. When I first finished the episode, I was in a state of shock, wandered into the kitchen and recounted what happened to my mother and younger brother. Their responses only proved how little they understood me and the medium.

Yes, playing the game is an almost soul crushing experience, but I enjoyed the chance to feel something besides boredom and whatever negative feelings I have towards my current state in life. Those feelings may be negative but they are just as important as the positive ones. How can you define good without bad; heroes without villains; light without darkness. The cliffhanger of this episode may be brutal but I will endure it and just maybe I'll be treated to a more positive outcome that will feel all the sweeter after such ugliness.

So now the wait begins, again. It's both sad and exciting to see what it all leads up to and how this story ends for the characters I spent months getting to know. Personally, I do hope we get the "Pricefield" ending that many of us have been hoping for. By my estimations, 22nd September (8 weeks) the earliest and no later than the 6th.

BinnieBob
31st Jul 2015, 13:34
None of the girls in the other files died either, remember the no missing people for a while til Rachel? You don't get anything else useful out of Kate.
Chloe dying is the least upsetting thing, she always comes back.

WazzuMan
31st Jul 2015, 13:42
None of the girls in the other files died either, remember the no missing people for a while til Rachel? You don't get anything else useful out of Kate.
Chloe dying is the least upsetting thing, she always comes back.

Assuming the files all belong to the Prescotts. Mr Jefferson did spend a lot of time on the east coast in cities like New York. The disappearance or sudden trauma of a few young women would hardly raise an eyebrow in a city. Small towns, everybody knows everybody.

BinnieBob
31st Jul 2015, 14:24
Oooh, good point. But Kate too of course.

qbert32
31st Jul 2015, 23:31
One thing I find hard about trying to solve the mystery is that there isn't much difference in the game that changes due to your decisions, with the exception of if you save Kate or not, most of what is different is small things. I would like it if it felt like we were steering the plot in a certain direction.

RaulRoque
1st Aug 2015, 01:05
I'm acquiring a fair respect for this game, but I still think the "Walking Dead" series were the best so far of this genre of gameplay. I do like the precursors Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain, although both are pretty melancholic.

I'm impressed too how this game pay attention to the introspection of the protagonist. In many places there's the option to sit and think, and Max really daydream. That's sweet :D

meimeiriver
1st Aug 2015, 05:15

Or worse... :(

Gauging by some people's reactions here, it can't get sick and disturbing enough, though. :( Kids today: if it isn't about sex and extreme violence it's not 'real' any more.

Onmens
1st Aug 2015, 08:30
Sorry for butting in, but about Warren and his beer.

My first thought was that he was dozed, because he said he only had half a beer, but looked pretty out of it.
So Nathan went after him? Is he tied up next to Max next episode?

Second thought, they only served beer in the VIP section. What was Warren doing in the VIP section?

Third thought, he's a bit of a chemist. So... potential drug supplier for Jefferson?

I try not to think more than three thoughts at a time, so that's it. :)

Xeva-q
1st Aug 2015, 09:02
if it isn't about sex and extreme violence it's not 'real' any more.
Well, yes. It is a basic rule of a classic detective.

As Joanna Chmielewska said: "Dead body makes any plot much more exiting".

Puffts
1st Aug 2015, 15:15
I'm just really disappointed at R.A. being dead. There could have been so many cool possibilities with her also having a rewind power, being stuck in time, her being the old homeless woman behind the diner, etc...

ElShadow
1st Aug 2015, 16:37
Well to be honest, before Ep. 4 I was expecting R.A to be involved in some kind of time travel shenanigan, but I really like the direction the plot went because of her death (and the scene were Max and Chloe go to the junkyard with "Mountains" playing on the background was the best in the game so far IMO), it shows you that sometimes this world and the people in it are a piece of shiet and there's nothing you can do about it, even if you can time travel xD
Of course there's still Ep.5 so maybe something about it can be done, but I'd like things to move forward in time and not pull a blank slate at the end if possible.

