PDA

View Full Version : Level 50 Skin?

GenFeelGood
19th Jul 2015, 03:44
How about a skin for the level 50 reward, and having a community poll on which class gets the skin here on the forum, like we did when we got the recolored prophet skin?

Which class would you want to have the level 50 skin and what would you like for that skin?

I'd personally like it to go to the Vanguard, with a heavy cuirass that is made from a repurposed shield.

Gugulug5000
19th Jul 2015, 06:04
I think that level 50 players should be rewarded somehow, but I don't think it should be another skin. Odds are that if someone is level 50, they already have tons of skins through daily rewards, getting to level 25, or from buying them from the store. I just reached level 50 and I have at least one alternate skin for every class.

I'd rather they reward us with something else, though honestly, I'm not sure what would be best. Maybe the option to convert gold to runestones at a 10:1 ratio or something.

But, if we are going to get a skin as the reward, I would prefer either Sentinel or Deceiver, though I'm not sure on specifics.

KaininitePriestess
19th Jul 2015, 11:18
Since they might have to raise the level cap in the future (depending on how many classes they release, since they've said they would like to do more then just 12) they may not be planning on doing something for max levels. Maybe a banner, if they do decide to do something? That way it's not restricted to only one class? Though I'm not necessarily looking for anything myself. I'm just going to be happy once I get my classes up to lvl25 finally. 5 more to go! It's taking forever!

Vampmaster
19th Jul 2015, 11:28
Reaching levrl 50 should:

Unlock the art gallery and lore library.
Remove XP boosters from random drops and chests or add something to trade a ton of them for.
Make elemental boosters available to cause MIs to have specific visual effects.
A level 50 banner,
Banners for accumulating a massive amount if gold.
Maybe skins that require 100000 gold or trade for 50 boosters. (Not unfeasible because I'm half way there on both!)

DarkShaolin
20th Jul 2015, 22:08
^This sounds great!

Saikocat
21st Jul 2015, 17:05
It isn't something we're planning at the moment, though I'll share the suggestion here! We will however be doing something else that is related, that we'll talk about more soon, stay tuned :)

Gugulug5000
25th Jul 2015, 09:56
Since they might have to raise the level cap in the future (depending on how many classes they release, since they've said they would like to do more then just 12) they may not be planning on doing something for max levels. Maybe a banner, if they do decide to do something? That way it's not restricted to only one class? Though I'm not necessarily looking for anything myself. I'm just going to be happy once I get my classes up to lvl25 finally. 5 more to go! It's taking forever!

Well they could always implement class unlock artifacts in other ways. They could make some available for gold, daily rewards, or through crafting. I think they could stop at level 50 if they really wanted to. I agree though that the reward shouldn't be something related to just one class.

It isn't something we're planning at the moment, though I'll share the suggestion here! We will however be doing something else that is related, that we'll talk about more soon, stay tuned :)

I always get excited when I hear about secret plans from the developers. Now I'm curious as to what it could be...

FearGhoul
26th Jul 2015, 02:39
The reward will for level 50 will be the ability to play as The Unspoken. He'll be available to either side, using fire bolts of death and summoning demons for Humans, and he uses huge claws and flame breath and stuff for close combat fighting alongside the Vampires, the descendants of his good buddy and sparring partner, Kain. One disadvantage for him is the fact that he's a giant demon about three times the size of the Tyrant.

Oh man, I wish.... Who cares if it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever! :D

Bazielim
26th Jul 2015, 10:48
Who cares if it would make absolutely no sense whatsoever! :D
I do:rasp:

KaininitePriestess
26th Jul 2015, 23:06
Well they could always implement class unlock artifacts in other ways. They could make some available for gold, daily rewards, or through crafting. I think they could stop at level 50 if they really wanted to. I agree though that the reward shouldn't be something related to just one class.

I really hope they don't make class-unlocks for later levels based on things like daily rewards or crafting or gold. Daily rewards are notoriously stingy with the really coveted unlocks, and they're prone to giving multiples. What is someone going to do if they have 5 class unlock tokens and there's only 2 classes to unlock? Crafting is a nifty addition, but one that isn't used much at this point in time, and having the effects of the alchemy be random would add another layer of frustration if they made class unlocks dependent on getting the right rng roll instead of just working toward it like you do with levelling.

I'm not saying that they shouldn't have a special reward because they already have class unlocks, of course, I just don't know how the potential for a constantly-rising level cap will effect these sorts of things.

Perhaps if they have a level 50 reward, and then leave that one in place when they raise the cap again, and then also have one for the next metaphorical "level 50". So by the time we run out of classes to unlock we'll have, say, a level 50 reward that's like "Bronze," a level 75 reward that's like a "silver" level reward, and a level 100 reward that's something really super nice.

