PDA

View Full Version : PERKS Suggestion for alternative match ending idea

SonixSquad
18th Jul 2015, 21:05
DISCLAIMER: I am quite aware that none of this may ever get implemented, however I like coming up with these ideas regardless. :) Just hoping some of it may give the devs a few ideas on how to make this awesome game greater!
Also this is primarily intended to add a bit of fun to the Unranked TDM mode and nothing else as of yet.
In my opinion, Ranked TDM should remain hardcore and not for everyone.

I will state my original intentions with this post here so its clear.

1> To provide more choices to the players without spoiling the base game
2> To increase player retention in matches where the odds are stacked against them
3> To provide an incentive to play on even though the match is won/lost.
4> To provide an opportunity to earn more required BloodVials (for recharging, reforging etc)

(Trying to) keep it simpler this time ;)

The solution I have to all of the above is to add on an extension at the end of a TDM match.
Currently the match ends when a score that cannot be beaten is reached by one team.
Even though there is still time left on the clock, the match ends early.

For those matches that are quite close (10 or less kills difference in total score), usually almost the full rounds are played out. In these situations, I do not think anything else is necessary and the game can end as normal as both sides have played to their fullest. Score screen is shown, rewards given and everyone returned to the lobby, usually happy that they had a GG.

But in those cases where one side is getting beaten quite badly (lets say minimum 12+ points difference in the total score) this is where this new mode will come into play as the match will likely end quite fast.

So 2 possible conditions will trigger this new mode to start:

1> Minimum of 20 total points difference during the first round (game is paused and VOTING commences as described above). Remaining round time is ignored in this case.
2> Minimum of 13 total points difference on the 2nd round with less than 3 minutes remaining on the match timer.

These 2 conditions are good indicators of how the match may be/have been a bit one sided.
The incentive to stay on the losing team and not quit is provided via the new system that kicks in when it detects one sided matches.

BLOODBATH !
Lets call it a new Game Mode that is started upon certain conditions (as set out above) being met in a TDM match (unranked for now) with slightly different rules and rewards during this period.
However it is an opt in decision. Noone should be forced to play on, hence the following choices are offered when the conditions are met:

NOTE: Stats are not affected during this mode as TeamWide buffs & debuffs (depending on if you won or lost) are applied. Its simply for Blood and a chance at Avengeance !

The game is paused and a VOTE MENU appears on screen, each player has 10 seconds to vote.

VOTING OPTIONS AS LOSING TEAM

Surrender !
You do not wish to play on, in fact you’d rather grab your earnings and leave this lobby asap.
Your match rewards are awarded, you gain a match LOSS and you are returned to a lobby. Your place will not be filled.

LAST STAND !
Your team has LOST the match but it is not over and the blood of your enemies will be spilt before your last dying breath! This is a chance or your team to redeem itself and walk away at least with some BLOOD. Your team will receive a teamwide BUFF (TBD) increasing your chance to slaughter your adversaries and get sweeet revenge!
Every *execution you perform earns your team pool 1 BloodVial which is divided at the end of the duration amongst the remaining team.

*NOTE: Executing for Humans means getting the killshot on a Vampire (when they explode).

VOTING OPTIONS AS WINNING TEAM

Retreat !
You do not wish to fight anymore, having already won, you need to treat your wounds and count your gold. Your match rewards are awarded, you gain a match WIN and you are returned to a lobby. Your place will not be filled.

KILL ‘EM ALL !
Your team has WON and the enemy has been defeated but we must make an example of them ! Let none get away alive !
You agree to play on under the new conditions. Your team will receive a teamwide DEBUFF (TBD). You have pushed the enemy to the verge of annihilation and now they are pissed!
Every *execution you perform earns your team pool 1 BloodVial which is divided at the end of the duration amongst the remaining team.

*NOTE: Executing for Humans means getting the killshot on a Vampire (when they explode).

BLOODBATH ROUND RULES

The above voting options are offered during a 10 second match pause once some predefined conditions are met.
At any point during this extended mode, any player can vote to retreat/surrender, get their match rewards, loss/win and be put back into a lobby. However they will only get Bloodbath rewards after completing the Bloodbath round.
The new conditions for the match are:

Stats such as MMR, K/D etc are not affected during this mode.
Map size is reduced to a smaller size (TBD) so as to avoid chasing and hiding during the limited time left.
Losing team has a teamwide buff to increase offensive powers.
Winning team has a teamwide debuff (handicap). They won but they will have to fight harder now if they want additional BLOOD!
BLOODBATH mode round duration is 5 minutes.
Possibly some other reward (XP/Gold/ TBD)

BLOODBATH ROUND END CONDITIONS

A> All losing team players vote to SURRENDER. Bloodbath voters get 1 BloodVial for every Surrender vote.
B> All winning team players vote to RETREAT. Last Stand voters get 1 BloodVial for every Retreat vote.
C> BLOODBATH round timer expires (5 minutes).

