PDA

View Full Version : Keeps telling me to link my account.

AlexanderLS
26th Nov 2014, 18:44
I was able to get into two games after the update, then I started receiving an error.
It reads, "There was a problem connecting to the party system servers. Please ensure that your steam account is linked to your Square Enix membership account and try again."
EDIT: I should mention this error occurs during the matchmaking, it searches for a while, then spits out the error.

There is no legitimate reason for this error, my accounts have been linked before my first login. I've played many games before this update and two after it.

Please look into it, Thanks.

CdXXtheFeared
26th Nov 2014, 18:48
Same error for me didn't wanna make a new post with this already here.

Thanks.

Thamior2311
26th Nov 2014, 18:58
Same

AizenYPB
26th Nov 2014, 19:44
I'm able to load up the game OK. can access all the usual bits but when I try to play a game I get an error

"There was a problem connecting to the Party System Servers. Please ensure your Steam account is linked to your Square Enix Membership account and try again"

Please advise on what to do cause they are linked and I have been playing for over a month.

thanks

vampwn
26th Nov 2014, 19:46
I am having this same issue and I'm rank 40.

vampwn
26th Nov 2014, 19:48
I am getting an error saying me accounts are not linked when I try to join a party or a random match..will the next update simply uninstall the game from my computer?

Saikocat
26th Nov 2014, 19:55
Hey there,
Please check in the other threads. Unfortunately we are experiencing an issue right now, the team are working to clear this up.

WoG-Hazaa
26th Nov 2014, 22:20
After game ends and u press "disconnect", u cannot find a new game without restarting Nosgoth. This is really annoying if u don't want to play with the same guys.. Matchmaking just gets stuck in "Looking for best match" and after that this error occurs.

Crimson3Chaos
27th Nov 2014, 00:42
Another problem I found is that I sometimes I get kicked out of a room randomly and can't get back in.

MasterShuriko
27th Nov 2014, 15:09
Well since the update I have noticed that the game doesnt let me play at all.

It either asks that I sync my SE profile with steam (wich Ive done ages ago since Ive been in since Alpha) And sometimes it just gives me a eternal "looking for best match" loop without finding anything for me.

xBaseLine
27th Nov 2014, 15:17
There are already some other threads about exectly the same problem.

//edit http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=12897&page=6

Cristari
27th Nov 2014, 15:18
Same also.

I would like to know what is involved when the matchmaking server looks for your game?
This is obviously the issue.

MasterShuriko
27th Nov 2014, 15:20
I can update this by saying that I get thrown out of the game seemingly by random aswell. Just happened 20 seconds to me now when I actually got into a game.

AizenYPB
27th Nov 2014, 15:37
After game ends and u press "disconnect", u cannot find a new game without restarting Nosgoth. This is really annoying if u don't want to play with the same guys.. Matchmaking just gets stuck in "Looking for best match" and after that this error occurs.

At least you can still play the game... My game has been unplayable for 2 days now.... Can support please help with this???

WoG-Hazaa
27th Nov 2014, 15:47
At least you can still play the game... My game has been unplayable for 2 days now.... Can support please help with this???

I can't play anymore.. It won't find any games to join. Constantly just saying "Looking for best match".

AizenYPB
27th Nov 2014, 15:58
Likewise... no response from support. I'm guessing their busy trying to figure out what went wrong. but I've been unable to play since yesterday :-/

AlexanderLS
27th Nov 2014, 16:02
Lots of people having this issue.
It's been pointed out here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=148840) and here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=148838).

They fixed it for a minute it seemed, but now it's back today.

xBaseLine
27th Nov 2014, 16:16
Likewise... no response from support. I'm guessing their busy trying to figure out what went wrong. but I've been unable to play since yesterday :-/

I would say 99% of all players can't play. I seriously don't get it why they don't patch it back :/

AlexanderLS
27th Nov 2014, 17:18
I would say 99% of all players can't play. I seriously don't get it why they don't patch it back :/
They don't care about the players.
Just the player's wallet.

This is why I never spend money on games that are not in release stage.
Every time you guys buy founder's packs and runestones, you are supporting the ludicrous notion that it is acceptable to sell a incomplete product.