Sneddonator
2nd Aug 2015, 03:18
With a game that has such a compelling story there will always be some dissapointment when the story doesnt take your preferred direction.

Another theory ive come up with RAs death is that she was only killed because Jefferson actually loved her and when he discovered she was hanging with Frank he faked a letter to say she was leaving and killed her so no one could have her. He took photos of her before hand to have something to remember her.

PHub07
2nd Aug 2015, 20:01
I'm acquiring a fair respect for this game, but I still think the "Walking Dead" series were the best so far of this genre of gameplay. I do like the precursors Indigo Prophecy and Heavy Rain, although both are pretty melancholic.

I'm impressed too how this game pay attention to the introspection of the protagonist. In many places there's the option to sit and think, and Max really daydream. That's sweet :D

I definitely feel LIS has Telltalle beat in every category. This is coming from someone who beat WD season 1 and 2 twice as well as The Wolf Among us, Borderlands, AND Game of Thrones.

LIS just feels like it has a much more attention to detail...the things you do feel like they matter more. However with the huge jump in quality Tales of the Borderlands has......its without a doubt debatable.

LordBattleBeard
2nd Aug 2015, 20:28
Incredible like every episode before it. I absolutely love that we were able to visit Kate in the hospital. Piecing together the evidence was very fun and fulfilling, and really made it seem like all the episodes had a solid purpose in reaching that point.

It did however come with one of my only criticisms for the game thus far. Throughout all the episodes I felt like I was in control of Max's character (mental and moral qualities, that is). Even if the story was ultimately leading Max in one direction, I felt like I was in control of how she got there. This was lost a bit after they found Rachel's body and turned up at the school to find Nathan. Gun wielding Chloe was going to make him "pay" (I had a fair idea what that meant) and when she turned to Max to ask if she had her back in her quest for vigilante justice, I wanted to say no (and possibly give her a slap for good measure) but alas, that wasn't an option. Max was with Chloe all the way and all which that entailed. Max took on a character of her own and not one that I much liked. Even if Max saying no would have resulted in no more than Chloe storming off (as opposed to her darting ahead) and the story progressing in the same way, I still think that would have been preferable.

I can't wait for the final episode.. yet I can because I don't want it to come to an end.

Tataboj
2nd Aug 2015, 20:56
I agree with your thoughts, except - there is no Kate. :( Instead I got message from Kate's father about funeral...

LordBattleBeard
2nd Aug 2015, 21:09
Damn :eek: that's depressing :( . I think I would have had to start over from scratch if Kate had died and that was the only way to bring her back. I couldn't have continued knowing I didn't do enough. I think Episode 2 would have went from being my favourite episode (so emotional but so rewarding) to possibly being the worst :p

TwoTonTom
2nd Aug 2015, 21:41
I am actually freaked out now. The thought of playing in the junkyard in episode 2, the doe being there, apparently clothes being near the burial site (just going to check). I can't imagine who in their right minds would go to a junkyard in the pitch black, knowing a murderer is there on their own. Just phone the police!

The only other game to freak me out this much was seeing Aerith's ghost in FF7 way back when.

Playing as an innocent and shy teenager who wouldn't bring harm to anyone makes it all the more scary and horrible for me. I do kind of wish that it could have been a lot less dark than it is. I was hoping it to be more of a nostalgic adventure game, but oh well.

Xeva-q
2nd Aug 2015, 21:47
I am actually freaked out now. The thought of playing in the junkyard in episode 2, the doe being there, apparently clothes being near the burial site (just going to check). I can't imagine who in their right minds would go to a junkyard in the pitch black, knowing a murderer is there on their own. Just phone the police!
And why they even bothered that much to keep clues in safe if they did not wanted to go to the police anyway?;)

NayaBR
2nd Aug 2015, 21:50
Sorry for butting in, but about Warren and his beer.

My first thought was that he was dozed, because he said he only had half a beer, but looked pretty out of it.
So Nathan went after him? Is he tied up next to Max next episode?