TLDR SUMMARY

New game round (5 minutes extension) called Bloodbath that starts only when certain conditions are met within unranked TDM.
Conditions are: minimum 20 kill difference on first round, or minimum 13 on second round with 2 minutes remaining indicating a one sided battle.
Everyone gets to vote on wether they want to play on or not (10 second vote time whilst game is paused).
Voters who choose to Retreat or Surrender get their match rewards win/loss as usual and are returned to lobby.
No stats are earnt during Bloodbath, its simply for fun, to earn some extra blood and revenge.
Winning team gets a debuff, losing team gets a buff making it tougher for the stomping team.
BloodVials are awarded for each execution (human or vampiric) and distributed amongst the remaining players at the end of Bloodbath.
You have to stay the full 5 minutes to get the additional blood but you may choose to leave at any point and just get your match awards.

I think I covered everything, sorry for the long winded post :)

Discuss!

cmstache
18th Jul 2015, 23:54
I think this is a pretty cool idea. Seems pretty original, and is a good middle ground.

KaininitePriestess
19th Jul 2015, 00:21
A surrender function should be an option in the game, I agree, but I don't think that it should completely replace what's just been implemented in the game. I think it should be added to the game so that the team that's getting completely wrecked can vote to quit before they have to go too far. Maybe they have people quit in the middle of the match and they're playing 2v4. Maybe they're not making ANY points and they're getting wrecked. They should be able to say "Hey, let's just concede defeat and give you the win here and now. That way the winning team gets their points, the losing team doesn't have to suffer through getting completely spanked, and everyone's happy.

The only way that I think the suggestion here would work for me is if the people who voted to "leave now" could be allowed to leave without penalty but the people who voted to "battle on" could be allowed to stay, knowing that they've already lost and it's just for kicks and giggles. With that in mind, I think this would work best if the winning team was also give then option to vote. So those that wanted to end the match could just move on with life and go to a new match in a new lobby (that they were placed into automatically) and the ones who wanted to stay could stay in a match that didn't bring anyone else into the rest of the match to replace the leavers.

It seems a bit like the people who voted to surrender at this point would be kind of made to jump through some hoops. "You've voted to surrender, but we're going to keep you in the match and you won't earn any extra points, and if you want to leave, you have to "quit" the match and go through the trouble of finding a brand new lobby all over again." The point of the matches ending the way they do now is to keep from making the losing teams suffer unnecessarily through a lost cause, and the way this suggestion is, it's almost like it's punishing them for being done with the match.

I just honestly think that the matches ending early is fine the way it is. I've been in enough matches that were absolutely one-sided - and have seen it from both sides of the coin equally - to understand how much people may just not want to deal with a match that's that lost. I have no problems with letting the losing team have an easier break with an early end when I'm curbstomping them, just like I'm relieved that I don't have to sit around for 20 mins and get myself stomped because the matches continue without recourse to my team.

Gugulug5000
19th Jul 2015, 05:53
@SonixSquad
I like it. The only issue I see is if the Blood Vials are rewarded based on number of executions, only the vampires will be earning any. Maybe I just overlooked something (I read the TL;DR section since I'm currently busy), but I like the idea of being able to battle on for extra rewards.

SonixSquad
19th Jul 2015, 16:32
I think this is a pretty cool idea. Seems pretty original, and is a good middle ground.

Thanks, I will be trying to improve it based on the feedback.

Thanks for the comments and feedback, I am looking at revisions of the idea as I seem to have missed a few things.

First revision coming up soon.

SonixSquad
19th Jul 2015, 19:31
DISCLAIMER: I am quite aware that none of this may ever get implemented, however I like coming up with these ideas regardless. :) Just hoping some of it may give the devs a few ideas on how to make this awesome game greater!
Also this is primarily intended to add a bit of fun to the Unranked TDM mode and nothing else as of yet.
In my opinion, Ranked TDM should remain hardcore and not for everyone.

I will state my original intentions with this post here so its clear.

1> To provide more choices to the players without spoiling the base game
2> To increase player retention in matches where the odds are stacked against them
3> To provide an incentive to play on even though the match is won/lost.
4> To provide an opportunity to earn more required BloodVials (for recharging, reforging etc)

(Trying to) keep it simpler this time ;)

The solution I have to all of the above is to add on an extension at the end of a TDM match.
Currently the match ends when a score that cannot be beaten is reached by one team.
Even though there is still time left on the clock, the match ends early.

