PDA

View Full Version : Ask your Lara Croft GO questions!

NicolasVerge
24th Jul 2015, 14:25
Hey everyone,

As we get closer and closer to the release of Lara Croft GO, I felt like our fans should be able to ask their questions about the game and make sure they are heard.

So this is exactly what this thread is for. Post your questions about the game and we will try and answer them as time goes on. Also, as a Community Manager, this tells me exactly what you guys what to hear and see from us.

This is your chance to shape the content you'll see from me so ask away! ;)

Cheers!

Tecstar70
24th Jul 2015, 16:00
What platforms will it appear on?

a_big_house
24th Jul 2015, 16:04
^ Good question *prays for PS4*

Awesome! Thanks Nick!

- Will there be unlockable outfits?
- IIRC, in an interview you said there were around 40 levels? Has that amount increased? And what to?
- Will there be a level creator / uploader so we can challenge friends?
- Does GO tie in with any of the previous Lara Croft titles? (GoL, Osiris, Relic Run)
- Do you have a release date yet?
- Are the any plans for expansion levels, later on after the game has been released?

I'll be back to think of more :D

TranceTrouble
24th Jul 2015, 16:14
- I'm very curious about the length of the game, how long will it take an average player to get through the game?
- Are you guys planning any (Free)DLC for this in the future, being extra levels, weapons, boosts?
- Will there be several difficulty levels? and how is this applied, will puzzles get harder/larger?
- How did the dev team come up with the different kind of puzzles. Do all puzzles start on a big whiteboard where the team sits around and discuss the possibilities?
- What kind of problems did the dev team walk into developing this game?

a_big_house
28th Jul 2015, 10:33
Thought of another couple :D

- What kind of enemies will we find in the game? (We've seen snakes)
- Will the game include some extras? (As in concept art, soundtrack, that sort of stuff)

EDIT:

Watched a vid to recap, have more questions

- The giant snake (I assume snake) we see in the videos, will that be a boss fight or sorts?
- If yes, will there be more than just that one boss?

Relight-TRHQ
2nd Aug 2015, 06:30
- Will there be different environments in addition to the jungle environment we've seen so far? I can only imagine and hope that there will be! :D

- Will the game have a "conceit" for the levels or for sets of levels? Hitman GO was styled where each set of levels was a board game, and you unlocked more boards as you went, and each board had a distinct style/environment and different enemies and that type of thing. Will there be something similar for Lara Croft GO? Such as maybe each set of related levels is a Lara Croft comic book, with the cover showing the environment those levels take place in?! That would be cool!

- Hitman GO had multiple goals for each level. Depending on your level of completion, you achieved up to 3 points per level, which then contributed to unlocking further boards. Will Lara Croft GO also have a similar system of "points" or "achievements" for each level completion, which adds to replayability?

- Release date...... :p

EliParker28
4th Aug 2015, 03:39
Will the game be released on the Windows 10 App store?

NicolasVerge
4th Aug 2015, 21:05
Hey guys,

Here is a first batch of answers :

- IIRC, in an interview you said there were around 40 levels? Has that amount increased? And what to?
Same thing as what was said in the interview, we're at about 75 puzzles, contained in 40 levels, split into 5 chapters. (Hopefully that's clear! ;) )

- Does GO tie in with any of the previous Lara Croft titles? (GoL, Osiris, Relic Run)

No direct tie-in. Lara Croft GO has it's own story arc.

- Will there be several difficulty levels? and how is this applied, will puzzles get harder/larger?

No difficulty level but we do introduce various mechanics as you progress through the game. Levels get larger and more difficult, but you'll have a better understanding of the game's mechanics when you get to that point.

The giant snake (I assume snake) we see in the videos, will that be a boss fight or sorts?

That giant snake you mention there is the Queen of Venom. She is a terrifying, mythical beast that will track you all throughout your adventure. I'll let you discover what happens with her when you play the game! ;)

Will there be different environments in addition to the jungle environment we've seen so far? I can only imagine and hope that there will be!

As I said there are 5 chapters, so you'll have pretty much a different set of environments for every chapter. We'll release screens soon so you'll be able to see the variety I'm talking about!

Will the game have a "conceit" for the levels or for sets of levels?

No "conceit" as Hitman GO, but you do select levels from Lara's diary. It's much more of a "real" adventure in Lara Croft GO.

Will Lara Croft GO also have a similar system of "points" or "achievements" for each level completion, which adds to replayability?

No point system this time around but reputability is built around hidden items in the environnement that can unlock content in-game.

"What kind of content?" I hear you saying to your monitor... That's something I'll answer next time! ;)

Keep the questions coming!

TranceTrouble
4th Aug 2015, 21:23
Thanks Nicolas, very nice to see those questions answered. :D

Hey guys,
No point system this time around but reputability is built around hidden items in the environnement that can unlock content in-game.

"What kind of content?" I hear you saying to your monitor... That's something I'll answer next time! ;)

I bet the content has something to do with evil jafa cakes that give Lara evil superpowers :rasp:

a_big_house
5th Aug 2015, 20:20
Awesome answers, so far :D

- What features exist in the game, to make us want to go back and replay the levels?