Second thought, they only served beer in the VIP section. What was Warren doing in the VIP section?

Third thought, he's a bit of a chemist. So... potential drug supplier for Jefferson?

I try not to think more than three thoughts at a time, so that's it. :)

Wow that's very interesting!
I thought too it was very strange that Warren could get THAT drunk only with half a beer. Maybe he's not as simple as it seems.

Xeva-q
2nd Aug 2015, 22:13
Wow that's very interesting!
I thought too it was very strange that Warren could get THAT drunk only with half a beer. Maybe he's not as simple as it seems.
Or maybe he was ashamed of himself and wanted to hide how drunk he really is. Actually it is pretty common for drunk people.

Or it can be yet another inconsistency.

StrangerThanFiction
2nd Aug 2015, 23:45

Wouldn't work too much. The Prescotts own the police. I wouldve been more comfortable if Max tried getting David's help. At least he seems to be the only other person that sorta knows what's going on.

ByouRei
3rd Aug 2015, 03:15
im just Call FBI.
i'm not US citizen , in me country if i call police they arrest Chloe and Max for murder. lucky we haven't death sentence. :D

RaulRoque
3rd Aug 2015, 07:52
I definitely feel LIS has Telltalle beat in every category. This is coming from someone who beat WD season 1 and 2 twice as well as The Wolf Among us, Borderlands, AND Game of Thrones.

LIS just feels like it has a much more attention to detail...the things you do feel like they matter more. However with the huge jump in quality Tales of the Borderlands has......its without a doubt debatable.

I'm kind of fan of the WD series. I played both seasons too. So far, it's the most captivating and intense game of this genre that I played. Although I sincerely think the first season is much better than the second one. LIS is turning out really good too, but sometimes I think it looses the plot and some incoherent things happens (to catch all the proofs are cool, but how come anyone realize about that? Some of them are obvious ones). Anyway, a fun game that I hope to see more in the future.

And really, I'm from Brazil and over here there aren't only jungles and jaguars, Kristine Prescott. We have a couple of cities and even one just like NY :P

im just Call FBI.
i'm not US citizen , in me country if i call police they arrest Chloe and Max for murder. lucky we haven't death sentence. :D

What's your country?

ByouRei
3rd Aug 2015, 08:28
Some central europe coutry, i have some interact with our law system, and im discovered that nobody is interesting about truth.

Sneddonator
3rd Aug 2015, 08:45
I've just started playing it through again. I never bothered much reading Max's journal but I am this time which is making the game far more interesting. I never realised how much I missed the first time round.

ElShadow
3rd Aug 2015, 14:37
I've just started playing it through again. I never bothered much reading Max's journal but I am this time which is making the game far more interesting. I never realised how much I missed the first time round.

The journal's got some really interesting information and points of view, and its kinda easy to miss haha

Sneddonator
3rd Aug 2015, 20:45
Even exploring. I am finding a lot more stuff to look at. I think I was too keen to push the story forward

DedalusHQ
3rd Aug 2015, 21:00
I missed one point during episode 4: how did Chloe know the exact point where Rachel was buried?

LordBattleBeard
3rd Aug 2015, 21:39
The picture contained part of a distinctive sign so I figure this is how she knew where to look. This was hers and Rachels hangout and where they spent a lot of time so its fair to assume she knew the ins and outs of the place.

luneth22
4th Aug 2015, 00:18
So basically Jefferson somehow got to knew of the Stormbreaker Bunker, possibly via the Prescotts, likely roped in Nathan to help, played on Nathan's insecure and unstable personality, and got all the equipment to transform the bunker into the dark room that it is now.

Then he picks his targets, has them drugged and brought to the bunker and taken photos of, possibly molesting them in the process too, then released. The victims usually do not remember what happened - in the case of Rachel Amber however, I think she was fighting against the effects of the sedative. Jefferson decided she was too much trouble to keep alive and likely murdered her with an overdose.

