PDA

View Full Version : [Suggestion] on creating a party

Floipd
12th Aug 2014, 08:10
So right now everyone knows the party system is broken or only partially/temporarily functioning. That's cool, they said they are working on it and stuff, so let's leave them to that job.

However I don't understand why creating a party is made so complicated and unclear!

Just give us, before we even click on anything else, a button in the top-button-bar that says: [Create Party]
It's so much simpler than what is going right now!

You click the button accessible from any window like the others (armory, profile etc.)
It gives your friend list and a box to type names
You either search or select the people you want in the party
AND THEN YOU QUEUE UP AS A GROUP instead of the confusing bohicky we have now.

This way you do NOT have all the trouble with finding each other before lobbies fill up, matches begin or whatever. It's easy to add or remove people from the group before you start. Just something that makes it easier on all of us =)

Deal please? :naughty:

-Floipd

Lomonop
12th Aug 2014, 09:18
You can (or at least could before the party system became broken) team up before entering a lobby. Just send an invite to the people you want in your party.
However, I agree that this is not as clear as having a [Create Party] button.

Floipd
13th Aug 2014, 05:56
You can (or at least could before the party system became broken) team up before entering a lobby. Just send an invite to the people you want in your party.
However, I agree that this is not as clear as having a [Create Party] button.
Ah ok, guess I missed the possibility to group up before queue with all the troubles going on. And thanks for feeling the same way about this =)

Floipd
23rd Aug 2014, 15:43
Unfortunately I have to come back here after some time has passed, but it seems there is no possibility of partying up before entering a queue, contrary to the previous posts suggesting there is.

So with this I would like to put this issue (back) in the spotlights, and urge people to think about a system like I mentioned in the OP.

Thanks

OnlyLogic
24th Aug 2014, 15:21
Extra buttons? Ew.

Seriously though, I've NEVER had a problem with creating a party, even with others who have. Joining parties and lobbies are the problem. Are you SURE you can't invite friends and create a party just in the 'Play' screen before joining a lobby?

TendrilSavant
24th Aug 2014, 19:06
Parties not working correctly is an issue for many, OnlyLogic.

Server-Based Party System
Parties will also be moving to a server so they behave more like grouping up in an MMO (e.g. World of Warcraft). Many of the current party problems stem from the fact that they're dependent on user connections and are therefore affected by router settings, firewalls, etc. Moving to server-based party creation should solve all of the outstanding problems with party formation and searching.

On top of that, I'm not sure if they are planning any change to the UI when forming parties.

Unhomemade
25th Aug 2014, 01:46
Party works fine for me except ocasionaly being thrown into a game by myself, or my friends thrown into the other team, but heck most games are so easy that i enjoy facing my friends for that extra challenge, i've got 113 wins and 13 losses, all the losses are because of my party being splitt

Floipd
25th Aug 2014, 18:23
Yes, parties work fine for me, even getting into one is something that can be achieved with the old system rerolled. However creating the party is a lot more complex than I think it can or should be.
I can´t create a group before queueing, thus I have to make one person enter a lobby, and then quickly join or get invited before the lobby fills up.

THAT´s why I want a way to easily and reliably create a party before queueing. It´s too much trial-and-error for me right now.
Am I the only one that has this problem?

Sanguise23
25th Aug 2014, 21:08
just started having party issues this weekend, normally can form a party pre-lobby just fine but had to go to lobby and have friends join via friends list, although i have been soloing more than partying so.......

Bazielim
25th Aug 2014, 21:34
I'm afraid I'd have to say I'm in the same boat as Flopid - I've never been able to form a party pre-lobby and most of the people I play with have had the same thing, thus we'd virtually abandoned that method of partying and always attempted on the fly invites these days. I'd assumed that it was something that wasn't functional on EU servers yet.

Lomonop
27th Aug 2014, 11:44
I'd assumed that it was something that wasn't functional on EU servers yet.
I'm always playing on EU servers and it worked for me most of the time. I should mention however, that I haven't played in a party for a few months now (I wasn't trying, though).

Sileee
28th Aug 2014, 01:27
Personally I've never had issues partying with friends before searching for a game, as long as all party members are given 2 invites to the party. I don't know why but after accepting the second invite in a row the player usually gets in to the party. It's also key that all members restart the game before hand.