Saikocat
27th Nov 2014, 18:13
Hey guys,

We are in (Closed) Beta, so it would be the case that we test new improvements, to ensure these things are ready for our Open Beta release. We are aware of issues with this update, and the team are working on them now. It isn't ideal, but everyone is working really hard to get things running smoothly, so please bear with us.

It would not be affecting 99% of players, but we're taking the issues very seriously, and we're working on it.

AlexanderLS
27th Nov 2014, 20:44
We are in (Closed) Beta,

When ANYBODY who is willing to spend $5 can access a game, it is not "closed", it is pay-2-play...

Cristari
28th Nov 2014, 00:06
When ANYBODY who is willing to spend $5 can access a game, it is not "closed", it is pay-2-play...

This is true it is basically a charged access open beta however as they are currently trying to resolve the Matchmaking I would say they are doing their best unless they completely ignore us and cant resolve the issues we are reporting and jump straight to the official Open Beta.

Raziel220
28th Nov 2014, 17:40
Hi everyone... I'm not really sure what happened, but since last actualization I'm getting this error when Sycing ends or when I try to enter a match:

"Connection Lost:
There was a problem connecting to the party system servers.
Please, ensure that your Steam account is linked to your Square Enix membership account and try again."

I've been playing without troubles the past few months, and I just checked that my Steam and Square Enix accounts are linked (I think it is in Square Enix > User Settings > Linked Accounts, right? or am I in the wrong place for checking this?)

Is someone else receiving this error? How can I fix it? (if there's a way)

Thanks.

ThouRomeo
28th Nov 2014, 17:48
You are not the only one having this issue, I am too. Still unknown how to fix this, but if you find anything out please let me know!

Saikocat
28th Nov 2014, 17:49
We're experiencing a few issues at the moment, so we'll be in maintenance mode for now. Bear with us.

Usernamexists
28th Nov 2014, 18:01
I am getting an error saying me accounts are not linked when I try to join a party or a random match..will the next update simply uninstall the game from my computer?

I just started getting the same error...:mad2:

Raziel220
28th Nov 2014, 22:58
Hey guys,

We are in (Closed) Beta, so it would be the case that we test new improvements, to ensure these things are ready for our Open Beta release. We are aware of issues with this update, and the team are working on them now. It isn't ideal, but everyone is working really hard to get things running smoothly, so please bear with us.

It would not be affecting 99% of players, but we're taking the issues very seriously, and we're working on it.

Thanks for the clarification, now I'm more calm, after knowing this was a general error and not just me... I truely appreciate that you guys are already working hard for getting this fixed, so thanks again... Sorry for reposting, I didn't realize of this thread in that moment...

Have a good day!

Rexidus
6th Dec 2014, 03:24
So I'm trying to jump in game but when I click Play and when I initially start up I get an error saying to ensure that my Steam account is linked on the site. It is. I double checked and even re-linked them.

Bug or something I can fix?

xBaseLine
6th Dec 2014, 03:34
Got the same. Made this like 10 times in the past ^^

Alphadark4
6th Dec 2014, 03:43
I have the same problem, it sucks.

xBaseLine
6th Dec 2014, 03:49
What really sucks is to bring out a update where ppl cant play. 14 Hours ago the update where patches out~ and now it's already crashed

LucidHero
6th Dec 2014, 03:57
Same issue as well. A problem with the new matchmaking system perhaps?

Rexidus
6th Dec 2014, 04:00
What really sucks is to bring out a update where ppl cant play. 14 Hours ago the update where patches out~ and now it's already crashed

Welcome to software development. It happens. Don't stress about it.

xBaseLine
6th Dec 2014, 04:03
I play enough alpha games dude. This is their 4th patch witch failed with this new matchmaking.
Seriously time to overthink it.