Vampmaster
27th Jul 2015, 00:18
Yeah, class unlocks should stay as rewards for levelling up or purchased with rune stones. Reaching the max level should definitely unlock something like skins or features though. Once you're at a point where XP, gold and temporary become useless, they should either stop dropping or be repaced with something else or be made exchangeable for special rewards as I was saying before.

I'm not sure raising the level cap all the way to 100 is practical. The XP required increases exponentially each time you level up, so the time needed to reach level 100 might be many times longer than it took to reach 50. It might take longer than people are willing to invest.

Gugulug5000
27th Jul 2015, 01:40
@KaininitePriestess: I actually think they've tweaked the daily reward odds so the more coveted items aren't so hard to get; I managed to get all of the skins within a couple of months (plus two extras for trading later). You're right though, you shouldn't be able to get duplicate class unlock artifacts, but if they did put them in the daily rewards they should probably be a one time thing that doesn't come back after you get it. Crafting would need some work before being able to do this too because, like you said already, it's pretty random right now. I like your idea of tiered rewards though if they do raise the level cap more.

@Vampmaster: I agree fully on exchanging useless items. Runestones seems like the simplest option for trading those items, but I'm sure they can come up with something better. As for leveling, they would probably need to stop increasing the level exponentially after level 50 and just make the levels all be for the same value if they wanted to keep increasing. I shudder to think how long it would take to get to level 100 with exponential increase (it would take forever even without it).

KaininitePriestess
27th Jul 2015, 19:23
I'm not sure raising the level cap all the way to 100 is practical. The XP required increases exponentially each time you level up, so the time needed to reach level 100 might be many times longer than it took to reach 50. It might take longer than people are willing to invest.

I apologize, I forgot to mention that the number "100" was just a random, rhetorical number I came up with to illustrate my point. Yeah, levelling to 100 would take forever, I'm not even going to pretend it wouldn't. :eek:

@KaininitePriestess: I actually think they've tweaked the daily reward odds so the more coveted items aren't so hard to get; I managed to get all of the skins within a couple of months (plus two extras for trading later). You're right though, you shouldn't be able to get duplicate class unlock artifacts, but if they did put them in the daily rewards they should probably be a one time thing that doesn't come back after you get it. Crafting would need some work before being able to do this too because, like you said already, it's pretty random right now. I like your idea of tiered rewards though if they do raise the level cap more.

Yeah, they did make some changes to that, so it helped a lot. I finally got all of the extra skins on the DR system that I hadn't had, though by that time I didn't have a use for them because I mistakenly thought I'd be able to get them fairly quickly and levelled my Tyrant up to 25 with the intention of using the reward skin while levelling him. :/

The tiered-rewards system seems the most enjoyable to me, tbh (though I suppose that's true of any suggestion a person makes - they'll like theirs the most) since it gives an added incentive to continue playing even after you've gotten your class-unlock tokens and have your classes all levelled up to max.

Maybe for the "metaphorical level 100," there could be a buff or something that adds a special FX to all of your weapons/attacks that you could turn off and on. So you wouldn't have it restricted to just one class, and you'd have that fancy-pretty-shiny effect that goes off when you're in the game that tells everyone "Oh snap! That's a level 100! I'm so toast!" while still being able to be sneaky and invisible when you're playing Deceiver, since I've heard that MI's make Deceivers' arms still glow and give away their location when they're in battle. :p

Chulo86
28th Jul 2015, 11:49
well, I was hoping level 50 would be the fully devolved vampire skins you see in soul reaver. (but with updated graphics.)
that was actually my suggestion before level cap was raised.

I'd figure well......
if level 25 gives you the evolved skins level 50 should give you the De-volved skins.

there were some that thought I was crazy because level 50 wasn't out at the time......

EDIT:

as for the exalted chest, maybe I wasn't really fallowing the forum on regular basses but I thought the humans were also getting hylden possession? a.k.a marked humans or rather marked new age sarafan. (<<-- suggestion.)

KaininitePriestess
28th Jul 2015, 15:14
Nope, the humans get "Exalted" skin in the chests, basically really nifty, unusual skins for the humans that look super kitted-out and covered in exotic armour.

Chulo86
28th Jul 2015, 21:54
Nope, the humans get "Exalted" skin in the chests, basically really nifty, unusual skins for the humans that look super kitted-out and covered in exotic armour.

ahh I see.....

I don't know, I guess when I saw these I thought they were bringing back the sarafan.

as a vampire it would give more reason to hate the humans,
and when playing as human it would give the player this guilty pleasure in killing vampires :P

they can probably still do it with these. (just give them sarafan symbols here or there and all set :) )
I still find it very confusing why the exalted chests give the two factions different properties when they should be the same,
being the beta they can probably still change it, nothing too dramatic just some glowing eyes and a darker pallet for their armor/clothing :)

or if they're willing,
they can be a little more creative and add green holes and such :)