PDA

View Full Version : Please remove the early match end

Ghuldarkar
16th Jul 2015, 20:24
I can see the point of this "feature" in a League match, but in every other match we'd like to play and not have it stop after 90 seconds because we won the flashpoint match. Instead you could have added some features many of us recommended (like giving all humans some points for capturing a point, because it's obviously a team effort), but that might be asking too much it seems.

PS: and fix the timer, we waited for 3 minutes after a 2 minute second round, just to wait another minute intermission

PPS: I'm not of the opinion we should keep it in tdm but not for Flashpoint or CTB (both are adequatly short anyway (5 minutes if you're getting stomped in flashpoint)

KaininitePriestess
17th Jul 2015, 05:45
This is something the players have been requesting for a while, now, and I'm glad they finally gave it to us. It makes it so that the losing team doesn't have to suffer through 20 full minutes of getting curbstomped.

Sure, it means I can't earn oodles and oodles of extra EXP even after we've won by picking off other players, but it means I don't have to be the one getting throttled mercilessly when the shoe is on the other foot, too. It's a fair trade-off, I think.

Ysanoire
17th Jul 2015, 16:26
Please don't. I don't want to play after I know the outcome. Sorry Ghul. :P Let's start a new game ok?

OctagonalMunch
17th Jul 2015, 19:56
I totally agree with author. Please, bring back game until 30 kills in unranked match and leave it to leagues. Because in common matches it's not just about win or lose but about the process.

Banelion
17th Jul 2015, 21:55
Totaly agree too... First match : 1 for them. Second : 2 for us at 3 min... and the game was won... this is so frustrating :'( I've wait longer than the party lasts... :'(

Ghuldarkar
17th Jul 2015, 22:52
This is something the players have been requesting for a while, now, and I'm glad they finally gave it to us. It makes it so that the losing team doesn't have to suffer through 20 full minutes of getting curbstomped.

Sure, it means I can't earn oodles and oodles of extra EXP even after we've won by picking off other players, but it means I don't have to be the one getting throttled mercilessly when the shoe is on the other foot, too. It's a fair trade-off, I think.

I'm not even after the extra xp, all but 3 charas are 25 and those are 23 all. I just want to play, I don't care if I lose, but to finish a match early is just annoying to those who play because then you have to wait until the 2 that always leave are replaced. Maybe you like to go full 4 premade and don't wait long between matches, but us people who like the funny modes are **** over and wait even more now.

CountFlacula
18th Jul 2015, 02:20
i agree, this new end game after winning point is obtained is more of a burden than it is a delight. with the mysterious weapons that are collected and the new elite skins, it would make sense to allow players to finish their match regardless of victory or loss as the xp earned is more significant in a fully completed match than one that is cut short due to an unobtainable amount of points needed. i have many hours playing nosgoth and intend to spend many more but the new point system terminating a match length has been rather annoying, especially with the grueling lobby times that sometimes accompany the game. please consider other options or game mode specific game ending point systems oppossed to teamdeath match, which at the moment is the most readily available and frequently played mode

KaininitePriestess
18th Jul 2015, 03:41
I almost never go pre-made, honestly. I just go in solo and then don't leave once I get into a lobby and never have too much trouble getting a new match to start up after the last one ended. Maybe it's because of my region and the time of day I'm playing, I dunno. Could also do with my MMR ranking, maybe there are more people in my level?

Either way, I find it much more infuriating to have to suffer through an already-decided match then to have to wait for a new one to start up, even when I do have to wait a while. If there's a long wait, I just alt+tab and do something else.

Da_Wolv
18th Jul 2015, 07:32
I'm not even after the extra xp, all but 3 charas are 25 and those are 23 all. I just want to play, I don't care if I lose, but to finish a match early is just annoying to those who play because then you have to wait until the 2 that always leave are replaced. Maybe you like to go full 4 premade and don't wait long between matches, but us people who like the funny modes are **** over and wait even more now.

I don't agree. If anything I actaully have more play time now, because the games are not stupidly long and then I can start a new one. Time spent ingame/time spent was never higher!