//edit
And my main problem is that it's patch number 4, and still the same problem as in stress test number 1. If new problems would occure i could understand it and wouldnt complain at all. But four times always the same problems without any change occure i get a bit mad.

zepstrider
6th Dec 2014, 04:30
this game needs to get its **** together there is no option to link these damn accounts and why is it mandatory to play a game i paid money for ?? between the horrible patches and constant lag even with great connection i wish i never put money into it

Zihil_
6th Dec 2014, 04:39
Same problem. I was linked before, also re-linked them, still says they're not linked. Anyone figure out how to get it working, or is it just locking out everyone?

edit:
Also tried watching NosCam, and said it was incompatible with new matchmaking system. So, still stuck not being able to do anything, eventhough it says it syncs, then tells me to verify that it is synched / prevents me from playing matches.

nmkolnocns
6th Dec 2014, 04:49
"There was a problem connecting to party system servers, please make sure your steam and square enix accounts are linked"

Get something along those lines every time I try to start the game, right after loading armory. When I try to look for a match I get the same thing immediately.

I've only played 3 hours before this but everything ran fine, and I havent made any kind of changes on my comp.

I've tried changing settings, restarting steam, restarting computer, unlinking and relinking steam on the square enix and nosgoth site, uninstalling and reinstalling, and making exception in my firewall.

xBaseLine
6th Dec 2014, 04:54
the problems isn't you. It's squarenix who got the problems. Noone can play since hours...

riggepls
6th Dec 2014, 04:54
Its on their end, nothing you can do.

Jselles
6th Dec 2014, 04:57
Same Issue Here. I get the exact same message. Any workarounds? or should we just keep trying? or wait for a response?

nmkolnocns
6th Dec 2014, 05:05
Ah yeah, I've got a bad case of post before reading all the other threads syndrome. Oh well, hopefully it gets fixed soon, i was playing fine 3 hours ago.

Zihil_
6th Dec 2014, 05:07
From the patchnotes thread:

We are investigating issues related to match making servers, bear with us folks.

Edit:

also submitted it to bug reports in matchmaking just to make sure :P

Psyonix_Corey
6th Dec 2014, 05:42
Hi guys,

I've escalated this to Square's network team but haven't heard back yet. I'll update this as I hear something.

You don't need to verify your account linkage - the "problem connecting to Party System server" means that the main backend server is down and you won't be able to matchmake.

It was working for most of the day, unclear yet what caused it to suddenly go down.

Psyonix_Corey
6th Dec 2014, 05:42
Hi guys,

I've escalated this to Square's network team but haven't heard back yet. I'll update this as I hear something.

The "problem connecting to Party System server" error means that the main backend server is down and you won't be able to matchmake.

It was working for most of the day, unclear yet what caused it to suddenly go down.

TechGeddon
6th Dec 2014, 06:12
Hi guys,

You don't need to verify your account linkage - the "problem connecting to Party System server" means that the main backend server is down and you won't be able to matchmake.

looking into the logfiles for game, yes... looks exactly like that....

ame log:
[0004.11] Phosphorous: Phosphorous has been initialized. Address: https://api.vapour.sqexeu.com Request Port: 49908 Notify Port: 49909
[0005.22] Error: HardwareTest failed to init Security. Error code: 0x80010119

From Phosphorous error log:
014-12-06 00:06:51.829 PhClient: Login URL: https://api.vapour.sqexeu.com/user/login/steam?steamId=##REMOVED##&appToken=7a82RgZz3Gr67f6ARU1A&stayLoggedIn=true
2014-12-06 00:06:53.397 PhClient: Response Length: 166
2014-12-06 00:06:53.397 PhClient: Response: <html>
<head><title>502 Bad Gateway</title></head>
<body bgcolor="white">
<center><h1>502 Bad Gateway</h1></center>
<hr><center>nginx</center>
</body>
</html>

pacefullman
6th Dec 2014, 07:34
Same problem here, started now to try the beta game (before buy) and I have this error XD.

thisisthis
6th Dec 2014, 07:52
Same problem here from this morning.
I have tried to edit square-enix User Setting, got mails, linked my steam account to Square-enix account, even reinstalled steam and nosgoth.
but nothing change..

Steam ID : thaisthat
Square Enix Account :a2c2a@daum.net/daeguen@gmail.com

ElmoSlayer
11th Dec 2014, 00:05
Every time I try to search for a game, it searches for a while, and then the message pops up, "There was a problem connecting to the party servers. Please ensure that your steam account is linked to your square enix account and try again". Even though I am already linked. It then shuts me out of matchmaking. I don't know if other people are having this kind of bug, but it needs to be fixed pronto.

