PDA

View Full Version : HUMANS Outrunning a vampire

Vampmaster
11th Aug 2014, 11:08
Can you outrun a vampire as a human or not? Every guide I've read says that vampires are faster than humans even when the humans are sprinting, but playing over the weekend I chased a human for considerable distance in a straight line and couldn't keep up. I ended up running straight into the rest of the team like an idiot.

Razaiim
11th Aug 2014, 12:13
If you can hit them then you can lock Em down. Right now the best way to chase is to melee then dodge to clip the animation and it lets cover that ground just fast enough to nail speed perk humans

Pisthetaerus
11th Aug 2014, 12:58
Vampires have charge attacks and a wide variety of abilities that let them stun/range humans. Once you land your first hit they'll have a pretty hard time running away from you. If human a lone human is able to run away from you it's because you let them.

Vampmaster
11th Aug 2014, 13:09
Yeah, well the gap looked too big to land a hit (50/50 anyway) and like I said, every guide says vampires are faster, so I thought I'd get a bit closer before striking. The human wasn't doing any clever dodging or anything, just running in a straight line.

OnlyLogic
11th Aug 2014, 13:31
If you hit them, they fumble, so you can keep hitting them. Left click a couple of times and if it doesn't connect, climb a building and go back to stalking.

henrychenn
11th Aug 2014, 14:44
What you should do to catch them is slash then dodge even if you're far away, this closes the gap keep slashing and dodging then sooner or later you will catch up to them, if you can't get used to the dodging just keep hitting instead of chasing, you move a lot faster

Vampmaster
11th Aug 2014, 15:01
What you should do to catch them is slash then dodge even if you're far away, this closes the gap keep slashing and dodging then sooner or later you will catch up to them, if you can't get used to the dodging just keep hitting instead of chasing, you move a lot faster

Yeah, I've done that before, but from reading the guides it seemed like closing the gap by chasing first would be more reliable. I guess they're not as accurate as I thought.

Razaiim
11th Aug 2014, 15:52
Yeah, I've done that before, but from reading the guides it seemed like closing the gap by chasing first would be more reliable. I guess they're not as accurate as I thought.

I think the Dodge slash technique is relatively new, and came after many of the guides were made.

Saturnity
11th Aug 2014, 18:52
I think the Dodge slash technique is relatively new, and came after many of the guides were made.

Dodge-slash has been around for a very long time. It's just now getting popular with more people.

Exiled998
12th Aug 2014, 01:41
dodge slash will work most of the times unless ur a tyrant but then again as a tyrant if ur having trouble chasing either wait for charge to get off CD and ram his rear or wait for ur jump to cooldown , see where he's going if is a supply station then just land the jump on his head =P

OnlyLogic
12th Aug 2014, 05:39
Once again, stalking prevails. Vampires aren't ALL hack and slash.

zumbledum
14th Aug 2014, 11:42
to actually answer teh question , no vampires are not faster than a sprinting human. i think (but im new to) they are the same speed.

cmstache
14th Aug 2014, 11:56
Can you outrun a vampire as a human or not? Every guide I've read says that vampires are faster than humans even when the humans are sprinting, but playing over the weekend I chased a human for considerable distance in a straight line and couldn't keep up. I ended up running straight into the rest of the team like an idiot.

The community guides were written before weapons with stats were released. It's impossible to outrun a vampire in a straight line with fleet-footed (perk). However, you can often do it even without if you have proper use of the terrain and dodge-rolls as a human. If you add in weapon/skill stat bonuses it IS possible to run as fast as a vampire can go. If you see someone using this build try to use skills like leap attack, charge, or a sentinel.

Vampmaster
14th Aug 2014, 12:05
The community guides were written before weapons with stats were released. It's impossible to outrun a vampire in a straight line with fleet-footed (perk). However, you can often do it even without if you have proper use of the terrain and dodge-rolls as a human. If you add in weapon/skill stat bonuses it IS possible to run as fast as a vampire can go. If you see someone using this build try to use skills like leap attack, charge, or a sentinel.

The human wasn't dodge-rolling, just running in a straight line like I was. I guess they could have been using stat bonuses like you said.

OnlyLogic
14th Aug 2014, 15:03
Devs: Custom servers please so all these can be tested individually. I know, you guys are doing it yourselves already, but at least give us the stats.