PDA

View Full Version : Permanent weapons + possible new class suggestion

MrCursy
11th Aug 2014, 22:36
Hello!

I think the weapons you get from founder pack chests should be permanent ( not the 30 day period ) since you pay for them you should have them right? The booster is another story, paying for faster leveling ( time = money ) I understand that.

As for the new class I think a female vampire ( succubus oriented) should be nice. With paralyzing skills and being able to turn allies on each other!

cmstache
11th Aug 2014, 22:55
They are permanent. The timer is only for the stat changes (which can be recharged with gold OR runestones.) It's a common misconception. Also, the timer for weapons/skills is based on in-game time currently.

RainaAudron
11th Aug 2014, 23:06
I´ll just add that the last two possible vampire classes are the Melchahim (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Melchahim) and Rahabim. (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Rahabim)

MrCursy
12th Aug 2014, 08:31
Thanks for the replies guys and to clearing some stuff up :)

Lomonop
12th Aug 2014, 09:15
I´ll just add that the last two possible vampire classes are the Melchahim (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Melchahim) and Rahabim. (http://legacyofkain.wikia.com/wiki/Rahabim)
Of which at least the first one (that will be out) is going to be female.

kainran
12th Aug 2014, 23:13
I was actually hoping that the hylden would make an appearance more of a magic oriented character

Sorrowgate
12th Aug 2014, 23:40
I was actually hoping that the hylden would make an appearance more of a magic oriented character

I don't think we'll see a character that is Hylden specifically but there's nothing stopping a magic oriented class. I still like the idea of a human that uses magic as a primary weapon, though to be honest I'd probably stick with the Prophet anyway. There are few things cooler than a gun mage.

Phytik
13th Aug 2014, 00:36
They are permanent. The timer is only for the stat changes (which can be recharged with gold OR runestones.) It's a common misconception. Also, the timer for weapons/skills is based on in-game time currently.

I dont quite understand this sir. Sorry :X
Are "timer-weapons/skills" better than permanent weapons/skills ? And what exact stat change is there ? Is there a article to that ?

Sorrowgate
13th Aug 2014, 00:56
I dont quite understand this sir. Sorry :X
Are "timer-weapons/skills" better than permanent weapons/skills ? And what exact stat change is there ? Is there a article to that ?

Some weapons have stats on them (like say Weapon spread +8% Weapon recoil -8%). The timer reflects how long those stat changes will be active and is refreshable. The weapons they are attached to are permanent, if the timer runs out they will just act like a normal version of that weapon. The stats always have any positives coupled with a negative (usually balanced like my example though the class specific rewards I've gotten have been a little mixed) so it's more of a tradeoff than a strict upgrade.

cmstache
13th Aug 2014, 01:27
Sorrow is correct. However, some people don't like the stats they have. The developers have hinted at re-rolling type features for this scenario. When the stat timer runs out, the weapons defaults to a standard weapon of that type.

Phytik
13th Aug 2014, 10:13
Is there a difference in stats of a full time rent item and the permanent item ?

Sorrowgate
13th Aug 2014, 13:07
Is there a difference in stats of a full time rent item and the permanent item ?

All weapons of one type (let's use the Fullbore Cannon as an example) have the same base stats, spread, damage, clip size, the stats you can read on any item you bought remain true on other items of the same type, but those items might have extra stats stapled on.

The normal Fullbore Cannon does 250 damage per shot, with a 1.2 fire rate, a clip of 5, 30 ammo 0.6 (per grenade) reload time and 250 area radius, but the Fullbore Cannon my Alchemist has from the level 5 class reward has the same stats PLUS +10% stun resist and +5% reload speed (which seems like odd wording to me but that's meant to be a negative stat). The Item Charge is 30days meaning that after 30 days of game time the bonus stats will stop being applied until I recharge the weapon.

Rented items are basically the same as permanent items, no extra stats, that's pretty much just a "try before you buy" feature.