Telekill
6th Aug 2015, 22:45
Will my Samsung Galaxy S5 be powerful enough to run it?

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Aug 2015, 14:25
Aren't y'all doing some art contest for it? Could swore I read that online somewhere.

NicolasVerge
7th Aug 2015, 19:12
Aren't y'all doing some art contest for it? Could swore I read that online somewhere.

Everything is explained right here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=160228

WinterSoldierLTE
7th Aug 2015, 23:08
Everything is explained right here: http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=160228

Oh my bad, I totally missed that. Sorry.

NicolasVerge
10th Aug 2015, 14:37
Oh my bad, I totally missed that. Sorry.

No worries! ;)

Jon_DR
11th Aug 2015, 10:56
Hi NicolasVerge,

What would you consider the minimum range of devices or mobile GPUs that you might recommend for playing the game smoothly? Is the performance demands of Lara Croft GO comparable to Hitman GO?

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy S3 which is beginning to really show its age. Hitman GO runs fine, however I recently tried to play Hitman Sniper but found the frame rate too erratic and had to refund the game. I'd really like to play Lara Croft GO without worrying about performance. I've been planning to buy a new phone in the next few months but may bring that forward to before the game is released if necessary.

Thanks.

Relight-TRHQ
29th Aug 2015, 23:46
Great game I love everything about it! Thank you so much for bringing back the old Tomb Raider we love in a brand new and stylish way :thumb: :flowers: I don't have a smartphone so I'm playing using BlueStacks and I was wondering, is it just me or whenever you turn the game off and turn it back on you start all over again at the entrance? I don't see anything that could point to saving the current game :/
The game tracks your progress and you should be able to continue from where you left off by selecting the appropriate journal/notebook and then flipping the pages to the level you're on.

I haven't used BlueStacks - installed it once and was not pleased with some of the things it did - so it may be a BlueStacks issue.

As a non-mobile option, if you have Windows 8 or Windows 10, you can get it through Windows Store and play it natively on Windows!

Jon_DR
30th Aug 2015, 00:57
Hi, could you provide some hints or advice on how to get the Master Builder achievement? I only have this one left and it seems genuinely impossible. I've put more hours into trying to get it than I did on completing the game. I'm really starting to think it's not even possible in the current version, perhaps some sort of development mistake. There is nowhere where 3 pillars can be stacked on top of each other.

Your help would be massively appreciated. Thanks.

Treeble
30th Aug 2015, 03:12
There is nowhere where 3 pillars can be stacked on top of each other.

Answered here (http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=165330&p=2155203#post2155203). :)

Nintynuts
30th Aug 2015, 23:39
Really enjoyed the game so far. Played it for one evening and have done nearly 4 of the journals. My favourite bit has been the reference to the classic inventory menu on the title screen. I like that completing relics gives you costumes, but it would have been better if the costumes related more to the levels, so they felt appropriate to be using them (each journal's costume would be appropriate for the next journal's levels).

It was already asked twice before by 'a_big_house' (Are the any plans for expansion levels, later on after the game has been released?) and 'trancetrouble' (Are you guys planning any (Free)DLC for this in the future, being extra levels, weapons, boosts?), but as it's not yet been answered, I shall ask again - Will there be more content for this game in future, and if so, how much and will I have to pay more for it?

Thanks

peppo1981
31st Aug 2015, 16:19
i bought this game for lumia 1520 but when i try to play level 10 of the stone labyrinth it dosnt load the level
http://i.imgur.com/DM83hgx.jpg
is there anybody that have the same problem?
thanks

Horikati
31st Aug 2015, 22:47
Hi there,

So I'm wondering about the unbreakable (gem?) pot in The Maze of Stones - The Terrace of Forked Tongues level. It's on screen for a fraction of a second and I've replayed the level countless times and I have deemed it literally impossible to get. What's up with that?

Relight-TRHQ
31st Aug 2015, 22:58
Horitaki - I haven't experienced any problems getting all the gems and relic fragments.

Which area of Terrace of Forked Tongues are you in? That level has 3 areas.

The first area has 2 gems, the second area has 1 relic, the third area has 1 gem.

What device are you playing on?

peppo1981, unfortunately I don't have any ideas about your problem. Hopefully Nicolas from Square Enix Montreal is still around and can check this out for you. It's good to know what model phone you have. I assume you already tried obvious steps such as quitting the app and loading the app again. I also suggest trying to turn off your phone completely, turn it back on, and then try again.

NicolasVerge
1st Sep 2015, 15:29
i bought this game for lumia 1520 but when i try to play level 10 of the stone labyrinth it dosnt load the level
http://i.imgur.com/DM83hgx.jpg
is there anybody that have the same problem?
thanks

We're aware of that issue and are working hard on solving it. Next update should fix the bug. Sorry about that.

arnpsyke
2nd Sep 2015, 19:26
I have wrong graphics on Nokia 2520 . But hitman go rune fine. Have hou a solution ?