The way Nathan was sprawled out next to her in the photo in Rachel's binder, he could have been drugged to kept quiet, too. It doesnt seem like he knew that Rachel was dead..

RaulRoque
4th Aug 2015, 00:30
So basically Jefferson somehow got to knew of the Stormbreaker Bunker, possibly via the Prescotts, likely roped in Nathan to help, played on Nathan's insecure and unstable personality, and got all the equipment to transform the bunker into the dark room that it is now.

That's true.

Then he picks his targets, has them drugged and brought to the bunker and taken photos of, possibly molesting them in the process too, then released. The victims usually do not remember what happened - in the case of Rachel Amber however, I think she was fighting against the effects of the sedative. Jefferson decided she was too much trouble to keep alive and likely murdered her with an overdose.

That could be accidental. Jeff and Rachel had a sexual relationship before, isn't it? Maybe he loved her and wanted to keep her more for a while? But she didn't resist the drugs.

The way Nathan was sprawled out next to her in the photo in Rachel's binder, he could have been drugged to kept quiet, too. It doesnt seem like he knew that Rachel was dead..

Nathan is indifferent and really agressive. He's clearly out of his mind.

Anyone has Kate still alive? Really like this girl. She died in my gameplay.

luneth22
4th Aug 2015, 00:36
That could be accidental. Jeff and Rachel had a sexual relationship before, isn't it? Maybe he loved her and wanted to keep her more for a while? But she didn't resist the drugs.

Nathan is indifferent and really aggressive. He's clearly out of his mind.

Anyone has Kate still alive? Really like this girl. She died in my gameplay.

-Rachel didn't look too happy in one of the pictures, if I recall correctly.
-Well when you're constantly pressured by your dad and likely threatened by a teacher to not spill the beans of his twisted fetish, I'd go nuts too

-Kate was alive in my gameplay. Its nice of the devs to reward players who did that by allowing you to visit her in hospital in Episode 4, the scene was so warm and fuzzy

RaulRoque
4th Aug 2015, 00:41
-Rachel didn't look too happy in one of the pictures, if I recall correctly.
-Well when you're constantly pressured by your dad and likely threatened by a teacher to not spill the beans of his twisted fetish, I'd go nuts too

-Kate was alive in my gameplay. Its nice of the devs to reward players who did that by allowing you to visit her in hospital in Episode 4, the scene was so warm and fuzzy

I think these are Nathan fetishes as well. He has a poor family support and education, indeed.

Cool! Someday I'll play it again and make things different.

ElShadow
4th Aug 2015, 00:48
I think it's in episode 1, but when Rachel's subject is first brought up in one of your conversations with Chloe, she says that before disappearing, Rachel told her she met somebody who completely changed her life, I don't know why I remembered it just now, but is that person supposed to be Jefferson? or perhaps Frank? Shiet I'm confused now xD

RaulRoque
4th Aug 2015, 00:52
I think it's in episode 1, but when Rachel's subject is first brought up in one of your conversations with Chloe, she says that before disappearing, Rachel told her she met somebody who completely changed her life, I don't know why I remembered it just now, but is that person supposed to be Jefferson? or perhaps Frank? Shiet I'm confused now xD

Bingo! That's Jeff, surely. Frank represents her true love, and Jeff her illusionary dreams.

DedalusHQ
4th Aug 2015, 22:37
The picture contained part of a distinctive sign so I figure this is how she knew where to look. This was hers and Rachels hangout and where they spent a lot of time so its fair to assume she knew the ins and outs of the place.

