PDA

View Full Version : Summoner feeding interrupt question

SonixSquad
24th Jul 2015, 19:38
I played against a Summoner last night.

There was a point in the match where I got killed and left the Summoner on 5HP.

They began to feed on a corpse but got interrupted by a Hunter Bola. You can see their HP has increased even though they were interrupted.

Summoner then got their shield up (after getting their HP reduced by the Hunter back down to around 10HP) and the Vamp team saved them from the Hunter.

The Summoner then began to feed AGAIN on another corpse (not the same corpse).

This raised the following question for me:

Does the HP/Blood UI gradually fill up (when feeding, not talking about Regen - this happened in less than 10 seconds) or do they need to finish the feed animation to get HP at all?
I'm confused. :scratch:
I was under the impression that if they did not finish the animation, they got no HP back.

8L0ftPpd3T8

Drewpk
24th Jul 2015, 19:45
Hey Sonix, send me that video I'd like to check it out!

I don't know for sure, but it seems to me that there is a small delay like .5 to 1 second between when they actually get health and still interruptible.

SonixSquad
24th Jul 2015, 21:04
I think in this case the Bola was just too late but the feeding animation (blood explosion) only completes AFTER the Bola hits the Summoner which is what caused the confusion.

riccetto80
25th Jul 2015, 21:36
i saw something similar happen too, guess is a bug, or a exploit or a cheat.

ParadoxicalOmen
26th Jul 2015, 18:08
I recall there was a post about this...but sadly i don't remember which one (not sure if blog post, or game update description).

Anyway, basically the new executions may have different times from the default ones, in other words they may take longer or less to finish..so the devs tweaked this so you receive health at same time, independent of which execution you are using...

But the strange thing is, the video shows the default execution...so either this is some cheat/exploit, or the NEW summoner execution takes less time to finish and thus the default execution makes you receive health before the the animation finishes...

Ghuldarkar
26th Jul 2015, 19:48
That's pretty much just the usual lag/server communication issue. To one player/server the summoner was just finished with her meal while for you it showed slightly delayed thus not finished. Same thing with getting shot by stuff that was clearly miss and behind walls etc.

Psyonix_Ryan
27th Jul 2015, 21:17
If you come across any instances of this, let us know and toss us a bug report (http://www.nosgoth.com/bug_report). Any additional videos would be good, too. In the meantime I'm going to ask our QA team to try it out and if anything substantial shakes loose, we'll let you know.

Da_Wolv
27th Jul 2015, 21:44
I doubt theres anything to this.

The Summoners feeding animation is (or at least feels like) the fastest of all the executions, add to that the client side hit detection, I don't think this is malicious or a bug.

Now - there could be an argument made on when in the animation the health increase should happen.
I have had multiple instances where the animation was almost done, the vampire already dripping blood from his mouth, but the heal has not yet commenced, and I ultimately died.