Saikocat
11th Dec 2014, 10:52
At the moment we're experiencing a bit of downtime, keep an eye on this thread for further detail:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=149207

Executie
15th Dec 2014, 11:36
what is this?
http://i.imgur.com/JzDEyd8.jpg

never had this problem before...

memooohc
15th Dec 2014, 11:54
Actually I can , and i did but for some reason when i try o connect to a game, is says, "please ensure your steam account is linked to your square enix account and try again". im pretty sure they are linked and I even unlinked it then linked it again, what do I do know

Executie
15th Dec 2014, 12:29
I have same problem, i am playing the beta from beginning. I tried to unlink and then link it again but that did not helped me at all.

lucinvampire
15th Dec 2014, 13:05
Usually if you experience this if you sign out of the game and then reload it - it'll sort itself out again.

FireWorks_
22nd Dec 2014, 08:48
Cant connect to any server. -> unplayable :/

"There was a problem connecting to the party system server. ..."

eXmoRtiZ
22nd Dec 2014, 08:59
Party servers still down :(

FireWorks_
22nd Dec 2014, 09:17
Ok so I report it at the support and the guy tells me that the devs are surely monitoring it and its not widely reported yet. *****?

tautomers
22nd Dec 2014, 09:29
Ok so I report it at the support and the guy tells me that the devs are surely monitoring it and its not widely reported yet. *****?

That's... odd? Guess we need to encourage more people to report it. If it's preventing people from playing though surely they'd notice that they have no play traffic?

EDIT: They have to be aware, look at this: http://www.nosgoth.com/servers Whoever you talked to must have not been paying attention.

I can get into my server again (US West) looks like they are fixing it.

FireWorks_
22nd Dec 2014, 10:10
Thankfully it is sorted now, but if the whole nosgoth steam activity suddenly halfs (from low to ultra low) and the servers have no games running they could get on the idea, that something could be possibly going not so well...

Saikocat
22nd Dec 2014, 11:21
Hey guys,

Sometimes when you're unable to connect, it isn't widespread, but definitely make sure you keep reporting it to us here. Especially over the holidays now, if you run into issues connecting, please post here on this forum (rather than contacting support). We'll be monitoring these as well as the game, for any issues you guys run into.

We did have a slight hiccup this morning, it was restarted and all should be okay again :)

Skrydg
23rd Jan 2015, 18:36
same problem

tfkfan94
24th Jan 2015, 20:53
Yeah I'm having that problem too. I linked my steam to my Square Enix account and it keeps saying that I can't connect because they are not linked.

DeathAmongYou
29th Jan 2015, 22:35
Hey so I am having some issues trying to get into a match it keeps says that "I need to make sure my steam and square enix acc is connected" but I did ive restarted the pc everything and its just not letting me get into a match any help?

dotmath
30th Jan 2015, 03:14
every time I log in all i get is finding a match, no matter the mode or how long i wait it never works. I have restarted multiple times to no avail.

It started after the last patch, before that i had no issues.

KinGZer0
30th Jan 2015, 06:12
Hi, i have the same problem ^^ i can start the game, acces the shop, make the tutorial ect. but as soon as i start searching for a match this error occurs ... haven´t been able to play the game for a week and now waiting i am waiting for the answer from the square enix support (they´ve collected some system and networks information from me) ... don´t nknow if they will be able to help, because they didn´t solve my problem yet, but maybe you should try and contact them ;) hope this problem will get solved soon ... im loosing my patience xD

Hellboy_007
30th Jan 2015, 07:26
After yesterday's update cannot begin to play.
"Search" -> "Looking for best match" ->"There was a problem connecting to the party system servers.
Please ensure that your Steam account is linked to your Square Enix membership account and try again."

Grognan
1st Feb 2015, 03:12
I have a friend that's having the same issue connecting to the match making servers. He played through the tutorials just fine but is hanging trying to connect to the matchmaking servers. No error message, just hanging the connection.

dotmath
2nd Feb 2015, 20:34
1) Unlink your steam account from your Square Enix account.

2) Visit the Square Enix website :https://membership.square-enix.com/users/sign_in

3) click the link for "can't access my account"

4) Get an e-mail sent to you to make a password and enter in all your credentials.