Thank you. The picture was one of those Max used for investigation, the one which showed the landfill. I got it :)

SpiritMuse
5th Aug 2015, 19:50
I've so far gone through the game doing only the main story and avoiding even talking to anyone else as much as possible, so I've no idea what all this stuff about birds and spirit animals is about (please don't tell me xD). I'm also trying to make the worst decisions possible, or the most ineffectual, opting to not intervene whenever I can, and being generally rude/awkwardly unintended insulting if I have to say something. Also, pissing off Chloe as much as possible. It's been interesting so far, and it does make me want to go back and replay the whole thing and seeing what all the "better" and nicer options are. Though not for a while because I need some time to recover from his latest revelation. XD

Because I totally was not expecting Jefferson of all people to show up there. I never suspected him, mostly because I didn't want him to be the bad guy, I really liked him! He's exactly that kind of teacher that you would have a crush on. So I'm really shocked and sad now that he turns out to be a murderer.

To be honest I was also quite freaked out by the ending of episode 3, with Max ending up in this alternate reality where nothing is the same. I got so creeped out by it that I had to look up some spoilers and I could only continue playing once I found out she was going to come back to the original timeline.

This game. Seriously. It's hella cray.

ElShadow
5th Aug 2015, 21:15
I've so far gone through the game doing only the main story and avoiding even talking to anyone else as much as possible, so I've no idea what all this stuff about birds and spirit animals is about (please don't tell me xD). I'm also trying to make the worst decisions possible, or the most ineffectual, opting to not intervene whenever I can, and being generally rude/awkwardly unintended insulting if I have to say something. Also, pissing off Chloe as much as possible. It's been interesting so far, and it does make me want to go back and replay the whole thing and seeing what all the "better" and nicer options are. Though not for a while because I need some time to recover from his latest revelation. XD

The very first time I played the game I pissed of Chloe a couple of times, and it was really refreshing to replay the game taking a couple of hits for her, there are a few scenes where there's a night and day difference in her personality between playthroughs and you get to see how hype and nice and cheerful she is sometimes, that's what I love about these type of games, there's so much to see and a lot of stuff is easy to miss, but exploration and interaction always bring rewards.

LordBattleBeard
6th Aug 2015, 01:44

Because I totally was not expecting Jefferson of all people to show up there. I never suspected him, mostly because I didn't want him to be the bad guy, I really liked him! He's exactly that kind of teacher that you would have a crush on. So I'm really shocked and sad now that he turns out to be a murderer.

To be honest I was also quite freaked out by the ending of episode 3, with Max ending up in this alternate reality where nothing is the same. I got so creeped out by it that I had to look up some spoilers and I could only continue playing once I found out she was going to come back to the original timeline.

This game. Seriously. It's hella cray.That's odd but amusing. Good for you :D

Sneddonator
6th Aug 2015, 03:13

This game. Seriously. It's hella cray.

On my last save slot I plan to play it the same way.

ZeGermanChloeFan
10th Aug 2015, 21:32
Some central europe coutry, i have some interact with our law system, and im discovered that nobody is interesting about truth.

Maybe our countries are neihgbours?

LordBattleBeard
10th Aug 2015, 22:59
On my last save slot I plan to play it the same way.I wish I could. I played it through on the PS4, bought it again for PS3 (to support the devs) and tried to make other decisions but every fibre of my being fought against it. I can't seem to go against what I perceive to be the right/logical decision. Needless to say, my PS3 save just ended up being a carbon copy of my PS4 save.. dammit.

Tataboj
11th Aug 2015, 08:18
Maybe our countries are neihgbours?

Czech Republic anyone? ^ ^

Sneddonator
11th Aug 2015, 08:46
I wish I could. I played it through on the PS4, bought it again for PS3 (to support the devs) and tried to make other decisions but every fibre of my being fought against it. I can't seem to go against what I perceive to be the right/logical decision. Needless to say, my PS3 save just ended up being a carbon copy of my PS4 save.. dammit.

I stuggle to play games in any other way than how my morals in real life are. I just cant be the bad guy no matter how hard I try.

Squinn1201
11th Aug 2015, 15:49
Why was Mr. Jefferson so insistent on Max entering a photo in the contest? I know he said she has a "gift" but is there more too it? Was she his target from the beginning?

Xeva-q
11th Aug 2015, 16:06
Why was Mr. Jefferson so insistent on Max entering a photo in the contest? I know he said she has a "gift" but is there more too it? Was she his target from the beginning?
Maybe he just concerned about Max's future?

