PDA

View Full Version : Double XP Flashpoint Event From July 15-19

Saikocat
15th Jul 2015, 10:55
Keeping up our regular rotation of in-game events, we're happy to announce that our Flashpoint game mode will be playable again from July 15th (today!) through July 19th (Sunday).

During those days, Flashpoint will be available through the PLAY menu as a public game mode. And to reward you for trying out this game mode, we're giving out double XP for the duration of the event, allowing you to level up even faster.

Our Flashpoint game mode tasks the human team with capturing objectives and vampires with preventing those captures. The Human team work against a time limit that increases when points are captured. The total number of points you can capture during a round is six, and the Vampire team must work together to stop the Humans from capturing them. Unlike Team Deathmatch, kills do not influence the scoring in any way, so your focus is on the objective.

Join us from July 15th through 19th during this time window, to try it out:

7pm - 4am BST / 11am - 8pm PDT
For local times, check this page (www.worldtimebuddy.com/event?lid=8,14&h=8&sts=23949060&sln=11-20&a=show).

As always, we'd really love to hear what you think of the mode once you try it out, so join us on our forums or social channels and share your thoughts!

xNarcissusx
15th Jul 2015, 11:10
This sounds awesome. Though one question regarding double exp. This was said during the Ranked League event as well yet I only saw the normal 200 exp for each kill (which I got due to my booster), is there some chance the booster conflicts with the added bonus for events or did I just misread last time? Because otherwise it should say 300 exp for a kill correct? (I believe kills reward less exp in FP just like in CTB so I don't expect getting 300 each time but this example is just if it was applied for TDM)

Vampmaster
15th Jul 2015, 11:14
Best mode, IMO. Could do with it's own special item drops like the occult items for some event in future, to encourage more people to play it.
I have lots of suggestions here:
http://forums.eu.square-enix.com/showthread.php?t=154499

Maybe even some skins (further down the line) for 100 captures or something.

Gugulug5000
15th Jul 2015, 12:36
This sounds awesome. Though one question regarding double exp. This was said during the Ranked League event as well yet I only saw the normal 200 exp for each kill (which I got due to my booster), is there some chance the booster conflicts with the added bonus for events or did I just misread last time? Because otherwise it should say 300 exp for a kill correct? (I believe kills reward less exp in FP just like in CTB so I don't expect getting 300 each time but this example is just if it was applied for TDM)

The way it works with these events is that the XP is doubled after the match, so you don't see it when you get the kill. You are still getting the double XP though. It would be nice if they could make it more obvious that the double XP is working though, since this question seems to come up around every double XP event.

xNarcissusx
15th Jul 2015, 13:00
The way it works with these events is that the XP is doubled after the match, so you don't see it when you get the kill. You are still getting the double XP though. It would be nice if they could make it more obvious that the double XP is working though, since this question seems to come up around every double XP event.

Yeah okay fair enough, I do agree that it would be perhaps wiser if it showed like in the meter after match it puts up a 3rd number like 2000 + 2000 + 2000. Doesn't necessarily need to be shown during the match.

Saikocat
15th Jul 2015, 15:51
Yes, the plan is to have an update down the line that makes that more clearer, at the moment it won't show a visual marker like that.

Saikocat
15th Jul 2015, 15:52
Quick update, this event will run from today through July 19th, and will be followed by another event (details to follow shortly).

lucinvampire
16th Jul 2015, 12:27
Woohoo! So happy this mode is back even if just for a limited time :D

Screwby-Dew
16th Jul 2015, 20:24
Also, the terrible audio stuttering is still there... :/
^
Please, very pretty please fix it ! It's been there for months and it's really obnoxious, I completely forgot how bad it was. That's just a pain in the ****.

BloodyMaria
16th Jul 2015, 22:44
I don't know what's the reason, but it lots of bugs in flashpoint again like don't working correctly skills that does not deal damage at all. Also, the spawn system is now awful, it was better in previous tests.