5) Now that you're able to log-in, log-in, go to profile

6) go to settings, select "linked accounts",

7) unlink your steam account.

speedeysurfer
1st Jul 2015, 01:13
I am currently experiencing this issue. I'm level 45, and have been playing for roughly 275 hours. I'm pretty tired of experiencing the same issue. How can this just randomly keep happening every once in a while? Can you please resolve this??? My accounts are linked but it says they aren't when I try to find a match. "There was a problem connecting to the party system servers.
Please ensure that your Steam account is linked to your Square Enix membership account and try again."

Da_Wolv
26th Jul 2015, 13:51
ESL is in 1 hour and the servers appear to be broken again!

Can't party up with anybody and private servers wont work.

Tells me I need to link my SE and Steam account again.

Please fix this Q U I C K

Kajira
26th Jul 2015, 13:51
Hello everyone. So I have not played in a long time, due to wait times. But I can not get a game at all now. It just keeps telling me to make sure that my steam account is linked to my square enix. And it is. Does anyone know how I can fix this?

malgaa
26th Jul 2015, 13:52
I'm having the Steam account not linked error since yesterday.

Da_Wolv
26th Jul 2015, 14:22
Problem still persists!
Nothing seems to be up!

PencileyePirate
26th Jul 2015, 14:43
Matchmaking servers seem to be down this morning, so you should just wait for them to fix the issue on their side. I'm getting the same issue at the moment. If you still have the problem later: linking your acct usually involves visiting a URL sent to the e-mail associated with your SE account.

Saikocat
26th Jul 2015, 14:45
I've alerted the team so we can investigate this further. Thanks for the heads up!

MasterShuriko
26th Jul 2015, 14:56
I booted up Nosgoth without errors. When into kitchen to grab a glass of water and when I came back I had a message saying that Matchmaking servers couldnt connect aswell as an error saying I needed to link my account again.

My brother called shortly after saying he had the same errors. Something is acting up and its not pwetty

frugalrhombus
26th Jul 2015, 14:58
So I'm not sure if this problem is on my end or if it is a server problem. But starting last night when i try to join a game in new recruit, it gets stuck on the looking for best match dialog for about a minute then gives me an error that says, "there was a problem connecting to the party system servers. please ensure that your steam account is linked to your square Enix membership account and try again."

The only way I can play is if i quit and open the game back up af ew times.

Darkrami
26th Jul 2015, 15:02
Am a realy patient guy, but am starting to hate the game, so much issues, if its not huge update to fix near nothing its server bugs or bugs with the ranked matches that prevent you from getting the skins and other stufs, i ve been talking to the costumer support about that but still no replys, there is sooooo much problems with this game some are so old that i am estoneshed that it still there :(
Psyonix you need to take more care of your baby its in a tub and the water level is rising :(

MasterShuriko
26th Jul 2015, 15:03
Were many thats getting this error as of started today. Its a bummer. My brother called me earlier today and said he had the same error

This error started coming up for alot of us TODAY 26th/7-2015. Its a shame.

My brother also called me having this error

MasterShuriko
26th Jul 2015, 15:11
Atm theres an error popping up from time to time again saying matchmaking error, party error in some way and that you need to link your square enix account "AGAIN" but I think theres some issues with Steam-Square enix servers atm since the community page on steam cant be opened at all, or when it chooses to open.

Saikocat
26th Jul 2015, 15:24
Would you be able to email me your ph.log file, guys? The email address is nosgoth @ square-enix.com

It's usually in nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs\Phosphorous\
(Though that can depend on your own install location)

Saikocat
26th Jul 2015, 15:25
Would you be able to email me your ph.log file? nosgoth @ square-enix.com

PencileyePirate
26th Jul 2015, 15:57
Would you be able to email me your ph.log file, guys? The email address is nosgoth @ square-enix.com

I navigated to C:\Users\MyName\Documents\My Games\Nosgoth\BCMPGame\Logs but there's no Phosphorous directory.

MasterShuriko
26th Jul 2015, 15:58
Would you be able to email me your ph.log file? nosgoth @ square-enix.com

Email sent now Saikocat =D

For me it was the location was C:\program86\steam\steamapps\common\nosgoth\BCMPgame\logs\Phosphorous\ph

Da_Wolv
26th Jul 2015, 16:13
I've alerted the team so we can investigate this further. Thanks for the heads up!