OHWceta
11th Aug 2015, 17:16
I actually expected Alyssa to save Max from being drugged at the party so the Junkyard blindsided me.

Alvare
11th Aug 2015, 17:19
Maybe he accidentally drugged Max and unintentionally pulled the trigger on Chloe in the junkyard.
.. poor Mr Jefferson.

Xeva-q
11th Aug 2015, 18:01
Maybe he accidentally drugged Max and unintentionally pulled the trigger on Chloe in the junkyard.
.. poor Mr Jefferson.

indeed.:(

StrangerThanFiction
11th Aug 2015, 23:15
.. poor Mr Jefferson.

Yeah...
The syrgine just HAPPENED to fall into Max's neck and Jefferson just so HAPPENED to accidentally press onto it, causing Max to get drugged (on "accident") and also accidentally press the trigger and the gun just so HAPPENED to be aiming at Chloe.

Poor Mr. Jefferson. Don't you just hate it when things happen on "accident'?

Squinn1201
12th Aug 2015, 04:14

No I think it's more than that. Something dark.

Sneddonator
12th Aug 2015, 08:23
No I think it's more than that. Something dark.

The evidence thus far would suggest Max was his intended target but because she wasnt getting a shot in intime he selected Victoria as a substitute.

OHWceta
12th Aug 2015, 16:53
I'm still wondering, Why Kate?! I wish we got to see more of the Dark Room files.

Rachel makes sense (It mentions her previous relationship with Jefferson)
Chloe knew too much and had to be removed (Interestingly she doesnt have a file)
Victoria, all that flirting with Jefferson put her at risk, and going to Cali for the art exhibit made her an easy next Target
But...... Max went snooping with Chloe and ended up getting drugged first.

Also, I think it was Jefferson that cut off Chloe to cause the accident in the alternate timeline......

NayaBR
12th Aug 2015, 19:44
http://oi57.tinypic.com/w6xv9h.jpg

Playing The Sims 4 :naughty:

AndySond
12th Aug 2015, 20:29
Found this theory video about "JEFFERSON: Psychopath or Pragmatist?":

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JCDdssRIYqk

I would say she is onto something.

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 21:29
Man, people generally can't stand different opinions these days (look in the commentaries section):
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/life-is-strange-episode-4-dark-room-review

This is sad.

NayaBR
12th Aug 2015, 22:43
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=orAxZZUc08A

An interesting detail

RaulRoque
12th Aug 2015, 22:48
http://oi57.tinypic.com/w6xv9h.jpg

Playing The Sims 4 :naughty:

Cute :) This The Sims is good?

RaulRoque
13th Aug 2015, 00:17
Man, people generally can't stand different opinions these days (look in the commentaries section):
http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/07/30/life-is-strange-episode-4-dark-room-review

This is sad.

In time, I'm still waiting for that decisional adventure game totally maleable. Completely obtuse. With entirely different plots according to our decisions. All of them, so far, have some basic plot. Well, we're in 2015 yet. There's plenty of time, no?

And now I just remembered Raw Danger (the sequence of Disaster Report). It's a good game.

SpponTheRaccon
13th Aug 2015, 03:18
Look if Max was able to escape she could look at a recent photo and go back in time a tell Chloe that Mr. Jefferson killed her, Then she would kill Mr. Jefferson or do something else and then take Nathan down. Just my theory or maybe Mr. Jefferson framed Nathan But.
This game is crazy.

Sneddonator
13th Aug 2015, 09:23
Look if Max was able to escape she could look at a recent photo and go back in time a tell Chloe that Mr. Jefferson killed her, Then she would kill Mr. Jefferson or do something else and then take Nathan down. Just my theory or maybe Mr. Jefferson framed Nathan But.
This game is crazy.

Always possible. There are so many plausible theories. They could head to the junk yard after the party again and hide out waiting for Jefferson to arrive.