For those matches that are quite close (10 or less kills difference in total score), usually almost the full rounds are played out. In these situations, I do not think anything else is necessary and the game can end as normal as both sides have played to their fullest. Score screen is shown, rewards given and everyone returned to the lobby, usually happy that they had a GG.

But in those cases where one side is getting beaten quite badly (lets say minimum 12+ points difference in the total score) this is where this new mode will come into play as the match will likely end quite fast.

So 2 possible conditions will trigger this new mode to start:

1> Minimum of 20 total points difference during the first round (game is paused and VOTING commences as described above). Remaining round time is ignored in this case.
2> Minimum of 13 total points difference on the 2nd round with less than 3 minutes remaining on the match timer.

These 2 conditions are good indicators of how the match may be/have been a bit one sided.
The incentive to stay on the losing team and not quit is provided via the new system that kicks in when it detects one sided matches.

BLOODBATH !
Lets call it a new Game Mode that is started upon certain conditions (as set out above) being met in a TDM match (unranked for now) with slightly different rules and rewards during this period.
However it is an opt in decision. Noone should be forced to play on, hence the following choices are offered when the conditions are met:

NOTE: Stats are not affected during this mode as TeamWide buffs & debuffs (depending on if you won or lost) are applied. Its simply for Blood and a chance at Avengeance !

The game is paused and a VOTE MENU appears on screen, each player has 10 seconds to vote.

VOTING OPTIONS AS LOSING TEAM

Surrender !
You do not wish to play on, in fact you’d rather grab your earnings and leave this lobby asap.
Your match rewards are awarded, you gain a match LOSS and you are returned to a lobby. Your place will not be filled.

LAST STAND !
Your team has LOST the match but it is not over and the blood of your enemies will be spilt before your last dying breath! This is a chance or your team to redeem itself and walk away at least with some BLOOD. Your team will receive a teamwide BUFF (TBD) increasing your chance to slaughter your adversaries and get sweeet revenge!

VOTING OPTIONS AS WINNING TEAM

Retreat !
You do not wish to fight anymore, having already won, you need to treat your wounds and count your gold. Your match rewards are awarded, you gain a match WIN and you are returned to a lobby. Your place will not be filled.

KILL ‘EM ALL !
Your team has WON and the enemy has been defeated but we must make an example of them ! Let none get away alive !
You agree to play on under the new conditions. Your team will receive a teamwide DEBUFF (TBD). You have pushed the enemy to the verge of annihilation and now they are pissed!

BLOODBATH ROUND RULES

The above voting options are offered during a 10 second match pause once some predefined conditions are met.
At any point during this extended mode, any player can vote to retreat/surrender, get their match rewards, loss/win and be put back into a lobby. However they will only get Bloodbath rewards after completing the Bloodbath round.
The new conditions for the match are:

Stats such as MMR, K/D etc are not affected during this mode.
Map size is reduced to a smaller size (TBD) so as to avoid chasing and hiding during the limited time left.
Losing team has a teamwide buff to increase offensive powers.
Winning team has a teamwide debuff (handicap). They won but they will have to fight harder now if they want additional BLOOD!
BLOODBATH mode round duration is 5 minutes.
Possibly some other reward (XP/Gold/ TBD)

BLOODBATH ROUND END CONDITIONS

A> All losing team players vote to SURRENDER. Bloodbath voters get 1 BloodVial for every Surrender vote.
B> All winning team players vote to RETREAT. Last Stand voters get 1 BloodVial for every Retreat vote.
C> BLOODBATH round timer expires (5 minutes).

TLDR SUMMARY

New game round (5 minutes extension) called Bloodbath that starts only when certain conditions are met within unranked TDM.
Conditions are: minimum 20 kill difference on first round, or minimum 13 on second round with 2 minutes remaining indicating a one sided battle.
Everyone gets to vote on wether they want to play on or not (10 second vote time whilst game is paused).
Voters who choose to Retreat or Surrender get their match rewards win/loss as usual and are returned to lobby.
No stats are earnt during Bloodbath, its simply for fun, to earn some extra blood and revenge.
Winning team gets a debuff, losing team gets a buff making it tougher for the stomping team.
BloodVials are awarded for each execution (human or vampiric) and distributed amongst the remaining players at the end of Bloodbath.
You have to stay the full 5 minutes to get the additional blood but you may choose to leave at any point and just get your match awards.

I think I covered everything, sorry for the long winded post :)
As this is a more refined version of my original post, I will edit the OP to this version.

Discuss!