Ysanoire
18th Jul 2015, 10:10

I know how the waiting times are in FP, but if people finish games faster and return to the mm pool faster, it will improve waiting times in the long run.

GenocidePete
18th Jul 2015, 10:27
Totaly agree too... First match : 1 for them. Second : 2 for us at 3 min... and the game was won... this is so frustrating :'( I've wait longer than the party lasts... :'(
You must have no competitive drive. You actually have fun when you go 29:1 against an enemy? What a waste of time that is.

Grisamentum
18th Jul 2015, 11:23
It's a waste of time? How are people supposed to get any better if the round finishes in a couple of minutes? You can get pounded 29:1 but it doesn't mean you don't learn anything. You might not get any kills but you can still improve as a player & it doesn't mean someone isn't going to have any fun either.
Also just because your team wins it doesn't mean you personally played well. That's more important to me than winning.

Hellboy_007
18th Jul 2015, 17:05
"Early match end" is a good idea.
Don't remove pls! :worship:

Ghuldarkar
18th Jul 2015, 17:59
Okay, I guess it makes sense if you're really getting stomped in TDM, I'm even inclined to think it's a good idea there, but a mode with few points as Flashpoint and CTB is much more fun without it, because it won't improve much with population (according to everyone) over time. Imagine a CTB where you've been really good the first round and then finish after not even a minute. We could say, maybe cut the remaining time in half after the winning point but if you have short matches it's a bit annoying, especially when you're not waiting much in general. Also it gives the other team a sense of achievement when they can actually keep a Flashpoint match at only 1 point secured instead of having to finish because they've been beaten. It's the leaver mentality of "Oh I lost, I don't want to play anymore".
Honestly quite a few people I've played flashpoint with actually started fooling around as to not have it end early.

tl;dr: keep it in general but remove it for Flashpoint.

riccetto80
18th Jul 2015, 22:40
It's the leaver mentality of "Oh I lost, I don't want to play anymore".

Emh, this is a competitive game, if you want play without push and try to win and without care of final score, play a single player or a casual multiplayer, like this you re ruining the match to your teammates.

i prefer play faster another game where i can be competitive.

anyway, this solution cut also the few match who are close and where even if losing already, i prefer to keep play...

will be better a surrender vote.

Ghuldarkar
19th Jul 2015, 18:15
Emh, this is a competitive game, if you want play without push and try to win and without care of final score, play a single player or a casual multiplayer, like this you re ruining the match to your teammates.

i prefer play faster another game where i can be competitive.

anyway, this solution cut also the few match who are close and where even if losing already, i prefer to keep play...

will be better a surrender vote.

You're wrongly assuming people who don't care if they win or lose don't give their best and try to win. I always give my best, but if I always wanted to just win i'd play a single player game on easy with cheats. I want to have a good match with good opponents and I could not care less if I lose a match or not as long as I'm having a challenging and fun match.
This having to end early is taking much of the fun out of the "gimmicky" modes.
By your post's logic there should not be a difference between league and normal deathmatch, because if they don't want to win they should just go play something else, but some people would just like to play the game instead of trying their hardest and min-maxing everything and those people are a bit screwed with a forced early end, especially when you can only get up to 6 points in a match and one point makes you finish the game you actually wanted to play. I emphasise again on people being annoyed by this fact and starting to fool around to get more playtime out of it.

EDIT: I actually quite like your notion of a surrender vote, but i'm seeing difficulties with 4v4 matches.

Cessy000
21st Jul 2015, 05:15
this new ending is ****... my 2nd rounds are mostly over in 3 min... this sucks.. pls remove it or give us an option to search for games with a full distance to go... it may be ok for level 10 guys but not the lvl 50 ones... Give us the full distance back pls

Saikocat
21st Jul 2015, 15:24
Feedback about the change to end-of-matches is something we're watching really closely, but I just want to drop a link in here to the main feedback thread about this:

http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=157773

We'll share more info the announcements on changes we make to it, but for now I want to make sure we try to centralise the feedback :)