PDA

View Full Version : PERKS Suggestions for more focussed crafting

SonixSquad
19th Jul 2015, 01:32
There are 10 different potential Buffs for Vampires and Humans, each with at least 3 or 4 random debuffs that usually appear alongside them (yes I have counted them).

Basically, its way too random the way it is now.

SUGGESTION 1: ADD NEW MATS

What I am suggesting is that you introduce a method which removes SOME of the RNG and allows us to narrow down the odds to 3 buffs instead of 10.

Lets say Gold, Silver and Bronze materials drop alongside the regular mats.

Now split the existing Buffs into groups of 3 and assign each group a metal (Gold, Silver or Bronze).

EXAMPLE 1 VAMPIRE RECIPE CRAFTING

Crafting with Gold:
Attack Speed
Dodge D+C
Max Health

Crafting with Silver:
DmgWhnBlw
Regen
Move Speed

Crafting with Bronze:
On Kill
Cooldown
StopPowRsist
WallClimbSpeed

It just makes it a little more focussed and less random! Theres still a chance to not get what you want but at least you are poking in the right direction now.

SUGGESTION 2: USAGE OF UNUSED ITEMS IN INVENTORY TO CRAFT

Same as Suggestion 1 but instead of adding new materials, just allow us to add random stuff we already have that is not useful to some.

Add a box into which you can add random things like Boosters, CHESTS!, errrm... NAME TAGS!
You do this at the time of crafting!

Depending on what you added, increases the odds of adding certain buffs.

EXAMPLE 2 VAMPIRE RECIPE CRAFTING

Crafting with Chest:
Attack Speed
Dodge D+C
Max Health

Crafting with Name Tag:
DmgWhnBlw
Regen
Move Speed

Crafting with Booster:
On Kill
Cooldown
StopPowRsist
WallClimbSpeed

*Crafting items used above are just examples.

SUGGESTION 3: ALTER EXISTING SYSTEM

So basically, right now we have a bunch of materials that are needed for crafting.
I suggest we keep Blood and the Green Relic Shards as compulsory requirements for a standard recipe of varying amounts depending on wether the item is normal, uncanny, arcane, mysterious etc

However the other 3 materials we use as the deciders for which buff category we are trying to craft.

EXAMPLE 3 VAMPIRE RECIPE CRAFTING

Crafting with Glass:
Attack Speed
Dodge D+C
Max Health

Crafting with QuickSilver:
DmgWhnBlw
Regen
Move Speed

Crafting with DARK MATTER:
On Kill
Cooldown
StopPowRsist
WallClimbSpeed

Discuss!...

Added a third suggestion.

Ghuldarkar
21st Jul 2015, 16:34
This sounds awfully complicated at first sight. I'd rather just be able to salvage items like boosters, chests and name tags, but not make certain effects bound to those items when used in forging, since they all are heavily dependant on luck (i've had a grand total of 2 name tag drops so far and while I had no boosters last month I got 2 weeks worth of boosters in the last week).

SonixSquad
21st Jul 2015, 17:10
This sounds awfully complicated at first sight. I'd rather just be able to salvage items like boosters, chests and name tags, but not make certain effects bound to those items when used in forging, since they all are heavily dependant on luck (i've had a grand total of 2 name tag drops so far and while I had no boosters last month I got 2 weeks worth of boosters in the last week).

Well, instead of a simple system where the results are completely random, this idea is a middle ground where there is still randomisation but we get to direct it a little.

As I stated, I have not counted but made numerous attempts and spent well over 30 (now) Blood vials and not received the thing I was after. I think thats a little TOO random.
PS: When I say attempts, I don't mean getting the exact buff and debuff stat combo I want, I mean getting the stat at all.

I'm not sure what you mean by awefully complicated, all you would have to do is add another 'item' to your craft recipe, wether thats another material, a booster or something else depends on how they decide to implement it. The name tag was used as an example of 'junk' items sitting around doing nothing.

Plus theres no reason why they can't implement a system where you can salvage boosters as well as use them as additional recipe ingredients.