It works at random now.
ESL is already running and most teams are reporting such issues.
Our first match took 10min to play, and 50 to set up.

Especially with ESL Wire, you just cant constantly restart the game to fix this.

One of our opponents hypothezised that it might be the Dota2 Tourney that most ppl try to watch via Steam, which would also explain why the Steam community is really slow atm!

MasterShuriko
26th Jul 2015, 16:51
If we got shafted because of Dota 2 its NOT ok! :mad2:

Dalkamyr
26th Jul 2015, 17:21
I've been getting the same error message intensively since yesterday as well. This is completly unacceptable though. I just spent over 35$ on runes and gear and I can't even play the damned game.

Someone @ Square Enix please wake up

Bazielim
26th Jul 2015, 18:21
Whilst I sympathise with the issue here I will point out that 5 of you created threads today, all about exactly the same issue when there was already a pre-existing thread dealing with the issue in the most recent list.
Please guys, if there is a thread applicable to the topic in the recent list, contribute to that one - do not keep creating new ones.

Thestalebaker
26th Jul 2015, 18:31
When i first launched the game i linked it to steam and the game worked perfectly, then today when i tried to launch it keeps telling to make sure my account is linked with steam(i did verify my account). It says this every time i try to get into a match. Pleas help :(

Faekalkasper
26th Jul 2015, 18:58
Same here since yesterday. Tried unlinking my steam account like mentioned above, but it didn't help...

Porcupella
26th Jul 2015, 19:23

I've just sent my ph.log to that e-mail. Hope that will help you guys out a tad. Been that way with the match-making for a few hours for me and my partner now. We have 3 PCs between us at home and we've tried on both our accounts and on all PCs with the same error popping up. We've even checked and made sure our SE accounts are linked to Steam and everything seems to be in order but we still can't get in the game. Just hoping we can squeeze a few games in before the weekend's over ^_^

Kajira
26th Jul 2015, 20:09
Still getting it over and over. =( I want to try the new game mode out.

Immortal-Smiley
26th Jul 2015, 20:36
Email sent :)

Saikocat
27th Jul 2015, 09:33
Thanks, guys. We received log files from some of you which is awesome, thanks so much for sending those through. It really helps us when trying to pin down what is happening.

One of our opponents hypothezised that it might be the Dota2 Tourney that most ppl try to watch via Steam, which would also explain why the Steam community is really slow atm!

Hmm, that's interesting. I did have some general issues with Steam myself around that time too, it can have a knock-on effect with other games and services through Steam, so I'll let the team know about this.

PencileyePirate
27th Jul 2015, 12:01
Hmm, that's interesting. I did have some general issues with Steam myself around that time too, it can have a knock-on effect with other games and services through Steam, so I'll let the team know about this.

It's probably wasn't the Dota2 tourney; I'm still getting the same issue.

Guardian1uk
31st Jul 2015, 01:13
ok just had this rear it's ugly head again just now (approx 02:12am GMT 31/07/2015)

Therenar
1st Aug 2015, 16:03
I also have this problem. I just wanted to play again (I haven't been playing since 2014) but it asks me to link my steam account and square enix account. I checked the accounts, they are linked. Just to be sure I unlinked, and linked again. I restarted steam after every operation. But to no avail. Is there a solution?

ProDoctoR1987
26th Aug 2015, 14:45
Hello,

I noticed a new error, when searching for a game I sometimes get the message "Connection error, please make sure your steam and square-enix account are connected".

Only happened to me a couple of times and it usually cures itself by restarting the game.

Very strange tough, since I'm already logged in and played like a minute before.

Thanks

Sebastian

Harmaatukka
27th Aug 2015, 12:11
Hello,

I noticed a new error, when searching for a game I sometimes get the message "Connection error, please make sure your steam and square-enix account are connected".

Only happened to me a couple of times and it usually cures itself by restarting the game.

Very strange tough, since I'm already logged in and played like a minute before.

Thanks

Sebastian

I'm pretty sure this message comes up when Steam is down/under maintenance, nothing to worry about.